T.J. Moe waived by the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: T.J. Moe waived by the Pats

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Yeah, 30,000 dollars is really a major cap hit. lol

He was always a bubble player or PS bound. It's funny how some cling to a name and then act like it's utter devastation when he is released.

It also makes me laugh how everyone got so exited that the pats are spending big, when in fact they are tossing pennies around on no name undrafted players.

Good call. Pats are just a bunch of cheapos. I can't believe they sign un drafted players. Ugh. Plus it's obvious this guy sucked, otherwise his Achilles wouldn't have ruptured like a punk. Duh. Waste of 30 BIG ONES.....We could have used that 30 thousand to go after Mike Wallace or Mario Williams. Guys who eat sleep and excrete championships.

We need a GM who can judge talent, cuz this Belichick guy just doesn't get it. 

Yeah they could of spent that exrta thirty grand and bought your buddy BJGE some new track shoes while he was here, that way he could of run the 40 in under ten minutes flat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

This blows, this kid was going to be productive in our system. There's always next year... maybe?

Don't know about a next year for Moe, unfortunately. An Achilles injury is a tough one to come all the way back from, when your stock and trade is as a quick, shifty slot receiver.

You think so? I kind of figured a young guy like that could come back from that with a lot more success than say a torn ACL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

anybody know if TJ MOe has cleared waivers or not?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I must confess that I know nothing about this kid but, based on the length of this thread, he must be a pretty special UDFA.  Regardless, hope he fully recovers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Mike Reiss 3m

Rookie WR T.J. Moe (Achilles) clears waivers & now reverts to the Patriots' injured reserve list. Will return to compete for a spot in '14.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Yay!

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

Ap your boy is still on the team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You think so? I kind of figured a young guy like that could come back from that with a lot more success than say a torn ACL.

I've seen a lot more guys come back strong from ACLs than Achilles.  Some guys  never come back the same from an Achilles (the guy I remember most is Takeo Spikes when he was in Buffalo).  Adrian Peterson practically broke the dam rushing record off an ACL.  Now don't get me wrong Peterson is a freak of nature, but I don't think he does that if it's his Achilles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

T J Moe was I guy that I was hoping to get drafted by the Pats but they got him as an undrafted FA.  Nice pick up IMHO. 

On the Achilles injury I would think it would depend on if it was a tear or rupture on his type of recovery.

I don't see how he doesn't clear waivers.  This in no way compares with the Ballard situation.

Commie's IQ is still in single digits I see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

very good news that he cleared waivers. If he can fully recover within the next year, this whole deal might have worked out for the best. He would have had a tough time making our roster this year, and we could have lost him in August through the waiver process while trying to slide him onto the practice squad. At least he will remain a Patriot for the next year and have another chance next year. Get well soon, Moe!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

Moe needs to get with Suggs and ask what he took. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I've seen a lot more guys come back strong from ACLs than Achilles.  Some guys  never come back the same from an Achilles (the guy I remember most is Takeo Spikes when he was in Buffalo).  Adrian Peterson practically broke the dam rushing record off an ACL.  Now don't get me wrong Peterson is a freak of nature, but I don't think he does that if it's his Achilles.

Agreed, an Achilles injury often ends a player's career.  Now that Moe has cleared waivers and is on injured reserve, all that we can do is hope against hope that it gets better by tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m.  Ever since Jeff Demps busted his knee in the last preseason game of 2012 I don't trust major injury reports out of Foxboro, particularly if the injury works out pretty well for the team and if nobody ever has a motive to check up on the player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In any case he's a Patriot for another year. This will give him time to learn the entire playbook! Study film and learn the competition and their weaknesses.

Sportsbozo1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Mike Reiss 3m

Rookie WR T.J. Moe (Achilles) clears waivers & now reverts to the Patriots' injured reserve list. Will return to compete for a spot in '14.

Thanks Rocky!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed, an Achilles injury often ends a player's career.  Now that Moe has cleared waivers and is on injured reserve, all that we can do is hope against hope that it gets better by tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m.  Ever since Jeff Demps busted his knee in the last preseason game of 2012 I don't trust major injury reports out of Foxboro, particularly if the injury works out pretty well for the team and if nobody ever has a motive to check up on the player.

[/QUOTE]

The ACL injuries are much more common so you have many more players that do recover fully and continue their careers - but the percentages aren't that great - 35% of ACL players are out of the league within one year and a much lower percentage regain past form, and only about 5% are in the AD class off 100% in under 12 months. The other advantage with the ACL is that because it is so common, they have had a lot more trial and error in the operation/recovery and the success rates have improved significantly. Same is not true for the achilles injuries. I think they are around 40% full recovery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In all honesty I hope we don't need him.  We have a lot of guys competing for what? Maybe 5 spots. If we don't have enough o go with from what's left we could be doomed. There will be some vets cut before long and there's a chance that we bring in another vet. 90 guys is a lot. When do cutdowns start end of this month? I forget how many guys we can start camp with. 
    Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Sad, this has got to be a huge disappointment for Moe and his career in the NFL. 

But, since he cleared waivers and reverts to the Pats injured reserve list, what do the Pats have to pay him this year? I think rookie minimum is about $405,00. Do they have to pay him a percentage of that (i.e.50%)? If they cut him, what would they need to pay him? Anyone know the formula for working this stuff out?

Sections
Shortcuts