1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

To my brother veterans. . . .

Happy, healthy and respectful Veterans Day to you all.

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: To my brother veterans. . . .

In response to ATJ's comment:

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

Thanks and same to you.

JJD, USA '83-'06

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Same to you ATJ and all other Vets!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thank you to all the vets and those currently serving

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Thanks to all. Much appreciated.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Thanks to the vets. USAF '69-72.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Same to you ATJ! 

USMC 

FRecon 88-94

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Thanks to all of you who have made and still make our life safer and allow us to have the freedoms we have. You should be honored every day not just on Veterans Day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Much appreciation for job most would not have the courage to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Thanks to all ...... USMC, 8 active plus 2 Active Naval Air Reserve at home. 62 -72

and your service number is? .... bet you still know it, eh

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Thanks for your service and to all veterans who have ever put on the uniform. 

USA (68w20) Medic 04-10, USAR 10-12 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamfran1. Show iamfran1's posts

Actually  themightypatriots in my 31 year active/reserve career I never really was directly or indirectly responsible for killing anyone.  That changed when I deployed to Afghanistan as a civilian enabler with a battalion to provide intelligence support.  Nearly every Marine that went outside the wire could have been my son/daughters ages.  It took me about 4 1/2 months to really figure out how the Taliban fought on our AO.  I could then provide accurate information to the companies and the scout sniper platoon that resulted in several IED emplaceers being killed in the act of emplacing IEDs.  The IEDs they emplaced were victim-operated; that is the device can be initiated by anyone stepping on it to include local nationals or animals.  So I haven't lost too much sleep over the insurgents we killed but I often think of the young Marines/Afhgan soldier/civilians we lost or are now single, double or triple amputees.  

I'm a big "Patsies" fan; attended my first Pats game at Boston College Alumni Stadium.  I really enjoy reading some of the well thought out football posts.

Go Navy beat Army :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to iamfran1's comment:

Actually  themightypatriots in my 31 year active/reserve career I never really was directly or indirectly responsible for killing anyone.  That changed when I deployed to Afghanistan as a civilian enabler with a battalion to provide intelligence support.  Nearly every Marine that went outside the wire could have been my son/daughters ages.  It took me about 4 1/2 months to really figure out how the Taliban fought on our AO.  I could then provide accurate information to the companies and the scout sniper platoon that resulted in several IED emplaceers being killed in the act of emplacing IEDs.  The IEDs they emplaced were victim-operated; that is the device can be initiated by anyone stepping on it to include local nationals or animals.  So I haven't lost too much sleep over the insurgents we killed but I often think of the young Marines/Afhgan soldier/civilians we lost or are now single, double or triple amputees.  

I'm a big "Patsies" fan; attended my first Pats game at Boston College Alumni Stadium.  I really enjoy reading some of the well thought out football posts.

Go Navy beat Army :)

Boo Navy! Go Army!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

Back at Ya ATJ.  :)

NCPatsFan1971,   USAF '63-'67

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Thanks to all of you for your service, both past and present.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

To all you veterans: We owe you all a tremendous debt of gratitude for helping ensure that the rest of us have an opportunity to reach our potential, raise our families, and be good neighbors and citizens in a peaceful and prosperous country. From my family to you and yours, thank you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Yes, much appreciation and thanks to the board service members past, present and future. Enjoy your day and well deserved recognition for all you do for the country."

perfectly said, agreed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brother veterans I hope your day was as fun as mine. Thanks for your service which includes my son. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Best wishes to all veterans from both my countries this Veterans/Remembrance Day. 

Here's a picture of the Vimy Memorial in Saskatoon, which I snapped earlier today, with flag at half-mast in honour of those who lost their lives in combat.

Sections
Shortcuts