To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

Isn't it nyjetscap.com?  I figured out the source by copying the first few sentences of the article and doing a google search on them. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

http://nyjetscap.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Almost half of that cap space comes from 3 moves that the author doesn't even really recommend and I personally don't think the Jets will do (The Holmes, Sanchez and Mangold restructurings).  If they don't do those they will have 15 million left of which a projected 11 is going to go towards draft picks.  4 million left when they are cutting both of their starting OLBs and their 2 starting safeties and best TE are free agents sort of sucks for them.

So yes RKarp is correct that they can get under the cap, but I don't think it leaves them in as good of a position as he thinks.  It will be interesting to see what this new guy does for them.

I am not commenting on any Jets position. I am simply saying with cuts including JSmith( never played) B Scott ( sub LB on the downward side of his career), Tebow ( never played) ESmith (sub package only) , Pace (underwhelming performer) the Jets are under the cap. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Almost half of that cap space comes from 3 moves that the author doesn't even really recommend and I personally don't think the Jets will do (The Holmes, Sanchez and Mangold restructurings).  If they don't do those they will have 15 million left of which a projected 11 is going to go towards draft picks.  4 million left when they are cutting both of their starting OLBs and their 2 starting safeties and best TE are free agents sort of sucks for them.

So yes RKarp is correct that they can get under the cap, but I don't think it leaves them in as good of a position as he thinks.  It will be interesting to see what this new guy does for them.

THEY HAVE to get under the cap, dude.  Those are the NFL rules. That's not a question unelss they want to be audited and be fined and docked draft picks. That was never my contention. My premise is that they're so far over, have 9 starters to replace and the constant restructuring is a BAD thing, year after year.

His premise is, they can easily get under, now "30 million under", and be a wild card team next year.

These are his words. This, all on the heels of "Sanchez is coming along well in 2011", "Jets GM role a dream job", "Mike Lombardi to the Jets, you will be shocked", etc.

My premise is tied to the idea that the Jets were mismanaged so badly, starting back in 2008 and 2009 with the Favre knee jerk rental and Sanchez bust move, overpaying almost any FA that walked by Giants Stadium, and subsequently botching their drafts, that it will all catch up to them in blistering fashion.

Well, who was right?

His arrogance is such that he thinks all of that didn't matter.  LOL

Still waiting for one thing intelligent about the cap. Got nothing do ya? 

There y go putting words in my mouth because you have nothing to say. Warnings were out, are still out, and will be always out with you.

you got nothing do ya? 

It really funny that you are speechless. 

My simple premise.....the Jets will be $20-30 million under the cap with some minor cuts, renegotiations that do not increase the cap in 2014, allowing them to sign free agents as they see fit. 

Thats all....nothing about playoffs. Nothing about Sanchez. Nothing about the Pats. That's all, the Jets will be $20-30 million under the cap. 

Now go ahead and say something, anything intelligent and don't lie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am not commenting on any Jets position. I am simply saying with cuts including JSmith( never played) B Scott ( sub LB on the downward side of his career), Tebow ( never played) ESmith (sub package only) , Pace (underwhelming performer) the Jets are under the cap. 

30 million?  Are you seriously going on record, that currently at 15 million over, cutting those players you just named, they magically go 30 million under?

Are you seriously willing to showcase to everyone here how naive and dumb you are?

Again, crickets.

dude, say something, will ya? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I believe you said earlier you thought the Jets would be big players in FA this offseason.  I do not agree.  2014 is certainly possible if they are willing to eat this coming season because then they have the option to part ways with Holmes and Sanchez at very little cost.  This is one reason why I think they won't restructure them because it gives them more latitude to cut them in 2014. The new GM will get a pass on this year and can fire Rex and bring in his own coach if they suck.  In addition the QB class in 2014 looks to be much stronger.  My 2 cents.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I just don't put a lot of faith in anything I read about any team's cap position, one way or the other.  Figuring out cap position requires detailed knowledge of current and past contracts.  That's all kept secret.  So while we can speculate based on what's leaked out, it's all very tenuous, I think.  What I do know is that with a cap of around $120 million and a minimum salary of around $1/2 million, it's impossible to have a roster with more than a handful of players making the $5 to $10 million dollar salaries the best veteran players tend to earn.  Because of that, don't expect the Pats to pick up or re-sign too many high profile FAs, espcially when Brady's pay results in a $20 million cap hit. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

The cap issues are overrated. 

The Jets could be 15 million under the cap right now and they would still be in position for a sub .500 season.

