To the Brady critics.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: To the Brady critics.

The only thing that has hurt Brady in a few games this year and in playoff games is the open book offense we have. Nothing else. His skills are as sharp as ever. His clutch factor is as good as ever(as he has proven a few times already this year) and he is fired up on the sidelines.

Throwing into 7 d-backs all day because we cannot figure out how to use a running game is the only thing that causes turnover, etc...

Be less predictable on offense, effectively mix in a running game and watch Brady carry this team to another SB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics.:
    In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Yeah....that's all well and good, except you are mixing apples with oranges while overlooking the facts..! It wasn't any Brady shortcomings that resulted in the SB loss to the Giants.  If you recall, assuming you were old enough to be up that late and watching, Brady marched the Pats down the field to what should have been the game-winning TD.  It was the defense that gave up the Giants' winning score, and correct me if I'm wrong, but TB doesn't play on defense, does he..? Same for the 2006 AFC Championship Game...  Brady put NE ahead, but the D couldn't stop the Colts. Now, if you and others are so naive and spoiled as to think TB failed in either case to pull the game out because he had 30 seconds or so of possession left, and only had 80 yards to cover for another TD, then you don't deserve to be considered NE Patriots fans, but rather "Bandwagon" Pats' fans.
    Posted by Mr Bojangles

And what was your previous name? The defense did it's job. It's not their fault the refs let the Giants O line hold on every single play. This is why you should never allow the score to be close enough for the refs to effect the outcome. It's also not the defense's fault that the offense did nothing the whole game. It's not the offense's fault either as the Giants had a perfect defensive game plan that was perfectly executed. And don't underestimate how badly the offense was hurt by the loss of Faulk early in the game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. :      No. Koolaid drinkers do that. Objective fans call 'em like they see 'em. You have "rabbit ears" when it comes to Brady, Babe. Any slight criticism of the "Terrific One" ticks you off.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Wrong. Brady has had quite a few bad plays this year. He and every QB has them. My issue is with those who claim he is "the problem". My issue is with those that think a great season isn't a great season because they expect perfection at all times. My issue is with those ingrates who do not realize without Brady we would be lucky to be a .500 team. My issue is with those who harp on 10 INTs and ignore 23 TDs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Wrong. Brady has had quite a few bad plays this year. He and every QB has them. My issue is with those who claim he is "the problem". My issue is with those that think a great season isn't a great season because they expect perfection at all times. My issue is with those ingrates who do not realize without Brady we would be lucky to be a .500 team. My issue is with those who harp on 10 INTs and ignore 23 TDs.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I've seen only one poster who puts blame solely at Brady's feet. But on the other hand you're the exact opposite with your refusal to admit that he shares some of the blame.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : I've seen only one poster who puts blame solely at Brady's feet. But on the other hand you're the exact opposite with your refusal to admit that he shares some of the blame.
    Posted by Evil2012

I have no problem saying Brady shares some of the blame for the 3 games we have lost. When he plays like an average QB we have a very good chance of losing because we are then a very average team.  The best thing about Brady is that he invariably steps up when the game is on the line, even when he had had an average game. And he did do that in two of the three losses.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sorry Russ. Again with defending the defense. I'm not buying it...again.

Yes, the D has played well as of late. They should facing Sanchez. The problem is when facing a good offense (like Pitt), they struggled mightily. To case blame on the Offense in that game is crazy. The defense couldn't get off the field and allowed Pitt to hold the ball twice as long as the Pats O did. So your premise is that with 1/2 the time, Brady and the Offense should have outscored Pitt? That seems like a lot of 2 minute drills and spread offenses..just the thing you complain about everyday on this board.

Brady has been far from perfect this year. 10 interceptions for him is not the norm. However, Brady and the Offense represent our best chance to win period. I asked you this question on another post and you didn't answer...actually you danced around the question because you won't answer it for whatever reason. Here I go again...

"With the game on the line, 2 minutes to go. Would you rather put the ball in Brady's hands to march 80 yards and score a TD, or trust the defense enough to hold a team from marching 80 yards to score a TD?".

Brady is not perfect and either is anyone on this team. I don't expect him to be, but the level of tolerance for perfection on his position is heads and shoulders above any other position on the field.

