To the geniuses at the CBS network...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network...

In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network...:
    In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : My big qualm: Bill Polian's opposition to Bill Belichick's proposal that each team have a camera lined up with each sideline and goal line to standardize instant replays.  Right now they're at the mercy of whoever might be shooting for TV at the time, and I don't think that's right. I still remember all the Denver fans on ESPN.com who admitted that they were at the divisional game against the Patriots in January of 2006 when Benjamin Watson chased down Champ Bailey and forced a fumble that, according to people who were sitting in that corner, clearly traveled through the end zone for what should have been a touchback and Patriots ball, not out of bounds at the one yard line and Denver ball as ruled.  Others said that they were cheering for Denver to hurry up and get the extra point off before the Pats challenged it.  With standardized camera angles, these things would be obvious. But it's Belichick's idea, and Polian is only interested in preventing Belichick's press coverage from beating up on his receivers.  Better to promote dubious pass interference and illegal contact calls like in the Jets/Dolphins game last night than improve play with standardized replay angles that guarantee views of the boundary plays being challenged...
    Posted by NickC1188

Nick, I haven't looked this up, but are you certain that Polian is opposed to Belichick's idea?  Now granted, I could easily see Polian opposed to anything Belichick suggests simply on the grounds of a seeming distaste for one another, but many times personal issues get set aside for business to move forward. 

Additionally, and I don't really get this, there are how many on this committee, 8?  And everyone here likens it to a dictatorship as if no one else on the committee owns their own set or if they did would have no idea how to use them. 

To me, this is conspiracy taken to the nth degree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

How did the letter N become the poster child for degrees gone out of control?

Was Z busy that day?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

How did the letter N become the poster child for degrees gone out of control? Was Z busy that day?
    Posted by prairiemike

Have you ever tried to say "zth"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Zedth would work, I suppose, but only if you were in England.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

How did the letter N become the poster child for degrees gone out of control? Was Z busy that day?
    Posted by prairiemike

Mathematical convention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Buy a bigger TV

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : Nick, I haven't looked this up, but are you certain that Polian is opposed to Belichick's idea?  Now granted, I could easily see Polian opposed to anything Belichick suggests simply on the grounds of a seeming distaste for one another, but many times personal issues get set aside for business to move forward.  Additionally, and I don't really get this, there are how many on this committee, 8?  And everyone here likens it to a dictatorship as if no one else on the committee owns their own set or if they did would have no idea how to use them.  To me, this is conspiracy taken to the nth degree.
    Posted by underdogg

Wrong member of the competition committee (Rich McKay):

Nonetheless, Polian was the most vocal in complaining about the Patriots mugging his receivers, which is why we don't like him.  It would figure him and Mike Martz would be the driving force behind the increase in defensive secondary penalties.

And I can't help but think that cameras on every boundary would be logical.  As one recent article noted, the one team that reports its financials publicly (the Packers) made $20 million in profits last year.  They have the money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : does this mean you are a female??  because you like the "crawl"
    Posted by NEGAME

game, i struggled to find a better word than "feminization", but being in a hurry i regrettably used it anyway.  the right way to put it is the "offensification" of football.  my apologies go out to all bad azz sista's everywhere, first and foremost, you....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNotSmallFeet. Show AcheNotSmallFeet's posts

You know, reading through the discussion here, I'm thinking, maybe we should have the Competition Committee petition CBS to have the crawl removed

Lobbying the network about its broadcasts is beyond the Committee purview, I suppose, but so what?

Just convince Polian that Belichick loves the damn crawl, and surely it will be taken off the air immediately, right? Isnt that how it works?

Btw, I dont know how this thread morphed into a discussion about the Competition Committee, but okay. That is message boarding for you

Peace

Sections
Shortcuts