To the Brady critics.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Re: To the Brady critics.

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics.:
    In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : I agree in principle, but this is not even a good defense yet which is why I felt brady should have run some time off the clock, and he had plenty of time and a 1st down just waiting for them, and this offense has been terrible at the end till lately, and ALL the pressure has been on a poor D. The offense has to step up sometimes, especially when it is the strength of your team.  You are reaching if you think for one second that this D is going to be there at the end as it has shown, and with all the pressure on the offense,  Brady had to relearn how to come from behind which is a blessing.
    Posted by quasi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Bojangles - I agree on 2006, but in 07 and since then, it has been out offense that was supposedly the greatest offense ever, and that was from the fans here.  I knew from the 2nd game of that year this Offense would not do well in the playoffs seeing it was all finesse. We lost that SB, because our offense was terrible, and not just Brady, but mostly our Oline.  Our D was so so, and yet it played its heart out just to keep it close, and they did, and if not for our D, they would not have had even a slight chance to be out there on the field for that last minute drive the Giants made to win the game, because the Giants would have been up by 3 TDs, and Brady's drive late would not have mattered.  That offense was the problem and it has been in the 3 str8 playoff losses.  It didn't do a single thing to battle back from being behind vs the Ravens in the 1st quarter, and most fans I know, knew in the Jets game last year that as soon as that screen pass by Brady was thrown almost str8 up in the air and picked off that our great offense would not be competitive for the rest of the game.  It was more of the offense losing its edge, and therefore couldn't compete with the great D the Jets were trying to play from the get go.  We were moving the ball easily till that pick and would you say the Jets started playing D after or during that play that caused the pick.  The Jets were already had their game plan, and can you say they were just showing the Pats a vanilla D early in the game? This offense till the last 4 weeks has not been competitive when behind for most of the last 5 years, and these 4 games have brought out the come from behind edge that made Brady famous, and I am not speaking about winning passing titles, MVPs, and throwing 50 TE passes, but winning games when his teams back was against the wall!
    Posted by quasi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : I have no problem saying Brady shares some of the blame for the 3 games we have lost. When he plays like an average QB we have a very good chance of losing because we are then a very average team.  The best thing about Brady is that he invariably steps up when the game is on the line, even when he had had an average game. And he did do that in two of the three losses.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Maybe you should go back and read some of the idiotic defenses of turnovers you've posted

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Maybe you should go back and read some of the idiotic defenses of turnovers you've posted
    Posted by Evil2012

I haven't defended turnovers Evil One. They happen. None of us like them. They are happening at a rate consistent with the top 30 all-time for a career in the NFL. Brady is having a decent year regarding INTs by his own standards and a better year than he had in two of his SB years. And he is having his second best TD year ever so far.

So you are the buffoon when you exaggerate the impact of the INTs. I'm sure you have been told many many times in your life you have problems. They're right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : I haven't defended turnovers Evil One. They happen. None of us like them. They are happening at a rate consistent with the top 30 all-time for a career in the NFL. Brady is having a decent year regarding INTs by his own standards and a better year than he had in two of his SB years. And he is having his second best TD year ever so far. So you are the buffoon when you exaggerate the impact of the INTs. I'm sure you have been told many many times in your life you have problems. They're right.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Buffoon? What are you 10 years old? We've been through this before Mr Delusion. You kept tossing out numbers while refusing to admit that where you throw the INT is important. According to your delusion throwing one that's caught mid field is no different then one on your 15 or the other team's goal line. You're pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Just when I thought we turned this thread "nice" Evil breaks out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Just when I thought we turned this thread "nice" Evil breaks out.
    Posted by Davedsone

I get tired of the little turd after a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Buffoon? What are you 10 years old? We've been through this before Mr Delusion. You kept tossing out numbers while refusing to admit that where you throw the INT is important. According to your delusion throwing one that's caught mid field is no different then one on your 15 or the other team's goal line. You're pathetic.
    Posted by Evil2012

Evil, I believe what he is saying is with some teams or players, when an interception or any TO occurs against their team, you can either get down about, or you can make a play when needed to get the ball back on downs, or score when you get the ball back or many other things.  You CAN lose the TO game and win!!

It isn't how many picks, points, or whatever you get, but when you get them and that basic statement was made by the Greatest Team Player ever, Mr. Bill Russell.  

Yes, the odds are you will lose when you lose more TOs and too many penalties, but the Raiders had so many penalties years ago and still beat up on everyone.

I would just say to consider what Babe is saying here.  He is very right, and our Pats with BB have always created TOs in crucial moments when their backs were against the wall deep in their own territory after the offense turned the ball over making the plays when the plays need to be made, and that is what makes a true champion, because they will always have a chance no matter when they make a mistake.  

