To all those calling 4 Brady's benching during the 1st qtr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: To all those calling 4 Brady's benching during the 1st qtr

Brady is the 26th rated passer  in the league.

Last time I checked my arithmetic, that makes him below average so far this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Last time I checked my arithmetic, that makes him below average so far this year.

Here's some real science for you.  Your a Product of your environment.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I'll own up. I was calling for Brady's head. Knee-jerk reaction? Yeah, I'll admit it. But he was playing horribly at that point.  My bad.  We're lucky to have him, but I still say he doesn't look like Tom Brady yet this year.  

Right, he's hurt.  I just hope now people see that it's not just the receivers, it's Brady too.  They all need to step it up.  I mean when he started looking toward Dobson things started to happen. 

What amazes me is that some people think they are giving news  flashes that TB isn't being TB yet, I agree with the observation above on when he has looked good, but for as bad as has played they are still scoring in the 20s

God bless our battered D. And our Sts , save KOs. gost has been excellent. before he was hurt he was the best in the league. He is at that level again

But back to the thread, we also all know that unless TB gets back , along with the Oline, and recvrs. Continue to grow we wont go too far in the playoffs, But I want to know how many here would think that without VW and mayo, and now Talib and Kelly, we would be 6-2? And think our chances without them are as good as with them?? No one

enjoy the ride, this team has moxie, I am glad they won't read the game thread here today

next game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Here's some real science for you.  Your a Product of your environment.  

Sounds like an  excuse to me. I'm not into excuses. Either you do or you don't. There's no maybe. Either you're playing like a champion, or you're playing like Mike Glennon.

Aaron Rodgers has no receivers, yet he's able to play at a high level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sounds like an  excuse to me. I'm not into excuses. Either you do or you don't. There's no maybe. Either you're playing like a champion, or you're playing like Mike Glennon.

Packers 5-2

Patriots 6-2

W T F are you even talking about?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

only a real loser would call for Brady's benching. it's that simple. 

doesn't mean he's having his best season. doesn't mean that letting Welker go looks like a big mistake at the moment, and so on. 

but to call for his benching makes you either a troll or a loser or a pathetic prisoner of the moment - take your pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Brady has been bad this season, brutal at times, by the first ballot HOF standard that we are used to getting.  But he's getting no help from the front office (losing Welker and replacing him with a guy whos brittle and can't catch), from his OC (Lagarrette Blount really! this dude strikes fear into absolutely no one), his coach (benching Logan Ryan and putting a D out there that made Tanneyhill look like Drew Brees in the first half).  Giving him Brandon Lloyd last year and a couple of rooks and some retreads for WRs this season.

Brady is one of the best play action passers ever but you need it establish a running game to make that work.  Plodding dancers like Blount aren't the answer to getting that done.  The screen game is also an effective way of getting the ball in the hands of playmakers and allow your QB to get into a rhythm and slow the pass rush.  We also seem to have forgotten that.

Brady can certainly play better, and so can everyone else.  They will all need to if they want to make it to the promised land.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

It is obvious TB and all his new receivers still lack chemistry and are a work in progress. It is true that Brady has had a sub par year, by his standards. However, most of that is due to the inexperience of the receiving corps. If TB had WW, D. Thomas, J. Thomas and Decker do you really think he would be the 26th rated passer ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

only a real loser would call for Brady's benching. it's that simple. 

doesn't mean he's having his best season. doesn't mean that letting Welker go looks like a big mistake at the moment, and so on. 

but to call for his benching makes you either a troll or a loser or a pathetic prisoner of the moment - take your pick

Interesting thread. yesterday in our section there was a fan yelling pretty intensely for the removal of Brady and another fan in front of him told him to shut the f*ck up before he removed his teeth. sort of like what goes on here on this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

I'll say it.  The D came out blitzing in the second half.  GAME CHANGER.  brady had 1oo yards.  really.  100 yards plus.  not an elite qb at this point.  i'll still say it.  brady threw up a miracle play and it was nice. 

So how many yards does a QB have to throw for, in a win,  to not SUCK? 200, 300, 400?  I think that 1st down run of his was a huge game changer.  How about that swollen throwing hand?  I'm sure We'll learn in March that he was playing with a broken bone.

Brady's demeanor and leadership matters a lot more to this young team than just his passing yards. He gives this team its never-say-die attitude, and as fans we should appreciate it. I said this at the start of the season, and believe it today, that this will be Brady's finest season. Not in terms of stats but in terms of leadership and grit. This is a hobbling, injured, and  inexperienced lot that refuses to use any of that as an excuse and finds a way to win games that maybe should have been lost. That requires field generalship. Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that the unquestioned general is Brady? Lay off the guy. I love what he is doing this year, more than any other year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Again, those who are critical of Brady's play offer no rational plan B.  If people think Mallett is a viable plan B, I disagree.  So Brady had a bad (terrible) first half.  He is still their best chance to win.  Whatever is going on with Brady, he is still this team's best chance to win until there is a viable option on the sidelines.  Even with that being said, Brady gets the benefit of the doubt until he proves he just doesn't have it anymore. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Ok I'll bite. 

First off nowhere in the game thread did I say bench Brady. 

