Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST

In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : People kept saying the same things about Chad Jackson until the day he was released. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE] but we all saw him trying to play many games for a few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

are people really calling people busts after one season??? awful

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

People called Veron Gholston a bust before the Jets 2008 season started. They were right. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

gholston is also a first round pick who hasnt lived up to his status.now i dont think he is a bust yet,but if he dosent do anything in a couple more years then he will be.now brace is a second round pick,that shouldnt have first round expectations,and he may not be ready for another year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST:
    [QUOTE]Titus Adams was signed off the practice squad to the active roster on December 9th last week. Then he was in the game day active squad. Then he came in to replace Vince Wilfork when Vince injured his foot. Please don't tell me Ron Brace is still developing and coming along. He's clearly a gigantic bust. #40 overall and bust. What a shame. Wonder if they'll cut him now or keep him till end of season. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Well, since BB obviously doesn't know players or football, you should contact him immediately and offer the benefit of your sage advice on roster moves, since you seem to know it all. Which is truly amazing since you've not watched brace practice once all year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[QUOTE]The cracks are beginning to show on Belichick and the other talent evaluators. 
    Posted by HarryBallz[/QUOTE]

That's what happens when you bypass talent to stock-up on value.  This player personnel mess is entrely predicatable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He's a half-bust.  He couldn't stop anyone in the first Jets game.

He was on the injury list a few weeks ago.

However, he's at a position with a high learning curve.  He could get better in his sophomore year.  Last I heard, he still has certain skills (he's a human avalanche).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]oh and by the way... rons had ankle problems all year.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

where?when did you see that about Brace? I try to keep with as much radin on varous sources concerning the Pats as possibe, and that's alot. I never saw anything about Brace being injured. Just curious cause I would probably bookmark the site you use.

I think its too early to call him a bust but I too am wondering what the heck is going on with him. I actually hope you are right and he is injured because it doesn't say much for his evaluation by the caoching staff to this point if he is healthy. He's not on IR and hasn't been on the injury report to my knowledge.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to question. Someone said something about him being a rookie, what's their point? Butler, chung, pryor, edelman, etc are rookies. If you are good you play. It's just not a good sign right now if Brace is healthy that TA played over him also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : but we all saw him trying to play many games for a few years.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Sorry Moss the other guy had a good point. He never got a real shot to play. It seemed obvious TB or coaches made up their mind about him being dumb long before much game time.

It certainly wasn't his hands, speed or effort that was the problem... that's why my assumption about him being dumb. He had a couple nice touch downs all on his own with 2nd effort that I recall most.

My own personal feeling with him was that TB didn't trust him to be where he wanted him to be(see the same things he saw in the defense) and said to BB don't bother because i am not even looking at him. That's complete speculation and conspiracy guess on my part, but an educated one because he didn't have issue with the abilities I mentioned above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : Sorry Moss the other guy had a good point. He never got a real shot to play. It seemed obvious TB or coaches made up their mind about him being dumb long before much game time. It certainly wasn't his hands, speed or effort that was the problem... that's why my assumption about him being dumb. He had a couple nice touch downs all on his own with 2nd effort that I recall most. My own personal feeling with him was that TB didn't trust him to be where he wanted him to be(see the same things he saw in the defense) and said to BB don't bother because i am not even looking at him. That's complete speculation and conspiracy guess on my part, but an educated one because he didn't have issue with the abilities I mentioned above.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE] but he did play,and got a a fair evaluation of his true failures.if brady didnt trust him then he must not had been good enough.to just come out and say a player is a bust just several months in the NFL with out playing a full game is not a well educated guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : Draft 2009 Rd 2, Pick 2 (34) Chung, Patrick SS  very good intensity and work ethic.  compared to bob sanders an brian dawkins. Rd 2, Pick 8 (40) Brace, Ron DT  young DL... give him time.  hes still working Rd 2, Pick 9 (41) Butler, Darius CB  sure hes made mistakes, but hes got UNBELIEVABLE potential... future #1 CB Rd 2, Pick 26 (58) Vollmer, Sebastian OL  tackle of the future... sorry matt. Rd 3, Pick 19 (83) Tate, Brandon WR  excited about him as a percy harvin type inmpact player!  (WR & KR) Rd 3, Pick 33 (97) McKenzie, Tyrone OLB  training camp IR victim... liked him in college... hard working kid.  potential pass rush?? Rd 4, Pick 23 (123) Ohrnberger, Rich OG  OL depth. Rd 5, Pick 34 (170) Bussey, George OT  another victim of IR... OL depth Rd 6, Pick 25 (198) Ingram, Jake LS  no botched snaps this year on ST Rd 6, Pick 34 (207) Pryor, Myron DT  he has been productive in the limited playing time hes had... could be a DL mainstay in the future. Rd 7, Pick 23 (232) Edelman, Julian QB  QB turned WR... tough kid playing with a broken arm... productive in welkers absence. as he develops he could be legit. Rd 7, Pick 25 (234) Richard, Darryl DT  VERY SMART player!  practice squad. looks like a damn solid draft to me.

