TJ Ward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

TJ Ward

This is is how he felt; "The decision I made was to make a tackle on a big man, and unfortunately he got hurt," Ward said. "If I were to hit him up high, there’s a chance I would be fined, so I was just being safe. Gronk is a big dude. He’s not small by any means. It just makes it difficult. My intention is not to hurt anyone. That’s not what this game is about, and that’s not how I play."

I think he will be fined and should be suspened for a completely non football style tackle that showed zero tactical skills in bring someone to the ground, he is a wimp who can't make a proper tackle, he shows he is scared by throwing his body low at bigger and better player's knees. He has been fined 3 times before this, he knows what an illegal and unsafe hit is. Gronk has plenty of body space to hit him without going after his head or knees. Here is his twitter handle if you're interested - @BossWard43

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: TJ Ward

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is is how he felt; "The decision I made was to make a tackle on a big man, and unfortunately he got hurt," Ward said. "If I were to hit him up high, there’s a chance I would be fined, so I was just being safe. Gronk is a big dude. He’s not small by any means. It just makes it difficult. My intention is not to hurt anyone. That’s not what this game is about, and that’s not how I play."

I think he will be fined and should be suspened for a completely non football style tackle that showed zero tactical skills in bring someone to the ground, he is a wimp who can't make a proper tackle, he shows he is scared by throwing his body low at bigger and better player's knees. He has been fined 3 times before this, he knows what an illegal and unsafe hit is. Gronk has plenty of body space to hit him without going after his head or knees. Here is his twitter handle if you're interested - @BossWard43

[/QUOTE]

not sure I agree...there was nothing wrong with the tackle...just the result...it's the new rule that is the problem Gronk's not the first nor the last reciever to have his knees taken out this year...thank god he doesn't have a concussion...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"“I guess I’ve just got to take people’s knees out. I’d hate to end a guy’s career over a rule, but I guess it’s better (for something to happen to) other people than me getting suspended for longer,” he told reporters in the Redskins locker room.  ”You’ve just got to go low now. You’ve got to end people’s career. You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit ‘em high anymore.”"

~Brandon Meriweather

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/brandon-meriweather-redskins-knees/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

"“I guess I’ve just got to take people’s knees out. I’d hate to end a guy’s career over a rule, but I guess it’s better (for something to happen to) other people than me getting suspended for longer,” he told reporters in the Redskins locker room.  ”You’ve just got to go low now. You’ve got to end people’s career. You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit ‘em high anymore.”"

~Brandon Meriweather

[/QUOTE]

Sadly that the reality of the mindset of every safety in the game. The Quarterbacks now have to make sure they're putting the ball in a place where the reciever's can turn and see who's coming to protect themselves. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

T J WARD had plenty of time to think about where to hit Gronk..he chose to lead with his helmet and he aimed straight for Gronks knee...open and shut case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

~Brandon Meriweather

[/QUOTE]

Sadly that the reality of the mindset of every safety in the game. The Quarterbacks now have to make sure they're putting the ball in a place where the reciever's can turn and see who's coming to protect themselves. 

[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see what kind of rule changes there will be during the off season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not sure hitting Gronk high would have worked in the situation anyway.  If my memory of the play is right, Ward was not in position to blast him high.  

I wonder if the rules have to change to simply outlaw launching yourself at a player and instead require you to tackle with your arms.  The injuries (both head and body) occur mostly when players launch themselves at each other.  Wrapping someone up in the traditional way rarely causes these kinds of injuries. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure hitting Gronk high would have worked in the situation anyway.  If my memory of the play is right, Ward was not in position to blast him high.  

I wonder if the rules have to change to simply outlaw launching yourself at a player and instead require you to tackle with your arms.  The injuries (both head and body) occur mostly when players launch themselves at each other.  Wrapping someone up in the traditional way rarely causes these kinds of injuries. 

