To fix...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smartacer. Show smartacer's posts

To fix...

they need to start by acknowledging brady s-c-k-e-d big time today and all season long.. if they continue to overlook brady's lacklustre 2nd half in games this season and throwing interceptions every game... pats will never win big games again...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: To fix...

It's the play calling.  I've been saying it all year, and many others have as well.  Its simply awful.  Predictable, bland, and easy to adjust to.  They need a fresh offensive mind in here to mix things up a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'll agree the play calling this year was miserable, which doesn't help Brady. The offense this year seemed very predictable, no innovation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Wow, the Pats OC has made average defenses look good all year, but this was a new level.  The Ravens defense is not what it used to be, but we made them look even better than the good old days.  If BB does not send him packing today before leaving the stadium then BBmay need to go himself.  Brady did throw the one stupid pick, but the other two both hit receivers hands (hard catches, but that is all Brady can do).  The bottom line was Baltimore taking advantage of turnovers and starting drives inside NE 20 and NE could not capitalize on turnovers and midfield starts.  Despite that first quarter, NE still had chances, just couldn't do anything.  Why not try to take momentum with a hurry up to start the second quarter, not so much to panic, but more to change a lot of bad things happening.  I think they move the ball better in the hurry up anyway, which is probably because the QB has more say in what play is running and takes NE's biggest handicap away (the OC).

They have to get rid of the guys who dont have heart, starting with Moss and Thomas.  On a positive note, Edelmen is going to be good and if NE can squeek into the playoffs next year teams will have to deal with a Welker who should be about 6 games into his recovery and Edelmen on the field at the same time.  

The defense was also a positive, despite giving up 33 points, as most of them were on 20 yard drives.  One kind of got the feeling that without the mistakes Baltimore would have had a hard time moving the ball.  Take away the first play (I know you cannot because it did happen, even with a blatent block in the back) and NE held them to less yards rushing than any team all year.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

we need 1. Pass rushers 2. Pass rushers, and 3. Pass rushers!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

We'll see next year.  He was coming off major knee surgery and multiple injuries this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

DUAL THREAT RUNNING BACK

Faulk = shotgun
    Maroney = singleback off-tackle
    Taylor = run

They need a running back that is a threat to do anything at any time he's on the field.  They also need to get Brady back under center for more of his passes so the run is still a threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

For people to expect Brady to just shred defenses when Ray Lewis is running unblocked up the A gap, well, then think again. Teams only go as far as the big uglies take them, and frankly the Pats need help on both sides of the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Josh McD was horrible when he first held the unofficial OC position so maybe there is hope for the present clod of sod.  You'd think that Tom B could come up with better calls and a gameplan during the week given the time that he had with Weiss and McD and with his rep for being another "coach on the field."  Any Madden NFL whiz could have done a better job this season if they'd had the reins. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

No.  there is not hope.  i bet MAJOR changes in coaching staff.  I agree the playcalling was bad, i think now we do something different.  I personally wish they would send Randy Moss packing, find 2 receivers.  Trade draft picks if you have to.  Brandon "me first" Marshall is looking pretty good.  I want a switch to a 4-3, we seem to work better with guys singled up that way.  I am looking for NO TRADES in this years draft.  Get me some O line guys (fire Light), Some D line guys (Let Wilfork leave) a corner (kill Wilhite and sign Bodden) and whatever else looks good.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

smartacer.....you speak about Brady......that is a symptom.....not "the Problem".  If your car keeps breaking down....do you blame the engine???  No there's underlying reasons like lack of maintenance, etc.  The problem on offense ....at least today it was exposed.....was "0" depth at WR.  Additionally there is a fundamental problem in defending against the A Gap blitz.    That part is puzzling to me because of the great reputation of our interior 3 lineman.  Overrated??

Bigger issue on defense.  They may need to upgrade ..... look at the Jets D.....literally every guy is a stud.  The Jets (I don't hate them .....but I'm no fan) may run right by them next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

on offense:

have to agree with the folks here who raise issue witht he offensive play calling. i think that is just one manifestation of not having a strong offensive coordinator. i believe the offense's problems this year goes back to something more basic, the philosophy itself. many have been calling for more balance, but we have to ask if they are even built to consistently run a balanced, unpredictable offense?

if you go the entire pre-season saying that this will be an offense that centers around brady moss and welker and basicaly pass 40% of the balls to the two receivers, how can the rest of the guys take ay rust off their catching? when passes to welker and moss don't work, what do they have to fall back on?

