TJ Moe released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

TJ Moe released

Per Reiss, Pats told him they were going in a different direction but left the door open

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: TJ Moe released

He may be back, who knows.  They paid him $30 grand to see if he was an NFL-calibre receiver.  Maybe they don't like what they see after a year, maybe he's still hurt. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Mild suprise.  Maybe injury isn't healing like they hoped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Could mean they feel good about the purported talks with edelman so far

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I really thought Moe would make the roster, lots of like about his game.  Not sure if injury or what's wrong, but y now? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Mildly surprising. I thought they would at least let him compete, especially for what it is costing them which is next to nothing. Look on the bright side, he has the same injury as vw, is a decade younger and was hurt about 3-5 months earlier. We had better hope not it is injury related. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And this is a prime example of fans overvaluing players and the system when it comes to UDFA's. I hear a lot of, well we can let player 'x' go because we have this UDFA we red shirted last year and he'll be a fine replacement. Then the player gets let go. I also hear a lot of what a great job BB does finding UDFA's but after a year the vast majority are no longer on the team because they just don't have the talent to compete or have issues that prevent them from getting on the field. There is a reason they went UDFA in the first place. Honestly if you are counting on UDFA's you are in trouble to begin with and generally highlights a weakness in those area's.

So, I'll say it again as I said last year we all need to calm down about UDFA's. As Pats fans the Jones, Vellano's, Siliga's, Moes, Thompkins of the world come and go and generally don't make impacts. They are easily replacable. Thinking they are the next Welkers, Bryants, Branches of the world is a bit foolhardy. You see maybe 1 or two UDFA's from every class turn into something special (ie see Welker) but they are rare and for the most part it's simply a numbers game. Of the 400 UDFA's if 1 makes it does that really give you hope you'll find a productive starter every year in UDFA? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Egad, is this forum making a huge deal out of a personnel move about which we have zero information - on both sides of the discussion.  It's about to happen and at some point in the not too distant future we'll find out why.  Until then, why get all soggy and hard to light over it??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wes Welker syndrome...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Egad, is this forum making a huge deal out of a personnel move about which we have zero information - on both sides of the discussion.  It's about to happen and at some point in the not too distant future we'll find out why.  Until then, why get all soggy and hard to light over it??

[/QUOTE]

Can't these poor fans wring their hands over the fate of yet another BB scrub that they overrated, without being admonished, Geez?

Think of the psychological damage you're causing with this hard line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A most common theme to this forum. With no information/intel from the Pats side of the ledger, fans comment here like they "know" what is going on better than the team!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't these poor fans wring their hands over the fate of yet another BB scrub that they overrated, without being admonished, Geez?

[/QUOTE]

My God!! What has happened to my sensitivity??  I promise to be a kindler gentler poster in the Babe mold going forward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My God!! What has happened to my sensitivity??  I promise to be a kindler gentler poster in the Babe mold going forward.

[/QUOTE]

Now now, don't beat yourself up my friend. It is the rare homer that can withstand BB's 9 years of fail and keep the love flowing. The torment his actions cause to the subconscious of those in denial cannot be downplayed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now now, don't beat yourself up my friend. It is the rare homer that can withstand BB's 9 years of fail and keep the love flowing. The torment his actions cause to the subconscious of those in denial cannot be downplayed.

[/QUOTE]

You have a future (or perhaps a past) in psychotherapy.  I feel refreshed and reinvigorated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't these poor fans wring their hands over the fate of yet another BB scrub that they overrated, without being astonished, Geez?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

THis guy is injured with an achilles, which not everyone returns from, and he was never drafted...save the angst for VW and whether we resign Edleman.....Talib has flown the coop, he ain't coming back....toughen up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this exchange is being directed at me but I'm certainly not wringing my hands nor did I intend to make a big deal out of a move that is decidedly not. However,  based on my personal observations of this board over the past six years, passing on ANY transaction to fellow posters seems de rigueur

although I always appreciate the use of "egad" whenever possible

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have a future (or perhaps a past) in psychotherapy.  I feel refreshed and reinvigorated.

[/QUOTE]

I did see a psychologist some years ago. I hit her boot for about six months, then moved on. We remain friends.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I did see a psychologist some years ago. I hit her boot for about six months, then moved on. We remain friends.

[/QUOTE]

There's a commentary on her skill set somewhere in there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this exchange is being directed at me but I'm certainly not wringing my hands nor did I intend to make a big deal out of a move that is decidedly not. However,  based on my personal observations of this board over the past six years, passing on ANY transaction to fellow posters seems de rigueur

although I always appreciate the use of "egad" whenever possible

[/QUOTE]

I can assure you that my exchange with Babe, at least from my perspective, was good natured banter between two guys of a certain age.  I certainly wouldn't be critical of anyone simply posting on a move the Pats made.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Gracias ATJ...now about this psychologist whose boots Babe was supposedly wearing for six months...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He will be missed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"It is moves like the" TJ MOE "signing that will keep BB from the elusive 6th Super Bowl victory"

# Bust

# waste of money

# ate up a valuable injured reserve spot

# cap hell

# no such thing

# fire Bill Belichick

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why is anyone surprised? The guy was an undrafted free agent coming off a major knee injury  - I feel bad for the guy - but he was a long shot.

Sections
Shortcuts