The only issue I have with this assessment is about "Vollmer, Sebastian OL  tackle of the future" - I would say he is THE guy on the o-line - NOW !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I like all the players we picked in this last draft. I think Bill will tell you the difference from the rookie year to say year two is big! Brace may be overwhelmed with the play book. It happens. Belichick tells his players "I can't put you on the field if your not ready". We could actually see him in there next week if Vince can't play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

While I agree something's going on with Ron Brace, a bust he is not!

Chung looks great for a rookie also.  I lot of people were saying similar things about Mariweather at this point last year, he's turned it on quite nicely this year and settled those critics.  With young guys, its a learning curve...

Why are we so quick to call rookies busts when we have veterans letting this team down??  I'm not talking about Moss, by the way!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

[QUOTE]glad to see somone else that knows nothing of football, yapping away
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]
     How can anyone who makes the squad be truly categorized as a Bust in their first year. The author of the posr ought to team up with C.Gasper

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : where?when did you see that about Brace? I try to keep with as much radin on varous sources concerning the Pats as possibe, and that's alot. I never saw anything about Brace being injured. Just curious cause I would probably bookmark the site you use. I think its too early to call him a bust but I too am wondering what the heck is going on with him. I actually hope you are right and he is injured because it doesn't say much for his evaluation by the caoching staff to this point if he is healthy. He's not on IR and hasn't been on the injury report to my knowledge. I think it's perfectly reasonable to question. Someone said something about him being a rookie, what's their point? Butler, chung, pryor, edelman, etc are rookies. If you are good you play. It's just not a good sign right now if Brace is healthy that TA played over him also.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

reiss said it on espnBOSTON.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Chung has a lot of potential and could be the starting SS next season. It is the sophmore yr when most players burst out and in Chung/Vollmer/Butler/ Pryor/Edelman there is a lot to look forward to. Brace seems to be an unfortunate pick, esp b/c we could have gotten Maualuga if we stayed in the 1st. But I think we also got an extra 2nd pick in this years draft, deep in players we need, so that could offset things. Plus hitting on Pryor in rd 6 at the same spot menas we could have him be a bust and not take as big a hit as a franchise b/c 6th rd picks rarely make an impact (unless they are Tom Brady). This team needs a pass-rusher, complementary speed back to Maroney who can slowly phase out Faulk, 3rd/4th WR(depending on how Tate develops), more of a run-stuffing nasty ILB to complement speedy and skinny Guyton and a run blocking OG to phase out Neal, who can't stay healthy. We have a 1st, three 2nds and some $ this summer, esp when we cut Adalius and Taylor (and maybe Springs) and re-work Light's deal as he ends his career at RT.
    Posted by Drewtotherescue[/QUOTE]

Love the world through rose colored 20/20 glasses. Mauluga went int eh 2nd round FOR A REASON. But, that's OK, you're right and the rst of the NFL is wrong, at least teh 37 picks in front of him.  GREAT season stats too: 33 tackles, 22 assists, 1 sack. TREMENDOUS! To the other joker who posted, er, WHINED about not drafting Cushing..... he was the 1st USC LB drafted, at #15. The Patriots never had a shot at him, of course, other than a mega trade in the whiner's mind.

