To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

I grew up in NH but my family wasn't into football.  Celtics, Red Sox, and Bruins all the way though.  1984/85 changed things.  Patriot fever swept through the area and everyone was following them.  That's when I got interested in football.  Geez, I guess I started off as a bandwagon fan Embarassed  I haven't looked back since.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.:
    [QUOTE]Was a NYG fan 'til the Patriots came along. Found "on the front burner" simply by reading Globe/Sports/Patriots. I'm left handed/YOB. (not to last entry, just a LOT of you)  Spell after me: The Patriots have a better record THAN the Jets. The Patriots are having one of THEIR best years ever.
    Posted by Lefty49[/QUOTE]

O.K. THIS guy has it going on.  That than/their thing makes me nuts, but I usually get hit with "spelling Nazi"  although someone did call me a speling Natsi.  
    Been a Pats fan since Bob Kraft bought the team.  Not a fan of the Sullivans. Grew up in N.H., live in PA for the last 10 years.  Spent 8 years in the army.
    My name is from my AOL screen name in 92.  Had some form of it ever since.  Its my first name, first initial, and one.  Just was hard to get what you want for a name from AOL, and that combination worked.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.:
    [QUOTE]I grew up in NH but my family wasn't into football.  Celtics, Red Sox, and Bruins all the way though.  1984/85 changed things.  Patriot fever swept through the area and everyone was following them.  That's when I got interested in football.  Geez, I guess I started off as a bandwagon fan    I haven't looked back since.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Well that doesn't make you bandwagon if you were there for them since..... supporting them and then becoming a Cowboys, or niners fan would make you bandwagon. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^^^ Ridiculous isn't it.  Everyone now loves this man we all once hated.  His off-field stuff has nothing to do with this but seriously WTFook.  I could careless about MVP, but I don't even see how you could compare.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : What part of LA?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I live in Hollywood.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I never hated Vick.  I just thought he wasn't as good as everyone said he was.  And sure enough, when the pats played him, he wasn't.  How about that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : I live in Hollywood.
    Posted by stank[/QUOTE]

You find any East Coast type of bars???  I'm just down the 101.
    For sports that is...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : You find any East Coast type of bars???  I'm just down the 101. For sports that is...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I lived for a short time in Pasadena and there was a bar in Santa Monica called Sonny McLean I use to go to. Great NE sports type of bar. If I remember right it was on Wilshire just hop on 405 from 101 to rt 2. It's a couple blocks down from rt 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Good looks man.  I'm going to check that out for sure.  Santa Monica is such a nice place, wish I could live their.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, I forgot the avatar.  It's my ex bike, an 82 Suzuki GS550L.  It was black when I got it, I sanded the tank and hand masked the Elvis (after drawing it from my computer screen) and did the whole thing, including the Polo White tank, with spray paint from Wal*Mart.  You can see I'm no body man, my fill job on the badge area was really bad.  Had to repaint it Eagle green when I sold it.  Wish now I had just kept it.  Currently have an 82 Gold Wing stripped down, maybe I'll do it again on that one.  It's a fake tank, so not too hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I have been a Pats fan since '67 when I moved to the Boston area.  I was loyal through all those Patsies years, so this decade has been payback.  I was at the game when Grogan first came in and lit a fire under the Pats. 

I moved to the Ft. Laudersale area in 2003 because of the depression in Massachusetts and took a job at 1/3 what I used to earn.  In 2006 I moved to The Villages (north of Orlando and south of Ocala).  I have been to two games of Pats-Miami in Miami and one against Jacksonville in Jacksonville.

I watch EVERY game and if it is not on local TV, I watch it over a slingbox in my son's house in Billerica or over atdhe.net.  (Had to do that this past week because the slingbox was down and my son was here visiting us).

