To anyone who has had a chance to see the Training Camp practices...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

To anyone who has had a chance to see the Training Camp practices...

Hey all.  Sorry if this is redundant with other threads.  I'm right in the middle of my wheat harvest right now and super busy.  Don't have much time to sort through all the camp coverage. If anyone who has seen the practices can list a few players for me who have looked better than expected, I would appreciate it.  Pray for health!  That's 90% of the battle at this point.  Thanks again and Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: To anyone who has had a chance to see the Training Camp practices...

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey all.  Sorry if this is redundant with other threads.  I'm right in the middle of my wheat harvest right now and super busy.  Don't have much time to sort through all the camp coverage. If anyone who has seen the practices can list a few players for me who have looked better than expected, I would appreciate it.  Pray for health!  That's 90% of the battle at this point.  Thanks again and Go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Tavon Wilson reportedly had a pep in his step(last chance year will do that) and got some reps with 1st team.

The DB from Delaware(Hawkins?) has got some unexpected reps and was on kickoff returns.

Edleman looks great but Amendola and Brady still seem to be having issues getting on page which is troubling.

KT has gotten the most praise and seemingly has better rapport w/Brady than Amendola.

Cannon is playing left tackle for flexibility.

Mayo and Fork look healthy so far.

Harmon has looked good

Gronk is on the field but taking his time back.

not much news on anyone else. I will be reporting on what I see in Saturdays padded practice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tavon Wilson reportedly had a pep in his step(last chance year will do that) and got some reps with 1st team.

The DB from Delaware(Hawkins?) has got some unexpected reps and was on kickoff returns.

Edleman looks great but Amendola and Brady still seem to be having issues getting on page which is troubling.

KT has gotten the most praise and seemingly has better rapport w/Brady than Amendola.

Harmon has looked good

not much news on anyone else. I will be reporting on what I see in Saturdays padded practice.

[/QUOTE]

What did you see to make you think this? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Harmon has looked good

[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  Thanks a bunch.  Appreciate the thoughts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Harmon has looked good

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

After seeing Amendola's performance in week one last year against Buffalo, I have no doubts that he will be a solid contributor if he can stay healthy.  I'm not at all worried about his chemistry with Brady.  Like everyone else, his ability to stay on the field is my only concern.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Harmon has looked good

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I didnt see anything. Just going off reports that there is still lots of dialogue going on between the 2 after plays with instructions and what not. Now thats normal but younger players seem to be doing what Brady wants while this enigma seems to have issues w/Brady even going back to last year Brady was always yelling at him. I just dont think its a great fit or Brady wants to prove Wes should have stayed, who knows but something is amiss. He can still make an impact but he will behind Jules, Gronk, KT in the pecking order the way its played out so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well I didnt see anything. Just going off reports that there is still lots of dialogue going on between the 2 after plays with instructions and what not. Now thats normal but younger players seem to be doing what Brady wants while this enigma seems to have issues w/Brady even going back to last year Brady was always yelling at him. I just dont think its a great fit or Brady wants to prove Wes should have stayed, who knows but something is amiss. He can still make an impact but he will behind Jules, Gronk, KT in the pecking order the way its played out so far.

[/QUOTE]

if i remember right last year TB said of amendola taht he would ahve 120 xatches if he were in all year

I dont think i cam worry about any of the receievers at this time, I just cannot

And if they call more jamming on receiers - these guys have the tools to take advantage IMO

Again I think their only big problem could be

1) Oline - that Denver game got to me

2) LB Depth

30 Gronk - another dirty play

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if i remember right last year TB said of amendola taht he would ahve 120 xatches if he were in all year

I dont think i cam worry about any of the receievers at this time, I just cannot

And if they call more jamming on receiers - these guys have the tools to take advantage IMO

Again I think their only big problem could be Oline - that Denver game got to me

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

[/QUOTE]

for the record, I also am not worried. Just saying what was reported. I believe that BB will go with the best guys and the logjam will make for good competition. My only question is if the Pats stand to gain more by cutting Amendola than letting him stick as a backup. Even when Wes and Jules were healthy, we rarely saw the two on the field together yet we have them two, Boyce, Lafell all who people consider slot WR's so somethings got to give.

I believe they will ease back Dobson, p.u.p him so we dont have to cut anybody and by the time week 6 rolls around one of our WRs will be dinged up and likely be IR w/chance to return. Thats my best guess to solve this issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Day two at camp . . .  my impressions. 

Justin Jones is big and he can catch the ball – I’d say he has a good shot at being the 3rd TE if he is as good once they put the pads on. Tompkins looks like an all pro with his moves, speed and ability to catch the ball even when covered by Revis . . . high expectations for him this year – all the receivers looked good but LaFell was not as impressive as I was hoping for – Dobson and KT will play in front of him if they are healthy. Daxton Swanson looks like they have to find a roster spot for him . . . his coverage was great and he goes for the ball, have to wait to see how he tackles and can he play special teams – Ebner has no hands – Fitch and Amendola looked good fielding Allen’s punts as Allen was putting them a mile up with a lot of spin on the ball and both guys had no problem fielding the punts cleanly. Vereen looks bigger and faster than last year and he has a best hands out of the backfield . . . I think they will play him a lot more and he will put pressure on any LB trying to cover him. Offensive line jumped off-sides a few times and that worries me when they were not even in pads and hitting – are we going to miss Dante that much this year? Danny Aiken still looks scary on some of his snaps – will the rookie from Harvard beat him out? Garoppolo looked lost out there . . . he does have good arm strength but is unsure on his passes and the few inches shorter than he is compared TB and Mallet may make a difference in his vision – I do not see him as getting on the field this year, so they will be forced to keep Mallet as the backup and eat a roster spot. Sleeper of the camp – Wilson Van Hooser, this kid should make the PS as a walk on, good effort, ran nice routes, quick, and good hands – potential as a slot receiver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Day two at camp . . .  my impressions. 

