To the Brady critics.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: To the Brady critics.

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics.:
    [QUOTE]Think this topic has been beaten to death the last two weeks...
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    I agree....  the cows have come home!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.  Cut and paste arguments from all the usual suspects.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I'd bet dollars to donuts (not a real bet for the dumbos) .....Pats fans are out of line wanting him make better decisions, reads and play a solid 4 qtrs all the way through for once? Why should we cheer inconsistency?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    You are the leader of the pack in the placing of a level of performance expectations that has to be PERFECT every game.  Just a little slip up and you cry like a baby.. I have seen that from you.  No, you do not "cheer" inconsistency, but, there can be times in which a QB's play can slip for a period of time. If you can name a QB that has NEVER had a bad game, threw a few INTs in a game, simply not had it going all game 100% of the time, well, that QB does not exist and you expect Brady to be that QB!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Picture the last 4 first halves from Brady being in a SB. 10 points or less scored in a first half in an offensive NFL era (similar to what SB 38 might have been), but are we really liking the idea of our 20 mil per QB to be this inconsistent for entire halves? How is asking our own QB to be more careful with the ball and more consistent through 4 qtrs, asking for "perfection"? Your dramatics and putting words in my mouth show how defensive you are while trying to deflect. Is his last 4 games in the first half. good enough to win SB, or does the SB winning QB need to perform well? In the last month, if that was how Brady was to play in a playoff or SB game? Forget it.  It'll be just like last January. Outplayed by Sanchez, INT, poor game management, 3 and outs, etc. Except it won't be Sanchez, we'll see it being Flacco or something. Look how GB runs their offense right now and compare it to NE's. Or even a NOs.  Night and day in terms of efficiency, consistency, sustaining a drive and actually, you know, moving the ball? Going into this week, Brady had the 3rd highest INT total with 10.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I believe winning the game is the end result we all want... if the team ends with a W with all the flaws, is it your preference to give the W back because the team did not play a full 60 minutes at the high level you expect? Look at GB.. they may be 8 - 0 and I am certain you will pound on them for some perceived flaw that just irks you. You may not say you want "perfection" but you make it appear you do with your comments even after a win.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

F@ck THAT! I'll blame anyone who's at fault. Against the Cowboys, Giants, Steelers and the first half against the Jets, Brady WAS the problem! I'm not washing anyone's sack just because he's supposed to be great. My criticism will be harsher because I expect MUCH more from him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This guy cracks me up saying we all don't know the game then in some other thread he says the turnovers don't matter in a game if you come back and are leading late. Turnovers always matter in a game.

Not sure I ever read anyone saying they would like to have anyone other than Tom Brady as the Pats QB but that doesn't excuse him playing like dung the past 2 and a 1/2 games. Luckily he finally removed head from rear in the 2nd half and we all knew he would eventually. Almost every year he has his complete Cr@p games. We do not have to excuse him or give him a pass when he does.

So much for all the people suggesting oh he must be hurt that's why, blah blah.

There might not be anyone else we would want behind center for our beloved Pats but he's not infallible. Especially when Tommy Boy comes out and validates our criticism and says he made poor decisions in the turn overs he made in the Pats losses.

There is NEVER one single play or person responsible for a team loss but playing the most pivotal position and making costly mistakes definitely contributes and hurts. ...and we are allowed to state the obvious and complain about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The Pats 'showed the run' against the Jets, no great results this time but that small edge was enough for a great QB like Brady. I'm enjoying him now because when he's gone I'll miss him too.

Criticism is a good thing when used sensibly: It is a common and good practice in Business as peer reviews - criticism. But the true criticism is almost always revealed when good peers review others. Nothing personal about it, just the product, patient, or thing! Oh, you need more info, oh, you need better tools to work with etc. WE on this forum act as sort of peers - from a distance and why not. If upon peer review it often turns out that the person needs more from Management? Then management must act accordingly and make better decisions for the sake of the final product.

That leads to the tcal point: I shudder to think If Tom Brady had a great RB and a great Deep threat at his disposal at all times? Think Dillon and Moss together to complement the other tools he has to work with ....frightening what that man could have done. I think he has been robbed of 2 more SB appearances already because of Management miscues.

Brady is STILL young enough to get the RB and deep threat he deserves(expensive) and win 2 more. Wait, didn't Tom Brady take a team friendly to get Randy Moss? Yes, I always wondered who really signed MOSS? What was it now, 25 or so TDs to Moss? The playbook was NOT an issue with him or Dillon!