I am 69, married, have have three grown kids.  My name is Sheldon, but friends call me Shelly.  My wife and I golf about three times a week.  (This place is literally paradise on earth).  I also own my own software development company and put in about 30 hours a week from home.  (Long commute to my office Cool ).

On this board I try not to be a homer.  That is why I respect people like Texas Pat who "calls 'em as he sees 'em).  But, I do love the Pats.  I have a 12 inch Patriots helmet decal on the fronnt of my red golf cart and have a Patriots cardboard licence plate on the back.  I have a Patriots rim around the license plate of my car.  My office is a collection of golf, Patriots, and Sox pictures on the wall.

This year in July I attened training camp with my two sons and went to the museum in Patriots Place.  Great!

So that is who I am, where I live, and a bit of my history.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Born and bread in Mass, south of Boston.  Remember (vaguely) the 86 super bowl, but a die hard fan since the early 90's.  Around 90, though, I started coaching Pop Warner Football, so was only able to catch games in the 2nd half of the season. Spent a couple years coaching DB's and RB's in High School and DO NOT ENVY the time BB and his staff must spend watching tape.  I've been coming to this board... krist, for years but only recently started posting. And, coincidentally, it's the only time someone's ever actually questioned whether I was a Pat's fan or not.  My house is decked out with pats pics and I'm usually dressed in some sort of Pat's gear.  As much time as I spend here, I actually prefer to go to the site's of who we're about to or who we just played. This season has been incredible!  I didn't expect more than 8-9 wins (outside shot at 10), so this season has been absolute serendipity:  I'm just not into the blind homerism that seems to be required to post here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Started mainly as a baseball fan back in 1967, that was my dads favorite sport. Was in 2nd grade and I convinced the teacher to bring a TV into the classroom so we could watch the World Series games. Caught Bruins fever in the early 70's with Orr and Espo etc, and also started watching the Celtics. Cowboys were my football team back then, I was born in Texas (father was in the Air Force and stationed there, we moved to Mass in 1965). I remember starting to watch the Pats as early as 72. I went to the Squish the Fish game in Miami '86, and was at the playoff loss in Denver '06. A few friends and I now go to one away game every year. Have gone to New York in 06 (Sox-Yankees on Saturday, Pats-Jets on Sunday), Miami in 07 (Brady 6 TD passes), Indy in 08 (should have won), New Orleans last year (we had a hell of a weekend, went to LSU-Arkansas on Saturday, spent Sunday bar hopping in NO and then had to watch the Pats get crushed on Monday night) and went back to Miami this year. Already planning for either Denver, Kansas City, or DC next season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Born and raised in Nashua NH now living in the Annapolis MD area.  Followed all the Boston sports teams religiously since I first became conscious of pro sports. First pro football memories seeing the NY Giants on CBS when we had only 5 or 6 TV channels to choose from.  I think back then, 60's, it was channel 5 out of Boston.  AFL came around and FINALLY had a local team to root for, but, NY Giants occupied the TV.  Saw one live game in the old Foxboro stadium, a Monday nighter against the then Baltimore Colts in the rain!  Suffered through the Sullivan years and all else, the merger and then the first SB in '86, what a butt kicking, eh?  All the ups n downs until the Kraft years, these have been a godsend, haven't they?  You do get spoiled at the constant run of competitive teams which many NFL cities are lucky to get for a couple years let alone a decade or more.  Found this site in 2006 up and running on my brother-in-law's PC. He is a BIG NE fans for all sports and got hooked since.  Been very lucky to have my handle all these years.  I do have gear from all the NE teams and when I wear my Pats stuff around here, I do get the "Pats are cheaters" statements thrown at me!  I have three adult children who essentially grew up in the Baltimore MD area and my two boys are big Ravens fans.  They gave me lots of grief when we were all together in Hawaii this year for the Ravens-Pats playoff game.  My oldest, a girl, is a bit more of a Pats fan than the boys as she does have pure NE roots having been born on Cape Cod.  As I say to folks around here who see me in Pats gear..  " I'm from NH and just because I live in Maryland I do not change my colors!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

