To all the Gloom and Doomer's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's

Predictable on offense, soft on defense ... blah blah blah ... offense never punted back in the good ol' days and the D never gave up a touch down ...

You whiners are so smart, this team would be so random on offense and stiff on defense if you called the shots. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : No doubt at all sir.  But did you read all these other posts?... I got 'Hammered" as someone said, for me having this concern. I worried about the pass rush - and wrote about that, and then I get labeled a "troll".  So that's why I posted that.  And BB typical drafts the best player available.... That was McCourty apparently, which so far looks like a great pick.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I went back and read the posts.  It seems like a past arguement was brought into this thread.  I say this because I really didn't see anything that would label you and yet you were called a troll and another didn't want to be bothered by a question that was asked by you. 

It's one thing to worry about the pass rush and it's another to say that the Pats will end up 8-8 or 9-7 because of it.  We didn't have one last year and the Pats had a better record.  The defense had other things going on as well.  They had just gotten rid of Seymour but it was so late when the trade was done that they didn't have anyone to bring in to replace him.  McKenzie went down and that placed Guyton at ILB.  Ty Warren had his hip bothering him all season.  The defense had more questions last year than this one does.

Now comes the Rams preseason game.  Do we talk about the offense who only had one first down in the first half?  No.  We have confidence in the offense and simply look the other way.  The defense does have questions and the pass rush is a sensitive area.  We do not have confidence in the defense so out fly the negative comments.  We forgive the offensive meltdown but there's no forgiveness on the defense.  Make no mistake.  This was a team meltdown.  Belichick took the offense and the defense to the woodshed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : I went back and read the posts.  It seems like a past arguement was brought into this thread.  I say this because I really didn't see anything that would label you and yet you were called a troll and another didn't want to be bothered by a question that was asked by you.  It's one thing to worry about the pass rush and it's another to say that the Pats will end up 8-8 or 9-7 because of it.  We didn't have one last year and the Pats had a better record.  The defense had other things going on as well.  They had just gotten rid of Seymour but it was so late when the trade was done that they didn't have anyone to bring in to replace him.  McKenzie went down and that placed Guyton at ILB.  Ty Warren had his hip bothering him all season.  The defense had more questions last year than this one does. Now comes the Rams preseason game.  Do we talk about the offense who only had one first down in the first half?  No.  We have confidence in the offense and simply look the other way.  The defense does have questions and the pass rush is a sensitive area.  We do not have confidence in the defense so out fly the negative comments.  We forgive the offensive meltdown but there's no forgiveness on the defense.  Make no mistake.  This was a team meltdown.  Belichick took the offense and the defense to the woodshed. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]
    Hey, you make some valid points. I'm certainly one of the people that have questionend some of the defensive moves or lack of moves, but maybe I'm not sure about a couple of things. Is the d line better? I hope so, but I'd have to say no, they also had Jarvis Green to rotate in there. Mayo is healthy and that should help, hopefully Spikes will as well. THe outside spot to me is not in good shape, like last year (unless Cunningham is the real deal). If he is not I'd be a little worried that Bants Cain will be heavily schemed against. We shall see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

mthurl, thanks for the nod.

I see an improvement, if you want to call it that, in the defensive line because Ty Warren was dinged and didn't play like Ty Warren.  The Pats went out and got G. Warren and Lewis.  Brace looks like he's finally showing up.  Pryor's got a year under his belt and Wright is Mr. Dependable.  Is it great? No.  But I do think it's stable thus better than last year.

Opponents schemed against Banta-Cain last year.  So I don't see anything different here.  Cunningham is the wild card and all we can do is wait.  Now that Bodden's out that leaves both of the corners suspect.  Butler struggles at times and McCourty is a rookie.

Everyone is anxious about the defense getting right.  The Pats went into the draft with many needs and came out pretty good.  I always have thought it would take this years and next years draft to fix everything that is wrong with this team.  The scouting department has its work cut out for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : I went back and read the posts.  It seems like a past arguement was brought into this thread.  I say this because I really didn't see anything that would label you and yet you were called a troll and another didn't want to be bothered by a question that was asked by you.  It's one thing to worry about the pass rush and it's another to say that the Pats will end up 8-8 or 9-7 because of it.  We didn't have one last year and the Pats had a better record.  The defense had other things going on as well.  They had just gotten rid of Seymour but it was so late when the trade was done that they didn't have anyone to bring in to replace him.  McKenzie went down and that placed Guyton at ILB.  Ty Warren had his hip bothering him all season.  The defense had more questions last year than this one does. Now comes the Rams preseason game.  Do we talk about the offense who only had one first down in the first half?  No.  We have confidence in the offense and simply look the other way.  The defense does have questions and the pass rush is a sensitive area.  We do not have confidence in the defense so out fly the negative comments.  We forgive the offensive meltdown but there's no forgiveness on the defense.  Make no mistake.  This was a team meltdown.  Belichick took the offense and the defense to the woodshed. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to worry about the pass rush and it's another to say that the Pats will end up 8-8 or 9-7 because of it??????????????????????//

I think we are going to be 11-5 actually.  Still just said I don't like our pass rush, and now Bodden is out so I may push that number lower... but I'll wait n see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I posted those records after seeing them after the Rams debacle.  It was not directed at you.