Now, a quick history refresher to all BB detractors on his inability to draft an All Pro stud in teh 2nd round. The draft went off BEFORE Bruschi retired and AT rolled over kicking his legs in teh air. Let's see.... that's 2 of 4 starting LB's (in a 3-4 defense).

Next whine, please?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : reiss said it on espnBOSTON.com

Thanks...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : Love the world through rose colored 20/20 glasses. Mauluga went int eh 2nd round FOR A REASON. But, that's OK, you're right and the rst of the NFL is wrong, at least teh 37 picks in front of him.  GREAT season stats too: 33 tackles, 22 assists, 1 sack. TREMENDOUS! To the other joker who posted, er, WHINED about not drafting Cushing..... he was the 1st USC LB drafted, at #15. The Patriots never had a shot at him, of course, other than a mega trade in the whiner's mind.   Now, a quick history refresher to all BB detractors on his inability to draft an All Pro stud in teh 2nd round. The draft went off BEFORE Bruschi retired and AT rolled over kicking his legs in teh air. Let's see.... that's 2 of 4 starting LB's (in a 3-4 defense). Next whine, please?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Yea, people think that Belichick was supposed to know that Bruschi wouldn't be able to contribute at a high level and that two of his young guys would be eliminated from being able to contribute before training camp even started (Shawn Crable and Tyrone McKenzie, both injured long before the first snap of the preseason).

I think McKenzie will be able to contribute, having played in two 3-4 defenses in his college career while also overcoming a lot of adversity in his life with his Mom becoming ill and taking care of her.

Crable might be a bust, but he's got the talent if he ever gets his act together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : but he did play,and got a a fair evaluation of his true failures.if brady didnt trust him then he must not had been good enough.to just come out and say a player is a bust just several months in the NFL with out playing a full game is not a well educated guess.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I never said Brace was a Bust and I said the guy was off in calling Brace a Bust at this point. I myself said it is open for wondering what is going on with Brace though, that is perfectly normal to wonder or question. A few people said he's been injured even though I have yet to see him on the "official" injury report that I can recall but I certainly trust what others have posted about it.

MY point about the comment the other gentleman made was about Jackson that he came back at you with after you tried to crucify him by explaining that Brace hasn't had an opportunity to play much yet and could not be called a bust. I agree with that/you.

BUT Jackson only started ONE game as receiver. He played VERY sparingly a few times in a couple other games as a "receiver". Jackson was designated to primarily special teams only that year. The game he started was against the Jets I believe, the 2nd game of the year. He had 2 receptions for 40 + yards with a long of 24 and 1 TD. They never really used him much after that performance. He obviously didn't do what they wanted or make the correct sight adjustments they wanted. That was 2006 when Reche Caldwell caught almost 70 passes and could have used Jackson. His point was that the Team and , in my opinion Brady, made up their minds on him prior to any real extensive game time experience. ...and by the way I think that is perfectly logical. If you have ever coached any sport at any level you know you make your player evaluations in practices. Games will often reaffirm or cause you to revaluate but most often a guy is what or who he is in on the practice field, in the film room, in the weight room, etc because that's where you see him perform day in and day out.

Again, while i think the guy is off about jumping to the bust conclusion. I think it is safe to say that IF Brace is healthy that he simply is not showing himself to the coaches in practice to be better than pryor, Titus Adams, Green, Wright, wilfork, OR warren to this point.

If that were the case that would be disappointing and worrisome to some extent , based on his draft position, but not make him a bust by any means.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

If somebody mentions SHAWN CRABLE again as a potential linebacker I am going to SCREAM.

The guy does not play.    He has not played a single down in 2 FREAKIN NFL season.

Oh yah, give him one more year before we call him a bust.  GIMME a break.

The PATRIOTS drafting is mediocre and that's one reason why the team is average to mediocre this year.

Yes occasionally they found a gem.  OCCAISONALLy plus they have stocking draft picks for 3 years nows.  Look at the 2006 and 2008 drafts.  HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

This year is too early to all.  They certainly had enough picks to find some good player.

YES they could have drafted MALAUGA in the second round, they chose not to.

Like they chose not to draft David Harris of the Jets in the second round.