To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Btw Rusty, how is that banner crop of a dozen free agents the Pats signed last off season looking? If Fells and Lloyd are cut, seems Gregory is the only survivor past 1 year. 

Good, actually. Ballard was a great move, which will make Fells disposable.  I happen to like Hooman, too.  Good player. I wish he was used more on checkdowns instead of Brady staring down Welker and Hernandez all day long.

Lloyd was a good pick up. He's better (as are ALL OF OUR WRs) when a run game is established and when they use playaction.  Marquice Cole was a good STs pick up as well as noted during the year.

I wouldn't call it a banner crop, certainly not like 2011 with Waters, Carter and Anderson, etc, but it was solid.  Can't hit homeruns every year even though we know you hold BB to some otherworldy irrational standard as you PRAISED Mike Tannenbum here for the last 3 or 4 years.

Cannot be made up. Can't.

I expect another good draft and FA period in conjunction this year as well.

Look look, you can argue all you want about the jets, the salary cap and the NFL draft, but you absolutely can't call last year's free agent crop anything but awful. Last spring and summer I was stunned at how poorly we did - in all honesty I thought our chance of winning the Super Bowl was lost right there. When you sign Robert Gallery, Steven Gregory, Stallworth, Joseph Addai, Jonathan Fenene, Gaffney, Gonzalez...you don't improve your team. And free agency is a big part of the team building process. I liked the playing of Lloyd - for the money it worked out very well, but we needed help at safety and interior pass rush...we blew that big time. When you have 26 million to spend under the cap (like last year) you can't come home with guys like we signed last year...and I don't think they make that mistake this year.

I am of the opinion Lloyd will be cut March 1 st to save his 3 million against the cap. Ditto Fells. 

They will save 3 miliion by cutting Lloyd? To me he's worth three million, the guy isn't terrible - he'll get you 60-70 catches. I mean he's not going to strike fear into the hearts of defensive coordinators, but at three million a season you can't expect that. I think he did a reasonable job...gave us a little something on the outside...won a game or two for us...nothing earth shattering. Compared to Ocho Cinco the guy was Jerry freaken Rice - I really don't think we are going to get a much better reciever at that price. Now if he IS cut, then I think it may have something to do with the rumor that he is bipolar and a bad locker room guy. 

Gronk and Hernandez were healthy all year LAST YEAR which limited Brady even looking at Ochocino.

With Hernandez and Gronk down at different times this year, it basically FORCED Tommy Boy to look at Lloyd. BOUT TIME. We saw more running and playaction, but it's too bad we didn't see playaction in the title game, huh Hurlie?  Looks like Brady forgot to use that, but you have to be under Center first, don't ya?

I warned you about Ocho not being as bad as the media was claiming. When you have Brady so spoiled with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez, just how many times do you expect him to target the flank?

The guy already wants to throw 40+ times to play with fire as it is, yet you want Ochocinco to catch 60 balls to justify himself?

Please.

If Brady simply targeted Lloyd deep down the sideline even JUST once in the first half of the title game, who knows, maybe that would have been enough to get Balt to somewhat respect that part of the field instead of making it easy on them like Brady enjoys doing so much in these postseasons.

1st and 10 at BAL 47 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to B.Lloyd[D.Ellerbe].

2nd possession.

If you are going to make a point, please make sure it's true.

Thanks

you basically just proved what i have been saying in this thread. brady was trying to force passes that werent there....notice how they are on the 47, going down the field, and he wastes a down to throw up a heave to lloyd? thats what he has been doing in the playoffs for 5 years, very frustrating.

That's what he does now, because he plays favorites which has been a downfall. If you aren't in the Brady club, you don't get a look.

This started in 2007.

This is without question the main problem moving forward. I don't know how the pink hats can continue to deny it.

It's why they swoop into threads that have NOTHING to do with the Pats and they try to twist the thread back into a deflection type mode that somehow points to BB. It's why Mt Hurl just tried to derail my bludgeoning of RKarp. He saw his little ally being abused, so he tried to deflect.

Meanwhile, the rest of us simply admit Brady has to be better, because he's been BAD in 3 straight AFC title games at home, which ain't cutting it.

I'm sorry, weren't you just the one clamouring for the deep pass to lloyd?

You look more foolish every time you open your mouth.

You are the one deflecting from the putrid D for the past 6 years.  Putrid!!!

Worst D ever to participate in any play-off game.  THE WORST!

GB was way worse. Not even close.  Do you ever speak fact?  You look foolish just by logging on here.

Green bay was worse in yards, just barely but their DPR was better.

They didn't win either with their elite QB and elite receivers, did they?

Defenses win championships.

Thanks for proving my point.

Offense wins championships in today's game. You'll see. If SF or Balt score 14 or 17 points, they'll lose.