Another poster mentioned "Brady changing after 06'-07'. Why is that? From a game manager to feeling like winning the game was now on him and the offense. Could it be because our defense significantly dropped off since then? Do you think there is a bit more added pressure on Brady to carry this team since our defense has been subpar for quite some time?

I'm not a Brady apologist or ball washer. But, putting blame on him and the O while you casually ignore the defenses woes, is comical.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ.
    The Defense has played well at times, espeically with the personnel they have. I see it as a true miracle BB has got production out of that group given the tools he hand picked, and has to work with.

I'm not sure how the offense rallied late in teh Jets game. Even without ST's fumble recovery, or Nink's INT, they still put up 23 points or so. Enough to beat the Jets. I would argue that Nink's INT was icing on the cake. The outcome of the game was decided at that point. The more critical turnover was McKnight's fumble. That is on ST who played well, and is supposed to. They are supposed to give the Offense and Defense nice field position.

The way I see it, all 3 phases of our game executed well against the Jets. We haven't really had a game this year where all 3 have been firing in unison. That is really the problem here. It's not on Brady and the Offense, the Defense or ST alone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'd just look at this whole subject another way that maybe everyone could agree on.

Who on the Patriots is the MVP through 9 games?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, the D is looking better. The jets O is pretty anemic, but still, they are looking better. If they can get in a mode where they play clutch in the endgame I think we have a real shot to make some noise at playoff time. BB is getting a lot from his thrown together on the fly D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'd just look at this whole subject another way that maybe everyone could agree on. Who on the Patriots is the MVP through 9 games?
    Posted by nyjoseph

Tom Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

It's baloney. The D is playing above average in 3/4 games, one of which we lost due to anemic offense, one we won because Brady and Co. woke up in the last minute.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

How do you define above average? I agree with you that the offense has problems, but I do not understand how a defense that is above average in 3/4 of it games ends up last in yards per game and middle of the pack points per game. As much as I loved the performance on Sunday, and I still expect this team to finish 12-4 at worst, you are still giving this defense way too much credit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'd just look at this whole subject another way that maybe everyone could agree on. Who on the Patriots is the MVP through 9 games?
    Posted by nyjoseph

Who else but - 85!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Yeah....that's all well and good, except you are mixing apples with oranges while overlooking the facts..! It wasn't any Brady shortcomings that resulted in the SB loss to the Giants.  If you recall, assuming you were old enough to be up that late and watching, Brady marched the Pats down the field to what should have been the game-winning TD.  It was the defense that gave up the Giants' winning score, and correct me if I'm wrong, but TB doesn't play on defense, does he..? Same for the 2006 AFC Championship Game...  Brady put NE ahead, but the D couldn't stop the Colts. Now, if you and others are so naive and spoiled as to think TB failed in either case to pull the game out because he had 30 seconds or so of possession left, and only had 80 yards to cover for another TD, then you don't deserve to be considered NE Patriots fans, but rather "Bandwagon" Pats' fans.
    Posted by Mr Bojangles

Bojangles - I agree on 2006, but in 07 and since then, it has been out offense that was supposedly the greatest offense ever, and that was from the fans here.  I knew from the 2nd game of that year this Offense would not do well in the playoffs seeing it was all finesse.

We lost that SB, because our offense was terrible, and not just Brady, but mostly our Oline.  Our D was so so, and yet it played its heart out just to keep it close, and they did, and if not for our D, they would not have had even a slight chance to be out there on the field for that last minute drive the Giants made to win the game, because the Giants would have been up by 3 TDs, and Brady's drive late would not have mattered.  That offense was the problem and it has been in the 3 str8 playoff losses.  It didn't do a single thing to battle back from being behind vs the Ravens in the 1st quarter, and most fans I know, knew in the Jets game last year that as soon as that screen pass by Brady was thrown almost str8 up in the air and picked off that our great offense would not be competitive for the rest of the game.  It was more of the offense losing its edge, and therefore couldn't compete with the great D the Jets were trying to play from the get go.  We were moving the ball easily till that pick and would you say the Jets started playing D after or during that play that caused the pick.  The Jets were already had their game plan, and can you say they were just showing the Pats a vanilla D early in the game?

