To explosive to be sitting on the Practice Squad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

To explosive to be sitting on the Practice Squad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWtizMV6Xc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: To explosive to be sitting on the Practice Squad

He looks good but he's lucky to be alive with some of those throws into coverage by his QB. Man, he can take a hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

I agree he really had a good camp and preseason I like what he brings to the table the problem is we have explosive tate and edleman .. welker coming back with Moss extra nasty... hernandez is basically a beast wideout playing a tight end super explosive. gronky... sooo not sure how much he would play.... but i agree what a stud i hope he makes it on the field in a regular season game and show us something....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he was plagued in college by a rarity at Miami, QBs that didn't live up to their expectations

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Glad he's back with the team.

One question. If he is too explosive to be on the practice squad how come not one team in the entire NFL signed him to their active roster, as of right now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Maybe he can be converted into a running back?  Great speed. Not only takes a hit, dishes 'em out.  Get rid of Maroney and BJGE.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He had a couple great plays in the pre-season but I also know a number of other WR's that looked great during pre-season and never sniffed a regular season game.

What I saw out of him was a raw player with potential much like Price, Tate, Jackson, Childress, Nunn. Point being pre-season is pre-season and he didn't beat out Tate, Edelman, Welker, or Moss. Slater is the ST player they decided to keep instead of Alexander or Aiken so Jenkins wasn't going to replace him. It boiled down to Price or Jenkins and they didn't spend a 3rd on Jenkins.

Now he does have the potential to develop into a #2/3 WR but at worst I see him as PS material and at best currently he's an insurance policy against injury or if Tate/Price don't continue to develop, maybe trade bait for a desperate team later on. I just don't see him as a long term WR for the team with Welker, Edelman, Tate, Hernandez, and Price all signed for the foreseeable future

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Price would never slip to the practice squad.  Jenkins just did. 

If Jenkins really becomes more valuable, the Patriots' front office will give him a contract while he's sitting on the practice squad.  That's how they put golden handcuffs on 2009 seventh rounder Darrell Richard around last December 15.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

This is why Jenkins is on the practice squad. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a398fe/Jenkins-66-yard-TD

He couldn't beat out Price.  Watch Price catch up to him on his TD run.

The Colts let go Brandon James from Florida.  There are a lot of these guys around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: To explosive to be sitting on the Practice Squad:
    Glad he's back with the team. One question. If he is too explosive to be on the practice squad how come not one team in the entire NFL signed him to their active roster, as of right now?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

So did Troy Brown

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

This is why Jenkins is on the practice squad.  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a398fe/Jenkins-66-yard-TD He couldn't beat out Price.  Watch Price catch up to him on his TD run. The Colts let go Brandon James from Florida.  There are a lot of these guys around.
    Posted by TampaPete

thanks for providing that link. i don't get to see much of the games (either it's not shown here or i am too busy). but i am really encouraged by what i saw on that clip.

the giants secondary was huffing and puffing trying to catch up to jenkins and here comes price who was keeping up and making it look really easy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: To explosive to be sitting on the Practice Squad : So did Troy Brown
    Posted by quinzpatsfan

...and the logic here is?

When did the discussion become about Troy Brown? You trying to say he's as good as Troy Brown?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Tampa - thanks for that link..

Wow - Price's speed showed in that video - hopefully, he can run his routes and catch...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Tampa - thanks for that link.. Wow - Price's speed showed in that video - hopefully, he can run his routes and catch...
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

that's what I hoping too. didn't see much of him preseason

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Glad he's back with the team. One question. If he is too explosive to be on the practice squad how come not one team in the entire NFL signed him to their active roster, as of right now?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

cauz he is raw talent and no one highers raw talent right now, teams plug immediate holes. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: To explosive to be sitting on the Practice Squad :   cauz he is raw talent and no one highers raw talent right now, teams plug immediate holes. 
    Posted by akius

LOL The question was rhetorical. But thanks :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Posted by Low-FB-IQ

That's the right question.  There are several WR-needy teams out there.  He needs time, might develop, might not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

OK point made.....I agree but who do we get rid of or who loss's palytime to him............Moss, Welker , Price , Edleman , Tate, There is only one ball to go around........offense isn't a concern.........we should be petrified with the corners we are putting on the field............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

OK point made.....I agree but who do we get rid of or who loss's palytime to him............Moss, Welker , Price , Edleman , Tate, There is only one ball to go around........offense isn't a concern.........we should be petrified with the corners we are putting on the field............
    Posted by EASON11

Slater

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

Athletic talent, yes, but he needs to learn to catch the ball with his hands. In college, you can cradle the ball in your stomach, which is what we see most of in  his highlight reel, but with pro arms (like Brady's), those balls are going to bounce off your shoulder pads and become INT's.

Excellent backup talent for PS though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss MikeReiss Also looks like Pats added a tight end to the practice squad, No. 84. Should have an announcement later today from team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Pats are fairly deep at WR. Good base to build around, but who knows. Can he beat a bump? Run precise routes? Find a soft spot in a zone? Run an "option" route in the way the QB expects? Fast off the snap? Many reasons can keep a physically gifted athlete off the field. That being said, maybe in a year or two he develops into a legit NFL WR. You can't teach speed or big play ability, hopefully he can learn what he's lacking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

he reminds me of david patten

Sections
Shortcuts