Moved from Somerville to suburb west if boston in 1963. Pats/Sox/Celts fan since then. When I was a kid I could walk to the Riverside line and get to Kenmore for 25 cents. Bleacher tickets cost one dollar. Dad took me to my first Pats and Sox games in 64. First celts game in 66 and the game was a double header - Globe Trotters then NBA. Remember telling my Dad that Globetrotters were much better than Celts - he just smiled. Was crazy for Bruins until I had to decide to either kill Jacobs or stop watching. Had the Bobby Orr and the Yaz records - that means LP/vinyl/pre CD/pre MP3 sound records for you youngsters. Ate Yaz bread with pride.

Been to 300+ Red Sox games, 100+ pats and 50+ on the other 2 teams.

Lived in Boston for ten years after school and moved to Foxboro in 1988.

Pat's history:
    Remember Nance (not Nantz Jbolt) and the Boston Patriots. Froze my @ss off many times on the aluminum benches in Sullivan. Went away on a ski weekend and set up the VCR to record the Bear-Pats (Berry the Bears) superbowl XX in case I couldn't watch it. Well, I got to see it and when I got home I popped the tape out of the VCR and into the microwave and nuked it until it got fire.
    While in Foxboro, used to run into the players - especially rookies. Used to get preseason free tickets at George's barber shop on the 140 rotary in center of town. Saw Grogan at the PTA and his shop in Mansfield. Used to go to Doc and Nellie's to watch blacked out games on their satelite feed. Remember all the bad times/years including when the Pats almost became the St. Louis Stallions before Kraft saved us. Remember Big Bill fondly. His house was on the market in the summer of 96 so that whole bull**** discussion session with Kraft was pre-ordained before the shop for the groceries nonsense.

Feb 2002 SBXXXVI I was screaming in the cold outside my front door along with dozens of others in earshot. That championship was the first in Boston/NE since 80's celtics and I moved from fan to maniac.

2004 Sox was so sweet, so delicious, so improbable like when Ralphie beat up Scot Farcas.

After 18 years in Foxboro and three lombardi's, moved to the north fork of long island. Old timers (like me) around here are all Boston sports fans because the only TV that reached them pre-cable was Hartford. Avatar is from the beautiful winter classic I saw in person.

Living in NY after 18-1 is worse than one could imagine. (Hold on to the freakin ball, Assante!) This season of rebuilding is better than I could have imagined and if we go to glory, I will buy a new pair of Uggs, for my wife of course.

neali is new englander at long island though I did love Cam and Ray and the Bruins until the stupid rule changes put a final stake in my Bruin's heart that Jacobs had mostly killed. Trading thorton? God, the bruin's fans that have stayed loyal have my respect. Hockey is beautiful sport to attend but that is the only way I will follow it now.

Happy new year all and may 2011 be healthy and happy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Was a fair-weather Pats fan in the Grogan days, followed them more closely during the mid-'80s, and became a fully devoted fan in '96, rarely missing a game since then. I will watch most of the NFL games broadcast locally in any given week.  NFL football is the only sport I devote myself to watching full-tilt.

I think I found this forum around 2006 or so. I seem to remember flipping out here about the bad calls in the AFCC game. I was living in Illinois and missing the local sports coverage, so I went searching online for stories.  Though I am from R.I., the Globe had better coverage than the ProJo at the time.

I grew up in Cranston and successfully shed the accent in my 20's. 

As for my name here, my name is "Chris" and I got my nickname of "Woody" from several different people who did not know one another, because they all thought I resembled Woody Harrelson when he was on Cheers.  (I ran into him once when he was on a date on New Year's Eve at the Last Call with a woman I knew as the customer of a bike shop I managed in Providence.  I am pretty sure now that she was Lisa Bonnett, but she used a different name. Whoever she was, she was very friendly.  That Harrelson is taller than you would think.)  I didn't see my resemblance to Harrelson, but being in sales I liked that my customers remembered the name "Woody", so I adopted it. Eventually, a guy with whom I worked in Chicago dubbed me "Chris, AKA Woody", and that stuck.  There are some people that only know me as Woody.