Thanks for looking like a moron.  It makes the rest of us appear even smarter than we are, which makes it even funnier.

Defense win championships.   It does no good to score 30 if your D gives up 31.

Learn the game!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Btw Rusty, how is that banner crop of a dozen free agents the Pats signed last off season looking? If Fells and Lloyd are cut, seems Gregory is the only survivor past 1 year. 

Good, actually. Ballard was a great move, which will make Fells disposable.  I happen to like Hooman, too.  Good player. I wish he was used more on checkdowns instead of Brady staring down Welker and Hernandez all day long.

Lloyd was a good pick up. He's better (as are ALL OF OUR WRs) when a run game is established and when they use playaction.  Marquice Cole was a good STs pick up as well as noted during the year.

I wouldn't call it a banner crop, certainly not like 2011 with Waters, Carter and Anderson, etc, but it was solid.  Can't hit homeruns every year even though we know you hold BB to some otherworldy irrational standard as you PRAISED Mike Tannenbum here for the last 3 or 4 years.

Cannot be made up. Can't.

I expect another good draft and FA period in conjunction this year as well.

Look look, you can argue all you want about the jets, the salary cap and the NFL draft, but you absolutely can't call last year's free agent crop anything but awful. Last spring and summer I was stunned at how poorly we did - in all honesty I thought our chance of winning the Super Bowl was lost right there. When you sign Robert Gallery, Steven Gregory, Stallworth, Joseph Addai, Jonathan Fenene, Gaffney, Gonzalez...you don't improve your team. And free agency is a big part of the team building process. I liked the playing of Lloyd - for the money it worked out very well, but we needed help at safety and interior pass rush...we blew that big time. When you have 26 million to spend under the cap (like last year) you can't come home with guys like we signed last year...and I don't think they make that mistake this year.

I am of the opinion Lloyd will be cut March 1 st to save his 3 million against the cap. Ditto Fells. 

They will save 3 miliion by cutting Lloyd? To me he's worth three million, the guy isn't terrible - he'll get you 60-70 catches. I mean he's not going to strike fear into the hearts of defensive coordinators, but at three million a season you can't expect that. I think he did a reasonable job...gave us a little something on the outside...won a game or two for us...nothing earth shattering. Compared to Ocho Cinco the guy was Jerry freaken Rice - I really don't think we are going to get a much better reciever at that price. Now if he IS cut, then I think it may have something to do with the rumor that he is bipolar and a bad locker room guy. 

Gronk and Hernandez were healthy all year LAST YEAR which limited Brady even looking at Ochocino.

With Hernandez and Gronk down at different times this year, it basically FORCED Tommy Boy to look at Lloyd. BOUT TIME. We saw more running and playaction, but it's too bad we didn't see playaction in the title game, huh Hurlie?  Looks like Brady forgot to use that, but you have to be under Center first, don't ya?

I warned you about Ocho not being as bad as the media was claiming. When you have Brady so spoiled with Welker, Gronk and Hernandez, just how many times do you expect him to target the flank?

The guy already wants to throw 40+ times to play with fire as it is, yet you want Ochocinco to catch 60 balls to justify himself?

Please.

If Brady simply targeted Lloyd deep down the sideline even JUST once in the first half of the title game, who knows, maybe that would have been enough to get Balt to somewhat respect that part of the field instead of making it easy on them like Brady enjoys doing so much in these postseasons.

1st and 10 at BAL 47 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to B.Lloyd[D.Ellerbe].

2nd possession.

If you are going to make a point, please make sure it's true.

Thanks

you basically just proved what i have been saying in this thread. brady was trying to force passes that werent there....notice how they are on the 47, going down the field, and he wastes a down to throw up a heave to lloyd? thats what he has been doing in the playoffs for 5 years, very frustrating.

That's what he does now, because he plays favorites which has been a downfall. If you aren't in the Brady club, you don't get a look.

This started in 2007.

This is without question the main problem moving forward. I don't know how the pink hats can continue to deny it.

It's why they swoop into threads that have NOTHING to do with the Pats and they try to twist the thread back into a deflection type mode that somehow points to BB. It's why Mt Hurl just tried to derail my bludgeoning of RKarp. He saw his little ally being abused, so he tried to deflect.

Meanwhile, the rest of us simply admit Brady has to be better, because he's been BAD in 3 straight AFC title games at home, which ain't cutting it.

I'm sorry, weren't you just the one clamouring for the deep pass to lloyd?

You look more foolish every time you open your mouth.

You are the one deflecting from the putrid D for the past 6 years.  Putrid!!!

Worst D ever to participate in any play-off game.  THE WORST!

GB was way worse. Not even close.  Do you ever speak fact?  You look foolish just by logging on here.

Green bay was worse in yards, just barely but their DPR was better.

They didn't win either with their elite QB and elite receivers, did they?

