To draft J.J or not to draft J.J? (Janoris Jenkins)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

To draft J.J or not to draft J.J? (Janoris Jenkins)

Honestly i think B.B might take a chance on J.J but in the the middle or bottom of the second round. He has the physical skills to be a top corner in the league and thats what we really need. The reason i think we won't touch him in the first round not only because of his "red flags" but because mcourty is still a first round pick on the team, also we still have Ras-I who was a top second rounder and a bit of an unkown but he started the first game of the season last year so that shows you what they thnk of him. I also think the "GatorBoys" come in to play here, Hernandez and Spikes are from the same program and had some of the same issues, and have conformed to the patriot way so far, and i think B.B can use them along with the other vets to help keep there former team mate in-check.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: To draft J.J or not to draft J.J? (Janoris Jenkins)

if he's still there in the bottom of the second round then it would be worth it IMO...  the guy has mad cover skills but needs to grow up.  if anyone gets him on the right track it would be bb and the patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no thank you. The kid can't give up pot, women, or lying. He has no self control even if it would cost him millions. He's going to get himself suspended from more games then he might play. Not worth the risk and headache

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Heard Carl Banks on NFL radio today. He had some insightful thoughts that indirectly pointed to JJ. He was actually speaking about Morris Claiborne  and his low Wonderlik score.

he said that First and Foremost it was despicable that this was even leaked. But what i found interesting was that the kid has been exemplary on and off the field and Banks said "this tells GMs and coaches that regardless of the wonderlick score.. he is making right decisions"! He has never broken the law  ( Banks referenced  like other unnamed draft guys and actual players .. LT?) or had any incidents that are red flags. The point being is that the wonderlick is not a representation of character .

so if JJ is somewhat wonderlick ( football smart ) and is making these stupid life decisions what does this say of his character?

on another note my brother saw him play at Pahokee HS and said he was the best  damn HS football he ever saw !  better than Frank Gore and Steven Davis!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: To draft J.J or not to draft J.J? (Janoris Jenkins):
    if he's still there in the bottom of the second round then it would be worth it IMO...  the guy has mad cover skills but needs to grow up.  if anyone gets him on the right track it would be bb and the patriots.
    Posted by sporter81

i dont think he will make it past middle of 2nd round

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Teams will not take less talented guys because he has character issues. I can see him failing out of the first round , but not much further , if even that bad. CB is a premium position. Some team will take a chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I could see him in the first ten of the 2nd round if not in the first. I think he has less red flags than Hernandez who aint a bad player for us! - he couldn't clean up his act for the damn combine! JJ had a couple of possession busts 18 months ago - not the first or last college kid to have that problem. The children is a little more of an issue to me, but if he interviewed well ... I would definitely take the chance in the second.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Heard Carl Banks on NFL radio today. He had some insightful thoughts that indirectly pointed to JJ. He was actually speaking about Morris Claiborne  and his low Wonderlik score. he said that First and Foremost it was despicable that this was even leaked. But what i found interesting was that the kid has been exemplary on and off the field and Banks said "this tells GMs and coaches that regardless of the wonderlick score.. he is making right decisions "! He has never broken the law  ( Banks referenced  like other unnamed draft guys and actual players .. LT?) or had any incidents that are red flags. The point being is that the wonderlick is not a representation of character . so if JJ is somewhat wonderlick ( football smart ) and is making these stupid life decisions what does this say of his character? 
    Posted by mgraham

Agree w/ all of this. The kid has a learning disability and has never tried to hide it. If you've seen him play you'll realize that test score will not matter at all on Sundays cause that kid can flat play. As far as Jenkins if he fell into the 2nd rd I'd take a flier on him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I could see him in the first ten of the 2nd round if not in the first. I think he has less red flags than Hernandez who aint a bad player for us! - he couldn't clean up his act for the damn combine! JJ had a couple of possession busts 18 months ago - not the first or last college kid to have that problem. The children is a little more of an issue to me, but if he interviewed well ... I would definitely take the chance in the second.
    Posted by mia76

exactly.
    bb do his diligence and if he thinks he can help him with his off the field and use him as a potential shut down on the field, then take him wherever you need to to nab him before others do. top 10 talent, even with all these late stories, he may not even fall to 27. whenever there are negative stories as you get close to the combine it is usually because some teams are trying to get a player to fall to them.

by the way on another note. how many cb misses do we need to make beyond the numerous misses weve had at cb, before we take a player who has the on field skills (and who wed never have a shot at but for the off the field part).

or will we gonna just roll with will allen and mccourty at fs (and some other cb rookie potentially wasted pick[with our track record])

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

no thank you. The kid can't give up pot, women, or lying. He has no self control even if it would cost him millions. He's going to get himself suspended from more games then he might play. Not worth the risk and headache
    Posted by PatsEng

Amen, brother. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Jenkins was removed from the Pats' draft board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: To draft J.J or not to draft J.J? (Janoris Jenkins)":
    no thank you. The kid can't give up pot, women, or lying. He has no self control even if it would cost him millions. He's going to get himself suspended from more games then he might play. Not worth the risk and headache Posted by PatsEng
    Ditto. He is removed from my draft board all together. For where he could be selected, there are still several talented corners that I would rather have. I wouldn't be surprised if he Burficts out of this draft all together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NOT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We took Mallet in the third with his issues, if JJ falls to our second pick in the 2nd round, I think it would be a great pickup IF it works out. Would not take him in the first, no freaking way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

We took Mallet in the third with his issues, if JJ falls to our second pick in the 2nd round, I think it would be a great pickup IF it works out. Would not take him in the first, no freaking way.
    Posted by GadisRKO

if bb checked himout and is ok with him, id take him at 27 or 31

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

if he loves the ganja as much as he does. Kid will awlays be a doper, pass

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

If Al Davis was still around and Madden was coaching there is no doubt the Raiders would love to have Jenkins.

Sections
Shortcuts