1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: To my brother veterans. . . .

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not disagreeing with you Tomhab, on that level, but I still think something is lost. Get that guinea pig feeling

[/QUOTE]

billge I guess it comes down to priorities is it better to be safer or free.  Longer check in times at the Airport, Camera's on the street means you can no longer just sell nickle bags in the Common anymore, but it also means you can lay a Crockpot in the middle of a crowded sidewalk. 

This is all fault of technology not the Government.  If you get in a bar fight someone in the bar is going to video tape it on their Smart Phone and post if on line.  Don't worry someone will soon invent a shield that will hid terrorist from video cameras...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Understand  and agree Tom World has changed dramatically ilast couple of decades

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brainwashed sheep.  How many civilians has the United States military murdered in the past 100 years?

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Happy, healthy and respectful Veterans Day to you all.

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, same to you.

PWL, USAF 68-92

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

[/QUOTE]

Dang. Missed this thread. Same to you too Shipmate

USN '95 - '03

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

[/QUOTE]

USN '95 - '03

[/QUOTE]

Never too late to pass along a Vets Day greeting to a Shipmate.  Thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Shame on you for signing up to kill people

[/QUOTE]

And we have found the loser of the forum, right here!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I never saw this thread.

US Navy '77 to '81 and proud to have served.  

A shout out to all the vets no matter the day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I missed this thread. Thanks. And it was a pleasure to serve, and work on planes that dropped nukes and could annilihate our enemies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

USN '95 - '03

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    well chum, you know what they say. better late than never. even though my company doesn't give us that day as a holiday I took it off so I could go see some of the fellahs up at the va hospital here in the boston area. again, sorry I missed your origional post bro. and you ARE my bro.

Hammer 68-72

101st avation bn

whooooooooooooouh!

ps. by the way, since I haven't spoken to you in quite a while "butch" let me be the first to wish you and yours a very merry xmas and a happy new year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt.

[/QUOTE]

Ironic with posts like his that he is a PATRIOT fan and posting on a PATRIOT forum.  There is nothing mighty about that guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt.

[/QUOTE]

Ironic with posts like his that he is a PATRIOT fan and posting on a PATRIOT forum.  There is nothing mighty about that guy.

[/QUOTE]

It is ironic.

I actually understand where he's coming from. But the problem isn't the vets, so his crapping on them is disgusting. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

My hat will always be off to the many that had the courage to serve. Mightyscum will not get a reaction from me in this thread....it isn't about him.

Words can not describe the thanks I feel for all the vets, and what they have allowed my life to be like.......free.

Vets are, and always will be the biggest heroes that walk the roads of this country.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am not going to defend Mighty nor am I going to condemn him.  I won't speak for any other veteran but one of the reasons that I devoted the best years of my life to the USN was so that our country could remain, as tanbass said, free.  That means people are free to express their views without fear of reprisal or retribution from the government.  Mighty had something to say and he said it.  It would have been my preference that he expressed himself differently and perhaps in a different thread or even a different forum but he chose this one. So be it.  

Thanks to all who posted on this thread.  Quite frankly never thought it would be active for over 3 weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not going to defend Mighty nor am I going to condemn him.  I won't speak for any other veteran but one of the reasons that I devoted the best years of my life to the USN was so that our country could remain, as tanbass said, free.  That means people are free to express their views without fear of reprisal or retribution from the government.  Mighty had something to say and he said it.  It would have been my preference that he expressed himself differently and perhaps in a different thread or even a different forum but he chose this one. So be it.  

Thanks to all who posted on this thread.  Quite frankly never thought it would be active for over 3 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

I dug it back up to give mighty his famous crying baby back at him. Smile

I stand by his right to be disgraceful in a misbegotten attempt to champion right. Don't have to like it though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Thanks  USMC  1978-82   ANGLICO- Camp Lejeune -French Creek/4TH Marines-Okinawa  ANGLICO stands for Air and Naval Gunfire Liason Company, works with Recon

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks  USMC  1978-82   ANGLICO- Camp Lejeune -French Creek/4TH Marines-Okinawa  ANGLICO stands for Air and Naval Gunfire Liason Company, works with Recon

[/QUOTE]

ANGLICO....Yes. On my 2nd tour in VN, I was 3 flights short of the max which gets you home or 12 months whichever comes first. Was then assigned on the ground (every pilots duty,at least once) as a FAO with a Marine Recon Battalion. The Marines were the only Service having landing fields in Country, USAF came out of Laos and Thailand, Navy from Carriers. We needed the Navy style F4C undercarriage and folding wings on our Jets, just in case...Long story.

