TO: EVERYONE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

TO: EVERYONE

shut the hell up! if this is the reaction pats "fans" are going to have after every loss, then maybe you should find a team with lower expectations. you are all a bunch of spoiled brats. we lost. it happens. we've got atlanta at home next week. move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: TO: EVERYONE

Agreed. Look, they were outplayed, outcoached and outclassed. No argument. They need to work on some things. But they ran into a fired up Jets team that will probably be this years September Champs.

We got 14 more games. Let's at least get to the bye before we write this team off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to TO: EVERYONE:
    shut the hell up! if this is the reaction pats "fans" are going to have after every loss, then maybe you should find a team with lower expectations. you are all a bunch of spoiled brats. we lost. it happens. we've got atlanta at home next week. move on.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

In another post I attributed this to a "2007 Hangover".  With Brady back expectations are very high and, to this point, satisfaction low.  You'd think the season ended today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to TO: EVERYONE:
    Posted by FOWLER8196
    the pats are in need of a lot of work.hopefully they get it corrected soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: TO: EVERYONE:
    In Response to TO: EVERYONE : In another post I attributed this to a "2007 Hangover".  With Brady back expectations are very high and, to this point, satisfaction low.  You'd think the season ended today.
    Posted by agcsbill

You hit the nail on the had. They didn't finish the job in 2007, no Brady in 2008, so now in 2009 people expect to rewind to the 56 point performances. Not realistic.

Of course, a touchdown or two would be nice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

so it obvious there is work that needs to be done.why is it so hard to admit it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

so it obvious there is work that needs to be done.why is it so hard to admit it.
    Posted by mosseffect43

no one is denying that there is work to be done. what are you talking about?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the point is,you are telling people to shut up,or being spoiled.i dont think the season is over,but i will point out the negatives.im not spoiled for i remember the good ole days in the 70,s.but as a fan im just as competive as the team.i want to win every game,even though in reality it wont happen,or rarely does.and when they lose im just as upset as they are.they reveiw film to look at there mistakes.we look at the replays to see them.they talk about it as a team,we talk about it here as fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i agree with both of you guys. this team has a lot of new players, some new coaches, some key guys injured, and brady coming back from his injury. there is no way they were going to start out this season looking like 2007. the expectations were not realistic. so now we have all been brought back to earth, and the true pats fans will be here to watch them work out the kinks. i think it will take at least 6 games for them to hit their stride, and by then a lot of these johnny come lately fans will be gone, and good ridence. the true fans that were on here all off season are the one's i enjoy reading and conversing with, not the "sky is falling" and "we should have kept cassel and dropped brady" people who have been on here today.

by the way, did anyone notice that many of the "top tier" teams lost today? everyone is working things out...lets see whose standing in december. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

the point is,you are telling people to shut up,or being spoiled.i dont think the season is over,but i will point out the negatives.im not spoiled for i remember the good ole days in the 70,s.but as a fan im just as competive as the team.i want to win every game,even though in reality it wont happen,or rarely does.and when they lose im just as upset as they are.they reveiw film to look at there mistakes.we look at the replays to see them.they talk about it as a team,we talk about it here as fans.
    Posted by mosseffect43

theres a difference between being upset (like you) and writing this team off after week 2.  those are the people im talking about. no doubt this was not a good game and they need work, but some people are acting ridiculous. you and me are on the same page.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

no ive never wrote this team off.ive cheered every game when it was a 2-14,and 3-13 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

moss, i have to admit that you were talking about the possible lack of depth on this team all preseason and i think that so far it looks like you were right, especially on defense. the best case senario for the D i think is that the young players are able to contribute by the time mayo gets back on the field and they can start kicking on all cylinders. for all the talk of brace spelling wilfork or teaming with him to create a wall inside, i think he played 3 downs today and got turned around on all three.
    but in the end its all about brady, and it looks like its just going to take him some time to get back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Hey Moss whats up my friend - I remember those days!!! LOL - But we have had some great ones since then. Remember the days of LITTLE MAC HERRON?? That was a player with some heart!!!!!

Look people - I am not saying its over by no means...But I am going to speak my mind at all times. These are NFL coaches and they need to be held accountable as well as the players to us fans...If you can't get the job done move on!! I want an aggresive defense in New England and a running back that wants to run and RUN HARD!!!

