To All: About Hating Someone else on the Board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

To All: About Hating Someone else on the Board.

the thing that anyone attacking another here for talking patritois or football doesnt get is when you attack purportedly to defend the patriots you are behaving poorly to the only TEAM you have. the people who follow the patriots. the players have the other players that suit up as a team. we have  

the groups of fans that we are around the globe. so regardels whether you can apprecaite what each has to say about football, or anything else barring oppression and evil (such as racism), they are YOUR TEAMMATES. they are on your team. not everyone in a locker room likes each other, but they all back up one another. see if we can remember that here about fellow fans. we are all going to disagree and have our affinites with this one, and less so with that one. its the nature of the world. see if we can back our own teammates (the other patriot fan posters) regardless. 

those of you capable of it, we can also look at all other people on the planet this way. we can be for everyone. even the misguided person who is taught from childhood and the society to be racist. we can be for them to unlearn their racism (sexism, homophobia, etc); for them as a human being (to be the better part of themself.

have a good night?day all. 

see you sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: To All: About Hating Someone else on the Board.

brdbreu I come here to read, interact, and stay abreast of all things Patriots with other true Patriot fans. I have no Patriot fans where I am deployed to so it sucks having nobody to talk sports with! Unfortunately it seems some folks with empty shallow lives come here only to exert some sort of control or to insult and bully other folks, I guess to make them feel good about there otherwise shallow lives. Keep the threads coming, some folks might not agree with what you got to say, but at least its good honest Patriot talk! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

brdbreu I come here to read, interact, and stay abreast of all things Patriots with other true Patriot fans. I have no Patriot fans where I am deployed to so it sucks having nobody to talk sports with! Unfortunately it seems some folks with empty shallow lives come here only to exert some sort of control or to insult and bully other folks, I guess to make them feel good about there otherwise shallow lives. Keep the threads coming, some folks might not agree with what you got to say, but at least its good honest Patriot talk! 

[/QUOTE]

thanks quag,

i must say i truly appreciate all those who post here to share their enthusiasm about football or especialy the pats, or thougths on just about anything,  when they are not in animosity toward others. adding to any conversation adds to what we all can enjoy 9agreed or not). those that dont i jsut skip to teh next psot or thread. however on the whole, it does make for a much more pleasant environment when the topic football or other conversation, not attacking others (beacuse we fell bad about ourselves or our lives). 

thanks for sharing your thoughts here and across the bdc board.

props.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thanks quag,

i must say i truly appreciate all those who post here to share their enthusiasm about football or especialy the pats, or thougths on just about anything,  when they are not in animosity toward others. adding to any conversation adds to what we all can enjoy 9agreed or not). those that dont i jsut skip to teh next psot or thread. however on the whole, it does make for a much more pleasant environment when the topic football or other conversation, not attacking others (beacuse we fell bad about ourselves or our lives). 

thanks for sharing your thoughts here and across the bdc board.

props.

[/QUOTE]

oh and to those who really have a hard time with my typing and esp my typing dyslexia, i sympathize. i do my best. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]

the thing that anyone attacking another here for talking patritois or football doesnt get is when you attack purportedly to defend the patriots you are behaving poorly to the only TEAM you have. the people who follow the patriots. the players have the other players that suit up as a team. we have  

the groups of fans that we are around the globe. so regardels whether you can apprecaite what each has to say about football, or anything else barring oppression and evil (such as racism), they are YOUR TEAMMATES. they are on your team. not everyone in a locker room likes each other, but they all back up one another. see if we can remember that here about fellow fans. we are all going to disagree and have our affinites with this one, and less so with that one. its the nature of the world. see if we can back our own teammates (the other patriot fan posters) regardless. 

those of you capable of it, we can also look at all other people on the planet this way. we can be for everyone. even the misguided person who is taught from childhood and the society to be racist. we can be for them to unlearn their racism (sexism, homophobia, etc); for them as a human being (to be the better part of themself.

see you sunday.

