To all who want changes made....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

To all who want changes made....

It is wonderful to be 5-2....I can understand some venting but to call for coaches, GM etc. chages??

Just wait till TB or BB or RK is no longer in charge then you will know what you have......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: To all who want changes made....

Agreed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to To all who want changes made....:
    [QUOTE]It is wonderful to be 5-2....I can understand some venting but to call for coaches, GM etc. chages?? Just wait till TB or BB or RK is no longer in charge then you will know what you have......
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

I'm sick of the argument that we could be worse so appreciate this. That's the old Pats' mentality. I don't want to be the Colts. I thought we started a new era in New England but it looks like a lot of fans and even Kraft are just happy not to suck. I'm NOT accepting that bro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: To all who want changes made....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to To all who want changes made.... : I'm sick of the argument that we could be worse so appreciate this. That's the old Pats' mentality. I don't want to be the Colts. I thought we started a new era in New England but it looks like a lot of fans and even Kraft are just happy not to suck. I'm NOT accepting that bro.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for you, you have to accept it unless you are Bob Kraft.
    You're constant biching and moaning and negativity does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change things.
    All it does is pizz off other fans who remain loyal but see the team for what it is, a very good but obviously flawed team who can and probably will improve.
    The only thing you can change is your attitude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. 
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is questioning BB the COACH. Most are questioning him as a GM. You can't tell me that when we had Pioli in the front office that our drafts and personel moves weren't better. Honestly! BB and BB alone has put this team where it is now..thin on talent. If it wasn't for Brady, this team would be 0-7. He's done the same thing as Polian has with the Colts. Stop already with this thinking that BB is God. News flash: other teams win championships without BB as coach, GM and Head Cook and Bottle Washer! It can happen!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to To all who want changes made.... : I'm sick of the argument that we could be worse so appreciate this. That's the old Pats' mentality. I don't want to be the Colts. I thought we started a new era in New England but it looks like a lot of fans and even Kraft are just happy not to suck. I'm NOT accepting that bro.
    You have a point, Babe....  I do not think most fans here are simply "happy" with the team now and understand there is room for improvement, no doubt.  What we have here are too many fans who expect 2007, if not the 2001 - 2005 multi SB winning era, to repeat itself year after year and if it doesn't, the sky is falling.  Given how difficult it is in the NFL today to maintain any winning consistency for a significant period of years, what this organization has done is amazing.  We would be so lucky to be able to maintain the same personnel year after year.  Look at the turnover from just 2- 3 years ago!  Tough to keep that symmetry when the roster changes so much, but, they keep winning! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]There is a fine balance between being rational and understanding you aren't going to win all 16 games or even 14 or 15 games, losing to a good Pitt team (SB participant last year who didn't; want to lose 2x at home to NE), etc, and realizing there are things the team can be better with or more consistent with, overall. If you react this way to 6-8 point loss on the road to a good team on the road, you have some serious issues.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    .....and to think the Pats could still have won this game!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Then you need something to soothe your stomach if you feel ill.

I feel ill when I read your constant anti-BB rants but thus far I have, in general, refrained from telling you about it.  Frankly, you, like some others, come here to fight.  Too bad, since we all cheer for the same team week in and week out.  Why not visit a YETS board and fight with them, or a Dolphins board or whatever?

Facts are facts, we are currently 5 & 2.  Care to gainsay that?  Just that, not what you think I said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not entirely sure that I see anyone saying that since the team could be worse what we are seeing is acceptable.  For that matter, does anyone actually believe that BB is satisfied with what he saw on Sunday or in the film session afterward?  Does the team need to improve?  Of course it does and don't think BB doesn't know it.

