To all the Brady bashers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: To all the Brady bashers

Phat.. I said "thoughout" his career, not a few years....  and naming TWO players is no where close to how many one can name who played with Manning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB17JM16. Show TB17JM16's posts

Brady still struggling on deep throws 
    Brady was 1-of-9 for 23 yards on throws deeper than 20 yards downfield, continuing his season-long struggles. 

Tom Brady on Throws 20 Yds Downfield 
    Last 2 Seasons  20122013 Comp pct 33% 18% Yds per att 11.1 5.8 TD-Int 7-4 0-2 Off-target pct 44% 55% >>1-9, 23 yds, Int vs Saints

Brady has completed 18 percent of his throws at least 20 yards downfield this season with no touchdowns and two interceptions on those passes. Fifty-five percent of his pass attempts at least 20 yards downfield have been off target this season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TB17JM16's comment:

Brady was 1-of-9 for 23 yards on throws deeper than 20 yards downfield, continuing his season-long struggles. 

Last 2 Seasons  20122013 Comp pct 33% 18% Yds per att 11.1 5.8 TD-Int 7-4 0-2 Off-target pct 44% 55% >>1-9, 23 yds, Int vs Saints

Brady has completed 18 percent of his throws at least 20 yards downfield this season with no touchdowns and two interceptions on those passes. Fifty-five percent of his pass attempts at least 20 yards downfield have been off target this season. 

Oh, you mean like this one where Dobson ran in the opposite direction of where he should have?  LOL.  OH MY!

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8554/gu.gif

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Brady's the worst 5-1, weapon less QB ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Oh, you mean like this one where Dobson ran in the opposite direction of where he should have?  LOL.  OH MY!

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8554/gu.gif

actually it was an option route. dobson and brady were supposed to read the safety and decide inside or outside. looks like brady pre-determinded the throw and dobson made the right route.

trust me, i hate dobson. but that one i say is both their faults.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Brady was off on too many throws today, but watching the replay of that scoring pass looked like he really had nowhere to go with that ball...but he completed the pass to Thompkins anyway. Maybe that's why he has been off? There's just too many new guys learning how to play in the NFL at once.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Let's not get all Tebow, he was awful the drive prior

Defense needs more credit.

27 points against, right?

The Saints are an elite offense, 27 points under the circumstances was pretty Fing good .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Let's not get all Tebow, he was awful the drive prior

Defense needs more credit.

27 points against, right?

The Saints are an elite offense, 27 points under the circumstances was pretty Fing good .

27 was their average score across the five previous games. I am pretty sure they will average above that at the end of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

One throw doesn't make Brady's season long miscues disappear but it sure helps. Had he connected with Amendola last week vs the Bengals and today with a chance to go up 14 then maybe I'd say he's back on track............lil more consistency from ole # 12 and we'll be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

One throw doesn't make Brady's season long miscues disappear but it sure helps. Had he connected with Amendola last week vs the Bengals and today with a chance to go up 14 then maybe I'd say he's back on track............lil more consistency from ole # 12 and we'll be fine.

That throw was a 14 point swing. He hits DA in stride it's a TD. Instead they punt and the Saints score 7. That being said I don't want any other QB in the league behind center for the Pat's. I feel very fortunate to have seen almost every one of TB home games in person. It is a real pleasure to watch him carve up defenses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I thought Brady was off on too many throws today, but watching the replay of that scoring pass looked like he really had nowhere to go with that ball...but he completed the pass to Thompkins anyway. Maybe that's why he has been off? There's just too many new guys learning how to play in the NFL at once.

You just now noticed this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

That throw was a 14 point swing. He hits DA in stride it's a TD. Instead they punt and the Saints score 7. That being said I don't want any other QB in the league behind center for the Pat's. I feel very fortunate to have seen almost every one of TB home games in person. It is a real pleasure to watch him carve up defenses.

I love TB. Without him we'd still be the Patsies!!! That being said, he nor anyone else is not immune from criticism altho some on this board take anything negative said toward TB as outright blasphemy or the work of trolls..............