Even a Rembrandt will make mistakes but paint over it and nobody knows the difference but an NFL QB can't. Rembrandt and others don't have 300lb angry men coming at them within seconds wanting to slam them either while the world is watching. Brady is so good that all he needs is a wrong dip or move by one D Player to make it happen. Playing good teams, that little edge makes the difference when a man like Brady quickly recognizes them. The great Joe Montana said similar things.

I believe the players themselves led by Vince and a few others were more responsible for the Pats showing up than the management/coaching. There was no-one more surprised than Belichick for that Jets win...IMHO ...of course!

Have a good evening all...I enjoy you all for the great forum full of entertainment, laughs, amusement and especially Pats discussion ..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Not to take anything away from Aaron Rodgers, who is having a terrific year. But his receivers are GOOD, like really good. The Green Bay receiving corp is the best in the league. 

I can't even imagine what Brady would do with that kind of receiving talent. Oh wait, 50 TD's and a record-setting offense. Yeah, Brady is clearly the best QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]This guy cracks me up saying we all don't know the game then in some other thread he says the turnovers don't matter in a game if you come back and are leading late. Turnovers always matter in a game. Not sure I ever read anyone saying they would like to have anyone other than Tom Brady as the Pats QB but that doesn't excuse him playing like dung the past 2 and a 1/2 games. Luckily he finally removed head from rear in the 2nd half and we all knew he would eventually. Almost every year he has his complete Cr@p games. We do not have to excuse him or give him a pass when he does. So much for all the people suggesting oh he must be hurt that's why, blah blah. There might not be anyone else we would want behind center for our beloved Pats but he's not infallible. Especially when Tommy Boy comes out and validates our criticism and says he made poor decisions in the turn overs he made in the Pats losses. There is NEVER one single play or person responsible for a team loss but playing the most pivotal position and making costly mistakes definitely contributes and hurts. ...and we are allowed to state the obvious and complain about it.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I never said turnovers don't matter. Not only do you not know the game, you don't know how to read either.

Every QB has turnovers genius. And Brady has a lower INT% right now than he did in two of his SB winning years. Oh yeah, and is on pace for the 5th most TDs all-time. How well do you think we would be doing without those TDs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : No 3 INTS   Remember, 1st quarter 3 and out, 2nd quarter had to settle for a FG on Pburg 28, 3rd quarter 3 and out, Ghost misses a FG becasue couldn't make a first down at Pburg 25 yard line. 4th quater drive stalled, Did you watch the first half? Offense was totally out of sync, alot of 3 and outs and Tom wasn't hitting his passes.  I revere TB as the best QB in NFL history, but even he will admit he didnot play well in the three losses
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    The Bills:

You do realize Brady threw 4 TDs in the Bills' game right? You do realize he threw for 387 yards right? You do realise that's a phenomenal day, right? Yeah, 4 INTs stink and that subtracts from the rest but it doesn't negate it. You tell me who stepped up.

The running game with 3.6 yards a carry?

The D allowing 5.3 yards a carry?

The D allowing 9.2 yards a pass attempt and 369 yards?

I'll tell you who stepped up when the game was on the line and the whole team was playing poorly. Brady. He drove for the tie and the D folded for the loss. End of story. But in your mind it's his fault. BS.

Guess what? He isn't going to throw a 100+ game every time but the chances are very high he will get it done when it matters most. And he did in this game and that's why he is the best ever.

The Steelers:

It isn't Brady's fault the D couldn't get off the field and get him the ball back. He has a 102 passer arting for the game with 2 TDs and no INTs. Meanwhile, the D was letting the Steelers were eating up 2/3 of the game on offense. You tell me who stepped up.

The D keeping BR out there for 40 minutes?

The D giving up 29 first downs?

Our running with 3.7 yards a carry?

The D giving up 4.6 yards a carry?

The D giving BR 365 yards passing?

Brady put up a 102 in a game he got little help from anybody. But in your mind it's his fault. BS.

The Giants:

Not much offensively to brag about for either team in this game other than Brady's 342 yards. The Pats tied it up early in the 4th but the D gave up 2 TDs in the quarter. Brady managed to get us the lead with 1:36 left but the D folded again (with help from the officials). But in your mind it's his fault. BS.

It's the same old same old around here. If Brady plays an average game we lose and it's his fault even though he comes through in the clutch. BS.

