To All You Ryan Haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

To All You Ryan Haters

I keep reading how disappointed or disgusted you are about Rex about telling the official about the pushing on a FG. How its a low class move and he should be fined. But, guess what?? It was a MASTERFUL plan and a great coaching move and something your sore loser Billy B hasnt done in a long long time. 80% of Pats fan base are pink hats. No history and irrelevent for first 40 years of existance. So move on you losers and start worrying who your coach will be when Brady retires in 2 years. Cuz you know Bill is a quitten when Bradys a leaving. He'll have no coat tails to ride. He was a loser coach before Brady, and will be a loser coach after Brady.

PS Brady is a legend and I hate the JETS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: To All You Ryan Haters

Problem with what you are saying Sandy is the Jets pulled the same stunt on a Pats FG attempt and it was not called.  It is the timing of this call that is the issue.  Call it all game not just on the one occasion that helps the Jets.

Coaches point out all the time what the other team is doing and to assure the officiating crew are looking for these rule infractions.  BB does it too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I keep reading how disappointed or disgusted you are about Rex about telling the official about the pushing on a FG. How its a low class move and he should be fined. But, guess what?? It was a MASTERFUL plan and a great coaching move and something your sore loser Billy B hasnt done in a long long time. 80% of Pats fan base are pink hats. No history and irrelevent for first 40 years of existance. So move on you losers and start worrying who your coach will be when Brady retires in 2 years. Cuz you know Bill is a quitten when Bradys a leaving. He'll have no coat tails to ride. He was a loser coach before Brady, and will be a loser coach after Brady.

[/QUOTE]

UP YOUR BELFAST BUTT,BOY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Problem with what you are saying Sandy is the Jets pulled the same stunt on a Pats FG attempt and it was not called.  It is the timing of this call that is the issue.  Call it all game not just on the one occasion that helps the Jets.

Coaches point out all the time what the other team is doing and to assure the officiating crew are looking for these rule infractions.  BB does it too.

[/QUOTE]

Sure. Then why are a lot of Pats fans pointing the finger at Rex if BB does it also? Rex isnt the one who threw the flag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't called against the Pats the week before.   It wasn't called againts the Ravens vs the Dolphins.   Offensive pass interference was called on Hill on a 4th qtr TD.  Any other OPI that was missed at some other point in the game? Or maybe in another game on another week?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Sure. Then why are a lot of Pats fans pointing the finger at Rex if BB does it also? Rex isnt the one who threw the flag.

[/QUOTE]

Its called "deflecting".  Again, it is the timing of the call, more than anything else.  Also, call it both ways, not one, as many everywhere are saying about this matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you think BB is leaving as soon as TB does then I don't think you know him very well.  Do you honestly think that BB is going to end his career so that people will question whether it was him or TB that was responsible for all of this success?  Forget about it.  I expect there are many more years left with BB at the helm.  I believe his goal will be to get to at least one more Super Bowl, without TB, before he retires.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a Raiders phony and jealous of BB. We know your agenda.  Your coaches have blown for decades, so you're frustrated as a bandwagon Raiders tool.

Brady has sucked overall this year, legend or not.

If BB had done what Rex Ryan did, ESPN and then entire national media would be demanding a press conference asking why BB and the Pats get to dictate how a game is officiated in OT.

As proven, the Jets did what NE did, but earlier in the game. So if the refs were told to call it, hadn't all year in over 400 FG or PAT plays, why was it only called on the PAts?

There is nothing "masterful" about calling up the league office and complaining and then threatening the refs to call it on the Pats, exclusively.

That's pretty much cheating in the game itself.

[/QUOTE]

You keep mentioning this cheating.  Who cheated? How? 
    Who threatened the refs?  I didn't read that story. 

Are you as curious as to why it wasn't called against the Pats in the Saints game?  I'm not.  using your logic, whoever the first team was to have that penalty called would be the victim of a league conspiracy.  Do you feel that the first team to have the new rule about hitting with the crown of the helmet rule this year was a victim? No? Why not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It wasn't called against the Pats the week before.   It wasn't called againts the Ravens vs the Dolphins.   Offensive pass interference was called on Hill on a 4th qtr TD.  Any other OPI that was missed at some other point in the game? Or maybe in another game on another week?

