Titans game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Titans game 1

Granted, the Cards OL was horrible last night, but so has been Pats OL this preseason. Did anyone give pause last night watching the Titans pressure the Cards QB relentlessly last night? Pats OL needs to really step it up or Brady is going to get killed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Titans game 1

This is why the Pats have been featuring the screen passes to both the backs and WRs this preseason. Let the rushers come and they will burn you with the short game. No one is better at reading the D and taking what is there than TB, and I think the return of Josh McDaniels will be huge here as well. How many shots did we see last year of TB sitting alone on the sideline looking at the pictures of the defense? I think his relationship with OB was totally fractured, they just were not on the same page, and still they put up the 2nd most points in the league. TB and Josh will be much more in sync. This season we will see the return of the get rid of it quickly and whoever is open gets the ball offense. And if the OLine can develop the run blocking, this offense can be special.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pats will be ready - Brady and O, smart enough to recognize this quickly and run a few screen plays, and Tenn will back right off....

Pats D needs to be ready with J Locker's scrambling ability at times, because he is pretty quick and he takes off when he doesn't find anybody open...

Either way, can't wait for week 1!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Eventually the line will be fine I think. Game one is not far off so I cant say that they wont have any problems right off the bat. But I do think the runs and screens and mentioned above will help some as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I also have some concern about the Titans rookie WR Wright. If Locker is on Wright and their TE could be a real test for the D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It doesn't matter who we face, the team has to come together, including the OL. We have one of the most effective OC & QB combos there is, so they will be ready to handle an OL that might be lacking in some areas. Personally, I think they will be fine. Most of the starters will be there with the last question being Waters. IMO, Waters will not be the reason we go back to the big dance. He's very good, but not a game changer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

48-0 Patriots

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I watched the game. Locker looked poised. Imagine of they had Britt,Wright,Washington, that TE and Chris Johnson? They also have great DE's and a solid O-line. With that said, I agree with T-cal. 48-0

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

That first game can always be a tough one on the road. It's a new season and the Titans will be fired up infront of their home crowd. Looking at the schedule I see this game, the game in Seattle and in Buffalo as the toughest. I know that we play in Baltimore, which is a better team than all of them but I think that we go down there and handle them. 

The Patriots will be ready week one when they face a motivated Titans team on the road. The Titans would beat most of the league in that game but the Patriots are just too good. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Brady beats the pass rush. Pats win. Now the Ravens I`d be little more concerned about. Baltimore is a s--t hole cesspool, the Pats will be tested. I still don`t think Flacco beats Brady unless Rice runs for 200+ yrds.....not happening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think SF & Houston are the games we will struggle in...and Baltimore of course which is usually a tough game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't have a good fix on New England's level of play yet.  All we saw of Brady was first stringers against New Orleans (until tonight).  People like Waters might materialize out of thin air for game 1.  Chandler Jones and Hightower are new and learning fast but they're starting.  Players like Mankins and Vollmer haven't been seen yet. 

My shaky point spread numbers are -4.8 points, favoring the Pats at Tennessee.  Tennessee just played Arizona, a team that has been horrid against everyone else, and Tennessee looked slightly better than the worst.  Tennessee looked good at Tampa Bay and lousy at Seattle.   I have them as a 7-9 team.

ProfootballFocus.com says that Jake Locker is really inaccurate, even when given all day by Arizona.  The Titans have a great running back and a lousy offensive line.  Their defensive line is nice and quick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Titans have a very good d-line. They can pressure the QB up the middle and on the edge. This is a very good test. Tough road game. I also agree with pk , in that its tough to get a read on them right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Titans game 1:
    I think SF & Houston are the games we will struggle in...and Baltimore of course which is usually a tough game.
    Posted by tanbass

Those are some tough defensive teams there. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Titans game 1:
    Granted, the Cards OL was horrible last night, but so has been Pats OL this preseason. Did anyone give pause last night watching the Titans pressure the Cards QB relentlessly last night? Pats OL needs to really step it up or Brady is going to get killed.
    Posted by rkarp

What happens in the pre-season doesn't necessarily translate to what will happen in the regular season. RT is a concern. But, the Pats will find an answer, as they always do. They'll be fine when the bulletts start to fly for real. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Titans game 1:
    In Response to Titans game 1 :      What happens in the pre-season doesn't necessarily translate to what will happen in the regular season. RT is a concern. But, the Pats will find an answer, as they always do. They'll be fine when the bulletts start to fly for real. 
    Posted by TexasPat

I sure hope you are correct TexasPat.  They just did not look good on the O-line again tonight and  Brady just couldn't get things going.  Even some of the screen plays looked horrible.   I really expected this team to look a whole lot better then they do, especially since they had a full training camp this year.

Sections
Shortcuts