I remember mthurl posted something that I was going to respond to and then he posted that he thought the Pats would go 10-6.  That's not bad for how he was posting at the time.  I thought he was going to be one of those 8-8 guys.  Turns out he isn't. 

Bodden hurts.  No doubt.  How big does that McCourty pick look now!?   The thing that's going to keep this thing afloat is the offense and special teams.  The offense is loaded.  If it misfires the Pats are in deep doodoo.  The special teams placed a challenged defense in difficult postions too often last year.  Hopefully the new punter and return guys will show us something that we haven't had in NE for a while.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I posted those records after seeing them after the Rams debacle.  It was not directed at you. I remember mthurl posted something that I was going to respond to and then he posted that he thought the Pats would go 10-6.  That's not bad for how he was posting at the time.  I thought he was going to be one of those 8-8 guys.  Turns out he isn't.  Bodden hurts.  No doubt.  How big does that McCourty pick look now!?   The thing that's going to keep this thing afloat is the offense and special teams.  The offense is loaded.  If it misfires the Pats are in deep doodoo.  The special teams placed a challenged defense in difficult postions too often last year.  Hopefully the new punter and return guys will show us something that we haven't had in NE for a while.    
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

110% agree with this post. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

How's it going Boys and Girls?  Our D looks awesome against the mighty Bungles.  Hey Jet fans leaking in your pants yet?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] Hey Jet fans leaking in your pants yet?
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

LOL, they should be. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I warned for months. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

All the gloom and doomers are suddenly cheerleaders and homers ... until the next time the Pats trail in a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]All the gloom and doomers are suddenly cheerleaders and homers ... until the next time the Pats trail in a game.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

LOL, it won't take long they'll get out their pink hats and startCry again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Wondering where all the Brace is a bust, Chung is a bust, Wilhite can't play, this D sucs posters are?  I know the season is young, but I haven't seen anything that suggests any of the aforementioned are true.  I guess we'll see since there are plenty of games left, but there are a lot of positives to take from this game.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Hey Trolls, one thing we had was pressure on Palmer today.  With a little bit
    of time there should be some knockdowns, and maybe some sacks, but first we need to show we are coming, unlike last year were wondering if there was much pressure at all. 

So there seems to be improvement and also, when we gave up the 14 pts in the 3rd, and we got the ball back at the start of the 4th, last years team would have gone 3 and out or right for the juggular and either turn it over or just get the FG and the D would get no rest.

Today Brady blended some nice runs with short passes, used up 8 minutes on the clock, got the TD and the game essentially was over.  We all knew that the Bengals were to good offensively not to make a run, and that drive ate up too much time.  Not doing this last year was the main reason we lost the game to the Colts, our offense kept giving him the ball back way to fast, and eventually Peyton got hot, as most good QBs will do if you can't keep them off the field.

We aren't there yet, and it is why we play the games, so we will jell more as a team by years end and get the big one!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]Wondering where all the Brace is a bust, Chung is a bust, Wilhite can't play, this D sucs posters are?  I know the season is young, but I haven't seen anything that suggests any of the aforementioned are true.  I guess we'll see since there are plenty of games left, but there are a lot of positives to take from this game.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Cable's, you are so right, even when the D looked a bit out of sink, they never let anybody get wide open, seemed to make the hit more so than last right as the ball was caught or shortly after.  Not many busted plays on the D.  The D has a long way to go, as does the offense, and there is definitley talent there.  They seemed to always have pressure on the pass rush, and with a little luck, get to know each other better, and BB will start more complex plays to get some thru to hit the QB.  Nothing like the past few years where there were to many games we had no pressure at all.

I am very excited that our D is showing some raw talent and a desire to play together as a team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Chung is a frickin SCUD missile.  Play after play, I'm looking at him saying "whoa!!"  he is just flying around nailing guys.  McCourty was man sized also.  The whole D is as fast, and as hard hitting as I thought.  Didn't think they would be THIS together right away, though.  WOW.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Chung is my #2 performer after Brady today. He was nothing short of outstanding for a SS. Looked like Rodney part II out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Shut up.  We won in SD against a desperate team.  I don't see Jet fans whining about winning on a Bullsh#t PI call and I certainly do hear Steelers fans whining about a ref fixed win today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

[QUOTE]Shut up.  We won in SD against a desperate team.  I don't see Jet fans whining about winning on a Bullsh#t PI call and I certainly do hear Steelers fans whining about a ref fixed win today.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Brilliant post Tcal2.  That Jet win over Denver was ridiculous PI luck and the Steelers fumble ref win was pathetic -- still wins though, still count the same.
    It is what it is - you are what your record says you are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Are we all believers now??????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I don't know, BB won't have much time after winning the Super Bowl to work the offseason.  The game has passed him by and all ...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Many will need to change their board names to post here again, barring a confessional/mea culpa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Many will need to change their board names to post here again, barring a confessional/mea culpa.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I remember alot of them during the game threads, they probably went back into the closet and won't come out for a while.

wonder if someone complied a list of them

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Are they the same as the people predicting 13 wins based on the Saints pre-season game? Both groups are clowns. Pre-season has zero correlation to the regular season outcome unless it's injury related. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

13-2. And counting.

Guess who's looking like a clown now?

Sections
Shortcuts