They have personnel issues all around.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Exactly, no one is falling in love with the jets, it's just an example of how easy it is to get out of "salary cap hell". That scary place rusty loves to talk about. It's also really really lame that anyone that points out how quick and easy it is to get out of "salary cap hell" is labeled a jet's fan. LMAO!

The jets don't stand a chance next year because they have Sanchez and we have Brady...it's simple..it's not because of "salary cap hell". Same holds true for Miami, Buffalo..they don't have Brady, we do...been the same story for ten years now.

Players are going to be cut this year...players are going to be resigned, people are going to change teams, people are going to retire, people are going to get hurt...no NFL teams will be going out of business because of any of it. The Detroit Lions will field a team this year...so will the Ravens...I can guarantee it. Some teams will decide to spend big and some won't...doesn't matter, there hasn't been one single team in the history of the NFL that has had to stop doing business because of the dreaded, scary salary cap. Rusty is mocked on here for good reason, it's because he's a deserving idiot. The guy should stick to restocking the shelves at CVS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Btw, I worked my butt off to get to Harvard business school. Go ahead and scoff. We had a saying while I was attending....only a dummy tells people how smart he is. I notice you are all over this board telling all of us how smart you are. 

And what did you used to say about people who, without prompting, posted their groovy Ivy League credential?

Were they dummies too?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea, the jets are fine and the pats are in trouble.....LMAO!! you guys are hilarious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Rusty tell us again how great Meriweather is? 2nd best fs in the league right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good to see SCH81 back.  He really knows how to make a point. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

yea, the jets are fine and the pats are in trouble.....LMAO!! you guys are hilarious.

I don't think anyone is saying that at all.  Many teams have a cap puzzle to work out. If I recall, the Jets have been in this salary cap hell for at least 5 years and it hasn't stopped them from being players in free agency.  One can debate the production/value of those players they have signed, just as one could debate the ones we have signed.  Going into 2009 the Jets were reported to be 20 million over the cap after cutting Pennington the year before and trading for Favre.  They had a rookie QB, a rookie HC and had drafted a top 10 bust in Vernon Gholston and replaced 10 or 11 starters.  The next two years they won a bunch of games and some playoff games. 

Cap hell does not really exist.  It can impinge things for a year or so, but teams frequently get over it very quickly. The problems comes from poor player evaluation.  Holmes had a good year with them and then they gave him 10 mil a year and he's been pretty average.  Scott and Pace were worth their salaries in 2009-10, but have dropped off quite dramatically and are now not worth their bloated contracts.

In our case, we have some money to spend, but if we want to just maintain our skill players like Talib & Welker that money is gone.  We are not going to be the same offense if we refuse to pay Welker and our D will be like it has been the last 3 years without Talib.   You can't just replace a 100+ catch WR with a guy like Edelman or some other scrub off the street.  

The Jets have likely written of 2013. They will replace guys like Scott, Pace, Moore, Eric Smith and Greene with low priced alternatives.  Those players were such non factors in 2012, I'm not sure that will make a bit of a difference in their production.  Their true problems in 2012 were offensive turnovers.  No matter who they replace those players with, the results will be the same if they continue to turn the ball over so often.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Frank158's comment:

I don't think anyone is saying that at all.  Many teams have a cap puzzle to work out. If I recall, the Jets have been in this salary cap hell for at least 5 years and it hasn't stopped them from being players in free agency.  One can debate the production/value of those players they have signed, just as one could debate the ones we have signed.  Going into 2009 the Jets were reported to be 20 million over the cap after cutting Pennington the year before and trading for Favre.  They had a rookie QB, a rookie HC and had drafted a top 10 bust in Vernon Gholston and replaced 10 or 11 starters.  The next two years they won a bunch of games and some playoff games. 

Cap hell does not really exist.  It can impinge things for a year or so, but teams frequently get over it very quickly. The problems comes from poor player evaluation.  Holmes had a good year with them and then they gave him 10 mil a year and he's been pretty average.  Scott and Pace were worth their salaries in 2009-10, but have dropped off quite dramatically and are now not worth their bloated contracts.

In our case, we have some money to spend, but if we want to just maintain our skill players like Talib & Welker that money is gone.  We are not going to be the same offense if we refuse to pay Welker and our D will be like it has been the last 3 years without Talib.   You can't just replace a 100+ catch WR with a guy like Edelman or some other scrub off the street.  

