To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

Re: To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.

Maroney is in his fourth year... if he has a half dozen 100+ yard games out of the 52 regular season games there have been since he was drafted, I'd be shocked.

He is a liability to this offense... for every 10 yard run he has, he has four no-gainers... unfortunately those no-gainers usually cause drives to stall, most times you are better off with a grinder that can get you 3 yards almost every time he touches the ball... Maroney is never going to be that guy for this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I'm not sold on BJGE. He doesn't have the elusive power moves Morris does and he isn't as athletic as Maroney. Everyone can hate Maroney but it doesn't change the fact that he's the most talented back the Pats have right now. Maroney likes running draw plays where he can run off a blocker and make a quick cut; he doesn't like just hitting holes and making a seam for himself. Maroney is a strong runner who has the ability to have a 100 yeard game. His 2.9 ypa stinks. Taylor was 4.5 ypa and Faulk is 3.9 and Morris is 3.2. I still think BB isn't giving up on Maroney for the same reason Francona wouldn't give up on Ortiz; sooner or later they're bound to come around. Maroney is not going to end up a healthy scratch like Galloway either. Other than Taylor no one was running well. What exactly is the love affair with BJGE about anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I am a Law Firm fan have last year and this. The best 2 points on why he hasn't played have been 1 Mrris,Taylor& Faulk have over 20 seasons combined looking at defenses and blitz packages so they probably pick blitzes and block better. 2 BB, realising that at the begining of the season had 3 of 5 33+ yr RBs in the NFL so the chance of one of them going down was pretty high so he has been saving him for a big workload and wanted him to have something left in the tank at the end of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.:
    [QUOTE]...What exactly is the love affair with BJGE about anyway?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, I'd say it's his running style.  He runs downhill and over people.  He doesn't try to get fancy, he doesn't dance, he just plows ahead and gets yardage the hard way.  I think fans tend to like any RB that does that.  It's really the most "in your face" running style there is.

Maroney is a lot like Reggie Bush.  Maroney can be a weapon for us, but not if he is used as a physical "in your face" runner.  Kind of odd.  The latter part of 2007 he actually strung together a few games where he did go downhill and run over people.  Maybe like Watson, he's waiting for his contract year to emerge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I would not be shocked if he was waiting out his contract. The feeling i get about Maroney is as soon as we cut him he will break out with another team. I dont think its him thats the problem i think its the Pats. I dont think our O line run blocks very well and i dont think our running scheme works well. Its the same thing with the TE, I dont think Ben Watson has been teh issue i think that on any other team he is lighting it up and the same goes for Maroney. So I kind of dont want to cut these guys cause i know in my gut that they will be good players for another team.

Any idea why my thread is right at the top of the forum and highlighted in red?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfanofthenorthredeux. Show Patsfanofthenorthredeux's posts

[QUOTE]I am in agreement about Maroney, however, I will say, the play calling when he is in there doesn't suit his game. He would be better served having similar plays to Faulk....the draw plays, some swing passes and screens...get him in space. Its like Belichick is trying to make him Marion Barber and he isn't that guy....ramming into the hole and moving it. I would love to see them give some of those opportunities and if he stinks up the field...move on.
    Posted by mcboyd22[/QUOTE]

McB,

Interesting point about play calling for Maroney.
    They have been lining up Morris wide with results, and even the M-haters out there have to admit that given a step or some space Maroney can open things up.

Maybe BB is trying to force Maroney to start hitting holes . . . the little ones. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I would not be shocked if he was waiting out his contract. The feeling i get about Maroney is as soon as we cut him he will break out with another team. I dont think its him thats the problem i think its the Pats. I dont think our O line run blocks very well and i dont think our running scheme works well. Its the same thing with the TE, I dont think Ben Watson has been teh issue i think that on any other team he is lighting it up and the same goes for Maroney. So I kind of dont want to cut these guys cause i know in my gut that they will be good players for another team. Any idea why my thread is right at the top of the forum and highlighted in red?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

I agree with just about everything.

1. Maroney likely would do well somewhere else.  You just can't try to use him as a downhill runner, at least not on this team.  That's kind of what the Saints figured out with Reggie Bush.  He isn't an every down runner who will run downhill and over people.  He is however, valuable when used in the right role.

2. I remember reading a transcript of an interview with Maroney a long time ago.  He made a comment about protecting his body to play a long time.  I don't remember his exact words, but I remember that he stated it in an odd manner.  Some players leave everything they got on the field, and some do not.  I think Maroney is indeed trying to "just get by".  In his mind, he'd rather play for 10 years as an average back than 3 years as a great back but have to leave the NFL because of injuries.  Ironically, he's trying to protect his body and getting injured at the same time...  I will not be the least surprised if he turns it on in his contract year.

