To be fair, the game was not robbed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

To be fair, the game was not robbed.

Pats didnt have it won YET. Would've been goal to goal, not a TD.

And to be honest, judging by the flow of the game, it wouldnt have surprised me to see Blount get stuffed to end the game if the flag was called.

I dont have the numbers, but I feel like the majority of our goalline TDs come from quick snaps....you wouldnt get that coming off a penalty and probably a time out by Carolina. I just dont trust Wendell and Connolly to beat Carolina's interior Dline in that type of situation.

And yes, I would assume a handoff to Blount as the Patriots final play should that have happened...with a potential Brady QB sneak audible if he saw what he liked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: To be fair, the game was not robbed.

Yes, let's just say that the refs bailed out NE for the second time on that drive, it then would have been a single goal line play against a great Carolina D that had been hitting Brady on nearly every play.  Just like in the Jets game, Pats fans like to think that a the refs call actually removed points from their board and had it gone the other way, points would have magically appeared for the win.  Just pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Brady QB sneak? Bottom line is nobody knows what would have happened but the flag was thrown and shouldn't have been picked up. Disgraceful call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady QB sneak? Bottom line is nobody knows what would have happened but the flag was thrown and shouldn't have been picked up. Disgraceful call.

[/QUOTE]

Im not disagreeing with you. Horrible call.

But the call didnt cost us the game...it costed us a chance of winning the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, let's just say that the refs bailed out NE for the second time on that drive, it then would have been a single goal line play against a great Carolina D that had been hitting Brady on nearly every play.  Just like in the Jets game, Pats fans like to think that a the refs call actually removed points from their board and had it gone the other way, points would have magically appeared for the win.  Just pathetic.

[/QUOTE]
    2nd time? Please explain yourself

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are a certifiable moron. You really are. It's the fact that both "controversial" calls ended the games. The Jets, a missed 55 yarder turned into a chip shot. Game over. This game over. Has nothing to do with whether or not they would have themselves scored. The fact is, they weren't given the opportunity. This, they threw the flag. They very well could have ended up losing both the Jets and  this game on their own. The NFL decided to not let them even have the chance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't care what anyone thinks this game was a rig job. the PI they called on McCourty was a joke and then to top it off the Referee picks up the flag and runs off the field on an obvious PI. Who really cares because just like the Jets game we all know that Carolina couldn't win with out HELP! Tewo bogus calls in the span of 5 minutes and each one benfitted Carolina same as the Jets game when foirst they called a stcking penalty on the Patriots and then to get the Jets closer they called a roughing penalty when Smith was pushed out of bounds while he was standing on the the field stripe marker for still being in bounds. So Carolina and the Jets get wins that neither one deserved and they have one other thing in common they are all proud about the wins as fans of these two mutt teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not disagreeing with you. Horrible call.

But the call didnt cost us the game...it costed us a chance of winning the game.

[/QUOTE]

ESPN showed a stat saying that NFL teams down 4-8 points on opp 1 with 0-5 secs left in the 4th have scored 5 TDs on 10 plays since 2001.

It was practically a coin toss they just disallowed to award the win to one team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the PI Dobson got, which I believe was a good call. He's an idiot. He'll get his when it comes, and it will. They all will.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Jet trolls everywhere. Don't they have their own team board?  Hey how bout those Bills?

Pats were robbed of the chance to win the game. Any football fan should be concerned at the call/noncall.  Bogus calls by refs should not decide a fate of a game. Refs need to be accountable. Film clearly support the penalty flag.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

How can Jets trolls even come here?  Dave and Busters trip made their team look like complete garbage against the Bills.  THE BILLS!  Losers.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Do Not-Do Not say anything else-Do Not put your opinuion out there.

DoNOT-because saying the Jets lost a game because they went to dave and Busters the night before a game is ridiculous.

DO NOT Say Another Word!    LOL

[/QUOTE]

No the Jet's lost because they are just mediocre.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Do Not-Do Not say anything else-Do Not put your opinuion out there.

DoNOT-because saying the Jets lost a game because they went to dave and Busters the night before a game is ridiculous.

DO NOT Say Another Word!    LOL

[/QUOTE]

Ummm....are you saying opinion or onion?? not sure...well actually I am..you are a complete moron who's only here to cause trouble and why the Mods spend all day making sure we can't say bannged but tolerate the likes of you is a total mystery to me.

Now. GTFOOH.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

GHOST!! How are ya my horribly accented neighbor from the North!?

Are you cryin' in your coffee like the rest of them this morning?

The pats looked mediocure and are going to get lit up like a Xmas tree against the Broncos! can't wait to watch that massacre!

[/QUOTE]

Give me the list of teams in the AFC East other than the Pats with a winning record. LMAO@U

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I agree, that no call  didn't cost us the game. Had  the correct call been made (holding), it would have  been an untimed down from the 13. No guarantee the Pats would  have scored, but they should have had the chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The pats looked mediocure and are going to get lit up like a Xmas tree against the Broncos!"

This is difficult to explain to a Jets fan but while you are enjoying the Broncos-Pats, you may want to keep in mind that to the Pats and their fans, the regular season is not the playoffs. 

We could easily lose to the Broncos next week, and yet be playing in January while you and your team are watching "The Good Wife" reruns and putting your Xmas tree out on the street for the garbage men.

So keep in mind that while the regular season is your team's playoffs, the acutal playoffs are our team's playoffs. 

It was interesting to hear blatant Jets fan Mike Greenberg condemn the refs and the call. There are degrees of a game being robbed, it has to do with how many times your team has to make it right AFTER the call in question and whether said call would have determined the outcome. 

Since the correct call would have put the Pats on the one yard line with one play, and since chances of converting that play are about 50 percent, there is about a 50 percent chance the officials robbed the Pats of the game. 

Of course it is always important to realize that you never want to put yourself in a position for the refs to decide the outcome of a game. That's why you have to put your foot on a team's neck and go into the final two minutes of a game with a signficant lead. 

If you don't, you run the risk of human error deciding outcome. The Pats bear a fair amount of responsibility for this loss, as tough as that feels. The players understand that, and their postgame interviews reflected this also. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Had  the correct call been made (holding), it would have  been an untimed down from the 13."

The ref with the closest look called pass interference. But technically you are correct, however, there were three different calls the refs could have made in that situations that would have resulted in three different ball placements, each with a different percentage chance of conversion. The contact was not dissimilar to the PI call that went against McCourty earlier in the game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Sorry Spanker- I don't read epically long winded posts where the writer just likes to hear himself talk."

no problem, I'll make it simple for you: 

"Keep in mind that while the regular season is your team's playoffs, the actual playoffs are our team's playoffs. "

I hope that didn't strain your ability to focus for longer than a few seconds. 

I have this theory that those who hang out in other fans forums were picked on as children. Care to confirm?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the PI Dobson got, which I believe was a good call. He's an idiot. He'll get his when it comes, and it will. They all will.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my! The wicked witch of Foxboro is making threats.

Sections
Shortcuts