We have plenty of problems on this team, but Brady isn't one of them. He is the one thing that keeps this otherwise mediocre team in the hunt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to To the Brady critics.:
    [QUOTE]You know nothing about this game. You are fools. You have been spoiled and deserve a Mark Sanchez rather than the greatest QB this game has ever seen. Your constant elevating of mediocre players at the expense of the greatest Patriot is sickening. Your comments about  ball washing, blow up dolls and blow jobs toward fans who appreciate greatness when they see it are despicable. You are a pathetic excuse for a fan.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I understand how you feel about Tom Brady. But, to classify me as a "Brady critic" and a "fool", simply because I said, in essence, that Brady played a good overall game against the Jets, but not a great game...is Polianism at its worst. 

Again...had Brady been picked off three times in the first half, as he could have, and should have been...would we be having this conversation?

Can you deny that over the past few weeks Tom's been off? It could be related to him not getting enough protection from his OL, the fact that he doesn't have a running game, and the fact that he has no deep threat. But, it appears that at times this year, his reads have been off, and he's tried to force the ball into coverage more often then in the past. That's an observation, not necessarily a criticism...because we all agree that he's a great QB. 

I'm the same guy that gave Tom a high grade against the Steelers in that awful loss. I thought he played well...and that his defense, his WRs, and the coaching staff were primarily responsible for that loss.

In the loss to the Giants, I was criticized for giving Tom too high a grade, based on his great final drive.

Come on, Babe. Lighten up. This is a discussion forum. Other than liars and childish idiots, such as "The Dog(gggg), most people here are just having a good time, talking football.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My only objection to this forum in general and threads like this in particular is that all too often a simple disagreement between knowledgeable Pats fans can deteriorate and become personal attacks.  I disagree that simply because someone sees things differently from someone else one or the other is a 'fool' or 'knows nothing about football.'

Speaking to the topic, I've been an NFL fan for over 40 years and Tom Brady is the best I've ever seen.  He has every quality that anyone could want in an NFL quarterback in ample measure.  That said, he has not been consistent from game to game in the first half of this season.  Brady himself has acknowledged that he has been tentative in some of his throws.  Now, that is not to say that Tom isn't great;  he is.  That is not to say that he is not the best player in the league, year in, year out; arguably, he is.  That is not to say that he is not a great, not good, great, quarterback; no one can possibly argue that he is not.  The first thing that he said after the Buffalo game is that you can't throw 4 picks and expect to win.  I agree with him. 

Feel free to disagree, fellow Pats fans; 'tis the nature of the human condition.  And I welcome any all differing views on the matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to To the Brady critics. :      I understand how you feel about Tom Brady. But, to classify me as a "Brady critic" and a "fool", simply because I said, in essence, that Brady played a good overall game against the Jets, but not a great game...is Polianism at its worst.       Again...had Brady been picked off three times in the first half, as he could have, and should have been...would we be having this conversation?      Can you deny that over the past few weeks Tom's been off? It could be related to him not getting enough protection from his OL, the fact that he doesn't have a running game, and the fact that he has no deep threat. But, it appears that at times this year, his reads have been off, and he's tried to force the ball into coverage more often then in the past. That's an observation, not necessarily a criticism...because we all agree that he's a great QB.       I'm the same guy that gave Tom a high grade against the Steelers in that awful loss. I thought he played well...and that his defense, his WRs, and the coaching staff were primarily responsible for that loss.      In the loss to the Giants, I was criticized for giving Tom too high a grade, based on his great final drive.      Come on, Babe. Lighten up. This is a discussion forum. Other than liars and childish idiots, such as "The Dog(gggg), most people here are just having a good time, talking football.    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I never said you were a Brady ctitic.

Do you think fans tossing terms like ball washer, blow up doll and boyfriend at those who say Brady is not "the" problem and is about the only thing that is keeping this team relevent, are just having a good time, talking football?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]My only objection to this forum in general and threads like this in particular is that all too often a simple disagreement between knowledgeable Pats fans can deteriorate and become personal attacks.  I disagree that simply because someone sees things differently from someone else one or the other is a 'fool' or 'knows nothing about football.' Speaking to the topic, I've been an NFL fan for over 40 years and Tom Brady is the best I've ever seen.  He has every quality that anyone could want in an NFL quarterback in ample measure.  That said, he has not been consistent from game to game in the first half of this season.  Brady himself has acknowledged that he has been tentative in some of his throws.  Now, that is not to say that Tom isn't great;  he is.  That is not to say that he is not the best player in the league, year in, year out; arguably, he is.  That is not to say that he is not a great, not good, great, quarterback; no one can possibly argue that he is not.  The first thing that he said after the Buffalo game is that you can't throw 4 picks and expect to win.  I agree with him.  Feel free to disagree, fellow Pats fans; 'tis the nature of the human condition.  And I welcome any all differing views on the matter.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for sharing with us that your boyfriend is the Brady blow up doll and you wash its balls.  So do I. All the good Pats' fans do. LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

