Titans' Chris Johnson may soon request trade.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Titans' Chris Johnson may soon request trade.

How sick would it be to get CJ on the Patriots - we have a spare 1st rounder next year, and we have about $9M in cap space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Titans' Chris Johnson may soon request trade.

Not going to happen. I love the player but do not agree with paying RB's that much money in today's game. Many teams have great success without the 25 touch back.

Having said that it would be fun to see him runing behing Gronk and the O Line. Wow!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Give them the Saints 1st rounder, and give CJ $9M for the 1st two years, and the next two superbowls are ours.  19-0 would really then be a possibility!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Titans' Chris Johnson may soon request trade.:
    [QUOTE] BB has to pay Mayo, Vollmer and eventually McCourty within the next 2 years.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You forgot Welker

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think, in general, we are going to see the best RB's demanding more money early in their career as Johnson has. 

So many teams employ multi-back systems these days that to have one that handles the burden almost exclusively is unique.  Further, the conventional wisdom now seems to be that RB's aren't worth any money after 30.  They may still have game but not the kind of game that produces big pay.  Thus, a 27 yr old grt RB may not get the 6 yr deal he wants b/c the team figures he's only got 3 decent years left. 

I'll be interested to see how some of these things play out in the coming years. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

1st Rounder, B. Green-Ellis, D. Woodhead for C. Johnson because lets be real the Titans aren't giving him up for just a 1st Rounder and as much as love Benny & Danny we have too throw them in the deal. And Ridley & Vereen doesn't sound to bad as backups with Ridley taking Benny's powerback/short-yardage role. And I think C. Johnson would take somewhere 8-10 million because he's gonna be winning superbowls and this would open up a couple of roster spots to an extra receiver or d-lineman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]No way. They guy wants 12+ million per. As great as he is, he's another injury waiting to happen. BB has to pay Mayo, Vollmer and eventually McCourty within the next 2 years.

If only there were no salary cap...

Maybe we could backload the deal.  I know that the cap will go up to $125 million next year, but the year after that one the salary cap is tied to growth in league revenues, which have just been shooting through the roof and are expected to continue to grow astronomically, possibly resulting in a very high cap

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I think, in general, we are going to see the best RB's demanding more money early in their career as Johnson has.  So many teams employ multi-back systems these days that to have one that handles the burden almost exclusively is unique.  Further, the conventional wisdom now seems to be that RB's aren't worth any money after 30.  They may still have game but not the kind of game that produces big pay.  Thus, a 27 yr old grt RB may not get the 6 yr deal he wants b/c the team figures he's only got 3 decent years left.  I'll be interested to see how some of these things play out in the coming years. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see how things normalize with the hard salary cap.  First left tackles started getting franchise player money, then guards, and now running backs.  If Haynesworth hadn't been such a bust in Washington, he might have started such a trend for defensive linemen

With RB risk running so high, I would bet on big incentives and non-guaranteed contracts with big roster bonuses on the back end

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

we're sitting just fine....CJ here will NEVER happen & I'm fine with that...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Johnson is right to demand big money now with running back risk running so high. In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a8f23a5b4-1347-4fa7-b80b-776b48c9b32c&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:8f23a5b4-1347-4fa7-b80b-776b48c9b32cPost:58b8c96f-0344-4e84-b707-f48135f083bb">Re: Titans' Chris Johnson may soon request trade.:
    I think, in general, we are going to see the best RB's demanding more money early in their career as Johnson has. 

With RB risk running so high, I would bet on big incentives and non-guaranteed contracts with big roster bonuses on the back end.

Good Points. Exceptional RB's deserve strong compensation early in their career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

I'd love to see this guy get paid per yard he gains.  Come up with a number, and pay him per yard gained.  Heck, I'd love to see all the NFL players paid that way, that would really ratchet up the competition.  Image every single receiver, running back, tight end fighting and scratching for every yard gained, and every defensive player fighting to stop them.  It would be cool.  Teams could build this style of pay into their budgets based on past performance.  Pay Chris Johnson $5000 per every yard gained (insane to think that way isnt it?!)....imagine, $5K for every yard you run...wow.  If he had 2000 yards, he'd earn $10M.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]No way. They guy wants 12+ million per. As great as he is, he's another injury waiting to happen. BB has to pay Mayo, Vollmer and eventually McCourty within the next 2 years.
    Besides, he wants to be the centerpiece.  Also, RB's have a tendancy to be one hit wonders.  Remember his boasts to run for over 2000 yards last year, I think he may have mentioned 2500, and look what happened.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

I actually wouldn't want us to get CJ cuz I feel like it would get in the way of Ridley and Vereen's progress. Anyway, I don't really like the idea of trading away a first to strengthen a position where we already have talent and depth.

And Plastics017, I really like that idea

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The guy wants QB money.  The Titans would be crazy to pony up that kind of money, as good as he is.  I'd say the same thing about Larry Fitzgerald too.  Great player, but I think the Cardinals overpaid. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

No thank you - I think we are well positioned!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Not a huge fan of paying a RB big money.  They have extremely short careers.  Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Larry Johnson,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Never going to happen. If they do trade him it will be either 2 first round picks or a 1st & a 2ns plus roster players that have value ( not a Butler).

For its & giggles the conversation would sound like this.
    Well Bill your first round pick is usually high so I will need that, plus your second, the firm & Hernandez or Gonk.

We all know that BB is smarter than that so let some other team over pay & be extremly sorry 2-3 years from now.

Too much to give up for a diva. Now if he was 22 & signed for say 5 years at 30 Mil total & only wanted to be traded to play for a winner you dance but for someone who wants to be traded over not getting paid enough, no thanks.
    Maybe CJ should go talk to Millow, Ty, Seymour, Branch & Willie & see how green the grass really is on the other side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree with the people that say you can't give a running back big money. I started a thread a few weeks back about Chris Johnson and the dilemma of why you can't pay a guy that plays his spot. Guys that carry the ball 20 plus times a game are going to get injured, it happens. People that make their living off their legs and speed are going to slow down and even if it's just a tenth of a second slower, it changes the player's success level.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

No trade needed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Titans' Chris Johnson may soon request trade.:
    [QUOTE]How sick would it be to get CJ on the Patriots - we have a spare 1st rounder next year, and we have about $9M in cap space.
    Posted by Plastics017[/QUOTE]

Don't want him, don't need him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We don't need him, and we sure as hell aren't going to trade for him..

It would cost too much in terms of draft picks and he wants to be paid more then Adrian Peterson who is getting paid 10.7 million this year.