T.O. a Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Re: T.O. a Patriot

In Response to Re: T.O. a Patriot:
    They need a downfeild reciever.  Boldin isn't, TO wasn't.  TO isn't much of anything but a head case.
    Posted by croc

Yah TO - 15.1 yards a catch longest catch 98 yards last year... always had a catch over 40 yards every season of his career cept like 2... you re right not a downfield player.  YOU are a moron.

BOLDIN -13.0 yards a catch 84 receptions last year ... longest being 44 and that was his average... thats pretty downfield for me...

let me guess you lobbying for josh reed or torry holt?   you realize last year josh reed put up 291 yards ALL SEASON right? TO put up 197 in one game, some people are just completely pathetic... because they do not know the game of football they are such hypacrits oh TO is a bad person this and that.  Seriously cry.  You do not even know what you are talking bout downfield reciever.  If you think these guys are not downfiend recievers please my friend tell me your definition of a downfield reciever because it will be amusing to hear your defination of one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Why do peoople start misleading thread titles?  Attention?
    Posted by russgriswold

Yes, we need a "Truth in Thread Titles Act".  Before long we'll have thread starters take out ads to attract people to their threads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. a Patriot : I dont know about you, but i want to have a SB run this season and the draft is weak on WR's. I will take your headaches in a min. for a SB again. we need more offensive talent on our team. Are You blind? we becoming so predictable (Baltimore playoff game) hint hint get over your personal issues with T.O.
    Posted by PatsBermuda

My personal issues are the fact that he's still out there and the Pats haven't signed him.  Yes, it is sarcasm.  I thought it was pretty obvious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

if the money was right.he would be big for the team.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1

big, meaning:
    big ego
    big mouth
    big jerk

but imagine him lining up opposite Moss wearing #82

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. a Patriot : Yah TO - 15.1 yards a catch longest catch 98 yards last year... always had a catch over 40 yards every season of his career cept like 2... you re right not a downfield player.  YOU are a moron. BOLDIN -13.0 yards a catch 84 receptions last year ... longest being 44 and that was his average... thats pretty downfield for me... let me guess you lobbying for josh reed or torry holt?   you realize last year josh reed put up 291 yards ALL SEASON right? TO put up 197 in one game, some people are just completely pathetic... because they do not know the game of football they are such hypacrits oh TO is a bad person this and that.  Seriously cry.  You do not even know what you are talking bout downfield reciever.  If you think these guys are not downfiend recievers please my friend tell me your definition of a downfield reciever because it will be amusing to hear your defination of one. 
    Posted by clarkeyj1

It's called YAC. 

A down feild reciever is one that gets open down feild. You know a deep threat.  Moss is a deep threat.  Fitzgerald is a deep threat. Stallworth is even a deep threat as was Chad Jackson albeit a sucky one. Welker, like Boldin, is not really a deep threat, but has had lots of yards.  Yes they occcasionally get open deep, but mostly get's open short-mid and get YAC.  Boldin a bigger version..and an injury plagued version.  http://experts.sportingnews.com/blog/FantasySourceBlitz/entry/view/15111/boldin,_welker_keep_yac-ing_it_up

Getting back to Reed his last 3 QBs were Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick.  Think he might do a tad better with Brady. He's no star, but he could be a Gaffney.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

"If you looked up teh word "Cander" in any dictionary, you'll see #81 smiling with a diamond ear ring stud." I just tried but for some reason, I couldn't find cander in the dictionary.  As a matter of fact, I couldn't find teh either.
    Posted by siestafiesta

Must be a new word with a new definition in Webstah's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevindavis. Show kevindavis's posts

We need a DE
    We need a OLB
    We need an OT or OG
    We need a TE

That exhausts the first four picks.  Next after is a low fourth round.

And, We still need another receiver. Why not at least let him take a visit.  He and Moss are friends and I think Moss could be his sponsor. If he F***s up, cut him.  Defenders still fear him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. a Patriot : My personal issues are the fact that he's still out there and the Pats haven't signed him.  Yes, it is sarcasm.  I thought it was pretty obvious.
    Posted by BBRULES23

srry just pissed that we haven't scooped a receiver yet knowing the draft is weak on receivers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

NO  he is nothing but a cry baby he always has injuries NO TO T.O

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. a Patriot : It's called YAC.  A down feild reciever is one that gets open down feild. You know a deep threat.  Moss is a deep threat.  Fitzgerald is a deep threat. Stallworth is even a deep threat as was Chad Jackson albeit a sucky one. Welker, like Boldin, is not really a deep threat, but has had lots of yards.  Yes they occcasionally get open deep, but mostly get's open short-mid and get YAC.  Boldin a bigger version..and an injury plagued version.  http://experts.sportingnews.com/blog/FantasySourceBlitz/entry/view/15111/boldin,_welker_keep_yac-ing_it_up Getting back to Reed his last 3 QBs were Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick.  Think he might do a tad better with Brady. He's no star, but he could be a Gaffney.  
    Posted by croc

Your argument does not make sense...

1. you post me something from 2008 and it says On the flip side, you have Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, who rank 20th and 38th, respectively, in YAC this year (Owens was 16th last year; Moss was 23rd).

32 teams, 2 wide recievers thats 64 players... OWENS is next to moss and in the top 40 after being in the top 20.  wow REREAD man. dont link garbage, BUT I POST TO YOU THAT TO HAS HAD EVERY SEASON A RECEPTION OF OVER 50 yards or more the LAST TEN YEARS... how is that not a DEEP THREAT?

JOSH REED and TO had the same QB last year.  McNabb accuracy is just as bad as any qb.  

