To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

I stopped reading it half way through, but I've got to admit it seemed very thoughtful and thorough. It makes me laugh so hard that I swear to god my face is going to fall clean off when I listen to Rusty talk about the scary salary cap. Take the Jets for example - they spent - they spent on corners, linebackers, recievers...and if it weren't for their horrible QB and a devastating injury to their best player...they would be a threat. As it was, they were a threat despite Sanchez for a couple of seasons. And now the bill is due, and with the way the NFL salary cap is set up a team like the jets, Skins, Cowboys...on and on and on...will be able to cut meaningless dead weight from their roster in a matter of days if they so choose - and will be right back in business like nothing happened. I have no clue why some people don't understand this...none.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

The cap is a big deal, but I really wonder about the accuracy of all these "calculations" you see in the press and on blogs.  Do people really have accurate data on what players are paid and how their contracts are structured?  Without detailed and complete information on salaries and contract terms there seems to be a lot of guessing going on, and the potential for signficant errors in the calculations seems high. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I stopped reading it half way through, but I've got to admit it seemed very thoughtful and thorough. It makes me laugh so hard that I swear to god my face is going to fall clean off when I listen to Rusty talk about the scary salary cap. Take the Jets for example - they spent - they spent on corners, linebackers, recievers...and if it weren't for their horrible QB and a devastating injury to their best player...they would be a threat. As it was, they were a threat despite Sanchez for a couple of seasons. And now the bill is due, and with the way the NFL salary cap is set up a team like the jets, Skins, Cowboys...on and on and on...will be able to cut meaningless dead weight from their roster in a matter of days if they so choose - and will be right back in business like nothing happened. I have no clue why some people don't understand this...none.

A threat? To do what? No running game, no QB, no receivers. So their defense was adequate, this constitutes a threat?

I'm not reading War and Peace above but I skimmed it. Looks like they just need to cut/restructure half the team and they'll be under the cap. Same goes for a whole bunch of teams. As a Pats fan, color me unconcerned about the NYJ.  Last I checked their QB is still the worst starting QB in the league. They'll be 6-10 again next year. A real threat.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Almost half of that cap space comes from 3 moves that the author doesn't even really recommend and I personally don't think the Jets will do (The Holmes, Sanchez and Mangold restructurings).  If they don't do those they will have 15 million left of which a projected 11 is going to go towards draft picks.  4 million left when they are cutting both of their starting OLBs and their 2 starting safeties and best TE are free agents sort of sucks for them.

So yes RKarp is correct that they can get under the cap, but I don't think it leaves them in as good of a position as he thinks.  It will be interesting to see what this new guy does for them.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Last time:

Share with us WHERE you got this information. Why won't you tell us or show us? Hmm?

What are you afraid of, RKarp?  And the fact you keep lying about going to Harvard is pathetic.  Beyond embarrassing for an adult your age.

Sections
Shortcuts