http://www.scoresreport.com/2012/05/29/terrell-owens-gets-booted-by-the-team-he-owns/

Owens did not come cheap. He received a salary in the six figures, as well as a 30 percent stake in the team. But his presence didn't translate into butts in the seats. After a record crowd of 5,711 for Owens's Wranglers debut, attendance dropped back to less than half that for subsequent games. That's not enough to justify paying Owens what he was getting, and Allen was happy to take the out when it was provided.

Poor Little T, is this the ending paragraph in his wikipedia page for perpetuity when they discuss his football career? The controlling owner called him selfish as well. With all his baby drama and a totally damaged brand and rep, I don't see how things end up well for this guy. Where else will he ever make even 6 figures again? he skipped out on a scheduled visit to a local children's hospital, and refused to go on the road for 2 road games with playoff implications. he apparently became bored with football and likely depressed from due to total lack of interest by the nfl! 

"It was expressly written into Owens's contract that he didn't have to play away games unless paid by the other team to show up.".".. loved this line. but i'm sure the other teams would have been interested in paying him. still, the very fact he would write something like this in his deal and to enforce it during a playoff run says a lot. he made himself so much bigger than his entire team. the bottom line is that he had a very underwhelming 420 yards and 35 catches in EIGHT games, along with 10 TDs. still, we're talking arena football here.

"Owens did not come cheap. He received a salary in the six figures, as well as a 30 percent stake in the team. But his presence didn't translate into butts in the seats. After a record crowd of 5,711 for Owens's Wranglers debut, attendance dropped back to less than half that for subsequent games. That's not enough to justify paying Owens what he was getting, and Allen was happy to take the out when it was provided."

TO was separated from the rest of his stake and money. The man actually is broke. i suspect TO is like the guy who loves working at ESPN but really hates sports or his job. The man never really liked football but enjoyed fame. Its kinda of a sad cautionary tragedy!