the rb did not get enough reps to figure things, so th running game can't develop throug the season. the other receivers don't even know what a real game catch feels like. with a so-so oc, would brady even have any faith on an out-of-the-box play call, or would he insist on going for the bread and butter?

what i am saying is that the play calling is also a function of what the team is confident they can execute with little chance of error. that play gets defined as early as pre-season and reinforced throughout the regular season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

i'd go back to the old formula on offense where you have a strong o-line and no superstars - rb, wr and te - just hard-working grinders.

moss can stay but only if he is treated equal to the others in play time and opportunities. somehow the other wrs have to feel that hey can earn their playtime. i don't think other wr's believe that with moss around.

welker will be around but edelman will be the slot receiver.

faulk should stay even if just to remind the new guys how the game should be played by playing like he did today, grinding for one or two yards even after three defenders wrap him up.

i say morris and taylor is taking up roster spots that should be given to more productive players. they need two backs -- an every down rb (to me that means a back who not only can get yards and is a homerun threat, but can also block. he can be about speed or about power but excellent in what he does), and one that complements the main back. maroney is neither a power back or a speed guy. in my poinion he can stay, but he will probably not be starter.

lastly, let there be one more receiver. what kind, depends on whether moss stays still has desire to play well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Also..can't just throw Bill O'Brien under the bus.  There are bigger problems. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Hollywood Brady has no focus. He bends over backwards to look for Moss who won't go over the middle. How he threw some of those passes today was unbelieveable for a supposed top QB. He has also been putting his receivers in very dangerous positions this year by leading them right into huge hits. Well Brady and BB can get thier early rest this year like they "enjoyed" last year. Remember when the Pats didn't make the playoffs last year and BB said it would be good to get some rest since they went so deep into the playoffs the previous years. What coach says that unless they've lost focus. Never be happy with missing the playoffs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

I have to defend Watson and Baker, the OC does not know how to call plays to utilize them any other way except blocking and that is why they did not show up regularly in catching balls. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

To Do. The same thing they've been doing for years, win more than you loose. Add a few mid-range veterans, loose a few top players, develop some younger players, and add one of the top five free agent linebackers. 

Oh, don't let Bill or Tom retire. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Heal up in the offseason; get an OC, and do what proftom just said...and take a run at Peppers, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Oh, yeah, jettison Thomas; I bet even Ryan wouldn't want that goldbricker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I would look at bringing in some younger coaches with new concepts. Build some depth at WR; how much better would Edelman have been (less drops) if he had more game time? You can't just burn out two receivers and expect them to last a full 16+ games. Last theres no synergy here, no leaders on field, no one taking responsibility for blown assignments.

Try again next year... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Player priority Defense: 
    1)  Edge pass rusher (love Tully, but come on man...)
    2)  Another CB (Springs long in the tooth, Bodden may be gone, Butler has upside, and Wilhite is in the realm of Chris Canty - 'nuff said)
    3)  ILB (Guyton doesn't appear to be an every down guy - do think Mayo has a bright future, and bringing in Jr doesn't add much to the mix)

Player priority Offense:
    1)  A legit 3rd WR (Moss will be ok, two outstanding slot guys, need a buner w/hands)
    2)  Baker can block and is short $$ (Watson is gone - several excellent TEs in this year's draft - Dustin Kellar"esque" would be a nice addtion)
    3) OL is ok (Light and Vollmer at the tackles, maybe a Koppen replacement moving forward, and Neal can't stay on the field)
    4)  This team won two SBs w/adequate RBs, and that is what they have now.  Least of the concerns.  Need great defenses...period. 

Coaching:
    1)  Coordinators do need to be looked at BUT was it also a personnel concern??  That is on BB.  Who do you bring in that knows the system and has experience?  Or do you go the other way, change everything and bring in a M.Martz-type guy?
    2)  Maybe promote Pepper to DC?  Lot of time to stew over this season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilMick. Show LilMick's posts

Replace Bill with Bill Cowher. Get good LB's (Guyton and B-Cain are not everydown backers, sorry - there good keep on the squad) so you can run a 3-4. Kick Hollywood Tom in the fanny (he's back in the pocket like he's taking a walk on the beaches of Brazil with horse-face). Replace Morris/Taylor/Maroney with 2 productive RB's. They need a solid #3 WR option. finally, get a qualified OC in there. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Baker stinks. Jet cast-off.
    The other free agent picks like Galloway, Alex Smith....pllllease.
    BB has lost it as a personnel guy. Maybe they just aren't working it as hard as they used to.
    I would hate to see AT get booted out, Ryan  pick him up cheap, and he looks good. That would be horrible.