Yes, It was working with the Recons and ANGLICO when I found out what the Marine Corps was really like, tough, feared, smart with great leadership in the ranks! Just Give the Navy boys the call and the exact COORDS and they always came through for us. The Marine Path finders would tip us off to the enormous increase of heavy enemy forces just ahead, which - at the time - we didn't know was the start of the Viet led, TET Offensive. Sorry for long rant ...

A word for the few who think the Armed forces are killers? Just spend 10 minutes with Marines or Army, going through Villages where the NVA & VC killed people unmercifully, abused and molested women and take your children, used as shields. This is why the USA took the Diplomatic Stance of ordering all villagers away from their own fields and into guarded camps, for their own good, most refused to do this. I Hope that helps you to understand. Politics is another thing for another time.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread ATJ but perhaps an anecdote needs to be told? Thanks again to all the Vets and supporters, too ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ANGLICO....Yes. On my 2nd tour in VN, I was 3 flights short of the max which gets you home or 12 months whichever comes first. Was then assigned on the ground (every pilots duty,at least once) as a FAO with a Marine Recon Battalion. The Marines were the only Service having landing fields in Country, USAF came out of Laos and Thailand, Navy from Carriers. We needed the Navy style F4C undercarriage and folding wings on our Jets, just in case...Long story.

Yes, It was working with the Recons and ANGLICO when I found out what the Marine Corps was really like, tough, feared, smart with great leadership in the ranks! Just Give the Navy boys the call and the exact COORDS and they always came through for us. The Marine Path finders would tip us off to the enormous increase of heavy enemy forces just ahead, which - at the time - we didn't know was the start of the Viet led, TET Offensive. Sorry for long rant ...

A word for the few who think the Armed forces are killers? Just spend 10 minutes with Marines or Army, going through Villages where the NVA & VC killed people unmercifully, abused and molested women and take your children, used as shields. This is why the USA took the Diplomatic Stance of ordering all villagers away from their own fields and into guarded camps, for their own good, most refused to do this. I Hope that helps you to understand. Politics is another thing for another time.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread ATJ but perhaps an anecdote needs to be told? Thanks again to all the Vets and supporters, too ....

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing Palookaski--for those that never had to fight in a war how can there be any understanding?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

I did 10 years, USAF HC-130 Navigator. Combat Search and Rescue. I spend everyday thankful I'm no longer in the military, for reasons that truly sadden me. However, the bigger sad part to me is the Korea and Vietnam guys. I get giddy when I see a Korea vet, since most people could care less. Ditto for the Nam guys, who I swear to this day still get looks of derision from people of their own age. I don't want to hear the sad sap stories about how the Nam guys committed atrocities. I submit to you the Bataan death march (WW2 I know) or numerous other instances in any other conflict in the Asian region. The WW2 guys did something that I personally feel most today would not do. Or have the courage to, myself possibly included. Normandy, daylight bombing, Bastogne..I shudder at the thought. Those are in my mind the true vets, including any current front line ground pounder etc. I salute them all. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Thanks to all active duty, reserve, guard and retired military members for you service. Yeah, our country has problems, but just think where we'd be without the military. Democracy isn't perfect, but it's better than anything else on the market. But also, I'd like to thank your families as well. they had/have to put up with a lot of uncertainty, long temporary duties and deployments and having to move multiple times over the years. They are a huge section of the backbone of the military.

God bless
    USAF - 1983-2007

and from my Dad
    USMC WWII Vet

and from my Grand Dad
    USN WWI Vet

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whenever we go to war,  we lose freedoms. The Patriot Act, massive debts, Federal Withholding, TSA, NSA spying, newspapers silenced, protesters jailed/abused, DHS and their cache of munitions that are meant for us, etc.  and for what?

FDR goaded Japan into attacking us and it was no surprise to those who knew.

The Zimmerman note was BS. (WWI)

Fort Sumpter, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Maine, all false flag operations.

The Twin Towers were controlled demolitions according to demolition experts brave enough to speak out. The US went to Afghanistan to build a pipeline from the Caspian Basin to Pakistan. When the Taliban said no, that's when Washington started to plan an attack on their country. That pipeline is under construction.

US bases are placed along the pipeline.

Truth about Iraq and Afghanistan

Our government fights wars to protect the petrodollar system and ensure that the Dollar remains the world's reserve currency.

Washington bullies the world, with its military. Saddam Hussein was taken out because he was selling his oil for Euros, not dollars. Ghaddafi was offed because he wanted to sell his oil for gold.

Iran is in the scopes of Washington because they want to sell their oil to the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) nations. These countries don't want to use dollars anymore.

Key terms for understanding...

Petrodollar System: forces countries to hold dollars

Fractional Reserve Banking: Banks are allowed to only hold a small amount of savings, freeing up currency to invest in the stock market.

Repeal of the Glass Stegal Act (Bill Clinton Adm): allows banks to invest in the stock market

Zero % Interest Rates: Banks have no incentive to lend money. They put it in the stock market.

Quantitative Easing: Treasury sells bonds to the Fed which creates money out of thin air, allows the Treasury to deposit that money in the big banks, which, thanks to what was mention above, can fuel the stock market.

This is what the US military is defending. Not out freedom and liberty. In fact these wars we're fighting, make us less safe and less free.

[/QUOTE]

Cuban

I appreciate the thoughts and sentiments you express although I am not sure this is the right thread to express them in as we are honoring people who have sacrificed for us. That said, the world is very complicated and it requires much subtlety to understand the nuances and true consequences of our actions. Sometimes, it is difficult for me to know when we are protecting our liberties or taking them away from ourselves and others? Are we doing both at the same time! Are we gaining respect in the world with our military policy or creating enemies and losing respect? 

We do need to keep asking these questions and we have to be bold enough as well to attempt to answer them no matter what forum we are on. Best to all my brothers!

NYC

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ATJ, USN, '64-'89

[/QUOTE]

USN '95 - '03

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    well chum, you know what they say. better late than never. even though my company doesn't give us that day as a holiday I took it off so I could go see some of the fellahs up at the va hospital here in the boston area. again, sorry I missed your origional post bro. and you ARE my bro.

Hammer 68-72

101st avation bn

whooooooooooooouh!

ps. by the way, since I haven't spoken to you in quite a while "butch" let me be the first to wish you and yours a very merry xmas and a happy new year.

[/QUOTE]

And, my brother, apologies for not responding sooner.   Right back at ya.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Vets are all either idiots or psychopaths.  All of America's wars since the Civil War have been interferences in other countries' business, killing millions of people who posed zero threat to the United States.  Vets should be begging for mercy for all the suffering they've inflicted on the world.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Vets are all either idiots or psychopaths.  All of America's wars since the Civil War have been interferences in other countries' business, killing millions of people who posed zero threat to the United States.  Vets should be begging for mercy for all the suffering they've inflicted on the world.

Up to this point, I've pretty much restrained myself and actually spoken in favor of your right to express your opinion.  However since you've now taken license in the form gratutious insult for no apparent reason I am compelled to respond.  I have no clue (nor do I actually care) how old you are, what your life experiences have been, what ideology to which you owe allegiance or how you've come to draw the conclusions that you have drawn.  What I do know is that you have now crossed the line.  You, sir, are the one who should be begging - begging those who have chosen to lay their lives on the line on a daily basis to continue to do so, in order for you to have the right to spew whatever ideological garbage you choose, so that you can watch NE Patriots football, so that you can post in this forum, so that you can breathe, yes breathe, the precious and rare air of freedom.  Think of me what you will, I don't give a rat's a_ss. But watch what you say about those who have chosen to lay it on the line to keep your sorry a_ss free.  

Any questions?