Robert Kraft has set the bar at 'contending for a SB every year'.  I think that's exactly what has been the case pretty much since he's owned the franchise.  The first step is making the playoffs and the team has done that.  Obviously they need to do more than that to get beyond the first round.  I'm not sure that screaming for BB's GM scalp accomplishes much in that regard however.  I not only have faith in BB and TB, I have the utmost regard for Robert Kraft as an owner.  If he thinks changes need to be made he'll make them.  I certainly don't have the cache to sit here and presume to tell anyone in the Pats organization what they 'should' be doing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amun. Show amun's posts

Team is fine, Pitt is playing best footbal in the AFC at the moment and we had a crappy game and only lost by 6 pts... and we all know the pats could of played better, not sure if the steelers could play much better. we should focus on cheering for home field advantage in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all who want changes made.... : .....and to think the Pats could still have won this game!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

By that rationale they could have easily lost the San Diego, Dallas and Jets games. They were all one score games late in the fourth quarter. 

I totally disagree with people who think you have buy into everything a team does to be a "real fan". I will admit it. I have lost a lof of faith in Belichick starting with the Super Bowl loss. I used to think he could always coach his team up to the level they needed to be at in big games. It seemed like if that Pats were withing 10 at half time, they would make the adjustments to turn it around in the second half. That does not happen any more.

To pretend that the nature of the team has not changed dramatically over the last five years. When the Patriots won three Super Bowls in four years they were a defense first team with a ball control offense. Now they are an offensive heavy, pass heavy team. The talent on this team is concentrated on the offensive side of the ball and I do not believe that winning with offense is Belichicks strength, but for five seasons now they have tried to win that way.

I think what sums it up best is how much we made fun of the Colts and their fans when the Colts were putting up gaudy offensive stats, winning 12 to 14 games and failing to deliver against good teams and in the playoffs when it mattered. For five seasons now, that is the Patriots instead.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]There is a fine balance between being rational and understanding you aren't going to win all 16 games or even 14 or 15 games, losing to a good Pitt team (SB participant last year who didn't; want to lose 2x at home to NE), etc, and realizing there are things the team can be better with or more consistent with, overall. If you react this way to 6-8 point loss on the road to a good team on the road, you have some serious issues.

I agree with this. I was at the game, it was a VERY loud crowd (only place I have heard louder was against the Saints in the dome), and the Steelers have the number one defense in the league. Its a very tough place for anyone to win. Defense had a very rough first half, played better in the second, the offense was out of rhythm the whole day (mainly because of the noise) and did nothing to help the defense out (40-20 time of posession difference). Some of that had to be that BJGE was not fully healthy, he was listed as questionable all week, and he only got 5 carries. Faulks first game back, he looked OK, but was not ready for 20 pound and ground carries. But as far as wholesale changes because they lost a road game to a very good opponent? I'll pass. This shows the importance of home field advantage for the playoffs, its a totally different game if they play in Foxboro in January than if they have to play in Pittsburgh again. Pats have a tough stretch of 4 games now vs teams with a combined record of 16-12 (Giants, Jets, KC and Philly), and are then set up nicely heading into the playoffs, 5 games vs teams with a combined record of 10-25 (Indy, Washington, Denver, Miami and Buffalo), with 3 of them at home. They pretty much control their own fate still, which is a good position to be in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all who want changes made.... : Unfortunately for you, you  have to accept it unless you are Bob Kraft. You're constant biching and moaning and negativity does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change things. All it does is pizz off other fans who remain loyal but see the team for what it is, a very good but obviously flawed team who can and probably will improve. The only thing  you can change is your attitude.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. The fans and the media have a huge impact on what teams do. As long as people like you keep making excuses there will likely be no impetus for change.