[/QUOTE]

Offensive pass interference is a lot harder to see than these plays. What else does a back judge have to look at on a FG attempt? Nothing, other than violations on the defense. Which, in this case, he's an incompetent official. 

It's pretty obvious that Belichick saw the loophole in the original wording of the rule (which says a player from the second level, not just any player, which was the wording that they put in shortly after the game) and just had a DL push a teammate in the back. The official got it wrong. Had he called it on the Jets earlier in the game, he would have been right.

The official knew (parts of) the rule, and was aware of it, but he neglected to call it earlier on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

THE OP IS CLEARLY A MENTALLY CHALLENGED PERSON WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT AMERICAN FOOTBALL. OBVIOUSLY JELOUSE OF THE PATS AND BOSTON SPORTS IN GENERAL, AS ARE MOST FANS ACROSS TEH COUNTRY. FACT IS TOMMY BRADY AND BB ARE THE BEST OF ALL TIME AT THEIR RESPECTIVE POSITIONS, AND YOU ARE A LOSER. FACT.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THE OP IS CLEARLY A MENTALLY CHALLENGED PERSON WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT AMERICAN FOOTBALL. OBVIOUSLY JELOUSE OF THE PATS AND BOSTON SPORTS IN GENERAL, AS ARE MOST FANS ACROSS TEH COUNTRY. FACT IS TOMMY BRADY AND BB ARE THE BEST OF ALL TIME AT THEIR RESPECTIVE POSITIONS, AND YOU ARE A LOSER. FACT.

[/QUOTE]

Someone knows nothing of the English language, or the "Caps Lock" key.

That said, I generally agree with your poorly assembled rant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Thanks for your nonsensical drivel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Offensive pass interference is a lot harder to see than these plays. What else does a back judge have to look at on a FG attempt? Nothing, other than violations on the defense. Which, in this case, he's an incompetent official. 

It's pretty obvious that Belichick saw the loophole in the original wording of the rule (which says a player from the second level, not just any player, which was the wording that they put in shortly after the game) and just had a DL push a teammate in the back. The official got it wrong. Had he called it on the Jets earlier in the game, he would have been right.

The official knew (parts of) the rule, and was aware of it, but he neglected to call it earlier on.

[/QUOTE]

what original wording are you refering to?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The NFL changed the wording of the rule on the website after the game. It initially read: 

"Players not on the line of scrimmage at the snap cannot push players on the line"

An hour after the game (there was an update timestamp on the website), it read:

"Defensive players cannot push players on the line"

They took out the wording from second level, which makes it obvious that Belichick saw a loophole and tried to exploit it (as he should have). Here's a link. I know it's barstool, but I saw the website myself, before and after, so it's actually 100% legitimate.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/nfl-changed-the-push-rule-after-they-called-it/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a Raiders phony and jealous of BB. We know your agenda.  Your coaches have blown for decades, so you're frustrated as a bandwagon Raiders tool.

If BB had done what Rex Ryan did, ESPN and then entire national media would be demanding a press conference asking why BB and the Pats get to dictate how a game is officiated in OT.

As proven, the Jets did what NE did, but earlier in the game. So if the refs were told to call it, hadn't all year in over 400 FG or PAT plays, why was it only called on the PAts?

There is nothing "masterful" about calling up the league office and complaining and then threatening the refs to call it on the Pats, exclusively.

[/QUOTE]

Did I strike a nerve Harvey? Thank you pink hat. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tuck rule. Does that strike a nerve?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The NFL changed the wording of the rule on the website after the game. It initially read: 

"Players not on the line of scrimmage at the snap cannot push players on the line"

An hour after the game (there was an update timestamp on the website), it read:

"Defensive players cannot push players on the line"

They took out the wording from second level, which makes it obvious that Belichick saw a loophole and tried to exploit it (as he should have). Here's a link. I know it's barstool, but I saw the website myself, before and after, so it's actually 100% legitimate.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/nfl-changed-the-push-rule-after-they-called-it/

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean the website.  Some guy here yesterday was crying about that too.  It seems that you also didn't know that the website is a website and the rule book is the rulebook.  The rulebook is the offical copy. It is put out prior to the season in print and provided to teams etc. The wording in that book has not changed.  Although some here think that Belichick logs on to NFL.com during warmups to review rules, I am going to guess that he has a copy of the printed version.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh, you mean the website.  Some guy here yesterday was crying about that too.  It seems that you also didn't know that the website is a website and the rule book is the rulebook.  The rulebook is the offical copy. It is put out prior to the season in print and provided to teams etc. The wording in that book has not changed.  Although some here think that Belichick logs on to NFL.com during warmups to review rules, I am going to guess that he has a copy of the printed version.