The Jets have likely written of 2013. They will replace guys like Scott, Pace, Moore, Eric Smith and Greene with low priced alternatives.  Those players were such non factors in 2012, I'm not sure that will make a bit of a difference in their production.  Their true problems in 2012 were offensive turnovers.  No matter who they replace those players with, the results will be the same if they continue to turn the ball over so often.

Well put and like many, I'm not a Jet's fan, but only a fool would be blind to see that their real problems are their quarterback. Some players they bring in work, some don't, but their real demise is and will continue to be Sanchez. And our saving glory is Tom Brady - until that changes we should continue to beat them and every other team in our division. The part I don't like is that the jets have spent like they were the one's that had the hall of fame QB who's window was closing...not us...I think we would of won another Super Bowl if we had. When the jets spent like that it was a waste - you can't win with Sanchez, but with Brady we could of turned this team into a more physical Super Bowl contender.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Is this your research?  Source this research. I asked you to tell us if this was you or not before, or if you got this from soe Jets geek site.

Tell us now or you LOSE again. Again.

I've seen these geeks also make comments like "Tanny will fix it" and other crap like that for 5 years.

You and Mt Hurl are total morons.

The Pats are "doomed" at 15 mil under and leverage and the Jets with no QB, a new GM, a lame duck coach, 15 million over, no one wanting to go there, losing 9 starters, horrendous drafts recently, etc, somehow are in prime position to easly clip millions and easily get under the cap.

You have got to be the dumbest person here when it comes to understanding how complex this stuff is when you mismanage the besjesus out it for so long.

You challenged him to back up his claim he answered you in detail with numbers to support his claim. You have answered him with name calling and BS. Prove him wrong with rational argument or be quiet, if your intelligence is what you claim, it should be easy for you. Rational and intelligent people debate and discuss. Ignorant internet bullies deflect and insult. So, I am anxiously awaiting your well structured and fully supported reply....although I'm pretty sure you are just going to insult my momma.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well put and like many, I'm not a Jet's fan, but only a fool would be blind to see that their real problems are their quarterback. Some players they bring in work, some don't, but their real demise is and will continue to be Sanchez. And our saving glory is Tom Brady - until that changes we should continue to beat them and every other team in our division. The part I don't like is that the jets have spent like they were the one's that had the hall of fame QB who's window was closing...not us...I think we would of won another Super Bowl if we had. When the jets spent like that it was a waste - you can't win with Sanchez, but with Brady we could of turned this team into a more physical Super Bowl contender.

they were in the super bowl last year and were one half of football away from being in the super bowl this year....so they have been "physical super bowl contenders". as far as sanchez goes, i agree the jets have tried to make him seem like something hes not, they tried to make him the face of the franchise and it backfired badly. but, what you need to realize is that just throwing money around isnt going to get it done....BB has had to reload/rebuild after the retirements of many of the greats like ty law, tedy bruschi, troy brown, etc....and he has done a damn good job. the defense is young and improving and the offense may be one stretch the field receiver away from being productive in the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

they were in the super bowl last year and were one half of football away from being in the super bowl this year....so they have been "physical super bowl contenders". as far as sanchez goes, i agree the jets have tried to make him seem like something hes not, they tried to make him the face of the franchise and it backfired badly. but, what you need to realize is that just throwing money around isnt going to get it done....BB has had to reload/rebuild after the retirements of many of the greats like ty law, tedy bruschi, troy brown, etc....and he has done a damn good job. the defense is young and improving and the offense may be one stretch the field receiver away from being productive in the playoffs.

Jet fans used a similar rational after their 2010 season..been to back to back championship games...great defense...Sanchez is improving etc.  How'd that work out? The Giants won the Superbowl in 2011 and thought that they just needed to tweak a few things to go back.  We cut Ty Law, Troy Brown was a good long term player who put together a few very good seasons in the early 2000s.  Let's not make him into anything more than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Look, Sanchez stinks. No one argues that. But the contract he was signed to came after 2 AFC championship games, and. Season in which he had 32 TD's. The Jets extended him, saving money on the cap, and locking him up for $8.5 million a year. Theoreticly it was a good move. Granted, it did not work out. 

The one thing I disagree with is that there is a salary cap hell. I do believe the Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins are in the midst of it. I do not think the Jets are. The Jets are very easily ale to get under the cap, and sign big ticket players or mid tier to build the middle. 

I am not even a Jets fan, nor a Jets troll. I simply like pointing out how wrong Rusty is. 

Sections
Shortcuts