The heck with all this tippee toe sh*t!! And let's get a defense that hits bit**es in the mouth!!!

The play calling is not accetable for the past few years and we need a pass rush...

And if it takes loosing your ego and going out and asking ROMEO to come back and trade a few second round picks for a bad a*s running back than go do it for the team!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I have been watching and following this team for as long as I have been able to understand the basics that is the game of football. Sadly, I have not been a fan for 30 plus seasons or anything crazy but I am only in my early 20's and have been following this team for over 15 years now.I have witnessed a few down seasons but mostly success. This team is built for success, this year and beyond. Yes there are problems, but anyone who thought they would go 19-0 earlier this offseason were crazy. I watched Peyton last year take 5 to 6 weeks after coming off knee surgery. Brady will do the same thing. Defense will be better when Mayo gets back. In the meantime Guyton will get some much needed experience which will help the D later in the year and I believe the post-season. Yes, Brady was pressured today but I do not believe he got sacked once today. I agree with most of the posters on this thread, the sky is not falling but we do have some work to do.

Oh and I am not impressed with Joey Galloway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

There are a few teams out there with some pretty darn good back up backs...And they are young as well...

Brady can't throw every down...Taylor looked ok today when they ran. If he had his old speed he would have broken 2 runs possibly?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPat27. Show BigPat27's posts

Man we haven't done anything ever since they busted us with the video taping!!!  Shoot!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Yah, why don't you shut up or better yet come back next week if you don't like the post's this week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Hey Moss whats up my friend - I remember those days!!! LOL - But we have had some great ones since then. Remember the days of LITTLE MAC HERRON?? That was a player with some heart!!!!! Look people - I am not saying its over by no means...But I am going to speak my mind at all times. These are NFL coaches and they need to be held accountable as well as the players to us fans...If you can't get the job done move on!! I want an aggresive defense in New England and a running back that wants to run and RUN HARD!!! The heck with all this tippee toe sh*t!! And let's get a defense that hits bit**es in the mouth!!! The play calling is not accetable for the past few years and we need a pass rush... And if it takes loosing your ego and going out and asking ROMEO to come back and trade a few second round picks for a bad a*s running back than go do it for the team!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

LOL  I was willing to say hmm ok maybe yeah hmm ok maybe as i was reading along down your post. The you pulled out the Romeo card and lost ALL credibility.

Too funny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

And I know the defense hasn't given up much - Point wise...But they are allowing some long drives which keeps our offense off the field.. We have the type of offense right know that needs to be on the field staying in sinc. Plus when a defense knocks a few people out and records a few sacks it pumps up the whole team including the fans...And it can cause a few turnovers as well.

LET'S BRING THE WOOD NEXT WEEK!!!!! Heck can we just play it Monday night??? I want to see a few Falcons get knocked the f**k out!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPat27. Show BigPat27's posts

Man we haven't done anything ever since they busted us with the video taping!!!  Shoot!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Be nice - The players rallied around old ROMEO....I just think he would help BB settle down and get back to coaching an aggressive defense...

Thats why I mentioned Romeo...Heck I would take Weiss back as well...

I think BB neeeds these guys??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

BB needs to go back and watch some old Giants film and some old Patriot film as well...

We need a fullback and a tailback...Get back to some I formation with some nice play action passes with the threat of a run and that will open it up....

Don't get me wrong - I love the spread but we need to force teams to work on more stuff to defend our offense...

Know you see why I wanted Vick or someone like him athletic wise..Wildcat would have been a wrinkle the Jets would have had to plan for...When Vick was available to come back. But thats another story...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Well people - Let's get ready for next week - GO PATS!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Posted by BigPat27

OMG I hear ya. We've only gone 29-6 since then. Shoot!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

This may turn out to be a God send.  It might light a fire under the Pats and get them stoked.  Granted, I really was looking for 19-0, but a SB win will suffice.  it's only one game.  TB is still getting back into swing.  The D held but needs work, we all knew that.  But we have to give them a chance to gel.  There are a lot of new parts to the D, so give 'em some time.  I'm sure this win will make the Jets think they're invincible, but come December, they'll be at the bottom again.  No worries.

Sections
Shortcuts