Stick your head in the sand, but lots of fans are getting sick of these endless mistakes with personnel. Do you really think the 5 or 6 of you that keep crying that everything is fine makes it it so?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

To say the Pats lost yesterday to a "good" team is a cop-out.  They should have won and they and you know it.  The Steelers are not as good as their record indicates.  Add in the injuries they had on D the Pats could have operated more effectively.  They played bad period, some of the personel calls on offense were extremely strange. Faulk on the goal line - really?? game speed gentlemen and ladies.  He bounced 5 yards! but that is what it is.
    That being said, it is foolish to think that you will win 14+ games a year and I agree with that, but it is a standard that was set when this team began to "click" back in the early 2000's when we had a Defense that could make big plays (or more than 1 stop a game) when it mattered.  Cutting Boddin was a mistake that will cost us this year especially after putting Ras I on IR.  The lack of a true strong safety is also going to hinder us.  There is no question with #12 we have a significant advantage going against any team but when you don't have the star power in the LB corps it makes it tough to win games especially on the road.  Rob Ninkovich is not a starting OLB any where in the league - if you think he is then you need to have your head examined and stop drinking the Kool-aid. 
    As fans it is OK to question what is going on with the team that you pay to go and watch or buy their overpriced memorabilia.  However, to say we need to clean house is rediculous.  DA said it best when he said, "Football is not always about the X's and O's, it is also about the Jane's and Joe's".

Food for thought, now you all can tell me that I don't know what I am talking about and that is fine. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

It may sound weired but losing in regular season to a strong team in their house doesnt mean end of the world. 

Think of all the teams that lost in regular season but returned the favor in the post season...some that come to mind are Rams in 2001 and we beat Ravens and Jets and giants in regular season but they had the last laugh in playoff.  LOOK IT UP this happens everyyear...

As long as we get in the playoffs its anybody's game and for once I think it would be good for Patriots when they are not EXPECTED to win.  When we won superbowls we didnt have great regular seasons so stop whining now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It's getting redundant from my part, but here it goes again...

I just want some continuity from our secondary... I'm not wishing for Ed Reed and Revis, but a solid core that doesn't make me shyt my pants everytime a QB throws... that's all I want.

The Dline and LB's are solid if not above average acorss the board.... just the secondary makes me uneasy and it's been that way for sometime. 

However, getting rid of BB is probably the worst idea ever....  he has a great scouting department and Reese to help out.  Please don't tell me Reese just does contract stuff because that would be wasting talent... I'm sure he gives BB advise..

But we all know that this team needs to go out and get a young pass rusher soon, and a Solid cover corner( I thought that was Bodden, but hey).

This team is still an elite football team when you look at the other teams out there, so I am still pulling for a strong playoff run.

These bumbs on the way will just help BB plan accordingly.  They played like crap and still came close down to the end. So when the Pats play their worst football, they're still in the game?????? You should take that.  Especially at 5-2. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

To be honest, I expect a few losses no matter what team the Patriots put on the field.  However, I expect the Patriots to look good in those losses.  The Patriots looked horrible in the Steelers loss.  Heck they even looked bad in the Cowboys win.  It looks like when teams shut them down then it's over.  I would prefer a dog fight loss instead of these getting taken to school type of losses like on Sunday.  Out played, out coached, no plan b!  Just like the playoff loss to the Jets last year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all who want changes made.... : You're wrong. The fans and the media have a huge impact on what teams do. As long as people like you keep making excuses there will likely be no impetus for change. Stick your head in the sand, but lots of fans are getting sick of these endless mistakes with personnel. Do you really think the 5 or 6 of you that keep crying that everything is fine makes it it so?

No, you are wrong and less intelligent than I gave you credit for, if you think for one minute that your biching is going to change one thing.  LMAOROTF
    Did BB dump Matt Cassel when the press and every idiot with a voice or internet connection said he should.  Did Kraft fire BB because he wouldn't listen to the morons?  NO No No.
    Please don't pretend to claim your rants are for the "betterment" of the team because your distain for BB is well known. 
    This is just another opportunity for you to state your case.  A poor one at that, unless you are one of the IRRATIONALS expecting this team to go 19-0 every year.
    Please show me where I said "every thing is fine", because I'm pretty sure I said the team has flaws.  NEWSFLASH...THEY ALL DO!
    I can tell you one thing for sure.  Players with less negativity than yours are labeled "cancers" and rightfully so. They are promptly removed from the team.
    Too bad the same doesn't hold true for the forums because you sir, are a "cancer".