[/QUOTE]

Good  post.  All  this  sarcasm, insulting  and  personal  attacks  obviously  diminishes  the  quality  of  discussions  and  promotes  ill  will.  Many  PATS  fans  have  very  strong  opinions.  And  clearly  there  is  at  times  a  significant  difference  in  game  knowledge  between  fans.  I  know  at  times  I've  lost  patience  with  select  posts  and  have  resorted  to  sarcasm.  I  believe  demonstrating  respect  is  a  prerequisite  to  a  civil, productive  board.  And  I  also  understand  that  select  individuals  may  have  personality  issues  as  they  have  a  need  to  displace  anger.  However, for  the  majority  of  posters,  who  have  a  modicum  of  control  over  their  responses, I  suggest  you  take  a  look  at  how  mbeaulieu07  conducts  himself  on  this  board.  MB  seems  to  command  universal  repect  on  this  board  and  for  good  reason.  He  obviously  does  lots  of  reseach, has  extensive  football  knowledge  and  as  far  as  I"ve  seen   doesn't  resort  to  belittling  someone  with  clearly  less  knowledge.  And  he  responds  in  a  civil, informative  way  even  when  a  poster  disagrees  with  him.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

see you sunday.

[/QUOTE]

Use a capitol P when spelling Patriots--------you stupid, &*&%$%#, idiot! You are so #$^%$# dumb! You peice of *&*##$%%  &%^%$##!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Correct. The childish, and selfish idiocy of some lends to the frustration and dispair of the rest. I read the forum all the time, but post infrequently, mostly because of the constant pi$$ing matches between a few posters. It's a real shame that so many (former) regulars to this forum have dropped off, forever leaving their knowledge and fandom to rest on other sites! i'll always be a Patriots fan, and continue toread and post,  butit would sure be nice to enjoy it more. No one person is better than anyone else, so remember the person on the other keyboard when you start cutting them down! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KMc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Haha were you drunk or high when you posted that man? Or my favorite, both. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 Agreed.  The problem is that good natured disagreement is all part of the fun of sports talk, but some people cross over way over the line into personal insults, board stalking of other posters,  attempted "board control" and on-line bullying.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Every once in a while one of these threads get started and everyone agrees but it doesn't do much.  The fights do calm down after a while and pick up again. 

The thing that has gotten worse here is that fights will continue across different threads.  It's hard to find a thread where the fight isn't carrying on.  That is why traffic on this board has dropped.  I don't post here near as much as I use to because of it.  The only thread that seems some what safe is the draft thread start by beau. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

see you sunday.

[/QUOTE]

Good  post.  All  this  sarcasm, insulting  and  personal  attacks  obviously  diminishes  the  quality  of  discussions  and  promotes  ill  will.  Many  PATS  fans  have  very  strong  opinions.  And  clearly  there  is  at  times  a  significant  difference  in  game  knowledge  between  fans.  I  know  at  times  I've  lost  patience  with  select  posts  and  have  resorted  to  sarcasm.  I  believe  demonstrating  respect  is  a  prerequisite  to  a  civil, productive  board.  And  I  also  understand  that  select  individuals  may  have  personality  issues  as  they  have  a  need  to  displace  anger.  However, for  the  majority  of  posters,  who  have  a  modicum  of  control  over  their  responses, I  suggest  you  take  a  look  at  how  mbeaulieu07  conducts  himself  on  this  board.  MB  seems  to  command  universal  repect  on  this  board  and  for  good  reason.  He  obviously  does  lots  of  reseach, has  extensive  football  knowledge  and  as  far  as  I"ve  seen   doesn't  resort  to  belittling  someone  with  clearly  less  knowledge.  And  he  responds  in  a  civil, informative  way  even  when  a  poster  disagrees  with  him.    

[/QUOTE]

hard to disagree with any of that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks for all the great contributions above.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Love your enemies.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love your enemies.

[/QUOTE]

even Queenie???

[/QUOTE]

it takes a big person to forgive.

forgiving (and being loving) does not mean accepting unnacceptable behvior.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I dont think Ive ever blasted a Patriots fan, but I sure as heck have these NY trolls that crawl out onto here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

your hatred of rusty is just unhealthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Haha were you drunk or high when you posted that man? Or my favorite, both. :)

[/QUOTE]

Amen. Saturday night and here comes the "cant we all just get along" sermon. Someone new every week. One in the right hand-One in the left. Enjoy my friend. Enjoy>

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

your hatred of rusty is just unhealthy.

[/QUOTE]

Dont take it so seriously! for me it's all fun...i mean yeah queenie is a d**k and detestable in many ways but it's not hate for God's sake...more like too enjoyable to stop :  )

but even with him i have had normal football discussion-very few but still... 

[/QUOTE]

Haha, speak of the devil.....:-)