To all the Doom and Gloomers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

To all the Doom and Gloomers

Our worst day of football correlates into a one score loss, on the road, to a premier team.  Now get over it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: To all the Doom and Gloomers

In Response to To all the Doom and Gloomers:
    [QUOTE]Our worst day of football correlates into a one score loss, on the road, to a premier team.  Now get over it.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

The truth, wonder if hotblitz can get over it

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Our worst day of football correlates into a one score loss, on the road, to a premier team.  Now get over it.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Unfortunately, those fans who jumped on the bandwagon around 2007 do not see it that way!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I never went to the cliff's edge.

My only problem was I had to face alot of Squeeler fans after the loss.  Those smug b*st*rds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In reality all this game did was show that we're a good team, but one that will need to improve greatly to win a playoff game. It could be worse...we could have people that think our defense is good and our offense is bad running the team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2011. Show mighty2011's posts

The OP needs to be appointed forum moderator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Whistle through graveyards much?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I just don't even like to visit the forum on weeks like this. 

In one week NE went from odds on SB favorite to the worst team in the league.

Oh, yeah. And they should can Tom Brady for only posting a 100 rating and throwing a parir of TDs on what some would consider a bad day. lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Good to see people loosening up!

I think that loss will not be remembered as much as the 'just the only if' one play losses' that still bother me. Miracle helmut catch 2007 along with holding not called on Giants on same play, 2006 (colts) when Brady had 'bugeyes' Caldwell as his prime WR and missed a Brady pass directly on the numbers at the 1st down mark, game over and another SB appearance lost. Sugar bear in 76 against the Raiders and Stabler later admitted it was a bad call. A sure miss TD against the Jets in the playoff by Crumpler. etc.

The overall Team losses to Ravens and Jets do'nt bother me as much.

Must be some others ....but we move on ...and remember the excitement the Pats have given us all......It's not over yet! Stay loose! Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Doom and Gloomers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to To all the Doom and Gloomers : The truth, wonder if hotblitz can get over it
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Dude get off my....... Seriously there's about a hundred people unhappy with the defense and you enjoy saying my name over and over.. Lmao, this guy has a serious hankering for me. It's just football dude...nothing to have to get over. I've also been a Toronto mAple leaf fan for 20+ plus years so I know a bad defense when I see one. The funny thing about you is you'll say "the defense is awesome, and if you don't like it your a whiner or or clueless." You make no points or debate at all to back your arguement, ever. All anybody has to do to see that is look at your prior posts. You do have quite a few of them but usually none more then a line or two with no useful information. Your lack of depth in what you write is painful and clear for all to see if they so chose. I've never put your name in any post of mine only maybe to reply to yours so next time you try calling me out please for the love god have something to say with insight or just don't say anything at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Matter of fact stop "wondering" about me period..kind of creepy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What happened in Pittsburgh is nowhere near as unsettling as was the Cleveland beat down last season and the team finished 14-2.  Last Sunday, the Pats were beaten by last year's AFC champ and still had a chance to win the game going down the stretch. 

Does the team have issues? Of course but pulling a chicken little over it is hardly called for. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I already jumped. Say what you want, but that QB isn't a premier QB. We made him look like Peyton Manning when it came to third down, he's not that good. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]Whistle through graveyards much?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

heres the main chicken little right here...he should be flogged in the open and made to be put in shackles in the public square...

think about it...clearly the worst game we played ...the offense sucked...in the 10 series pissburg had... 2 they scored td's 3 were field goals... 1 was an interception 1 fieldgoal missed...just saying still we could have won ...at the end as bad as we played
    3rd down efficiency is definately an issue...

lets see where we are at later on in the season... tough stretch comin up...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to To all the Doom and Gloomers : Thank you. I just don't even like to visit the forum on weeks like this.  In one week NE went from odds on SB favorite to the worst team in the league. Oh, yeah. And they should can Tom Brady for only posting a 100 rating and throwing a parir of TDs on what some would consider a bad day. lol.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Good points. Realistic perspective is hard to find sometimes.

I think the concern of what we witnessed is that while we certainly are one of the better teams we may well not be good enough to win the SB. And for a lot of folks that is the overriding issue.

I find it humorous that some preach about us being spoiled for expecting a SB every year, yet many of those same pontificate that a 100+ pass rating day was the problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Doom and Gloomers : heres the main chicken little right here...he should be flogged in the open and made to be put in shackles in the public square... think about it...clearly the worst game we played ...the offense sucked...in the 10 series pissburg had... 2 they scored td's 3 were field goals... 1 was an interception 1 fieldgoal missed...just saying still we could have won ...at the end as bad as we played 3rd down efficiency is definately an issue... lets see where we are at later on in the season... tough stretch comin up...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

You're way off. Chicken Little said the sky was falling. I say it fell quite a while ago. This is a good team. Nobody is saying it isn't. Just like nobody is saying the D is good. Well, except for a couple raving lunatics around here. The question is, as it always is; are we good enough to win the SB? Very probably not.

I'm just hoping for luck.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

For a team with a lousy defense to lose on the road to a team that has an offense that is really clinking now i wouldn't be to worried.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Lots of things can happen. Maybe BR and Rodgers get hurt for exampe. As long as you have a good team you have a chance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsposato. Show rsposato's posts

Where would the Patriots be without STEALING wes welker from the Dolphins?Belicheat stole wes welker with the help of his also cheating Lou Saban who was
    leaving Miami and told Belicheat to trade for wes welker.  So with the encourage-
    ment of Saban Miami gives their best receiver to a team in their own division.
    The commissioner should have looked into the trade!  I don't care if they got 2
    draft picks you don't trade your best receiveer to your hated enemy!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Precisely. I'm not jumping off bridges or giving up on the team or the season. Far from it.
    My point, and probably similar to Babe's is, "Can we play at a level going down the stretch to 1, make the playoffs, 2 make a run at the SB?". This is how good teams measure success. If we consider ourselves in the same sentence as GB, Pitt, NO, etc., then we need to beat them.

My concern is we haven't done enough to get us over the hump. And, I don't think we can change it mid-season. This will have to be addressed via next year's draft and FA. So, with the pieces we have, can the defense play a bit above themselves and play a complimentary game (DL, LB, Secondary)? And, can OB get out of his own way and learn from past mistakes when the season is on the line come playoff time?
    These are 2 questions that have been lingering for some time. Hopefully we get them answered this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsposato. Show rsposato's posts

Where would the Patriots be if they hadn't stolen welker (with the help of theother cheat Belicheat's friend Lou Saban) from Miami!!!  Saban's leaving Miami so he tells belicheat to trade for welker and I'll help from my end!!  Soooo miami trades
    their best receiver to their hated enemy in their own division!!!  The commissioner
    should have vetoed the trade!!!  2 draft picks for a player thay used to kill the Patriots!! Give me a break!!