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]The thing was, the continuity was there prior to Bodden's release.  He wasn't 100% and the reason they didn't play well on Sunday,  but that trickle down effect has to be an issue with 1 or 2 new bodies all of a sudden expected to play 60 minutes. However, you cant walk away from the Dallas game with their weapons (Bryant, Austin and Witten, nice RBs, etc), and say that wasn't the case especially with how settled the Safety spot had become with Ihedibo having a good chemistry with Chung. When you look at it, Ihedigbo, not saying he's great (nor was EUgene Wilson or Artrell Hawkins in 2006), he's settled it. They don't really give up these big deep plays. And I mention his name because he spoke out taking accountability for their less than good play this Sunday.

I liked what he had to say, but there was too many third and longs that were completed.  I mean it was 15, 12, 12 yards out I believe.... those are third and real longs ya know...  I mean a first down on third and 15 is unacceptable, but it does happen.

I hope they improve as they go a long.  I have to say the redzone D has been pretty solid, but I like to see it within the 20's as well.  A few three and outs would be nice, and this would allow Brady and company to build some momentum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Some reality:
    1. You are never as good as your best game nor as bad as your worst
    2. The pass rush is actually a little better than it was at the outset of the season - though not as good as they will ultimately need
    3. The secondary play is WEAK. It MUST get better if they are to win a playoff game against a good QB (Sanchez falls short of this mark but that does not mean the Jets might not give the Pats problems)
    4. EVERY TEAM except Green Bay has had at least one very bad game and shown at least one or more real weaknesses.
    5. A BB team, probably more than other teams, are more than the sum of their parts. Mediocre talent can be minimalized (not eliminated) by really good, coordinated, team/unit play.
    6. We are not quite even at the halfway mark. There are 9 weeks to get the D to gel. I do not expect miracles here. But they can play better as a unit. And i actually expect that by late season they will be playing better as a unit. The question is will team play be good enough to overcome mediorce talent.
    7. D line looking improved. Again there is a question as to just how good this unit can be. Likely they can be good agasint the run and just adequate as pass rush
    8. LBs NEED a healthy Mayo. He was not all the way back. Otherwise he would have missed next to no snaps.
    9. Spikes is being allowed to play more aggressively. In fact the front seven is being allowed to play more aggressively. This will be required if they are to go deep into the payoffs.
    10. Guyton must either learn to tackle AND to take good angles or he should follow Merriweather out the door.
    11. The safeties are just not a good unit. Chung needs more support from the rest of the D in order to make his aggressive play.
    12. McCourty will need to raise his game individually if the secondary is to play "good enough" to win against a good passing team in the playoffs.

13. This team needs more pass rush, better LBing play and more coverage talent. They can only go far if they play really smart, well coordinated D and the game plans are stellar. They will need to add 6 "starters" (key players) to this roster on D.

Just opinion but - 15. It is becoming painful to see no ability to stretch the field when they are playing teams that can really slow them down if they dare TB to go 25 yards or deeper. There is a part of me that would like to see a serious pact with Moss - that he will do HIS part when he is on the field, that he will NOT be on the field a lot of the time, and even when he is he may often be a decoy more than a target. 3 and outs just put this very challenged D in a difficult position. The D will be better. But how much better is hard to say. So the O will need to be stellar.