Defenses win championships.

Thanks for proving my point.

Offense wins championships in today's game. You'll see. If SF or Balt score 14 or 17 points, they'll lose.

Thanks for looking like a moron.  It makes the rest of us appear even smarter than we are, which makes it even funnier.

Defense win championships.   It does no good to score 30 if your D gives up 31.

Learn the game!

The game has changed. You act like it's a plus that Brady and this offense go 3 and out a lot or turn it over in their own zone more than once in a game agaisnt a good team.

The rest of us think those are MAJOR negatives.

You're a moron for not realizing what Goodell is doing to the league. A moron.

No one said going 3 & out is good or throwing picks is good.  That's just your abuse of shrumes or what ever mental defect you have, talking to you.

The difference in those games is that the Gints D, did force 3 and outs and forced TO's.

The Pats D, did no such thing.

Oh, they did alow 4 td's in 4 rz drives.  Is that a good thing?  Apparently you think so.

Defense wins championships!

Not one single rz stop and not one single To's wins NOTHING!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Dude, they've chosen to throw more in a throw first offense since 2005. Since 2007 when they used Moss and Welker as the base of that offense, Brady has had either the best weapons for that kind of an offense or NOW with using more the middle of the field with Gronk, Hernandez and Welker.

I know you object to the way Belichick and the coaches he's selected have managed the team's offensive approach since 2005, but honestly I don't think Belichick is as incompetent as you do.  I just think that in an era with a salary cap and with draft picks being allocated based on finishing position, keeping a team deep and talented at every position is very difficult.  Belichick has done a great job, but the results are still not perfect and the team still has weaknesses that can be exploited.  One of those weaknesses is an iffy secondary.  Another is a thin wide receiver corp.  

Even without Gronk available, bit's utterly ridiculous to pretend 13 points is sufficient in a home playoff game.

Of course it's not.  But no one said it was. 

Your excuses are embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing. They had 2 decent TEs they could use to block, Welker and Hernandez were healthy, Lloyd was fine, etc. Branch is older now and probably done, but you can't keep making excuses like this every year.

Welker, Hern, and Lloyd, plus a bunch of flotsam and jetsam isn't a terribly scary receiving corp.  

Even without Gronk, Brady has a top 5 roster in terms of talent around him on offense.  I don't know how many more weapons it will take for you to feel comfortable with supposedly the GOAT under center, or should I say, "in the shotgun" too much.

I'm not sure Welker, Hern, and Lloyd is a top 5 receiving corp.  I also don't think that those three all had fabulous games and Brady alone screwed up.  There were a lot of drops and the running game was not all that effective. 

Again, 2007 was an aberration situation. Get it out of your head.  The stars don't align like that every year.

I'm not fixated on 2007.  You make all sorts of stuff up in your dialogue with yourself.  Nor am I in love with passing.  I just think that Belichick and his coaches do a good job getting the most out of the talent they have. Sometimes that means a pass-heavy approach. With a different group of players, it might mean more running.  What I don't believe for a minute is that Belichick is a bad strategist or would tolerate bad strategy and play calling from his coaches for half a decade or more.   

In 2006 there was a legit excuse built in for what Brady didn't have around him once Branch was dealt and Caldwell became a defacto #1. No doubt.

But now?  How can you continue to be this arrogant.  If Drew Brees lost his #1 TE, he wouldn't fold like a cheap suit throw picks, miss guys open or forget how to manage a game.

You think Brees is a better QB than Brady?  How'd he do last season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I went through rkarps numbers and he's right.

Now Rkarp tell us who the Jets can replace all those players with. Obviously not everyone is going to restructure or take a cut so you're going to have to release players and multiple starters no matter what. A dozen of their top paid players released would get the Jets to the league average for cap available going into the offseason. Who are you going to replace them with?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Wilkerson the second best defensive tackle in the NFL? How could this be?  Rusty said he was a bust, 11 seconds after the Jets drafted him.  Then again, he said that McCourty was better than Revis.

Can we assume Rusty will now claim that ProFootballFocus is biased?

PFF also said that McCourty was a pro bowler at his position toolbag: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/pro-bowl-roster-2012-afc/2/

I thought you said he was a bust and BB was going to cut him.  LMAO @ U.  Enjoy another losing season with Sanchez at QB.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Wilkerson the second best defensive tackle in the NFL? How could this be?  Rusty said he was a bust, 11 seconds after the Jets drafted him.  Then again, he said that McCourty was better than Revis.

PFF also said that McCourty was a pro bowler at his position toolbag: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/pro-bowl-roster-2012-afc/2/

I thought you said he was a bust and BB was going to cut him.  LMAO @ U.  Enjoy another losing season with Sanchez at QB.