Then the thread wasn't addressing you, ya retahd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Any other QBs have the following as receivers:

1.  An undrafted rookie.

2.  A rookie

3.  A rookie

4.  A special teams guy

5.  A slot receiver who is a known injury risk who is almost always injured

6.  An undrafted rookie TD that "has emerged" only to be cut

7.  A blocking tight end that has been kicked around the league

8.  A tight end who has been a practice squad dummy for years

9.  An All World tight end who has just returned from injury

Find me another QB who has had to deal with a Parade of Losers like this and then let's compare their stats.  Until then, your "Brady is #...whatever" is meaningless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Packers 5-2

Patriots 6-2

W T F are you even talking about?

i think all of these guys have fantasy football on their minds. If Brady doesn't put up big numbers apparently a win isnt good enough. 

news flasH, it's a team game and ultimately the goal is to win the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Again, those who are critical of Brady's play offer no rational plan B.  If people think Mallett is a viable plan B, I disagree.  So Brady had a bad (terrible) first half.  He is still their best chance to win.  Whatever is going on with Brady, he is still this team's best chance to win until there is a viable option on the sidelines.  Even with that being said, Brady gets the benefit of the doubt until he proves he just doesn't have it anymore. 

I agree with your statement......a group of people on here would perfer Brady to throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TD's and lose the game, then what Brady is doing.  Personally I don't get it.

I am doing work in Philly area and I was listening to their sports talk show on the radio and they were talking about the Red Sox and how they were not watching the series, and that they hate Boston and when one ask the other why he hates Boston, his answer was that Bostonian if they don't win they whine like babies.  He went on to say that in his life he has not seen a town as lucky as Boston has been in the last 10-12 years with their team, and yet their fans whine if the team doesnt win or a player doesnt perform to their standards.

As I was driving, being a Bostonian, I could not argue with his point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  An undrafted rookie.

2.  A rookie

3.  A rookie

4.  A special teams guy

Find me another QB who has had to deal with a Parade of Losers like this and then let's compare their stats.  Until then, your "Brady is #...whatever" is meaningless.

Pretty unnecessary to denigrate other players to defend Brady. Are these guys overachieving beyond either their talent level (Edelman), experience (Dobson) or health (Amendola and perhaps Gronk)? Undoubtedly. But that's deserving of respect not name-calling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

I have been a #1 fan of Brady since he started.  However, I am not someone with blinders on, either.

Prior to this year I could, maybe, count on the fingers of one hand blatant errors (bad throws, terrible choices) over the course of an entire season (and unlike some others here, I wouldn't miss a game to play golf -- which I love to do -- or just about anything else).

This year there are at least three or four times each game that I see an underthrow, overthrow, behind the receiver, way in front of the receiver, not looking at the open man and throwing into triple coverage.  He simply is not the unquestioned HOF QB this year.  At best, he is somewhere in the upper half of the QBs.  By eight games into the season, with four weeks of exhibition games, and a training camp before that with scrimmages against other teams, there is no longer an acceoptable excuse of "he has not worked out the timings with the new receivers" or "they are not yet on the same page".  I have seen them open and he doesn't throw it there -- or simply misses.  The blame -- at this stage of the season -- rests squarely on the shoulders of the QB.

I still think that Brady has it in him to become Brady again -- and to do it for several more years.  However, so far........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just as in politics, there will always be extremists on both sides of any football issue.  I happen to think Brady hasn't had a good year for a variety of reasons.  That said, throughout this season he's made some pretty clutch throws at critical times.  When he stops doing that maybe it's time for a discussion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I just don't get people. I guess it's the internet, you get every idiots opinion. 

Brady does not have to decline because of his age. Hie is playing through a injury and wrs he is still building chemistry with. He is still getting it done.

IMO, yes, he has an injury now.  I doubt that he had an injury early in the season, who knows.  I would agree that part of Brady's performance is also do to rookie/green receivers learning their routes/jobs.  But c'mon man,  Brady is getting older, it's been affecting him already, and Brady is partially responsible for the poorer performance.  Is he still the best QB for the team right now?  Probably.  But to say that age isn't going to catch up with him; if it hasn't already done so, is kind of naiive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  An undrafted rookie.

2.  A rookie

3.  A rookie

4.  A special teams guy

Pretty unnecessary to denigrate other players to defend Brady. Are these guys overachieving beyond either their talent level (Edelman), experience (Dobson) or health (Amendola and perhaps Gronk)? Undoubtedly. But that's deserving of respect not name-calling.

Where were you when people were calling for the benching of a GOAT and disrespecting him?  He is playing with a hand injury, an injured shoulder and a bunch of players who are not very good at running routes, getting open and catching the ball.  Were you giving those people the respect speech too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[/QUOTE]

Where were you when people were calling for the benching of a GOAT and disrespecting him?  He is playing with a hand injury, an injured shoulder and a bunch of players who are not very good at running routes, getting open and catching the ball.  Were you giving those people the respect speech too?

[/QUOTE]

Um...actually I was, and still am, saying exactly that to the Brady bashers as well. I would like you to go up around 9-10 posts up on this thread to see my earlier comments. Might want to pick another target for that criticism.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It is very nice of boston.com to put up this forum for all the Brady haters from other teams to vent, given all the psychological damage Brady has inflicted on fans of other teams over the past 12 years.  Boston.com deserves an award for being so charitable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Rusty's reaction to Brady's game winner against New Orleans:

robryansad

Sections
Shortcuts