Tired of Welker dropping critical passes.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Tired of Welker dropping critical passes.

And hey...why do some dump on Welker, who had over 100 yds today, when a guy like Lloyd ain't done squat all year?

Just sayin'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Plus Edelman is on crutches and a walking boot after todays game, Amendola can't stay healthy for a season, they can't catch balls if they don't play.  I say sign Welker back next couple seasons, the dude is the best receiver in the game!  Especially for the Pats offense!!! So if you homers want to not get back to the SB the next few years then keep hoping the Pats don't sign Welker back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

WW so good on 3rd downs!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

99 out of 100 times he makes that catch.

They only say that after he drops it. Seems like they've been saying that quite a bit this season. Didn't say it today, but it's been said at least 3 times this season

They said it today when he dropped a TD pas that likely puts the game away.

didn't you know that all of Brady's passes are perfect? LOL :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

He's dropped a lot of catchable balls including a few easy TD's this year and a Super Bowl clincher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6XziIQ5RI

Not easy

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rerun, I would edit that last post a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Rerun, I would edit that last post a bit.

Nah, I'm actually thinking this is my last post so let them ban me. I come here once a week and just get agrivated. Definitely not worth it. I can talk football elsewhere

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Agree with all. Don't tell tfb12!

Too late!  I heard you guys talking crap already.

Who is going to call out AH81 from dropping some passes today, well a lot of games.  Heck, I think all the Pats receivers drop passes, why get on Welker?  He's still the best and most successful WR for the Pats...of all time!!

Last I checked Wes Welker led the league in consecutive seasons with receptions per targets.  Matter of fact, he out shines all major receivers in this category.  Talk about drops all you want but I will take receptions per target all day long!!  Let me refresh your memories here....

and this was through week 9 this season.  I'm sure his numbers now smokes them all even more. 

Do you really want me to update this and prove all you "Welker drops passes" people how silly your comments are?  Give me receptions per targets over the lame dropped passes argument all day long!!!  Welker is a beast!! Sign this beast next year!! Matter of fact, hey Mr. Kraft, start savinging you money now, we need Welker next year and the year after!

Welker is a slot WR, Tom is basically handing the ball to him since he's not that far away from the line. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Anyway, I have no problem resigning Wes...as long as it to a 2 year 10 million dollar contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:

He's dropped a lot of catchable balls including a few easy TD's this year and a Super Bowl clincher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6XziIQ5RI

Not easy

Weird thing is, all the hard parts of that SB, probable winning catch, Wes handled expertly. It was the actual easy part of catching the ball hitting him smack dab in both hands that he flubbed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Agree with all. Don't tell tfb12!

Too late!  I heard you guys talking crap already.

Who is going to call out AH81 from dropping some passes today, well a lot of games.  Heck, I think all the Pats receivers drop passes, why get on Welker?  He's still the best and most successful WR for the Pats...of all time!!

Last I checked Wes Welker led the league in consecutive seasons with receptions per targets.  Matter of fact, he out shines all major receivers in this category.  Talk about drops all you want but I will take receptions per target all day long!!  Let me refresh your memories here....

and this was through week 9 this season.  I'm sure his numbers now smokes them all even more. 

Do you really want me to update this and prove all you "Welker drops passes" people how silly your comments are?  Give me receptions per targets over the lame dropped passes argument all day long!!!  Welker is a beast!! Sign this beast next year!! Matter of fact, hey Mr. Kraft, start savinging you money now, we need Welker next year and the year after!

Ahhh. This info has not so much to do with drops as it does inaccurate passes.

Welker takes a lot of short passes so of course his reception % is higher than most.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Welker is a slot WR, Tom is basically handing the ball to him since he's not that far away from the line. 

C'mon, thats a pretty lame argument. You can do better then that.  Plus Cruz is a slot receiver, look at Welkers numbers compared to his. Welker catching 73% of his targets, Cruz only 60%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ahhh. This info has not so much to do with drops as it does inaccurate passes.

Welker takes a lot of short passes so of course his reception % is higher than most.

It sure does.  If hew drops a target pass then his percentage goes down.  It doesn't matter if the pass is long or short, Welker catches 73% of his target passes, plain and simple!! Who do you want catching a pass from your QB, a guy who catches 73% of his targets or a guy who catches only 54% to 64% of his targets? I will take the 73% all day long, whoooooooo!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Seems to be a habit with him.

Fire him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I know who the Pats can replace Welker with. The guy[s] catches everything thrown at him. Now if we can just get that guy[s] to leave this board and sign a contract!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

The trolls are never happy. You've gor a team with the best winning percentage in football over the last decade with a great coach in BB and a great QB in Brady with Welker who is going to go down as one of the best of all time and all some of you know how to do in complain, complain and complain. Why don't you all move to another state and root for the Jets with Sanchez and stuffed shirt Rex. 

When BB, Brady and Welker are all gone and this franchise is in rebuilding mode then you'll be crying. 

Hetch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

C'mon, thats a pretty lame argument. You can do better then that.  Plus Cruz is a slot receiver, look at Welkers numbers compared to his. Welker catching 73% of his targets, Cruz only 60%.

I doubt Jints would admit this, but I'd take Cruz over Welker monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and 10 times on sunday. 

Cruz is faster, just as quick, great hands, exceptional route runner and taller. BTW, Cruz isn't a slot WR. Cruz plays in the slot because that's where he's at his best, he plays outside really well too. Cruz runs short, intermediate and deep routes all exceptionally and only moves to the slot in the 3 WR set.

Welker, on the other hand, is a slot WR that rarely goes 5 yards past the LOS. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

I doubt Jints would admit this, but I'd take Cruz over Welker monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and 10 times on sunday. 

Cruz is faster, just as quick, great hands, exceptional route runner and taller. BTW, Cruz isn't a slot WR. Cruz plays in the slot because that's where he's at his best, he plays outside really well too. Cruz runs short, intermediate and deep routes all exceptionally and only moves to the slot in the 3 WR set.

Welker, on the other hand, is a slot WR that rarely goes 5 yards past the LOS. 

well i looove cruz and i think he can get down the field and make the 50 yd catch which is not welker's game-cruz is a slot/wr type, incredible, had a monster year and is getting hot again

that said, i will never understand why people use "slot receiver" as a putdown or as something to use against him in contract negotiations-the man has averaged 120-1500 for 5 straight years! i don't care what you call him that is fantastic production. amazing that a giants fan seesm to appreciate welker-as a football fan-than some pats fans.

i love cruz but he has been amazing for 1.5 years, welker has been for 5.5 years and i have to respect that

I wish we were GMs for our respective teams, I'd send you Welker for Cruz in a heartbeat. 

You love Welker more than Cruz, I'd take Cruz over Welker...if only. =(

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Wes Welker had another one of his many amazing games today. Easily a candiate for game ball. And with Tom Brady the most valuable, consistent, and smartest players on offense. He's not perfect, and neither is TB- but they are as close to perfection as one can get in the NFL.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

And hey...why do some dump on Welker, who had over 100 yds today, when a guy like Lloyd ain't done squat all year?

Just sayin'

lloyd recovered the onside kick and "sealed" the game for us...lol

Sections
Shortcuts