3. Who knows why your thread is on the top in red.  The moderators have gone wild lately.  They no doubt hired some new overachiever who thinks just a little too much.  I'm sure everything will be back to normal in a month.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

This IS is contract year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

If you put Maroney on the Vikings and he is a solid #1 RB I have no doubt about it. But on the Pats he just can not get it done. This is his contract year so he should by all means be lighting it up. My feeling is he probally know his days are done in NE and therefore will not get hurt trying to impress a fanbase that gave up on him two years ago because he knows if he is healthy he can prove himself on anther football team. If thats the case then he is a puss for not wanting to shut people up and run hard now but this is all just speculation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]This IS is contract year
    Posted by Espnetboy3[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is correct.  I Googled this and found an old article from Reiss that shows Maroney becoming a free agent after the 2010 season.  If that's correct (probably is), next year will be his contract year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softserve. Show softserve's posts

[QUOTE]If you put Maroney on the Vikings and he is a solid #1 RB I have no doubt about it. But on the Pats he just can not get it done. This is his contract year so he should by all means be lighting it up. My feeling is he probally know his days are done in NE and therefore will not get hurt trying to impress a fanbase that gave up on him two years ago because he knows if he is healthy he can prove himself on anther football team. If thats the case then he is a puss for not wanting to shut people up and run hard now but this is all just speculation.

I don't think so. Adrian Peterson (the best back in the NFL) was shut down by the Packers so where does that leave Maroney.

AP vs green bay 25 att. for 55 yards and 1 fumble

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I thought this was his last year under contract but i could be wrong. I know his cap number was crazy low this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I am predicting Maroney is gonna break out within the next 4 games... I think what he needs is more and more carries to get it going.. Give him 20+ carries over the next 4 games and i'll guarantee he gets in the groove of it and grabs a couple of 100 yard games...
    This is his chance, he must know it... If he cant do it now with taylor out, then he doesnt belong in the NFL..
    It is frustrating watching him, most def. but for some reason i still am willing to give him the benefit for now..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

guarantee is climbing out on a limb my friend. I agree that MAYBE if they let him carry it 20 times a game that MAYBE he could get into a groove and start making stuff happen. But guarantee i will not do. He has shown over and over again that he can let us all down so no one should be gauranteeing anything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I hope he is, but I still say GIVE IT TO SAMMY AND KEVIN!  Apparently, they did not lose their Patriots issue compass, and know which way North and South are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

If Maroney gets 20+ touches I have a strong feeling that game will end up with a loss...  He just drives me crazy that he won't simply lower his shoulder into a pile and get 1-3 yards.  If he goes for a hole and it's not there, he stands up and waits for someone to bring him down. I can't stand how many times I have seen him run into the O-line, and simply stay there stuck behind them! He has a couple of good runs every game, but it's not enough for the terrible lack of effort when he doesn't find a wide open hole...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

BJGE will deliver. He's played well every time he has been given a chance so why would this time be any different?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]BJGE will deliver. He's played well every time he has been given a chance so why would this time be any different?
    Posted by rabbrandy[/QUOTE] ive seen him play well against a couple of lousy teams,but he may still have a shot to prove himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We will see boys, if he does well then he is what you say he is but if he doesnt do well then he is no better then Maroney.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't believe Law Firms running is the issue why he hasn't recieved any carries. He hits the hole hard and sometimes creates his own holes but always falling forward.

The issue I see with him is that he had issues picking up blocks on blitzes, both last year and during preseason (something he'll learn but for Brady's sake shouldn't have to learn on gameday). Maroney is a dancing prancer when it comes to running up the gut and has little to no vision this year in kick offs but he picks up the blitzes better then any other rb we have. This might be why he's still on the field. If you switch out BJGE and Maroney all the time teams will pick up on when they are passing vs running, so in a way it might be a choice between adding that extra protection for Brady or having a better run attack.

We'll see how BB plays this one, esp since Den seems to blitz a lot, but don't be shocked if BJGE doesn't get very many carries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Not to go off topic but you guys MUST read what this guy wrote about the Pats this week. Check out the part where he gets it wrong and says the Ravens beat them last week!!!!

http://bikyamasr.com/?p=4664&cpage=1#comment-1083

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

ur right, guarantee is a bit strong... i'll just say i have a good feeling... without experience, he tends to think too much... once he gets alot of feeds, he starts just running like hes supposed to... i think thats what he needs... 10-20 touches, including a few screens and passes... i think he'll be productive...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.:
    [QUOTE]Fred Taylor is out for a few weeks if not more so I am assuming that Benjarvis Green Eliss will get his chance. For weeks people have been saying this kid needed to be activated and now he most likely will be so either you were right and he will come in and run better then Maroeny and get himself a starting job or you were wrong and he is a JAG player at best and not the answer you all thought he was. Thoughts?

I Like Ben Jarvis but I'm not sure he will get all that much playing time. I'd be surprised if he got more than 5 or 6 carries. Even if he looks good I think they will just give more carries to Morris, Maroney and Faulk. That just seems to be the Pats M.O. over the years. If B.B. thought he was that good he would already be giving him the snaps

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I agree if he was really as good as some think he would be playing on game day already. The best man plays on this football team so he clearly has not been the best choice. Morris and Faulk and even Maroney are a pretty good corps so we are still ok.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I just rewatched the highlights from last year's Buffalo game. And again I wonder why he hasn't had a shot before this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80c57f2c/WK-10-BenJarvus-Green-Ellis-highlights

Sections
Shortcuts