7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

Re: To my brother veterans. . . .

Thanks to all my brothers who who protected my family

USN 69-71.

Even you MIGHTY MOUSE.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

God bless each and everyone of the veterans who placed themselves in dangerous situations for the rest of us. I will always appreciate the courage displayed by all of you. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Although I totally disagree with Mighty's views he does have a right to express them.  Similarly, those who who hold different views from Mighty have a right to express their views.  That said, I ask everyone to please post in the spirit in which this thread was initiated:  as a gesture of respect for those who served our country and not let the thread go south over differences of opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And to add to what ATJ said, I tend to agree with Mighty's political point that the US has become too militaristic and too involved in war, but I still respect those who have sacrificed for their country.  I think you can oppose the policy without opposing the people. 

The spirit of the thread, though, is to thank those who sacrificed and it's best we stay there. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

To all my brothers:

I was a conscientous objector and was granted that status by my draft board. I still oppose war but I deeply respect all of you who have served and sacrificed for our country. Many of you have had the courage to take risks and sacrifice your body and soul for us. There are no words that can express the gratitude I have for your actions. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Good thought, NYC

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Thank You....to all the veterans who served, are serving, and will serve in the future. God Bless you and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

USAF, 1995-present

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks to all of you who have made and still make our life safer and allow us to have the freedoms we have. You should be honored every day not just on Veterans Day.

[/QUOTE]

Safer? Freedom?

Are we more free now as opposed to 25 years ago?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Whenever we go to war,  we lose freedoms. The Patriot Act, massive debts, Federal Withholding, TSA, NSA spying, newspapers silenced, protesters jailed/abused, DHS and their cache of munitions that are meant for us, etc.  and for what?

FDR goaded Japan into attacking us and it was no surprise to those who knew.

The Zimmerman note was BS. (WWI)

Fort Sumpter, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Maine, all false flag operations.

The Twin Towers were controlled demolitions according to demolition experts brave enough to speak out. The US went to Afghanistan to build a pipeline from the Caspian Basin to Pakistan. When the Taliban said no, that's when Washington started to plan an attack on their country. That pipeline is under construction.

US bases are placed along the pipeline.

Truth about Iraq and Afghanistan

Our government fights wars to protect the petrodollar system and ensure that the Dollar remains the world's reserve currency.

Washington bullies the world, with its military. Saddam Hussein was taken out because he was selling his oil for Euros, not dollars. Ghaddafi was offed because he wanted to sell his oil for gold.

Iran is in the scopes of Washington because they want to sell their oil to the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) nations. These countries don't want to use dollars anymore.

Key terms for understanding...

Petrodollar System: forces countries to hold dollars

Fractional Reserve Banking: Banks are allowed to only hold a small amount of savings, freeing up currency to invest in the stock market.

Repeal of the Glass Stegal Act (Bill Clinton Adm): allows banks to invest in the stock market

Zero % Interest Rates: Banks have no incentive to lend money. They put it in the stock market.

Quantitative Easing: Treasury sells bonds to the Fed which creates money out of thin air, allows the Treasury to deposit that money in the big banks, which, thanks to what was mention above, can fuel the stock market.

This is what the US military is defending. Not out freedom and liberty. In fact these wars we're fighting, make us less safe and less free.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whenever we go to war,  we lose freedoms. The Patriot Act, massive debts, Federal Withholding, TSA, NSA spying, newspapers silenced, protesters jailed/abused, DHS and their cache of munitions that are meant for us, etc.  and for what?

FDR goaded Japan into attacking us and it was no surprise to those who knew.

The Zimmerman note was BS. (WWI)

Fort Sumpter, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Maine, all false flag operations.

The Twin Towers were controlled demolitions according to demolition experts brave enough to speak out. The US went to Afghanistan to build a pipeline from the Caspian Basin to Pakistan. When the Taliban said no, that's when Washington started to plan an attack on their country. That pipeline is under construction.

US bases are placed along the pipeline.

Truth about Iraq and Afghanistan

Our government fights wars to protect the petrodollar system and ensure that the Dollar remains the world's reserve currency.

Washington bullies the world, with its military. Saddam Hussein was taken out because he was selling his oil for Euros, not dollars. Ghaddafi was offed because he wanted to sell his oil for gold.

Iran is in the scopes of Washington because they want to sell their oil to the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) nations. These countries don't want to use dollars anymore.

Key terms for understanding...

Petrodollar System: forces countries to hold dollars

Fractional Reserve Banking: Banks are allowed to only hold a small amount of savings, freeing up currency to invest in the stock market.

Repeal of the Glass Stegal Act (Bill Clinton Adm): allows banks to invest in the stock market

Zero % Interest Rates: Banks have no incentive to lend money. They put it in the stock market.

Quantitative Easing: Treasury sells bonds to the Fed which creates money out of thin air, allows the Treasury to deposit that money in the big banks, which, thanks to what was mention above, can fuel the stock market.

This is what the US military is defending. Not out freedom and liberty. In fact these wars we're fighting, make us less safe and less free.

[/QUOTE]

Bill Maher I didn't know you posted here, go back to HBO and tell you liberal audience how the Boston Bombing was the same thing that happens in every city everyday in a car accident...DB

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Thanks everyone. US Navy 77-99, I am currently working for the Navy in Federal Government.

The Military does more than fight our wars we are currently in the Phillipines helping those in need after they were hit with the largest Typhoon every to hit land.  Before that we were in Japan supporting the Tsunami relief effort. 

Freedom isn't free!  If you have a political agreement take it to congress, not to our troops...Aloha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Prolate,late 2 respond but agree with you and Mighty's point but not his attack on the troops + got no response from him on his contribution.  Also agree on freedom Cuban Pete, things like cameras everywhere which help with crime control greatly, and yet destroy privacy, and even as opposed to 20 years ago, nobody even talks about it anymore

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Prolate,late 2 respond but agree with you and Mighty's point but not his attack on the troops + got no response from him on his contribution.  Also agree on freedom Cuban Pete, things like cameras everywhere which help with crime control greatly, and yet destroy privacy, and even as opposed to 20 years ago, nobody even talks about it anymore

[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree the Cameras everywhere completey ruined the freedom of the Boston Marathon Bombers.  20 Years ago they would have been free to complete their real mission of bombing the 4th of July ceremony at the Half Shell!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I am not disagreeing with youTomhab, on that level, but I still think something is lost. Get that guinea pig feeling

Sections
Shortcuts