To all the Gloom and Doomer's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's

In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Then go somewhere and else and cry . we want real fans here
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Futile.... everything you post Kansas.  Your one liners are weak, and you have no idea what you're talking about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

p-mike.
    Good post. At least I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Well said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Someone better tell BB to stop whining because thats all he has done the last 3 days lol.

I criticized the pats D for suckkking in the most meaningful preseason GAME 3 but i did not whine, whining is saying the same thing over and over and over like the people here do all the time, especially the people who whine about the people who criticize bad play.

And to clarify further, our vanilla D suckkked, our vanilla pass rush suckkked, our vanilla pass coverage suckkked, our vanilla run stopping suckkked and i hate all things vanilla, vanilla is my least favorite ice cream flavor as well.

No gloom and doom here, i don't even pay attention to the MEANINGLESS 4th preseason game.

My prediction stands, the Patriots will go 12 - 4 and vanilla is for hoemoes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from molgen. Show molgen's posts

This game was a learning experience for the Pat's young defense. After all, organization learn more from failures than from successes (here's the evidence: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100823162322.htm). That said, let's hope these learning experiences don't last too long into the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I'm one of the trolls from last night and have a long history of taking losses hard. I admit! But when I look at this D it just seems so bare. The big guns are gone and their replacements are undersersized, underahieving, still learning, maybe will never figure it out, group of guys. Hope I'm wrong, but I went to 3 games last year and the QB's never had to worry about being hit. The secondary looked small and missed tackles, along with just not making plays. To me they look the same, if not worse. Ty Warren is gone, Jarvis Green and as little as he did, so is Thomas. THose are three big, experienced guys and really they should be able to improve on them...Hope they did.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    We didn't hear that the defense stinks the last 2 weeks after they held the Saints and Falcons in check.  So why criticize now?  Belichick is never happy, so his press conference told us nothing new

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]This game was a learning experience for the Pat's young defense. After all, organization learn more from failures than from successes (here's the evidence: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100823162322.htm ). That said, let's hope these learning experiences don't last too long into the season.
    Posted by molgen[/QUOTE]
    Great point.  I think Belichick wants his team to sometimes learn the hard way.  It may have been in their best interest to lose a game in 2007 to take some pressure off, because as it turned out, it cost them the super bowl. I have always wondered if sometimes he does things on purpose to make a point.  Then he gets their attention and can say "now listen to me".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Preseason has 1 value.  Practice and get ready for the season.  The Colts have won what, 5 preseason games in 7 years?  It means nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Great point.  I think Belichick wants his team to sometimes learn the hard way.  It may have been in their best interest to lose a game in 2007 to take some pressure off, because as it turned out, it cost them the super bowl. I have always wondered if sometimes he does things on purpose to make a point.  Then he gets their attention and can say "now listen to me".
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Like a parent to their child.... great point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Posted by Tartarus12- (my reply button isnt there)
    Did you hear Belichick's post game comments? Or the players? This teams defense aboslutely stinks on ice. 9 wins will be a blessing.
    "A microphone in the hands of an unwanted media is most definitely a weapon."

YOU are the person this thread is for.  Wow.  Stunningly, wildly insane comment.  Wow.  Please, enlighten us as to why you came to this conclusion.  It must be great information.  I can not imagine what it could be.  Oh, because the Rams went 1-15 last year, that means they stink?  Is that it?  Apparently, not.  They played well, that is what happened.  We were off, yes.  but they played well.  You say "A microphone in the hands of an unwanted media is most definitely a weapon."  I say "Never give an idiot a computer."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Rams beat the Patriots with a late field goal allot like the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super bowl. 
    Three of the Rams scores came off ticky tack  Patriot penalties.

This is a Rams franchise that has serious fan base problems and was thinking of moving to LA.

HMMMM.

I'm just saying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]Posted by Tartarus12- (my reply button isnt there) Did you hear Belichick's post game comments? Or the players? This teams defense aboslutely stinks on ice. 9 wins will be a blessing. "A microphone in the hands of an unwanted media is most definitely a weapon." YOU are the person this thread is for.  Wow.  Stunningly, wildly insane comment.  Wow.  Please, enlighten us as to why you came to this conclusion.  It must be great information.  I can not imagine what it could be.  Oh, because the Rams went 1-15 last year, that means they stink?  Is that it?  Apparently, not.  They played well, that is what happened.  We were off, yes.  but they played well.  You say "A microphone in the hands of an unwanted media is most definitely a weapon."  I say "Never give an idiot a computer."
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]
    I reach my conclusion by watching the game and reading the post game quotes. They weren't playing a "vanilla" defense, as some might claim. You tell me, who are they going to beat by leaving receivers wide open? Do you think they can beat the Bengals the way they played Thursday?