Justin Jones is big and he can catch the ball – I’d say he has a good shot at being the 3rd TE if he is as good once they put the pads on. Tompkins looks like an all pro with his moves, speed and ability to catch the ball even when covered by Revis . . . high expectations for him this year – all the receivers looked good but LaFell was not as impressive as I was hoping for – Dobson and KT will play in front of him if they are healthy. Daxton Swanson looks like they have to find a roster spot for him . . . his coverage was great and he goes for the ball, have to wait to see how he tackles and can he play special teams – Ebner has no hands – Fitch and Amendola looked good fielding Allen’s punts as Allen was putting them a mile up with a lot of spin on the ball and both guys had no problem fielding the punts cleanly. Vereen looks bigger and faster than last year and he has a best hands out of the backfield . . . I think they will play him a lot more and he will put pressure on any LB trying to cover him. Offensive line jumped off-sides a few times and that worries me when they were not even in pads and hitting – are we going to miss Dante that much this year? Danny Aiken still looks scary on some of his snaps – will the rookie from Harvard beat him out? Garoppolo looked lost out there . . . he does have good arm strength but is unsure on his passes and the few inches shorter than he is compared TB and Mallet may make a difference in his vision – I do not see him as getting on the field this year, so they will be forced to keep Mallet as the backup and eat a roster spot. Sleeper of the camp – Wilson Van Hooser, this kid should make the PS as a walk on, good effort, ran nice routes, quick, and good hands – potential as a slot receiver.

[/QUOTE]

Terrific!  Thanks a for posting.  Hope Jones can continue to develop at TE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was yelling at him all the time last year? I didn't notice that. I do think that Brady's lack of compliments directed his way at his end of the year press conference was troubling (and surprising). I was at camp last year and Brady was always looking to throw to Amendola and establish that connection he had with Welker. As for Amendola during that camp last year...I thought he looked quick, I thought he looked like a very hard worker, but he wasn't a fast player that was getting open on the sidelines and he doesn't have good size despite being a little taller than Wes. Something did happen between these two - what I don't know - I'm not sure if it was just frustration by Brady for Amendola not being able to contribute like Wes would of, or if it was something personal. Either way I hope it works itself out because Amendola isn't going anywhere - you can thank his contract for that - and we are going to need him to be everything they thought they were getting when they signed him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Can Dobson still be put on pup?

ja was also not full speed last year, haven't heard about his recovery?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

Can Dobson still be put on pup?

ja was also not full speed last year, haven't heard about his recovery?

Thanks for the info Tenace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I have was there today.. Revis was a beast had 2 picks. Was pressing the receivers all morning. Amendola made a great catch up the seam great diving catch. Browner made some good physical hits, but Edelman also schooled him on an in cut. Are friend Jimmy G struggled and BB made him run a couple of laps, Mallett has a great arm but was picked as well. He continues to be trick or treat. Harmon made a nice pick as well. This new tall tight end we picked up dropped 2 brady passes that I could have caught. I think his number was 88 not sure. But he stunk. It ended with ghost nailing 45 yard FG's putting them in the upper bleachers. Them kicks would have been good from 55. Lol. Ridley made some people miss, along with Vereen as well. They look good. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]

I have was there today.. . This new tall tight end we picked up dropped 2 brady passes that I could have caught. I think his number was 88 not sure. But he stunk.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks . . .  that tall TE is Jones (6-7") . . . he is very raw  . . . but one of these guys has to step up and be our 3rd TE this year . . . although the coach is using James Develin more and more as the TE so he maybe the 3rd TE and blocking FB when they did one (playing a double role he will make up for our rookie QB who will on the 53 man roster but will never dress) . . . either Jones or Watson may end up on the PS this year if Develin is the 3rd TE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have was there today.. Revis was a beast had 2 picks. Was pressing the receivers all morning. Amendola made a great catch up the seam great diving catch. Browner made some good physical hits, but Edelman also schooled him on an in cut. Are friend Jimmy G struggled and BB made him run a couple of laps, Mallett has a great arm but was picked as well. He continues to be trick or treat. Harmon made a nice pick as well. This new tall tight end we picked up dropped 2 brady passes that I could have caught. I think his number was 88 not sure. But he stunk. It ended with ghost nailing 45 yard FG's putting them in the upper bleachers. Them kicks would have been good from 55. Lol. Ridley made some people miss, along with Vereen as well. They look good. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you notice anything from Zach Moore? Nothing from Reiss today in his observation piece was wondering if he did anything note worthy… good or bad?

Sections
Shortcuts