And then, there are always the few _ _ _  who will sit down to a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and then shout " what! no ketchup"!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : More running is fine. I just leave that to BB, OB and Brady. I may think BB isn't the best GM but he's a fine coach. Rogers is great and I have put him before this season second only to Brady. But he is having a pretty soft schedule so far. Brady would have lit the record books on fire in 2008 if he didn't get hurt with that schedule.

If lighting up the record books has even the slightest thing to do with winning, then show me who these QBs are.  That is the one place I will disagree with you, otherwise I feel TB has needed to find what made him a great SB QB.

The most important role of any QB is to manage the game and know how to win, and most important is winning in the playoffs, and the end of games have to be where you are best.

Every multiple SB winner was: 1 A great game manager, 2 A QB who always keeps his team in the games, rarely letting the game slip away, ex. the 2003 SB when Delhomme caught fire and Brady jacked up his game and stayed with him back and forth till the last second.  3 You always know you have a chance to win a game in the closing minutes.

Brady has rarely managed games starting in 07, and until the last 4 games when he had no choice than to manage the games, and keeping it close, relying on his teammates to help him, seeing he wasn't way out in front.  Lately he has had to manage a game and pick his spots & make plays that count, which if you look at him starting in 07, he has lost his zest when trailing and in the playoffs he gets behind early and the games are all but over.

Until the last few games, TB hasn't played to the score, and had to be out in front
    to be effective, and I loved watching him struggle these past few weeks, having to relearn how to be a come from behind QB.

Babe, you have read my posts lately, and I have seen things in him which I know can be corrected and I have seen signs of him coming back to earth as a great QB, and not just a great passer.  He's relearning how to be a true winner again having to make late game drives to pull out games, and this is what makes a truly great QB.

I saw Sanchez on Sunday AM on ESPN, and he picked Brady as one of 3 QBs he would like to learn from, and Brady was his ability to get the lead early, Briese, accuracy, and Big Ben his ability to win games late in the 4th Quarter.  I felt a bit insulted w/ Ben being that guy TB used to be lately it's been true.

There is a reason TB and Big Ben have won 5 of the last 10 or so SBs, and that is the 3 things I stated above.

Great game managers and SB wins:  Bart Starr: 2 SBs and 5 or so NFL titles, Griese, 2 SBs, Bradshaw 4 SBs, and the last 2 he had to really step up the offense, Plunkett 2 SBs, Montana 4 SBs, and Brady USE to play like him, and now, until these last 4 games, he is more like Manning, Favre, and Marino with awesome stats since 07, Aikman, 3 SBs, great game mgr, Simms 2 SBs and before Parcells he would put up 30-35 points consistently for nothing.  Big Ben 2 SBs & he was ok as a QB passing like Brady used to, & stepped up huge when it mattered, and this winning at the end is the most important trait showing leadership, and your teammates never give up on you seeing they know you are always going to be there at the end with a great chance of victory.

The 2nd half of the Jets game was the best I have seen Brady since 05 or 06. Did you see how relaxed he was in the pocket, dancing around, seeing the whole field like he use to, but now he has all this experience, and I feel if they get the running game going, this team will rally like they did in 01, and even the D is beginning to play and rally around him.

I agree some are way over the top in throwing TB to the wolves, but I have needed to critique the Pats philosophy of throwing the ball all over the place and getting beaten badly in the playoffs when physical play is needed.

Thanks for the post!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : The truth. Buffalo, Pissburgh and NYG
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

You're on thin ice my friend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to To the Brady critics.:
    [QUOTE]You know nothing about this game. You are fools. You have been spoiled and deserve a Mark Sanchez rather than the greatest QB this game has ever seen. Your constant elevating of mediocre players at the expense of the greatest Patriot is sickening. Your comments about  ball washing, blow up dolls and blow jobs toward fans who appreciate greatness when they see it are despicable. You are a pathetic excuse for a fan.