[/QUOTE]

Just watched a replay of the hit on Gronk. Ward launched himself like a missle leading with his helmet directing the hit low right at Gronk's knee. This is not a "clean" hit from my view point. Of course that's going to cause an injury. Wrapping up a player and pulling or pushing him down would limit the number of serious injuries occuring. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And don't forget, Ward has 3 priors for cheap shots/fines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

what goes around comes around man................ward is gonna get his.....filthy dirty cheap shot designed to "hurt" gronks knee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

And don't forget, Ward has 3 priors for cheap shots/fines.

Yeah.  I don't buy his presser statement. I don't think there was anything measured about his decision on how he would tackle Gronk. He may not have gone into the game with the plan on taking Gronk out-  the helmet full speed ahead hit to the knee looks to me like he was intent on taking Gronk OUT of the game on that play. A season ending injury that  probably involves more injury that a torn ACL.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Legal hit, yeah. Clean hit absolutely not. When you are taught to tackle if you have to go low you aim for the thighs and wrap them up are go for the ankles and trip them up. You never, ever aim for a knee with your helmet or shoulder. You just don't do it. I don't know what the heck these NFL players were taught but all my years in the sport I have never heard a single coach ever say once you should lead with your helmet and aim for vital spots like heads or knees. Disgusting

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

scum, cheap shot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I saw the replay a thousand times in work. It's a cheap shot, a dirt hit from a dirt bag  player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

He should be drawn and quartered

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NY fans are giving him a party.....  ya think?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'll let you guys know what he has to say for himself, Im pulling up to his house now.

Just kidding, don't ban me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I feel bad for Gronk, he's had a tough road injury-wise and it's sad to see him gone for the season. But as much as the NFL tries to legislate head shots out of the game it puts defenders in the position of going low to avoid penaties/fines/suspensions.   I don't know what the right solution is, but football is inherently a tough game and defenders are damned if they do, damned if they don't when tackling. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NY fans are giving him a party.....  ya think?

[/QUOTE]

Giants

Jets

Yankees

Mets

Rangers

islanders

Knicks

have fun at their own elimination party. Send the yankee ownership the bill.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I'll let you guys know what he has to say for himself, Im pulling up to his house now.

LMAO!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel bad for Gronk, he's had a tough road injury-wise and it's sad to see him gone for the season. But as much as the NFL tries to legislate head shots out of the game it puts defenders in the position of going low to avoid penaties/fines/suspensions.   I don't know what the right solution is, but football is inherently a tough game and defenders are damned if they do, damned if they don't when tackling. 

[/QUOTE]

learn how to tackle ....   you don't need to be confused about it , tough guy.   hit a person with your shoulder pads in a natural way around the center of gravity (hips and midsection) .  TRUST ME ,   all YOU apologetic sounding poussies like TJWard...    the person carrying the football will be tackled to the ground .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxvette. Show soxvette's posts

T J coWARD is a cheap shot artist. Clearly launched himself at Gronks knees. BS about being afraid to hit him high and get a penalty, his only purpose was to take Gronk out. Like someone said, the dude is too short to reach Gronks head. I hate more rules, but launching with helmet and shoulder pads against a bare knee is just plain dirty. Might as well give them baseball bats and let them whack receivers in the knees to take them down. Should be fines and suspensions for what he did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

[QUOTE]

learn how to tackle ....   you don't need to be confused about it , tough guy.   hit a person with your shoulder pads in a natural way around the center of gravity (hips and midsection) .  TRUST ME ,   all YOU apologetic sounding poussies like TJWard...    the person carrying the football will be tackled to the ground .

[/QUOTE]

A bit over the top in your response, no?  I won't take the bait though if you're namecalling to get a rise.  If you think that guys going low to tackle has nothing to do with the league's attempt to deal with the results of concussions and legal liability, then you're not paying attention.  Try to have a rational dialog instead of being tough guy at the Boston.com board.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A bit over the top in your response, no?  I won't take the bait though if you're namecalling to get a rise.  If you think that guys going low to tackle has nothing to do with the league's attempt to deal with the results of concussions and legal liability, then you're not paying attention.  Try to have a rational dialog instead of being tough guy at the Boston.com board.   

[/QUOTE]

go root for the the browns, saints or ravens or all the cheap shot teams that head hunt and try to injure players and succeed alot of the times

Sections
Shortcuts