To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

The object of this thread is to garner familiarity among us, the people who keep this site running. Football is nearly over and as anyone who's ever been on this site during the post-SB months knows it's going to get dead real soon. 

So, for the fun of it, let's have a quick get to know you session. 

You'll post how long you've been a Pats fan, or hater, how you found out about this site, what your name means and what does you avatar mean. Then, you'll say something about the poster above you. I'll start. 

I've been a Pats fan for 8 years, I found out about this site by watching Around the Horn. I was impressed by Jackie McMullien's understanding of the sports and wanted to follow up on her. My name is a combination of my two favorite football teams (49ers and The Pats) and my avatar is a picture of Jerod Mayo. The text reads 'Kneel before Jerod' as an homage to Terrence Stamp's portrayal of General Zod in Superman 2 (1980).  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

been a fan since 72, lafnboy was what my S.F.(7th S.F.Grp, abn U.S. Army) team called me. i'm all boston straight up...my team is the bruins though, watched Orr and co. win the cup in 70, 72. support the 5 pro teams in beantown!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thetruthman1. Show Thetruthman1's posts

Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

I've been a Pats fan since they came into the AFL.
    I stumbled onto this forum by doing a search on the Pats and was astonished to find a group of Self Righteous, rude and insulting idiots this size in one place.
    Out of every 10 people who post here probably 3 are normal people.The rest are here to insult, pad their egos or try and tell everyone how smart they are because they have a College degree in something from somewhere.
    This will be my first and last post because I don't want to lower myself to the level of the people that post on this web site for more than 5 minutes.
    I had always wondered why people would go to a web forum and after viewing some threads on BDC I found out why. A whole well full of miserable people that enjoy nothing more than trying to make everyone else who reads or posts here as miserable as them.
    Most common words used in this forum. Stupid, Idiot,Dummy, retarded, Moron, Tool, Troll.
    I'd like to see all the Tough guys in this forum in one room together to slug it out.You wouldn't hear a word out of any of them.
    To the 30% of the people that post here and aren't in the above described I apologize.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Die hard Sox, Pats, Celts, and Bruins fan since late 60's (born in 1962).  Loved Yaz, Tony C, and George "Boomer" Scott.  Loved the Cowan, Havlichek, and Jo-Jo Celts, and the Espo, Orr Bruins.  In the Navy from 1980-2008, and in the early years (before ESPN and 24-hour sports networks), it was tough following the Sox.  So I started watching the Braves on TBS as they'd flash the baseball scores throughout the game.  In those years, the Braves stunk, got petty good with Dale Murphy, stunk for a couple of more years, then got really good - so a soft spot in my heart for the Braves (but the Sox come first!).  Chose the "g82bme" when re-signing up to this site after I retired from the Navy - did so on a Friday evening and had a few brewhaz in me, and was just trying to be silly - LOL :).  The past decade has been a boon for Boston sports fans (obviously) - but in 2004 after the Yankee ALCS, you wouldn't believe how many of my old shipmates looked me up to congratulate/send good wishes to me for the Sox finally winning it all.  2004 - best sports year of my life.  GO PATS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Been a life long fan, entire family is from New England- Mass/RI.
    Most are still there. So is wife's fam. Funny meeting a Boston native in high school in Chicago. Knew it had to be!!! Found this site after reading articles on Pats NFL Home Page. Love the Pats love the haters even more. Got Sunday Ticket just to watch the Pats. of course now they are practically on National T.V. every week, but I am ok with that. Wish Sunday ticket would create a Team specific package, but..
    ASO are my initials and I have been told at times I can be an AS$(h)Ole, but only to those deserving.. haha..  My cousin made the Avatar for a banner he brought to a game a few years back, sent me a photo of it. Caption was "Mercy is for the weak" when people were bitchin' about us running up the score. I took it.
    This year has been nothing but epic.. No way in He!! I thought they would make this far...   lets keep it going.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Been a pats fan since I was a kid in middle school, so I would say since the late 70's.  I remember the bad times so I can really appreciate what the Pats have been able to accomplish....