Wilkerson is ok but he was a 1st rd pick.  The guy really doesn't make any plays, he just collects tackles like David Harris.

No sacks, no forced fumbles, etc.

Leave it to the Jets fans to think that steady play is what they needed in such a dire position for young, impact players.

It's just because Sanchez and Kyle Wilson are busts in the 1st rd that they overrate Wilkerson. Like clockwork.

Hey I had a discussion with you regarding Wilson two months ago - I said he was a good player - you said he was a bust. You remember, right? Remembering should be easy with a photographic memory and all. LOL!

Learn the game...watch it...don't just google stuff! Try it, you'll feel better:)

Oh and you're welcome.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I have solution to the Jets problems; Turn Tebow into a Male Escort; Trade Sanchez for draft picks or a piece of gum stuck to the rails of the Staten Island Ferry; Trade Revis for a less egocentric element of football (a jersey autographed by the 85 Bears will suffice); Purchase Depends for O Lineman that faces Wilfork; Get Rex a new tattoo that reads Joe Namath Was Homeboy; Namath endorses new products: Kolber Breath Mints and The Foot Fixer; Talk incessantly about how you think the Jets will win it all; Join Fireman Ed on Suicide Watch when they don't; repeat.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Wilkerson is ok but he was a 1st rd pick.  The guy really doesn't make any plays, he just collects tackles like David Harris.

No sacks, no forced fumbles, etc.

Leave it to the Jets fans to think that steady play is what they needed in such a dire position for young, impact players.

It's just because Sanchez and Kyle Wilson are busts in the 1st rd that they overrate Wilkerson. Like clockwork.

Hey I had a discussion with you regarding Wilson two months ago - I said he was a good player - you said he was a bust. You remember, right? Remembering should be easy with a photographic memory and all. LOL!

Learn the game...watch it...don't just google stuff! Try it, you'll feel better:)

Oh and you're welcome.

What? Wilson is a bust. Go ask their own fans. He's an average nickel and does these dances after being beaten on plays left and right. I've posted numerous threads here about their own opinions of him.

He stinks. 1st rd pick, deepest draft in 25 years. I'd be ticked if my pick didn't start or start and contribute after 3 years.

Let me get this right.  Your entire premise of Wilson being a bust is that he was drafted in the first round as a CB and has played on a top 10 pass D each year in the league, including 2012 when Revis, the NFLs best CB,  was out for the year.

And in the same breath you are defending McCourty, who was drafter earlier in the round, who had a solid rookie season on a horrible pass defense, had an awful sophomore season on a horrible pass defense was then moved to safety (a first round safety? Who does that? That screams bust right there) and once again, the pass defense was horrible.  And Wilson is the bust?  God, you’re an idiot.

Eugene Wilson was moved from CB to Safety and he played well. Who cares where the player plays?

Troy Brown played nickel in 2004 and NE won a SB.

You'll never see a SB in your life.  You apparently only care about getting attention so you can feel good hopefully not playing second fiddle to the Giants.

It drives you beserk that the Boston based NFL team is so vastly superior and that even drafting a CB 2 or 3 picks later in the same draft, you have far less to show for it.

We get it.

Kyle Wilson STINKS. I know it, you know it, your fellow fans know it. Kyle Arrington is a superior player to that of Wilson and BB didn't use a 1st rd pick on him.

Case closed.

Deal with it. The guy blows and your new, crappy GM will not resign him.

Cap:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=76483

Wilson:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=75216

So, the Patriots have better corners and safeties, but their pass D still blows while the Jets is top 10 without the best corner in the NFL?  Is BB that awful of a defensive coach these days?

I wonder if the'll cut him in his rookie contract like all those high round picks BB admitted were busts.  I suppose they could just move Wilson to safety first.  That's admitting the same thing when you spend a first round pick on a corner and realize he can't play man 3 years later.

I have no idea how you think you can still come on here with this rhetoric. Yards allowed in the air is not the representative of a D.

NE has absolutely dominated in the areas of sacks, fumbles and INTs over the supposed vaunted SB bound and legendary Rex Ryan D, while allowing less points again, for another year.

NE's D is trending up while yours is about to be absolutely awful.    That new GM will send Revis or Cromartie on their way, Wilson will blow as a starter for 16 games, and that will be it.

No team fears that crappy D of yours.

It's priceless to watch you praise that crappy D the last couple of years and now act whatever you have in 2013 is better than the one you praised. How about just getting to a local college?

So what you're saying is that passing yards allowed or passing TDs aloowed or number of passes allowed over say 20 or 30 yards or opposing QBs passer rating are not acceptable ways of measuring a pass D's quality? Only turnovers?

McCourty and Wilson are both pretty bad.  There is no denying that over that time, the Jets pass defense has been better than ours.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Why are these guys geeks? Inquisitive minds need to know.

Sections
Shortcuts