I cant even argue with you because if you think JOSH REED would be better on this team then TO we can now see why your friends ask you to play fantasy football, because you do not know the value of a player.

Regardless of offfield history of TO, FA is drying up. PATs need a reciever.  TO maybe 36 but hes a freak of nature physically and in better shape then most 25 year olds.  Do you even know anyone coming in the draft as wide reciver?  GOlden tate most likely will be gone, dez bryant is DIVA and the only  other person you can draft just broke his foot last month and hes most likely going to be drafted.  Plus we know BB not going to draft offense first round if he keeps the pick.  

If you keep thinking PATTEN, REED and these fill ins is going to HELP TOM BRADY this isnt 2004 Brady isnt 26, patten isnt 26, our team isnt young anymore, IM not givng up on our team, we have a chance for a nice playoff run but our team is not SUPERBOWL worthy.  IF YOU NIAVE FANS think so keep dreaming, because this is whats going to happen every offseason until there is no more tom brady, no more moss, start being realistic about it, josh fu**ing reed seriously? i rather go see a canadians game then see david patten suit up for us again 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Getting back to Reed his last 3 QBs were Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick.  Think he might do a tad better with Brady. He's no star, but he could be a Gaffney.  I totally agree. In fact I've said it all week. Josh Reed is a disciplined route runner with the smarts to pick up the playbook and the proven background to get open. Is he the answer for the future no but if we have him, Patten and Edelman running inside routes and Moss and Tate going downfield I think they'd hold down the fort until WW is back to help out. On top of that, the lack of action towards a FA receiver only makes me believe they plan on using a pick for one. I'd much rather exhaust those two options than pick up TO.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Yah dude.. Josh REED is so great.. he caught 29 passes last year...  the Bills lost TO, and have no recievers now they figured they let him walk away... get real... the guy is terrible.  David Patten... is not 26... and hes not going to do anything for us... this isnt 2004 anymore why is everyone living in the past?

and  a ROOKIE 2 people coming off injured reserve and a recovering moss as well as 3 injury proned running backs is not going to be a surefire OFFENSE...

i love how people think a rookie is just going to come in and be a star...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

No thank you , I admit Im a little biased here because Ive never been a big TO fan. I absolutely hate it when people compare Moss and Owens when it comes to the issues they have off the field. Seriously what has Moss ever done that hurt his team. Ok so he drove a couple blocks w/ a crossing guard on his hood LOL , and he squirted a ref with a water bottle , after that what is there. The " I play when I want to play" quote is/was completely taken out of context , and I hate people who use that as an excuse , but it really is the truth. Moss' biggest problem in Minnesota was the fact that the coaches let the players run the team. Everybody hates losing , but when you lose with your best players at least you can say you gave it everything you had. Hed blow up in Minne when the Vikes would get there azz kicked and he wasnt getting the ball. I have no problem at all with that , to me thats just a player wanting to do everything he can to help his team win. Owens has just been an azzhole everywhere he went. When did Moss ever throw his QB under the bus , or elude that his QB might be gay? Everywhere Owens has been theres stock footage of him fliping out on the sideline , everywhere , even last year when he was supposedly was on his best behavior. Almost everytime Owens has a problem w/ his team , management etc he airs it out through the press. Im sorry I just dont see the comparison between them. So thats one issue I have with him , but even with that said if I thought he could help the team Id be all for him coming here. Watching this guy the last couple years it very clear his skills just arnt there. And I really am sick of filling the void for the moment with these old vets. From what I hear the PATS have alot of confidence in Tate and we all know Edelman can play the slot and even a lil' X. Thats the position we really need to fill in the receiving corp , the X. Now Ive been hoping the PATS would make a move for Marshall since the end of the season. Hes in his prime , hes a top 5 receiver with just a crazy skill set and getting him for just a first would be a steal. And maybe most important hed fit in perfect here playing the X position , but whatever , it looks like the PATS arnt going after him right now. Boldin would have been a great fit as well...anyways. If we're not going to go after Marshall and Boldins in Balt. then it looks like we're going to have to upgrade through the draft. I really like Tate though , I think this kid can really play and will be a nice fit in that X spot that weve lacked the last 3 years. Listen Id love another deep threat too and thats part of my thought process in wanting Marshall. The guy is just crazy good , he can play the short game giving you bubble screens , short slants and comebacks. And he can stretch the field with crossing patterns , slugos , post and 9 routes. Its like eating a ring ding and finding double the chocolate and filling LOL or killing 2 birds w/ 1 stone. Anyway I have faith in Tate , but really think its time to stoping messing around with the running game. Theres a couple backs in the draft that show real potential. Theres the obvious choice in Spiller who I really like , I think he's a 3 down back and IMHO he'll be a better pro than he was a college player. After him theres Matthews , Best(another guy I really like...love to see him in a PATS uniform) , Dwyer , Gearhart , Murray , Devine(think Sproles , Washington , Hightower) , and Brown. If we're going to stay PAT with the rec corp than we need a real legitimate running game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Apparently the more capitol letters used the better the argument.

TO wont be a Pat.  Reed and/or Branch might be. Tate was considered first round talent before injuring the ligaments in his knee, which like Brady's knee surgery takes about 2 years to fully recover from. He and Brady should be 100% unlike last year. It's March and they will have a solid group of WR before the end of camp. Patten most likely won't be one.

The Bills still have their best WR Lee Evans. Evans also had a down year since they had no one to throw them the ball. I'd love to see Evans in a Pats uni, not happening though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Just say "NO" to TO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Just say "NO" to TO.
    Posted by unclealfie

Ditto

Sections
Shortcuts