When I found this site, it was pretty entertaining, some more than others, some more annoying than others, but its all in good fun...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

I have been a Patriots Fan since 1967. I have been through everything from that time on. I apprciate everything we have now...and I remember the many GREAT players we have always had..from Babe & Gino to Brady & Welker. I remember being snake-bit for almost 30 years...when we had the talent, but not the "it" that it takes to win it all. I remember how proud I was in the middle of the 86' Super Bowl Debachle when Steve Grogan came off the bench and led our battered team to a touchdown. I was one of the original "regulars" on this site when it first opened. There were some great posters, who like me, mostly read it now and rarely post. ONE of the proudest moments of my life was when we took down our FIRST Lombardi. I look forward to having a real shot at getting a FOURTH one this season....if we do not...I am still Patriot Proud!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

PATS fan since the early 90's after moving here, I was a NY Giants fan before that. You should be a fan of the team where you live.  I think my first season was a 1 - 15 year.  What a way to start.  With the advent of the now hated Bill Parcells, things got steadily better and now we are probably having our best PATS season ever, one that is for the ages, especially if we win it all this year. No expert saw this coming except for some fans here on this board. Think about it, a Super Bowl win in a rebuilding year, when all the cognescetti said it would never happen, now that would be the sweetest victory of all. 

My Avatar is a picture of Vlad Tepes, AKA Vlad the impaler, the model for Dracula.  An interesting historical character who once impaled thousands of Turkish prisoners so that the Turks who were pursing him would have to pass through what amounted to a Forrest of dead bodies. 

My screen name is also another violent character from history, Jean Jacques Dessalines of Haiti, a self made General under Tousaint L'Overture, a tremendous fighter.  Later declared himself King of Haiti  A person to be feared rather than loved.  Was eventually assassinated by his own.  I am very, very deep into history.  Sorry that neither the Avatar or screen name have nothing to do with football. Oh well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Pats Fan since 1st game, against Denver, in 1960.  Celts Fan since 1949.  Sox Fan since I went to a game in 1946.

Just shows that I am OLD !!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Went to my 1st Pats game in Fenway in the 60s as well as my 1st Sox game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

been a diehard boston fan my entire life, all teams. as far as the pats, my earliest memories were in the 80's in my yard with a nerf football pretending to be steve grogan, craig james and irving fryar. i been posting on this site off and on for at least 6 or 7 years...used to have a different alias with many more posts, but didnt post for almost a year in one stretch and forgot all my old login info and had to create a new account.

my name and avatar are my own personal tribute to david hasselhoff's drunken late nite cheesburger binge...it started several years ago as the name "hasselhoff and hamburgers" for my fantasy football team, and just kinda stuck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I live in VA after growing up in Wakefield Mass. Been a die hard Boston sports fan my entire life.......Celtics of the 80's........Sox always hoping they would win and then we get 2 WS........Pats through all the bad years and now this past decade....WOW! Bruins....not much of a Hockey fan anymore.

I visit this site daily and only post once in awhile. My IPAD will not allow me to post. It's an Apple / Flash issue.....anyone got a clue if I can get around this?

Keep posting as it's a better read than the Globe writters produce.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Been a fan since 89' when I was 8 and haven't regretted it since though the early 90's were a bit rough. It might be rare but I'd rather see a well run all around team with a solid D. Not a big fan of the overly flashy O I preffer the O's of this season and 01-05. They might not be flashy but for me they are sure fun to watch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

Was a NYG fan 'til the Patriots came along. Found "on the front burner" simply by reading Globe/Sports/Patriots. I'm left handed/YOB. (not to last entry, just a LOT of you)  Spell after me:

The Patriots have a better record THAN the Jets.
    The Patriots are having one of THEIR best years ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Well I was born in Germany as an army brat, moved to CT (where my father's family hails from) when i was 1 1/2 and grew up there. Started following the Pats in 1992. After 5 years in the Marines  I moved back home to CT for a little while then moved here to PA and have been following from afar since.
        While I will always be a Pats fan i'm trying my best to see that my daughter becomes an Iggles fan though they make it very hard sometimes. This is her home and will always be no matter where she ends up in this world (just as CT is to me)so i see it fitting that she supports the home team wherever her travels take her. If she wants to change the team she supports that will be her decision to make, not mine.
        As far as my screen name goes it is pretty much self-explanatory and I just liked the avatar, no meaning behind it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Patriot fan since when we got NFL coverage over here which was circa 1996. Interest in Pats was helped by family members I have living in Boston.

I read a lot of Patriot material online, including the Globe and I have been reading and following this forum for a long time before actually posting myself.
    Now I find it is an enjoyable way to interact with other Patriot fans from afar and this makes the experience more fulfilling IMO.

My avatar changes according to my mood but I really like the current one.