As for my avatar, I think I need to replace it because I've been taking some busting for it. That's me playing my '68 Gibson J-50, and no, I don't sound anything like the guy in Animal House. Far, far from it. Hell, I would smash his guitar, too.

I don't remember reading any posts by NEALI, so I cannot write about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : You find any East Coast type of bars???  I'm just down the 101. For sports that is...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I lived in Camarillo for several months during '06 and found a cool, low-tech place near the highway.  I think everybody knows about it in town.  I am sure you can just ask about the best sports bar in town and the locals will tell you.  That's how I learned of it.  It's a small town.

They have long tables so strangers sit with strangers and end up becoming friends.  People were buying each other bears and pitchers and such.  They welcomed me as a Pats fan. I asked why they would not show the Raiders games and they told me that they all hate Raiders' fans, that those fans call problems, LOL. All the other places I have been to have been fancier with nicer TVs, but that was the best sports bar at which I ever watched games. Good waitresses, lousy food, lots of fun. People from all over, rooting for all kinds of teams...except for the Raiders. Highly recommend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

BUB.... Thanks for answering my earlier playoffs?. Where are you in S.C.? They are all patriots in S.C.

I live in Kershaw county, between Columbia and Florence (half a mile away from the same US 1 that the Razor is on). When I first came down here from the South Shore was right before the conference championships, and I lived in Columbia. After the Panthers shocked the Eagles I expected to be in "enemy territory" as a Patriots fan. But it seems that nobody cared about the Panthers (them having "snubbed" Columbia for playing in Charlotte back in 95). I have met a few fellow Patriots fans down here, but not a lot. There have been quite a few on this board from the area, though. At work I have Dolphins, Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles, Packers, and Giants fans. The only Panthers fan is a guy who came from (of all places) Indiana...but he roots for the Lions as he hates the Colts! I suppose you'd really have to hate a team to choose the Lions instead! Most of the people here are more college fans, it's either Clemson or USC. There were also some Seahawks fans as Bobby Engram was a local HS hero (Camden). That's why this place is so great for me, I miss all the discussions on Monday mornings I used to have at work when I lived back in MA.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Was a fair-weather Pats fan in the Grogan days, followed them more closely during the mid-'80s, and became a fully devoted fan in '96, rarely missing a game since then. I will watch most of the NFL games broadcast locally in any given week.  NFL football is the only sport I devote myself to watching full-tilt. I think I found this forum around 2006 or so. I seem to remember flipping out here about the bad calls in the AFCC game. I was living in Illinois and missing the local sports coverage, so I went searching online for stories.  Though I am from R.I., the Globe had better coverage than the ProJo at the time. I grew up in Cranston and successfully shed the accent in my 20's.  As for my name here, my name is "Chris" and I got my nickname of "Woody" from several different people who did not know one another, because they all thought I resembled Woody Harrelson when he was on Cheers.  (I ran into him once when he was on a date on New Year's Eve at the Last Call with a woman I knew as the customer of a bike shop I managed in Providence.  I am pretty sure now that she was Lisa Bonnett, but she used a different name. Whoever she was, she was very friendly.  That Harrelson is taller than you would think.)  I didn't see my resemblance to Harrelson, but being in sales I liked that my customers remembered the name "Woody", so I adopted it. Eventually, a guy with whom I worked in Chicago dubbed me "Chris, AKA Woody", and that stuck.  There are some people that only know me as Woody. As for my avatar, I think I need to replace it because I've been taking some busting for it. That's me playing my '68 Gibson J-50, and no, I don't sound anything like the guy in Animal House. Far, far from it. Hell, I would smash his guitar, too. I don't remember reading any posts by NEALI, so I cannot write about him.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

That just doesn't look like a Gibson to me, but it must sound incredible being a '68.

