To the Whiners:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Re: To the Whiners:

In Response to To the Whiners::
    [QUOTE]Maybe you should become Tampa Bay, Buffalo, or Kansas City fans. That way, you won't be so disappointed all the time because you won't have such high expectations. I have never seen so many spoiled fans be so miserable about a 7-4 team that has a 2+ game lead in their division, and is only 1 game behind for a first round bye. They can't go 16-0 every year. It's been more fun to watch them this year than it was in 2007 anyways! If I remember correctly, at least 2 of the 3 years that the Pats won the Super Bowl, they had a humiliating loss in there somewhere (Bills 31-0? Steelers 34-13?). I actually saw someone say that they're better off tanking the rest of the season and trying to improve their draft pick. Are you kidding me? Some people need to realize that we've got it pretty good around here with Sports...and this team is as likeable as any Pats team I've seen this decade. One thing I've learned this decade is that you can never really count the Pats out. Being miserable about a 7-4 team isn't really being a fan as much as it is being a hater. I understand that maybe this year they don't have the best team in the league....oh my god...what are we going to do now???? And remember....in 2001, the Pats didn't have the best team in the league, and it ended up being the greatest season in franchise history...so maybe the season isn't over just yet. Enjoy the ride, or get off the bus!
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

But they wont get the tuck rule this year...so its all over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hmmmmmm but even though I agree with you in principal, SOMETHING is amiss with this team on both sides of the ball.... a certain "get it done" mentality that Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker are the only examples of lately.  In the better years, you had confidence that SOMEONE would step up.  No one seems to be doing much of it except those two.  I like the team, and hope the finish jelling and find that something.  But it does make me nervous.  Tell me I'm wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: To the Whiners::
    [QUOTE]Hmmmmmm but even though I agree with you in principal, SOMETHING is amiss with this team on both sides of the ball.... a certain "get it done" mentality that Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker are the only examples of lately.  In the better years, you had confidence that SOMEONE would step up.  No one seems to be doing much of it except those two.  I like the team, and hope the finish jelling and find that something.  But it does make me nervous.  Tell me I'm wrong.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong.  This has been discussed a lot on this board.  We no longer have enough players with that intangible "clutch play" quality.  That's what won our championships; players who outplayed themselves at the most critical times.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

The Pats were a much better team before spygate...I wonder what happened...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]as stated before, the pats were NOT the best team in the NFL in 2001 but won the superbowl... Constrastly, in 2007 we were (statistically and record-wise) the BEST team in the NFL.  we saw how that worked out for us.  the NFL is an unpredictable league.  this should be an interesting (and fun) winter.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely true.  I found an NFL preview 2001 from Maxim a while ago and it had the Vegas betting odds of the Pats(and everyone else) winning the Super Bowl that year.  I think it was something like 400 to 1, and they were way down the list.  They were not all that dominant through the season that year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]as stated before, the pats were NOT the best team in the NFL in 2001 but won the superbowl... Constrastly, in 2007 we were (statistically and record-wise) the BEST team in the NFL.  we saw how that worked out for us.  the NFL is an unpredictable league.  this should be an interesting (and fun) winter.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

That's a good point Fowler. I posted last year that the even though the Steelers won the Superbowl, they were beaten-up on the local talk-shows during the season, after every loss. Just like the Pats lost to New Orleans, the Steelers were totally embarrassed by the Eagles, last year during the regular season. And late in the season, Tennessee put a good whipping on them also. The way the NFL is anymore, the big thing is to get into the playoffs (and the Pats are 2 games up) and be peaking at the right time. Tennessee was the talk of the league last year, just like New Orleans is this year. But they loss early in the playoffs. Anything can happen once the playoffs start, and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if the Pats get another shot at the Saints.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I agree with everything you said except for the part about the Pats being more interesting to watch now, than for the 2007 season. I believe a couple of Pats fans said the same thing last year when Brady was lost for the season. 11-0 or 7-4, I have to choose 11-0.