To choke or not to choke?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

To choke or not to choke?

Did Peyton simply choke or was it more like he just wasn't clutch?

I for one don't care for stats period, aside from winning and losing because at the end of the day QB's are judged by W/L and being able to somehow elevate in the most crucial moments of the biggest games. It feels like forever now I've had to hear about how Peyton is the best ever and how hes a surgeon passing the football. While I do agree he is elite in that way I do doubt his clutch factor in big games as evident with his 9-9 post season record.

When talking about the the best ever QB's shouldnt the bling be a decisive factor as to who deserves that title above other factors?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: To choke or not to choke?

WHAT IS THE POINT? LOSE YOUR STEMMY OVER THOSE 3 SB'S WE ONCE ENJOYED? LET IT REST!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: To choke or not to choke?:
    WHAT IS THE POINT? LOSE YOUR STEMMY OVER THOSE 3 SB'S WE ONCE ENJOYED? LET IT REST!!!
    Posted by BADAZZ

Sore loser?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by BADAZZ

What's the point of your post, sadazz? If you don't bring anything to the table why not just STFU?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoker1. Show thejoker1's posts

Where is the butterfly ALFRED?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

This is exactly the point Deion Sanders was trying to make on NFLN and the others shot him down. They said he was being too harsh on poor Mr. Wonderful! But the truth hurts. When it's "balls to the wall" time, Manning fails to get it done repeatedly. How can you be the greatest ever, if when you need to step up the most you cannot. A QB is supposed to be the leader, thus being the "best ever" means sometimes you need to be at your best in the clutch. Every player has good days and bad days. But when your bad days always coincide with the most important ones you surely cannot be the "best".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

On point Bub. I have no problem with saying Payton could be the best ever QB in regular seasons, but surely he'd trade in his 4 mvp trophies for another ring. Who wouldn't?

At the time I swear was hoping the Pats would lose just 1 game in the undefeated 07 regular season because I believe they would have been better of with less press/records/pressure heading into the playoffs.

What i guess I'm alluding to is it is my belief that the only thing that matters is playoff success, especially for QB's.

I was hoping the Colts would have gone 16-0. Can you imagine as a Pats fan how much sweeter Peyton's pick 6 would have been if they were undefeated..lol is that even possible?lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: To choke or not to choke? : Sore loser?
    Posted by m1021us

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: To choke or not to choke? : What's the point of your post, sadazz? If you don't bring anything to the table why not just STFU?
    Posted by unclealfie

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Badazz, it's so easy to talk to people, why do you make it seem so hard?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

my guess is that Underdoggg is the only one who voted no so far

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Didn't you hear?  It was the O-line and WR's fault.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

This is exactly the point Deion Sanders was trying to make on NFLN and the others shot him down. They said he was being too harsh on poor Mr. Wonderful! But the truth hurts. When it's "balls to the wall" time, Manning fails to get it done repeatedly. How can you be the greatest ever, if when you need to step up the most you cannot. A QB is supposed to be the leader, thus being the "best ever" means sometimes you need to be at your best in the clutch. Every player has good days and bad days. But when your bad days always coincide with the most important ones you surely cannot be the "best".
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Well said.  The league and the press have been trying to turn this guy into the Babe Ruth or Tiger Woods of the NFL.  He isn't.  He's more like Greg Norman.  He's unquestionably a great regular season QB, but when the pressure really gets turned up, as in playoff football, he wilts 50% of the time.  He is not now and will never be the greatest ever.  Period.

Sections
Shortcuts