[/QUOTE]

If that's true, fair enough. However, most people will only remember the initial proposal, and won't really worry too much about a change in the syntax to a rule that was put in place for the first time in the history of the game. He probably wouldn't have made that play call (which is way less effective than a linebacker pushing from the back with a running start) had he not thought he had found a loophole, or had he not seen the Jets do the same f***ing thing earlier in the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Actually the tuck rule game made the raiders STRONGER! We went to the super bowl the next year with home field throughout. I'm happy it happen or maybe we dont have the drive to make it to super bowl that year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Could not have said it any better myself. And I refuse to believe that this is the first time, either in that particular game or the entire seaon, that this type of penalty took place. It seemed very convenient for the refs to call that penalty at that specific time in the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Actually the tuck rule game made the raiders STRONGER! We went to the super bowl the next year with home field throughout. I'm happy it happen or maybe we dont have the drive to make it to super bowl that year.

[/QUOTE]

Shut up dude. The aiders got flat out annihilated in that superbowl because your coach was too stupid to either change his plays, come up with some new plays, or change the verbage. Why do non Pats fans continue to post on this forum? Are they that envious?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

How can someone respect Rex more for this? Rex respects Rex less for this, for crying out loud. You don't think so? How do you explain that the coach, who has never heard a question that he didn't want to answer, starts pleading the 5th on something? Of course he knows what he did was cowardly. Not all forms of gamesmanship are smart or ballsy. Rex is an absolute coward for this move.

As for the Raiders....good for you on a run to the Super Bowl where you absolutely got stomped. I'm sure you've been in here trolling when the Patriots lost 2 super bowls by a combined total of 8 points. 48 points to a Brad Johnson led offense? That's poor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

[QUOTE]

How can someone respect Rex more for this? Rex respects Rex less for this, for crying out loud. You don't think so? How do you explain that the coach, who has never heard a question that he didn't want to answer, starts pleading the 5th on something? Of course he knows what he did was cowardly. Not all forms of gamesmanship are smart or ballsy. Rex is an absolute coward for this move.

As for the Raiders....good for you on a run to the Super Bowl where you absolutely got stomped. I'm sure you've been in here trolling when the Patriots lost 2 super bowls by a combined total of 8 points. 48 points to a Brad Johnson led offense? That's poor.

[/QUOTE]

Dont sugarcoat it pink hat. 8 points yes, but they were 2 of the biggest chikes in american sports history.

Raiders 3 Rings. So stop talking like you got more than us.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I can't blame Ryan for pointing it out to officials. Truth be told we'd be praising BB's knowledge of the rule book if he did the same and across all sports every coach tries to play up the refs, either in pressers after the game or complaining during the game. Ever coach does it. I will however blame the refs for turning a blind eye all game to it and then deciding to call it on a play that essentially determined the outcome in the end. To me the refs 1st and main job is to be consistent with calls. All refs are human and make judgement calls, just call it the same for both sides from the start to the end and no fan has a right to complain about the calling. Unfortunately in this case the refs decided to call it in OT on a play that ended up deciding the game when they completely ignored it all game including the kick that tied the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't blame Ryan for pointing it out to officials. Truth be told we'd be praising BB's knowledge of the rule book if he did the same and across all sports every coach tries to play up the refs, either in pressers after the game or complaining during the game. Ever coach does it. I will however blame the refs for turning a blind eye all game to it and then deciding to call it on a play that essentially determined the outcome in the end. To me the refs 1st and main job is to be consistent with calls. All refs are human and make judgement calls, just call it the same for both sides from the start to the end and no fan has a right to complain about the calling. Unfortunately in this case the refs decided to call it in OT on a play that ended up deciding the game when they completely ignored it all game including the kick that tied the game.

[/QUOTE]

Agree

Ryan did nothing wrong he just exploited a situation in the NFL where the referees are way too vulnerable to suggestion. We need Obi-wan as a coach.

Sections
Shortcuts