In response to tanbass's comment:
In response to pezz4pats's comment:
- I do not understand this reasoning.
- When the D loses a 13 pt lead and a 9 point lead on 2 seperate occasions, you blame the O?
- Theres a freaken problem with the D if they cant win without a 3 score lead.
- Do you really expect the O to have a 3 score lead every game? Like last year?
- Grant it, the zebras really hurt the D last night but the O did what they could with the same issues.
- Offensive PI my arse. No offensive PI's on the ravens 3 push-off's? Terrible all around, but you should win with 30pts. No sacks, hits, and more dropped balls than the O. WOW!
I never once put all the blame on the offense. The defense flat out sucked last night. Nobody can give up 500+ yards, 31 points, zero sacks, 3 dropped INTs and expect to win. But at the same time, both side have to do their part. Our offense had the ball with 3-4 mins left and a lead....and all they needed was a few first downs...game over. So they did in fact fail......ALONG WITH THE DEFENSE.
Guess what. The other team has a D too. Only their D can stop a team with sacks and holding the run game to 1 yard gains, forcing 3rd and longs. It's much easier to score when you play a D than can't do those things.
Again, why does the O have to be ahead by 3 scores late to win a game? That's totally unacceptable and been going on too long. The O played their arses off. You cannot expect them to score on every possession. It's the D's JOB to HOLD THE LEAD!!! TWICE!
ASK Vince if you don't believe it. "We really couldn't get off the field," Vince Wilfork said after the game. "Offense played their tails off and we just left them out to dry. We can't do that."