And of course you know EVERYTHING right. The simple fact is that Brady has had a couple of stinkers this season and you in your undying love for him refuse to admit it. You've defended him with some of the dumbest assertions I've ever seen. Interceptions don't matter. Not getting a lead before the last 2 minutes of a game doesn't matter. And then you accuse others of not knowing anything about football? It's pathetic.

Brady found hs old self during the second half of the Jets game. No turnovers, a lead thoughout the second half and poof we won. Imagine that.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You guys don't appear to know very much about the Patriots.

"Belichick was given a choice by the NFL to introduce either the offense or defense. Belichick chose neither, asking that the team be introduced all at once in the spirit of unity. Although this was initially rejected by the NFL, Belichick held his ground and the NFL honored his request."

Brady is great, but not unstoppable.  He is just ONE guy.  A great one, but just one.  We will someday need to replace him, and I'm betting we will do that just fine.  All the moving parts will be moving on, and I think that will also be just fine.  I'm only worried about the guy at the top, who brought his philosophy to us, withstood the naysayers and past failure reminders, incriminations and critiques of his players, team, scheme, and chances.  He did what he thought was right.  
    He fired Drew Bledsoe.  Remember that one?
    He dumped Terry Glenn.  Remember that?  
    He brought in Rodney Harrison and let Lawyer Milloy walk one week before the season!  
    He let Ty Law go!  Ted Johnson!  He let Bruschi play!
    And we all SCREAMED, ROARED, GOGGLED that it was disaster, we would not win, he was insane, we were doomed.  Wrong.  Well, I learned something along the way.  He was usually right.  I learned to trust him.  Time and time again, he did what everyone else didn't do, didn't think to do, or didn't believe would ever work.  And was right.  So I trust him.

At some point Bill Belichick will leave the Patriots.  THAT is when you are going to be seeing the end of the era.  All the sturm und drang about if Brady is great, perfect, or whatever, is pointless.  If he goes down next week, someone will step in.  They will not be as good.  We will see the Patriots come together and unite, AS ALWAYS, and play some great ball.  Maybe they will win it all, maybe not.  But they WON'T fall apart, point fingers, call each other out, and generally act like Jets.  Because Bill Belichick chose to be introduced as a team, and is willing to fight for it.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

My problem is less about Brady and more about the play calling.  I want to see Brady succeed in the playoffs one more time before he's done.  Having a run game will get him there easier than without one.  I love to see Brady light it up, but then I remember what it's like for the Pats to become one-dimensional in the playoffs and go home. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to To the Brady critics. : And of course you know EVERYTHING right. The simple fact is that Brady has had a couple of stinkers this season and you in your undying love for him refuse to admit it. You've defended him with some of the dumbest assertions I've ever seen. Interceptions don't matter. Not getting a lead before the last 2 minutes of a game doesn't matter. And then you accuse others of not knowing anything about football? It's pathetic. Brady found hs old self during the second half of the Jets game. No turnovers, a lead thoughout the second half and poof we won. Imagine that.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Evil I think I agree w/ you on some things.  I believe the last 4 weeks including the 1st half were great for the team and especially Brady.  He had forgotten how to win.  It's easy to win when you are up 28-7 in the 4th but what about when you fall behind early or even late, then what do you do. I have felt since 07, he has been losing that will to win, that cool head that acts as if he loves it when he is down and brings his team back to pull out the last second wins.  Isn't that every athlete dreams of including you and I as kids.  We love to blow out a team, yet the greatest games we all remember are the close one whether we win or lose like being down 3-0 and having to scrounge to get to game 7 and then winning it vs the Yankees, and the complete opposite was the game Seinfeld rubs our noses in seemingly almost every time we watch him & that was THE Game 6 in 86!!

I don't mind blowing teams out, but if it causes them to get all insecure inside everytime they get behind, they WILL not win it all!!  Occasionally there are seasons where a team goes from the 1st day to the last a far superior team, but most like 07 fade, not being great simply because they were out played physically.

I loved the way Brady looked in the 2nd half, and he may have been cooler under pressure than I have ever seen him and it was this adversity, struggling to remember deep in his soul where that part of him got lost, and he was so off the whole 1st half and in the 2nd he was, well, he was the real Tom Brady!!

So please BB and TB, remember how you won those SBs, and remember to be tough in the trenches, use the running game and remember how to win the game when you are in the mists of losing it!

Use the 5 wide outs and the no huddle judiciously!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts