To all the Doom and Gloomers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Re: To all the Doom and Gloomers

Guys I am like everbody else probably.  I have to look at the postives to get me through a lost week.  I am very postive that this team will find its way.  As fans,  we have to accept the good with the bad.  Lets not give up on the team, however, we can not ignore the fact that we have alot of work to do as a team.  The defense is not playing smash mouth every week we all know that.  Those guys will turn it around.  Lets stay away from the panic button for right now. As I said before IN BILL WE TRUST!!!!!
    LETS GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

People keep recalling the score and talking how we still could've won. This was a game that was NOT even remotely as close as the score would have you believe. WAKE UP. The DEFENSE giving up FORTY MINUTES is a PROBLEM. The DEFENSE giving up 3rd and FIFTEENS over & over again is a PROBLEM.

The Steelers are the kind of team that makes the playoffs (and wins Superbowls, 2 since the last time the Pat's won one) and I have no reason to believe the results wouldn't be the exact same if we played them daily for the next 3 weeks. Throw the ball EVERY TIME and eat up the clock so Tom & Co can't get any rthym going or time to get much done. Looking like 1 & done.... again

Hey King, Yeah Brady's ego is the problem right. His 2 TD, O Picks, 70 percent completion rate, and over 100 QB rating in the 20 minutes he had to play were the problem RIGHT

Welcome to Fantasy Island

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Despite the huge time of possession differential the Steelers game was winnable from a NE standpoint.  Why?  Because despite all the angst extant this forum over the bend-don't-break approach it kept Pitt out of the end zone for the entire second half.  This with a secondary that is considered $hite throughout this forum.  Did I like how soft that zone was?  Who could possibly?  I doubt BB did. And, no, I'm not a huge fan of having the D on the field that long but let's at least recognize that the D had its moments in Pittsburgh.

No the offense didn't do a great deal against NYJ, Dallas or Pitt but in those 3 games against contending competition the Pats are 2-1. And like it or not the reason for that is the much maligned Pats D.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to To all the Doom and Gloomers:
    Our worst day of football correlates into a one score loss, on the road, to a premier team.  Now get over it.
    Posted by tcal2-

I can get over one loss, even to a bad team. It's the past 7 seasons of failure that makes me all doomy/gloomy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to To all the Doom and Gloomers:
    Our worst day of football correlates into a one score loss, on the road, to a premier team.  Now get over it.
    Posted by tcal2-

No the worst day of football correlates into a 1 and done in the play-offs in 2009 and 2010.  So when people see the same weaknesses in this year's team as in those, they express their concerns. 

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Understood it was just loss#2 on the year, on the road against a legit team... BUT...

The things that bother me are:

Lack of attention to an obvious favorite target Heath Miller .  5 receptions in a row...?  Gives me a brain cramp. Put a guy on him!! He was so open tebow could have hit him .

Underneath coverage . 2- 3-4 yard  completions allday long.  Adjust ...Adapt...

Special teams... Missed FG.  Kick returns weak...

Bad coaching ... TD play that didn't get challenged etc. 

Stuff happens ... Something tells me the giants are in for a thorough butt kicking ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Doom and Gloomers:
    Where would the Patriots be if they hadn't stolen welker (with the help of theother cheat Belicheat's friend Lou Saban) from Miami!!!  Saban's leaving Miami so he tells belicheat to trade for welker and I'll help from my end!!  Soooo miami trades their best receiver to their hated enemy in their own division!!!  The commissioner should have vetoed the trade!!!  2 draft picks for a player thay used to kill the Patriots!! Give me a break!!
    Posted by rsposato

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Where would the Patriots be if they hadn't stolen welker (with the help of theother cheat Belicheat's friend Lou Saban) from Miami!!!  Saban's leaving Miami so he tells belicheat to trade for welker and I'll help from my end!!  Soooo miami trades their best receiver to their hated enemy in their own division!!!  The commissioner should have vetoed the trade!!!  2 draft picks for a player thay used to kill the Patriots!! Give me a break!!
    Posted by rsposato

Better reach for the Preparation H!!!!!  There is a hemorrhoid on the board!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Depends on how you define doom and gloom.  If you mean that I don't see right now a championship level team on both sides of the ball, then yes, I'm doom and gloom. If you mean that I have an honest question as to whether the defensive personnel is good enough to get us to the Super Bowl then yes, I'm doom and gloom. But: I would be delighted to be proven wrong about that and I'm keeping an open mind. We look like a playoff team and that's great, just getting a little weary of great regular seasons and losing in the playoffs of late because it makes me feel like I'm a Colts fan.  But, on the bright side, only Green Bay has played Super Bowl caliber ball consistently and there is time, in theory, to get these things improved.  However, this notion that our defense has played well the last couple games is crazy. It hasn't been as terrible as the stats but "well" is not the word that comes to mind. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Those are all fair points and I can't say that I have a strong counter argument to anything you posted.   Clearly, a team cannot allow an opponent to dominate time of possession the way that Pitt did and expect to win.  That said, and I post this as a reference point as much as anything else, over the last 4 games the D has allowed an average of fewer than 20 points per game.  The major issue that I see defensively is getting off the field on 3rd down.  Obviouisly there is much to be done to get to the point where that is no longer a concern.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK - I think I've sorted out the scrambled posting issue.  I'm guessing that some of us are on Daylight Savings Time, PC wise, while the PCs of others have shifted to Standard Time.  Just a thought.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Depends on how you define doom and gloom. 

If you mean that I don't see right now a championship level team on both sides of the ball, then yes, I'm doom and gloom. If you mean that I have an honest question as to whether the defensive personnel is good enough to get us to the Super Bowl then yes, I'm doom and gloom. But: I would be delighted to be proven wrong about that and I'm keeping an open mind. We look like a playoff team and that's great, just getting a little weary of great regular seasons and losing in the playoffs of late because it makes me feel like I'm a Colts fan. 

But, on the bright side, only Green Bay has played Super Bowl caliber ball consistently and there is time, in theory, to get these things improved. 

However, this notion that our defense has played well the last couple games is crazy. It hasn't been as terrible as the stats but "well" is not the word that comes to mind. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Doom and Gloomers : Dude get off my....... Seriously there's about a hundred people unhappy with the defense and you enjoy saying my name over and over.. Lmao, this guy has a serious hankering for me. It's just football dude...nothing to have to get over. I've also been a Toronto mAple leaf fan for 20+ plus years so I know a bad defense when I see one. The funny thing about you is you'll say "the defense is awesome, and if you don't like it your a whiner or or clueless." You make no points or debate at all to back your arguement, ever. All anybody has to do to see that is look at your prior posts. You do have quite a few of them but usually none more then a line or two with no useful information. Your lack of depth in what you write is painful and clear for all to see if they so chose. I've never put your name in any post of mine only maybe to reply to yours so next time you try calling me out please for the love god have something to say with insight or just don't say anything at all.
    Posted by HOTBLITZ

LOL, hankering? Actually, I have a problem with posters who keep constantly putting down the team during the game and whining and crying about the same old thing about the defense. Everyone knows our defense is not great, and the constant whining and crying isn’t going to make it better. The thing that is bad is when they do get a three and out, or a sack or INT, I never see the whiners show their appreciation.

I tried to point out, as many other noble fans did, yeah the defense wan't great, but only gave up 23 points. It was the offense that did not execute or special teams that cost the team the game.

As for my posting style, I try not to get into long winded analysis, dissertations and overblown discussion about topics that only require a brief comment . Many posters try to say things about stuff and just go on and on and on and still never make a valid point.

I promise not to mess with you anymore during the game threads.

As for hankering the only one around here I hanker for is NEGAME2.  

Sections
Shortcuts