They make plays, and that is second to outscoring your opponent in importance.  If you believe in stats, and you will always feel you have to win the TO part of the game, & when you don't and lose, then you have not learned how to make big plays and find ways to win.

Stats are for Losers!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Evil, I believe what he is saying is with some teams or players, when an interception or any TO occurs against their team, you can either get down about, or you can make a play when needed to get the ball back on downs, or score when you get the ball back or many other things.  You CAN lose the TO game and win!! It isn't how many picks, points, or whatever you get, but when you get them and that basic statement was made by the Greatest Team Player ever, Mr. Bill Russell.   Yes, the odds are you will lose when you lose more TOs and too many penalties, but the Raiders had so many penalties years ago and still beat up on everyone. I would just say to consider what Babe is saying here.  He is very right, and our Pats with BB have always created TOs in crucial moments when their backs were against the wall deep in their own territory after the offense turned the ball over making the plays when the plays need to be made, and that is what makes a true champion, because they will always have a chance no matter when they make a mistake.   They make plays, and that is second to outscoring your opponent in importance.  If you believe in stats, and you will always feel you have to win the TO part of the game, & when you don't and lose, then you have not learned how to make big plays and find ways to win. Stats are for Losers!!
    Posted by quasi

Originally I attempted to point out the obvious fact that  turnovers lose games , turnovers in the opponents's red zone give up points and turnovers in your red zone gives up points. Both of these kind were done in the same game. His arguments went something like 'he's a first ballot HOF QB', 'turnovers aren't that important' and 'having a lead in the 1st 55 minutes of the game isn't important'. All these go against the most basic football winning principles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Originally I attempted to point out the obvious fact that  turnovers lose games , turnovers in the opponents's red zone give up points and turnovers in your red zone gives up points. Both of these kind were done in the same game. His arguments went something like 'he's a first ballot HOF QB', 'turnovers aren't that important' and 'having a lead in the 1st 55 minutes of the game isn't important'. All these go against the most basic football winning principles.
    Posted by Evil2012

What I was saying was the young Brady was always confident he could win games by being behind in the last 5 minutes or even the last 1 minute plus a few seconds, and that is a huge advantage to the way Tom has been playing in the last 5 years. When finding himself behind in a game at almost any time of the game, maybe from always being so far in front early, he has gotten passive and looking like he has no confidence in being behind and that is the worse thing a great QB can be is being afraid when you are behind, especially late in the game.

So I agree with Babe if you have a truly great QB like the young Tom and Montana, it mean nothing to be down by a TD in the last 5 minutes.  They came out like they were going to win and the teams actually looked like they were playing in slow motion, they were so in sync.  These things I speak of are the intangibles and the QB to watch right now for this is Tebow.  He does what it takes to win and he is not in TB's class, but he has a worse team and finds ways to win that TB couldn't do consistently until the last 4 weeks where he wasn't winning them all but he began to get that part of him that is never afraid of the last 5 minutes and being down, and when you win that way your whole team rises to another level.  The 2001 team was not suppose to do anything and he came in during game 3(?) and the franchise changed.

It's great to not Turn the ball over, and what's even better is that you find a way to win no matter what!

There is a reason the young Brady and Big Ben have won 5 SBs between them and guys like Peyton Manning squeezed one out by learning to be TB for one season, got the SB ring, and went back to being Peyton, which Brady has been an imitation of since 07 and neither can score in the playoffs when they are pressured in being behind and can't come back, and Manning in 10 losses in his career averages 13 points per loss with a great offense, and Brady with a great offense since 07 averaged 16 points in the last 3 losses.

They don't know how - TB forgot - to win in the playoffs when the game gets close and physical and the young Brady would never have let the Ravens run away with that playoff game in the 1st period, and the seasoned veteran did nothing at all and that says something.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: To the Brady critics. : Buffoon? What are you 10 years old? We've been through this before Mr Delusion. You kept tossing out numbers while refusing to admit that where you throw the INT is important. According to your delusion throwing one that's caught mid field is no different then one on your 15 or the other team's goal line. You're pathetic.
    Posted by Evil2012

I was being kind with the buffoon remark. It's actually much worse than that. Right from the start with your stupid name and avatar your lack of worth is obvious. I have never seen anything spew from you that has shown a modicum of intelligence.

We all know INTs aren't a good thing dikwad. And we know they are worse on our own 15. What your clueless brain can't get around is that they happen to the best of them and Brady's rate to this point is nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever for a good QB to have. You are the most delusional turd on here except for king turd himself.

Sections
Shortcuts