My signature sums up BB's leadership qualities and abilities and is my tribute to him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Grew up in Waltham, went to school in Cambridge, Pats fan since 1967. Software/logistics nerd who worked for the Army, retired in '08, now provide cyber security for the financial sector. Live in NYC , hence the handle. Have been on the site since 2005; was in Saudi Arabia at the time and needed a way to keep up to speed on all things Pats. Was originally just New_York_Pats_Fan...with changes at BDC, I've had to go through the iterations to get to 4.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

with changes at BDC, I've had to go through the iterations to get to 4

I've been coming here since January of 04, but I've been lucky to only be up to "2"! I was raised in CT and MA in the 60s and 70s, so I've been a fan since I started following the NFL. There were some pretty bad teams back then! I've lived all over the country, but went back to NE in 95, and got to witness the first SB win in 02. Now I live in SC (a thousand miles away from the ex-wife), so I make sure to get Sunday Ticket to see every game! I found this place from BDC itself when I moved down here in 04. Though the trolls sometimes infest the place, it's still a good place to "talk" to fellow fans. Though I'll admit to enjoying torturing some of the trolls at times. I remember at one time counting fans from 39 states and 8 other countries posting here regularly. Here's to a great new year for all Patriots fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.:
    [QUOTE]with changes at BDC, I've had to go through the iterations to get to 4 I've been coming here since January of 04, but I've been lucky to only be up to "2"! I was raised in CT and MA in the 60s and 70s, so I've been a fan since I started following the NFL. There were some pretty bad teams back then! I've lived all over the country, but went back to NE in 95, and got to witness the first SB win in 02. Now I live in SC (a thousand miles away from the ex-wife), so I make sure to get Sunday Ticket to see every game! I found this place from BDC itself when I moved down here in 04. Though the trolls sometimes infest the place, it's still a good place to "talk" to fellow fans. Though I'll admit to enjoying torturing some of the trolls at times. I remember at one time counting fans from 39 states and 8 other countries posting here regularly. Here's to a great new year for all Patriots fans.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

BUB.... Thanks for answering my earlier playoffs?. Where are you in S.C.? They are all patriots in S.C.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

I've been a Pats fan since around 1985.  I grew up in Natick, went to school in Boston and then moved to LA in 1988.  Even though I've lived in LA for over 22 years, I am still a huge fan of the Boston/ NE teams.

I've been reading this site since around 2004 and have been a member since 2006, but I don't post all that much.

Happy New Year everyone!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Well, I really don't know when I went over the edge being a spotrs fan, but having grown up in Mass. (Melrose) I just knew it was die hard all Bos/NE teams! I thing its genetics! Dad took me to alot of Sox ,B's & C's games when he could never saw the Pats growing up. Moved half way across the country at 19 (Columbus Oh.) for about a year and a half then on to St Luois (Currently) Looks like my career will be here One of my co-workers told me he could never call me fair weather fan because I stuck to the home town taems no matter what (he's cubs fan!) Took my dad to his and my first Pats game here in STL , the game was right after Willie M's mother passed Rams won 4 games that year all against AFC east teams! Them greatest show on turf years started then....Avatar is something my daughter found for me, I work at Boeing building F-15 Eagles! I still get sh!t from everyone here, but who cares!!! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KMc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

As much as I love Boston sports now, I was a huge Jordan and Berry Sanders fan.  I didn't like the C's as much back then and I held out hope for the Pats, but I wanted to be like Berry in football and Mike in basketball.  I remember when buying a pack of football cards I got a Drew Bledsoe Rookie card and freaked out because all the hype around him and of course he was our guy.  Then when I moved I became obsessed with Boston sports as it was all I pretty much had after making the move outa Mass.  

I can pretty much relate to Killa, but I actually have foggy memories of Scott Zolak as our QB and possible bits of Grogan.     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.:
    [QUOTE]You must love it when the C's play the Lakers out in LA huh? lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I love it when the C's win. It's awful when they lose. 

Last year, I was the only one in a crowded bar rooting for the C's during game seven of the finals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]You must love it when the C's play the Lakers out in LA huh? lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

It's weird that they hate us like we hate the Yankee fans.  I tell them we don't even think of Lakers unless we play them in the playoffs.  They are just an after thought.

All you Boston sport fans would be proud the way I debate our Boston sport teams.  I go one on 5-10-20 and still amke a case even though they never agree with me.  I hold it down with pride.  

I went to a Clippers game against the C's (which we lost), and while waiting inline at the bathroom (well now inside) I made a comment that we are deeper and better than the Lakers (while wearing a C's shirt of course)... I didn't think I was getting out alive.  That was a great experience.  I would be lieing if I didn't say I had about 4 16oz Hefs that gave me a little more motivation, but I did it nonetheless. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : I love it when the C's win. It's awful when they lose.  Last year, I was the only one in a crowded bar rooting for the C's during game seven of the finals.
    Posted by stank[/QUOTE]

What part of LA?