I lived in Chicago recently as well.  I can't imagine a better city anywhere in this great country of ours.

Grew up in MA, went to college in NC, now back in NC, and started watching the Pats when I started watching all sports.  This would have been 1982ish.  First memories of any tv viewing.

My favorite live Pats moment was the 1996 AFC Title game. It was an incredible thing to experience because of the atmosphere. I am not even convinced the new stadium has ever gotten that loud since that game.

When the ball dropped into Otis Smith's arms, the place just went into another level of noise and nirvana not seen or heard since the 1980s Celtics or Bruins playoff games at the Garden.

Incredible time, which really in some small way, started all of this under the Kraft regime.

Funny how our resident trolls haven't chimed in yet.   They still reside in mommy's basement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

There's a Boston friendly bar in Santa Monica on Wilshire called Sonny Mclean's.  If you're a Boston sports fan, that place is great -- but usually really packed during a game.  That's kind of a trek from Hollywood so there is always Big Wangs on Cahuenga -- not a Boston bar but it's close.  Too bad Hollywood Billiards closed down.  I loved that place to watch games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : There's a Boston friendly bar in Santa Monica on Wilshire called Sonny Mclean's.  If you're a Boston sports fan, that place is great -- but usually really packed during a game.  That's kind of a trek from Hollywood so there is always Big Wangs on Cahuenga -- not a Boston bar but it's close.  Too bad Hollywood Billiards closed down.  I loved that place to watch games.
    Posted by stank[/QUOTE]

Sorry ... I see that PatsEng had already mentioned Sonny Mclean's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]BUB.... Thanks for answering my earlier playoffs?. Where are you in S.C.? They are all patriots in S.C. I live in Kershaw county, between Columbia and Florence (half a mile away from the same US 1 that the Razor is on). When I first came down here from the South Shore was right before the conference championships, and I lived in Columbia. After the Panthers shocked the Eagles I expected to be in "enemy territory" as a Patriots fan. But it seems that nobody cared about the Panthers (them having "snubbed" Columbia for playing in Charlotte back in 95). I have met a few fellow Patriots fans down here, but not a lot. There have been quite a few on this board from the area, though. At work I have Dolphins, Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles, Packers, and Giants fans. The only Panthers fan is a guy who came from (of all places) Indiana...but he roots for the Lions as he hates the Colts! I suppose you'd really have to hate a team to choose the Lions instead! Most of the people here are more college fans, it's either Clemson or USC. There were also some Seahawks fans as Bobby Engram was a local HS hero (Camden). That's why this place is so great for me, I miss all the discussions on Monday mornings I used to have at work when I lived back in MA.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Bub.....Thanks for your reply. I have ties to S.C.because I am a Citadel grad. Do my turkey hunting in the Saluda/Newberry area which is west of Columbia. Have great friends who are great patriots as are most South Carolinans. Love those boys. If I ever needed to move that is where I'd go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Been a Pats' fan since the early 70s.  My dad was (and still is) a die-hard Giants fan,, having grown up in the greater NYC area.  He refuses to acknowledge that there is another NY team, and so we agree on that.  My family moved to middle-of-nowhere NH when I was 2, so my brothers and I grew up playing ball and watching the Pats on an old black and white Zenith that got about 3 channels.  Games were fuzzy and grainy and black and white, when we got them.

One of my brothers was an All-American athlete, so we were constantly surrounded by sports.  I played a few sports competitively but wasn't anything special.  Football was just part of our lives; my dad played in the 50s, my uncle in the 60s, and I and my brothers played in the 70s and 80s. 

I rock no avatar, but my name is a variation of a HS nickname. Happy New Year to all! 

Sections
Shortcuts