This offense till the last 4 weeks has not been competitive when behind for most of the last 5 years, and these 4 games have brought out the come from behind edge that made Brady famous, and I am not speaking about winning passing titles, MVPs, and throwing 50 TE passes, but winning games when his teams back was against the wall!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Sorry Russ. Again with defending the defense. I'm not buying it...again. Yes, the D has played well as of late. They should facing Sanchez. The problem is when facing a good offense (like Pitt), they struggled mightily. To case blame on the Offense in that game is crazy. The defense couldn't get off the field and allowed Pitt to hold the ball twice as long as the Pats O did. So your premise is that with 1/2 the time, Brady and the Offense should have outscored Pitt? That seems like a lot of 2 minute drills and spread offenses..just the thing you complain about everyday on this board. Brady has been far from perfect this year. 10 interceptions for him is not the norm. However, Brady and the Offense represent our best chance to win period. I asked you this question on another post and you didn't answer...actually you danced around the question because you won't answer it for whatever reason. Here I go again... "With the game on the line, 2 minutes to go. Would you rather put the ball in Brady's hands to march 80 yards and score a TD, or trust the defense enough to hold a team from marching 80 yards to score a TD?". Brady is not perfect and either is anyone on this team. I don't expect him to be, but the level of tolerance for perfection on his position is heads and shoulders above any other position on the field. Another poster mentioned "Brady changing after 06'-07'. Why is that? From a game manager to feeling like winning the game was now on him and the offense. Could it be because our defense significantly dropped off since then? Do you think there is a bit more added pressure on Brady to carry this team since our defense has been subpar for quite some time? I'm not a Brady apologist or ball washer. But, putting blame on him and the O while you casually ignore the defenses woes, is comical.
    Posted by PatsLifer

PatsLifer, the offense since 07 has been less productive in the playoffs than the 06 offense in the playoffs. IN 3 str8 playoff losses, the Pats great offense has scored 49 total points which is 16 points per game.

The worse offense Brady has had was 06 and they scored 35 in the AFC title game loss, then BB decided he needed a better offense - Like Manning's Colts who also have a great offense and in his 10 losses in the playoffs, they have averaged 13 per game in those losses.

So we have a great regular season offense and it is useless in the playoffs.

Where does it go from here my friend?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Bojangles - I agree on 2006, but in 07 and since then, it has been out offense that was supposedly the greatest offense ever, and that was from the fans here.  I knew from the 2nd game of that year this Offense would not do well in the playoffs seeing it was all finesse. We lost that SB, because our offense was terrible, and not just Brady, but mostly our Oline.  Our D was so so, and yet it played its heart out just to keep it close, and they did, and if not for our D, they would not have had even a slight chance to be out there on the field for that last minute drive the Giants made to win the game, because the Giants would have been up by 3 TDs, and Brady's drive late would not have mattered.  That offense was the problem and it has been in the 3 str8 playoff losses.  It didn't do a single thing to battle back from being behind vs the Ravens in the 1st quarter, and most fans I know, knew in the Jets game last year that as soon as that screen pass by Brady was thrown almost str8 up in the air and picked off that our great offense would not be competitive for the rest of the game.  It was more of the offense losing its edge, and therefore couldn't compete with the great D the Jets were trying to play from the get go.  We were moving the ball easily till that pick and would you say the Jets started playing D after or during that play that caused the pick.  The Jets were already had their game plan, and can you say they were just showing the Pats a vanilla D early in the game? This offense till the last 4 weeks has not been competitive when behind for most of the last 5 years, and these 4 games have brought out the come from behind edge that made Brady famous, and I am not speaking about winning passing titles, MVPs, and throwing 50 TE passes, but winning games when his teams back was against the wall!
    Posted by quasi

