To the young D....WAKE UP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: To the young D....WAKE UP!

In response to tanbass's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

• I do not understand this reasoning.
    • When the D loses a 13 pt lead and a 9 point lead on 2 seperate occasions, you blame the O?
    • Theres a freaken problem with the D if they cant win without a 3 score lead.
    • Do you really expect the O to have a 3 score lead every game?  Like last year?
    • Grant it, the zebras really hurt the D last night but the O did what they could with the same issues.
    • Offensive PI my arse.  No offensive PI's on the ravens 3 push-off's?  Terrible all around, but you should win with 30pts.  No sacks, hits, and more dropped balls than the O. WOW!

I never once put all the blame on the offense. The defense flat out sucked last night. Nobody can give up 500+ yards, 31 points, zero sacks, 3 dropped INTs and expect to win. But at the same time, both side have to do their part. Our offense had the ball with 3-4 mins left and a lead....and all they needed was a few first downs...game over. So they did in fact fail......ALONG WITH THE DEFENSE.

Guess what.  The other team has a D too.  Only their D can stop a team with sacks and holding the run game to 1 yard gains, forcing 3rd and longs.  It's much easier to score when you play a D than can't do those things.

Again, why does the O have to be ahead by 3 scores late to win a game?  That's totally unacceptable and been going on too long.  The O played their arses off.  You cannot expect them to score on every possession.  It's the D's JOB to HOLD THE LEAD!!!  TWICE!

ASK Vince if you don't believe it.  "We really couldn't get off the field," Vince Wilfork said after the game. "Offense played their tails off and we just left them out to dry. We can't do that."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

• When the D loses a 13 pt lead and a 9 point lead on 2 seperate occasions, you blame the O?
    • Do you really expect the O to have a 3 score lead every game?  Like last year?
    • Grant it, the zebras really hurt the D last night but the O did what they could with the same issues.
    • Offensive PI my arse.  No offensive PI's on the ravens 3 push-off's?  Terrible all around, but you should win with 30pts.  No sacks, hits, and more dropped balls than the O. WOW!

I never once put all the blame on the offense. The defense flat out sucked last night. Nobody can give up 500+ yards, 31 points, zero sacks, 3 dropped INTs and expect to win. But at the same time, both side have to do their part. Our offense had the ball with 3-4 mins left and a lead....and all they needed was a few first downs...game over. So they did in fact fail......ALONG WITH THE DEFENSE.

Guess what.  The other team has a D too.  Only their D can stop a team with sacks and holding the run game to 1 yard gains, forcing 3rd and longs.  It's much easier to score when you play a D than can't do those things.

Again, why does the O have to be ahead by 3 scores late to win a game?  That's totally unacceptable and been going on too long.  The O played their arses off.  You cannot expect them to score on every possession.  It's the D's JOB to HOLD THE LEAD!!!  TWICE!

ASK Vince if you don't believe it.  "We really couldn't get off the field," Vince Wilfork said after the game. "Offense played their tails off and we just left them out to dry. We can't do that."

We'll just ignore the little fact that had it not been for the defense the game would have been over in the first half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

We'll just ignore the little fact that had it not been for the defense the game would have been over in the first half.

Wasn't the first half it was the first 3 possessions, then they blew the 13 point lead.

Bad officiating contributed but you have to overcome those things.  After the first qtr the D was horrendous and gave up 500 yards, 31 points, with no sacks and hits, 3 missed ints.  You can't win that way. 

Really?  31 points in 3 quarters and it's Brady's fault for not scoring more?  WOW!

Might want to change drug dealers, you're getting some bad stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

Again, why does the O have to be ahead by 3 scores late to win a game?  That's totally unacceptable and been going on too long.   

[/QUOTE]

Who said they needed to be ahead 3 scores? Certainly not me. All I said is that the O had the chance to run out the clock while they had the lead (only 2 at the time), and failed to do so. I also laid a huge amount of blame on the defense for giving up 500+ yards & 31 points. Stop putting words in my mouth. Both sides failed. I actually agree that the Offense played decent enough to win....but just not at the end when it counted. So I blame both sides, like I usually do....it's a team game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Saying they needed to score again after being ahead by 2 scores late is saying they needed 3 scores. They blew 2 score leads twice!

You're right, it is a team game but most teams WIN when they have 2 score leads twice, and score 30 points.  The only way they lose is if the D gives up 31 points and blows 2, 2 score leads and allow the other QB to complete over 70% of his passes.

Now Flacco = Eli.  Awesome!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Saying they needed to score again after being ahead by 2 scores late is saying they needed 3 scores. They blew 2 score leads twice!

You're right, it is a team game but most teams WIN when they have 2 score leads twice, and score 30 points.  The only way they lose is if the D gives up 31 points and blows 2, 2 score leads and allow the other QB to complete over 70% of his passes.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Who said they needed to score again? All they needed was a couple first downs to kill the clock....no score needed....they failed. They played pretty well, but not good enough.

Could that have been helped by the defense? Of course!! Never said the defense wan't at fault (as well) here. You give up 500 yards & 31 points, you should lose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

This is a young team.  BB always tinkers in the beginning  I see this team built like some of the old superbowl teams.  They had a bad night.  They have the ability to play better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We have the worst DB's football and Nink the useless Dink.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think when you study this defense, you had better take a look at last year's. What has changed? They replaced Carter with Chandler and although Chandler may turn into a better player, I'd say it's a wash right now (and that's pretty complimentary to a rookie). They didn't replace Anderson. Their prized free agent acquisition didn't make it out of camp (Fenene). With Spikes starting it is an upgrade over Fletcher (who had to start because Spikes got hurt last year). Hightower may develop.

The safety spot may be better, but that's not saying it's good. No one wanted Gregory, but we did. Chung can't cover. The corners look exactly the same as last year...bad. That leaves only a few ways they can improve - Trevor Scott has to show he's better than Nincovich and can replace some of Anderson's production. Ron Brace has to become a good player. Cunningham has to be something he looks like he'll never be...a pass rusher. And Myron Pryor has to come off the pup and perform at a high level. All of that could happen, then again none of it could too. There is no other players available - free agency ended months ago - these guys have to do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Well said, Pezz

Frustrating night all around, because that offense certainly didn't help us either...especially late in the game with a lead.....AGAIN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

A young defense with inconsistent play will be helped by blitzes.

But the patriots haven't had a creative blitz in 5 seasons.

Only team in the league that can't blitz.  Absolutely no creativity - no intimidation - no pressure.

Just rush 4 and drop 7 in a loose zone.  Follow that with rush 3 and drop 8.

A decent quarterback with all day to throw will find someone open after 5 - 7 seconds.

Plenty of talent - terrble strategy; terrible schemes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

^ This. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if mccourty could catch and arrington didnt trip over nothing, we wouldnt be having this discussion

Sections
Shortcuts