To Patriots forum members

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

To Patriots forum members

I was checking out other Patriots forums on the web today (due to the fantasy football thread here being deleted constantly). Anyway during my search I came upon this thread and wanted to bring it over to BDC to help out a fellow Pats fan:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=754360

"my daughter has a rare genetic disease called tuberous sclerosis complex. i am posting a link because we are raising money and awareness for the walk september 15th. if you aren't able to donate, share it with others if at all possible. my family is from the taunton,ma area. thank you to the moderators who were nice enough to let me put this up... here is the link"

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?EventID=82083&LangPref=en-CA&RegistrationID=1551792

Take care all, Have great weekends!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: To Patriots forum members

Please send check, payable to Tutee Bedzwani - Bank of Nigeria.  Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: To Patriots forum members:
    [QUOTE]Please send check, payable to Tutee Bedzwani Bank of Nigeria.  Thanks.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

No.no... Please make all checks payable to, "Uncle Bernie Madoff"

A man wrongly accused of being a crook, thief, liar, skank, and all around nice guy!

Also could you please send home made cakes with large metal files that cut through steel?
    Thank you !!!
    Oh did I mention Bernie is a BIG Patriots fan? Well then, just add that to the list of lies too...Yell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

That's a legitimate charity he posted.  Many charities offer ways for parents of sick kids to have their own donations page.  I was able to navigate from the alliance's official page to his link.

Ya know, we like to go at it here.  There is a time to poke fun and hit below the belt, and a time to put that aside and be an adult.  You poked fun at a parent whose kid has a rare disease and is trying to raise funds to help.  Karma is a beeeetch.  That's pretty darned low.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]That's a legitimate charity he posted.  Many charities offer ways for parents of sick kids to have their own donations page.  I was able to navigate from the alliance's official page to his link. Ya know, we like to go at it here.  There is a time to poke fun and hit below the belt, and a time to put that aside and be an adult.  You poked fun at a parent whose kid has a rare disease and is trying to raise funds to help.  Karma is a beeeetch.  That's pretty darned low.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Dumb question, if I donate does the money go to the family or for research, etc? I'd much rather the money go to the family than to a research company/hospital. I went to the site and wasn't sure. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To Patriots forum members : Dumb question, if I donate does the money go to the family or for research, etc? I'd much rather the money go to the family than to a research company/hospital. I went to the site and wasn't sure. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Not sure.  I have a friend whose daughter has Rhett's Syndrome.  She has a page like this.  Most of it goes to help them with medical bills.  I think some of it goes to the foundation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]That's a legitimate charity he posted.  Many charities offer ways for parents of sick kids to have their own donations page.  I was able to navigate from the alliance's official page to his link. Ya know, we like to go at it here.  There is a time to poke fun and hit below the belt, and a time to put that aside and be an adult.  You poked fun at a parent whose kid has a rare disease and is trying to raise funds to help.  Karma is a beeeetch.  That's pretty darned low.

By "legitimate", do you mean they have have a real Federal and/or State Charity Identification Number - something that people can look up to see what portion of the donations actually go to a recipient?  If not, they're hosing you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To Patriots forum members : By "legitimate", do you mean they have have a real Federal and/or State Charity Identification Number - something that people can look up to see what portion of the donations actually go to a recipient?  If not, they're hosing you.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

well obviously if these children have a "legitimate" disease, the body has ways of shutting down that process, so no money is needed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

My mom at age 75 has Lymphedema after a radical mastectomy due to cancer. 6 months after that she had sever heart disease. I personally spend over 100 thousand a year covering her med bills and therapy that insurance doesnt cover.

My nephew has MS, is blind, and we take turns in his care as well.

It's just my opinion, but this board is not the place for this, its an escape for us as Patriot fans to enjoy.Wink

Sections
Shortcuts