What always matters most is who steps up at the end when the game is on the line. We won 3 SBs with less than a stalwart performance by the D. But in the end they did the job and Brady invariably gets that job done. The key is not which side of the ball played better through the game. The key is who does their job when the win is there for the taking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Sorry Russ. Again with defending the defense. I'm not buying it...again. Yes, the D has played well as of late. They should facing Sanchez. The problem is when facing a good offense (like Pitt), they struggled mightily. To case blame on the Offense in that game is crazy. The defense couldn't get off the field and allowed Pitt to hold the ball twice as long as the Pats O did. So your premise is that with 1/2 the time, Brady and the Offense should have outscored Pitt? That seems like a lot of 2 minute drills and spread offenses..just the thing you complain about everyday on this board. Brady has been far from perfect this year. 10 interceptions for him is not the norm. However, Brady and the Offense represent our best chance to win period. I asked you this question on another post and you didn't answer...actually you danced around the question because you won't answer it for whatever reason. Here I go again... "With the game on the line, 2 minutes to go. Would you rather put the ball in Brady's hands to march 80 yards and score a TD, or trust the defense enough to hold a team from marching 80 yards to score a TD?". Brady is not perfect and either is anyone on this team. I don't expect him to be, but the level of tolerance for perfection on his position is heads and shoulders above any other position on the field. Another poster mentioned "Brady changing after 06'-07'. Why is that? From a game manager to feeling like winning the game was now on him and the offense. Could it be because our defense significantly dropped off since then? Do you think there is a bit more added pressure on Brady to carry this team since our defense has been subpar for quite some time? I'm not a Brady apologist or ball washer. But, putting blame on him and the O while you casually ignore the defenses woes, is comical.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Nice post! I agree, it's not that the guy has been lights out perfect, it's that he's been very good and people don't realize that it's rare and difficult to do that at that position. We'd be a 3 and 6 team without him...tops.

A few people around here are getting all excited about how the defense played against Sanchez and a sub par offensive line. Listen, I hope they are improved and ready to turn the corner, because if so then this thing is wide open. Who's a really good team right now in the afc? If our defense is not going to be a problem, I like our chances...I'm not sure that is the case.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How about we agree on this:  "The Patriots will NEVER play the PERFECT game to satisfy EVERYONE!"  Seems regardless of how they win, someone has a bone to pick with the team's play, hence, the perfect game will never happen!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Posted by PatsLifer

There has always been pressure on Brady to carry this team.  In 01 SB vs Rams, His team was up 17-3 into the 4th Q and the D gave up 14 str8 points and Brady had to come out w/ 1:30 left, the pressure all on him to win.  In 03 vs the Panthers the Pats up by 4 at the half, and in the 4th the D gave up 19 points as Delhomme made them look like the last 2 years D, and Brady had to put up 18 in a back and forth game to win it w/ .04 seconds left.

So please don't tell me about the 2001 - 2005 D. It had some very poor play very late in big games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : What always matters most is who steps up at the end when the game is on the line. We won 3 SBs with less than a stalwart performance by the D. But in the end they did the job and Brady invariably gets that job done. The key is not which side of the ball played better through the game. The key is who does their job when the win is there for the taking.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I agree in principle, but this is not even a good offense yet which is why I felt brady should have run some time off the clock, and he had plenty of time and a 1st down just waiting for them, and this offense has been terrible at the end till lately, and ALL the pressure has been on a poor D.

The offense has to step up sometimes, especially when it is the strength of your team.  You are reaching if you think for one second that this D is going to be there at the end as it has shown, and with all the pressure on the offense,  Brady had to relearn how to come from behind which is a blessing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Bojangles - I agree on 2006, but in 07 and since then, it has been our offense that was supposedly the greatest offense ever, and that was from the fans here.  I knew from the 2nd game of that year this Offense would not do well in the playoffs seeing it was all finesse. We lost that SB, because our offense was terrible, and not just Brady, but mostly our Oline.  Our D was so so, and yet it played its heart out just to keep it close, and they did, and if not for our D, they would not have had even a slight chance to be out there on the field for that last minute drive the Giants made to win the game, because the Giants would have been up by 3 TDs, and Brady's drive late would not have mattered.  That offense was the problem and it has been in the 3 str8 playoff losses.  It didn't do a single thing to battle back from being behind vs the Ravens in the 1st quarter, and most fans I know, knew in the Jets game last year that as soon as that screen pass by Brady was thrown almost str8 up in the air and picked off that our great offense would not be competitive for the rest of the game.  It was more of the offense losing its edge, and therefore couldn't compete with the great D the Jets were trying to play from the get go.  We were moving the ball easily till that pick and would you say the Jets started playing D after or during that play that caused the pick.  The Jets were already had their game plan, and can you say they were just showing the Pats a vanilla D early in the game? This offense till the last 4 weeks has not been competitive when behind for most of the last 5 years, and these 4 games have brought out the come from behind edge that made Brady famous, and I am not speaking about winning passing titles, MVPs, and throwing 50 TE passes, but winning games when his teams back was against the wall!
    Posted by quasi

Sections
Shortcuts