And please... I hope to see more Ridley and hoping for some Vereen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Some reality: 1. You are never as good as your best game nor as bad as your worst 2. The pass rush is actually a little better than it was at the outset of the season - though not as good as they will ultimately need 3. The secondary play is WEAK. It MUST get better if they are to win a playoff game against a good QB (Sanchez falls short of this mark but that does not mean the Jets might not give the Pats problems) 4. EVERY TEAM except Green Bay has had at least one very bad game and shown at least one or more real weaknesses. 5. A BB team, probably more than other teams, are more than the sum of their parts. Mediocre talent can be minimalized (not eliminated) by really good, coordinated, team/unit play. 6. We are not quite even at the halfway mark. There are 9 weeks to get the D to gel. I do not expect miracles here. But they can play better as a unit. And i actually expect that by late season they will be playing better as a unit. The question is will team play be good enough to overcome mediorce talent. 7. D line looking improved. Again there is a question as to just how good this unit can be. Likely they can be good agasint the run and just adequate as pass rush 8. LBs NEED a healthy Mayo. He was not all the way back. Otherwise he would have missed next to no snaps. 9. Spikes is being allowed to play more aggressively. In fact the front seven is being allowed to play more aggressively. This will be required if they are to go deep into the payoffs. 10. Guyton must either learn to tackle AND to take good angles or he should follow Merriweather out the door. 11. The safeties are just not a good unit. Chung needs more support from the rest of the D in order to make his aggressive play. 12. McCourty will need to raise his game individually if the secondary is to play "good enough" to win against a good passing team in the playoffs. 13. This team needs more pass rush, better LBing play and more coverage talent. They can only go far if they play really smart, well coordinated D and the game plans are stellar. They will need to add 6 "starters" (key players) to this roster on D. Just opinion but - 15. It is becoming painful to see no ability to stretch the field when they are playing teams that can really slow them down if they dare TB to go 25 yards or deeper. There is a part of me that would like to see a serious pact with Moss - that he will do HIS part when he is on the field, that he will NOT be on the field a lot of the time, and even when he is he may often be a decoy more than a target. 3 and outs just put this very challenged D in a difficult position. The D will be better. But how much better is hard to say. So the O will need to be stellar. And please... I hope to see more Ridley and hoping for some Vereen.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Good points but I can't say that the pass rush is a problem... it has been rather consistent, but the secondary needs some work. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]To say the Pats lost yesterday to a "good" team is a cop-out.  They should have won and they and you know it.  The Steelers are not as good as their record indicates.  Add in the injuries they had on D the Pats could have operated more effectively.  They played bad period, some of the personel calls on offense were extremely strange. Faulk on the goal line - really?? game speed gentlemen and ladies.  He bounced 5 yards! but that is what it is. That being said, it is foolish to think that you will win 14+ games a year and I agree with that, but it is a standard that was set when this team began to "click" back in the early 2000's when we had a Defense that could make big plays (or more than 1 stop a game ) when it mattered.  Cutting Boddin was a mistake that will cost us this year especially after putting Ras I on IR.  The lack of a true strong safety is also going to hinder us.  There is no question with #12 we have a significant advantage going against any team but when you don't have the star power in the LB corps it makes it tough to win games especially on the road.  Rob Ninkovich is not a starting OLB any where in the league - if you think he is then you need to have your head examined and stop drinking the Kool-aid.  As fans it is OK to question what is going on with the team that you pay to go and watch or buy their overpriced memorabilia.  However, to say we need to clean house is rediculous.  DA said it best when he said, "Football is not always about the X's and O's, it is also about the Jane's and Joe's". Food for thought, now you all can tell me that I don't know what I am talking about and that is fine. 
    Posted by Wildwillis[/QUOTE]

Great post. Since I still do not know why Bodden was cut I can't say overrall whether it was a good or bad move. Only time will tell. The timing was bad but Bodden had not been playing well at all and there is probably no good time to cut a starting cornerback on a 5-1 team whose replacement is about to go on IR. I'm not sure what the Pats should do about "housecleaning" this offseason if the defense does not improve. They did a major housecleaning this past offseason and the defense seems to be much worse at this point. I will not give up hope as long as Brady is under center and in 2006 the Colts defense stunk all year and then started to play good in the playoffs. If the Pats defense can get turnovers like the Saints in 2009 or like  the Jets defense does now than you can mask a lot of problems.