T.O. in New England?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: T.O. in New England?

how can he take a pay cut to play here when no team is willing to pay him anything at all?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Somehow I just don't see him being happy having to share the offense with Randy and Wes! Not to mention the huge distraction it would be once guys like ESPN got ahold of it! Holt is the perfect veteran to play opposite of Moss. What they really need is for the defense to get their act together! I for one would be very surprised if they even considered signing a guy like him. He doesn't just have an attitude problem, he has psycological problems!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Not much chance of this happening. Unlike last year, the Pats appear to be loaded at WR, with Moss, Welker, Torry Holt, Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, Sam Aiken, and David Patten.

That said, I kind of feel bad for TO...and would like to see him have a chance wiith Brady on a one year, incentive based contract. But, if that happens, who goes? Plus, the Patriots are trying to get younger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

This is TO talking, not the Pats. He is looking for a home and trying to get some help from Pats fans. Not likely to happen. "I know Randy Moss, and you sir are no Randy Moss!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

this crap has been discussed on more than 10 other threads. read them and you'll find out no real Pats fan wants that deadbeat in NE. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If it was going to happen Belichick would've had TO in camp already. Unless a WR goes down in camp (God forbid that happens), I can't see the Pats signing TO. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Maybe Jim Gray is already on this and we'll have another 'THE DECISION' show on Espn like they did with that Fraud Bron!  that's if any teams are even interested in TO's services of course. 
    It would be pretty sick though to see MOSS  / HOLT / OWENS / WELKER on the same field together along with our Rookie TE's!  Defenses would be pointing to each other saying 'who do you got...'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He's been giving the same radio interviews all over the country, the guy is desperate for a job.  At 36 his skills have greatly diminished, he's a locker room cancer, and WR is not an area of need for the Pats at this point.  No way they cut one of the young guys for this punk. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Just say NO to TO!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I'll take Buddy Farnham over TO, great slot guy. Too bad there is no room for him on the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This from TO:

07:31 AM ET 07.15 | T.O. upped the ante by lowering his fee, at lease for the right opportunity. Owens told WJMN radio Wednesday that he'd "definitely be open" to joining the Patriots. The Patriots haven't said anything or hinted at all about signing the controversial wide-out, but he could be a viable option especially with Wes Welker's uncertain return timetable following knee surgery. Here's the best part: T.O. is willing to catch passes in Foxboro at a discounted rate, proving he's willing to take less money in order to have a chance to win -- kind of like that LeBron James fellow. "I'm like LeBron," he said. "I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I know everyone loves hating TO. But he is still in top physical shape, and would still thrive if he was put with Wrs that also demanded the defense attention 100 percent of the plays. Him and Moss across from each other, would be game over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. in New England?:
    I'll take Buddy Farnham over TO, great slot guy. Too bad there is no room for him on the Pats.
    Posted by NYC

yes for buddy. i'm sure he'll take slater's place on end up on the PS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

IM all for it.you can never have enough good depth.outside moss the pats receivers are question marks.welker is on track but will he be the same welker before his injury?holt could be solid,or another galloway.patten is done.the rookies are what they are.edelman had a couple good games.so yes the receiveing corp is still a concern.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Diminishing skills or not he is bettewr than any receiver on this team aside from Moss & Welker. Brady would lay 50 points per game all season and in the playoffs wioth these guys. He's a little like when Moss came, less money, willing to prove himself. Moss, Brady and the Pats went on to make history with the highest scoring team ever and just a minute shy of winning the SB.
    Like him or hate him. adding TO to this team would be unfair to the rest of the league. He didn't flourish up in Buffalo, but he didn't have Moss opposite with Welker and Brady throwing the ball. He also kept his mouth shut the whole season. He'd be very happy here. No way he'd cause any problems, not this late in his career.I'd take him in a heartbeat (on THIS team, THIS year)
    Wouldn't want to see Colts or Ravens, or SD take him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Could end up in carolina now:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/16/jon-beason-changes-his-tune-on-to/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

He's too much of a cry baby to play in New England.

In Response to T.O. in New England?:
    TO opens up and says hes open to coming to the patriots and playing for Belichick and Brady. He would take less money and lesser role to play here. Will it ever happen? I for one dont want him on the team but the idea of having Moss and TO with welker on the same field would be tough for any defense. http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2127302/definitely-be-open-playing-pats
    Posted by Boston-kyle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

He's better that David and Tory........Period

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He wuld be on the team by now if BB thought he brought real value.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

What I wonder is why the Bills havn't re-signed him. They have lots of coin. In TO's defense he isn't a problem off the field. He's pretty generous and does a lot for charity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The guy is an egotistical moron with bad hands who has been a poison in every locker room where he's played. I am mystified why anyone would want this loser on the Patriot's roster!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Why not on TO. I dont like the guy but he can stilll play some football, also, he is a big reciever opposite Moss.....DANGERIOUS!  he acts up, cut him......not gonna cost you much and there is tremendous upside....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

The second TO starts complaining that Tom isn't throwing at him enough...  Or, he drops a few catchable passes people would start calling for his head.  TO's presence draws unnecessary media/reality show type of focus centering on an aging player with minimal upside.  We need to focus on our youth and not someone like TO.