D bags shouldn't use a computer either!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Sometimes I think a lot of these people are trolls but if you listen to Sports radio in Boston it's the same thing. Same thing with the Red Sox. 162 game season and people are ready to jump off a cliff if we're not in first place in April.
    People are really into the teams around here and it's like Paralysis through Over-Analysis. I'm happy when they win and I'm not happy when they lose. In fact preseason or not I was in a pretty bad mood Friday and it was partially because the Pats lost. Partially because I was hungover with limited sleep but I was still pissedd that we lost and played bad. When I'm like that I tend to stay away from threads where people are loading up the .45 and spinning the barrel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's the same thing every year, knee jerk reaction to practice.  That's what preseason is; practice. 

The most you can do is watch individual performances and evaluate players, but even then most of the schemes are vanilla and are basically tackling drills.  It didn't matter last week when we looked great anymore than it looked last game when we stunk it up.  You practice to work out the problems, this is still the same team that won the AFC East last season with more experience from their youth and a large injection of talent via the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Gris:

You mean Pro Bowlers aren't born overnight?

It's clearly time to throw some wood on the fire and pour
    another scotch.

This is just too painful....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Futile.... everything you post Kansas.  Your one liners are weak, and you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Your remind me of a troll who resently disappeared.  What was it's name again?

Oh yeah, celtic12345

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

1)Hope for two snow games in the postseason.
    2)Count on the intelligence or lack of intelligence of the Jets,Dolphins,and Bills defensive coordinators,
    3) Let the schedule work its magic on these three teams.
    4)If Wes stays healthy and you can keep together or protect the corners,then life may be worth living.
    5)Stop acting like all roads pass through Boston.This happened only once when Red ran the Celtics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Your remind me of a troll who resently disappeared.  What was it's name again? Oh yeah, celtic12345
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

A TROLL? Really now... c'mon.  Now you're hating.  Maybe we should call this board the 'Bias" Blog, what you guys think?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Fan on fan crime....not a pretty sight.

For those of you who refuse to use the data given to you each game, well, we can't help you. 

I call that spitting in the wind....whistling by the graveyard...pick your favorite cliche metaphot.

Some of us with a triple digit IQ like actually think for ourselves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : I reach my conclusion by watching the game and reading the post game quotes. They weren't playing a "vanilla" defense, as some might claim. You tell me, who are they going to beat by leaving receivers wide open? Do you think they can beat the Bengals the way they played Thursday? D bags shouldn't use a computer either!
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Vanilla Defense: At least attempt to learn more about football before calling yourself a "fan."  Also, you just entirely contradicted yourself with your next sentence after this one.

tcal- "Wants some of YOU to stop whining," I however, Want some of you to stop being NE Patriot Fans simply because you've followed them for just shy of a decade, and have ponied up the dough to attend several games in their new stadium...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Saying the defense got spanked isn't that bad. It's a young defense. And they are short on talent at a couple spots. They will get spanked ... it's part of the maturation process really. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Maturation Process? Excuse me dude, I think that has been outlawed in MA for many years...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

So far: GREAT PRE-SEASON! Forget wins ands losses.

Offense: Looks tight, Wes back, Brady looks tough, two new TE's, Randy has one long bomb under belt and young receivers look promising. Running by committee not great but doesn't sux either.

Defense: Some new young guns; McCourtney, Spikes. Line looks like it will hold and no one sux too bad...better than last year..

Beyond that, we shall see....I'm breezy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Fan on fan crime....not a pretty sight. For those of you who refuse to use the data given to you each game, well, we can't help you.  I call that spitting in the wind....whistling by the graveyard...pick your favorite cliche metaphot. Some of us with a triple digit IQ like actually think for ourselves.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Think for ourselves! That's just ludacris!  I used to think I had my opinion like the Pass rush needs 'some' help, but then I was categorized as a troll so I jumped on the bandwagon and realized we have the best pass rush in the league. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Your remind me of a troll who resently disappeared.  What was it's name again? Oh yeah, celtic12345
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    There's a lot of them out there dude. Isn't it funny how even when we lose a measly preseason game they come out of the wood work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : There's a lot of them out there dude. Isn't it funny how even when we lose a measly preseason game they come out of the wood work.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Answer me this, does our Pass Rush need help?  Yes or no?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Answer me this, does our Pass Rush need help?  Yes or no?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

What's the matter? Don't you have anyone else to Harass ?

Go bug somebody else.