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

He also way overthrew Amendola on a long third down when he was wide open behind the defense, McDaniels could have more than calling three straight runs on the Saints ten yard line which was horrible, as was the punt lateral play, etc... There was enough blame to go round, but when they needed it the team pulled together and made it happen, Rookie receivers made some key plays on that final drive, Dobson getting out of bounds and Thompkins sensational game winning catch.  A true team win.

Agreed, so good to see all the rookies playing in tough games.  Such good experience.  Btw, dont you realize we are wasting Brady's career? Laughing

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There is always a tendency to attribute a win like yesterday's to one great play.  Brady's pass to Thompkins was a thing of beauty and was, from every angle I've seen, a perfecty thrown ball with the game on the line.  For that, in my opinion, he gets credit and high praise.  That said, the offense would not have been in a position to mount a game winning drive had the defense not forced two consecutive 3 and outs on the Saints.  

In much the same way that Brady and the O desevere credit for coming up big when it mattered, so does the D.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

There is always a tendency to attribute a win like yesterday's to one great play.  Brady's pass to Thompkins was a thing of beauty and was, from every angle I've seen, a perfecty thrown ball with the game on the line.  For that, in my opinion, he gets credit and high praise.  That said, the offense would not have been in a position to mount a game winning drive had the defense not forced two consecutive 3 and outs on the Saints.  

In much the same way that Brady and the O desevere credit for coming up big when it mattered, so does the D.

This team is geting better every week on both sides of the ball. If they can just stay healthy it is going to be a great ride!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

This team is geting better every week on both sides of the ball. If they can just stay healthy it is going to be a great ride!

I agree with this...but the defensive injuries are going to be tough. Losing Wilfork & Kelly is bad enough....but to lose Talib & Mayo hurts even worse. The 3 best defensive guys we have are out right now. Fingers crossed Talib can find his way back within a few short weeks...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

they need to get healthy first, then worry about staying healthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am interested in the Brady-Edelman brouha.  May be much ado about nothing, but the Edelman's sideline snub of Brady was very real.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I agree with this...but the defensive injuries are going to be tough. Losing Wilfork & Kelly is bad enough....but to lose Talib & Mayo hurts even worse. The 3 best defensive guys we have are out right now. Fingers crossed Talib can find his way back within a few short weeks...

The Kelly/Wilfork injuries will be felt this week. The Saints aren't really a power team, running in between the tackles is an afterthought for them.

This week against the jet's they will pound the ball in between the tackles. Expect 30+ runs inside the tackles.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Brady wasn't perfect, the offense did it as a unit.  The MVP is Chandler Jones making a shoe string tackle on Brees on what would have been a first down and ended the game.  

Agree except you have to give more credit to those, especially Talib, who shut down Graham.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

What a great play to win it.

Now as for the thread and so many comments by children... Brady did not have a good game and neither did most receivers. When Brady made a good pass it was dropped or called back for a penalty (that pass int penalty v Dobson was a horrible call though). 

And the INT near the end was not well thrown. 

BUT in the end Brady made the passes he had to and we FINALLY had receivers catching the ball. I wonder whether Dobson feels like a goat with his drop on 4th down. He should. ANd he should stasrt making catches or keep him off the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE RYANS FACE AFTER THE TD PASS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It wouldn't surprise me if anyone were to break down passing plays for all NFL QBs playing today, like Brady, there will be bad throws and good throws in every game.  What makes the discussion about Brady this year is how so many are focusing on the bad throws that are occurring.  It seems, looking at replays and such, many of the bad throws go to where TB believed the play was to go.  There has been a lot mentioned about the current crop of young receivers running bad routes.  It is just an interesting coincidence that Brady is supposedly making more "bad" throws at the same time he has, literally, a whole new crop of receivers who are still learning the Patriots' pass plays and routes.  How anyone can believe Brady has "suddenly" lost his touch in one season is amazing.  Add to this the Pats' league leading drops stat, what Brady is doing is still amazing and probably could only be done by Brady.  We can only imagine what other QBs in the league could be doing with such an inexperienced receiver corps.

Sections
Shortcuts