T.O. would put the Pats back on top again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats should just bite the bullet and sign T.O.  He's still a very good WR and teams could not cover a Moss/T.O. combo.  The Pats have a very mediocre running game right now, so winning with the Pass is a must.

As far as a team cancer goes, the only cancer I see is getting knocked out of the 1st round in a home playoff game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanOne. Show PatFanOne's posts

Re: T.O. would put the Pats back on top again!

Please take T.O. for N.E.
    Please add T.O. in the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

The only thing about T.O he will be a Distraction He thinks he is the best player and He wants to make sure everyone knows it. He has a EGO problem I think He will be a huge Distraction Now if he didn't have such a EGO problem I would say Yes cause Pats need all the help  they can get.  But T.O attitude would have to change. Thats why no other team has picked him up yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Sign him you have nothing to lose allllll to gain

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No thank you. he wuld be on the team by now if BB thought he brought real value. quit posting this dumb subject over and over again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. would put the Pats back on top again!:
    I'm indifferent on TO. I can see the potential up and downside if we were to sign him. The upside being, physically he is exactly what the Patriots are looking for in their WR opposite Moss. A top posession type guy who is deadly in the intermediate     (15-25 yard) part of the field. He could compliment Moss and a Welker/Edelman combo perfectly. His YAC could be impressive here, and would also free up some of the other WRs. The potential downside is could he keep his mouth shut obviously. I think he could because normally he does when his team is winning. Chances are he would be winning here. Would he lead the league in dropped passes again, if Tom were throwing him the ball? Chances are he would be near the top because he always seems to be at or near the top. I don't like that about him too much. Would it hinder young players development? Most likely. Him being on the team and not playing STs would definitely knock Holt off the roster. Not because Bill wants to get rid of him but becauase we don't have enough roster spots. All in all, I am indifferent. I'm not positive Holt can be the guy we want here nor am I positive Owens would be. Owens has more big play ability and would probably make the season a little more exciting/nerve wracking, but Holt has proved time and time again that he is a sure handed, precise route running, savvy vet. I think Holt would be more of a Jabbar Gaffney, maybe a little less speed, but better route runner and better hands. While TO would be more of what Stallworth was here, constant big play threat, but inconsistent at times. Remember in 2007 Jabbar beat out Stallworth for 3 on depth chart mid way through the season...
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

Great post!  I agree 100% on on Holt being a Jabbar Gaffney type contributor.  I love the Holt signing and think he will be a great player for the Pats this season.  But in order to get another the ring, the Pats need a superstar caliber player like T.O.  While he may not be the same player he once was, he's still better than the majority of WR out there.  Add the fact that Brady would be throwing him the ball and Moss on the opposite side, then Owens could come to NE and have a monster season.

If the Pats don't put up points this season, the Pats will struggle to win the AFC east as I don't see them winning too many defensive battles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I am going to be honest, I don't know too much about T.O., never paid too much attention to him. But my question is, why don't other team pick him up (aka. fat boy, and gold fish down south, and the cow)?
    Posted by PiBoy

Who cares what other teams do, the Pats have the best QB in the league, maybe of all time.  Why not capitalize on it while he's still in his prime.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

No thank you. he wuld be on the team by now if BB thought he brought real value. quit posting this dumb subject over and over again
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Maybe we should talk about what we saw in Brandon Tate last season, 
    Here it is:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

0_0... T.O. is a dominant OLB who could get double digits sacks in a season and draw double coverage every game?

Sign him!

T.O. the WR? No thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to T.O. would put the Pats back on top again!:
    The Pats should just bite the bullet and sign T.O.  He's still a very good WR and teams could not cover a Moss/T.O. combo.  The Pats have a very mediocre running game right now, so winning with the Pass is a must. As far as a team cancer goes, the only cancer I see is getting knocked out of the 1st round in a home playoff game.
    Posted by Grogan77

No, Pats will be on top without TO....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I would sign him to a one-year contract that was almost entirely based on incentives.  Then he could put his money where his mouth is.

And yes, I think he's more of an impact player than Holt.  And no, you guys don't give T.O. nearly enough credit for his route-running.

Most importantly, Terrell Owens is a FORCE in the red zone, where corners can't overpower him.  Moss doesn't go over the top of people with his leaping ability like he used to do despite still having top-end speed, so having Owens would make the Pats infinitely more difficult to defend.  Plus, Moss's speed doesn't do much good in the red zone.  Owens' size counts.

Furthermore, on a one-year deal he would once again have to stay in line in order to prove that some team should sign him next season.

Otherwise, you could just cut him and be none the worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I would sign him to a one-year contract that was almost entirely based on incentives.  Then he could put his money where his mouth is. And yes, I think he's more of an impact player than Holt.  And no, you guys don't give T.O. nearly enough credit for his route-running. Most importantly, Terrell Owens is a FORCE in the red zone, where corners can't overpower him.  Moss doesn't go over the top of people with his leaping ability like he used to do despite still having top-end speed, so having Owens would make the Pats infinitely more difficult to defend.  Plus, Moss's speed doesn't do much good in the red zone.  Owens' size counts. Furthermore, on a one-year deal he would once again have to stay in line in order to prove that some team should sign him next season. Otherwise, you could just cut him and be none the worse.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I agree 100% Nick!  Owens is certainly not expecting a long term deal at his age, just a ring.  He was also a model player on a very bad Bills team, the fact is his antics are a thing of the past as he knows his playing years are going to end soon.   All this guy wants is a ring, and the Pats just want another.  Why the Pats just don't make this happen is beyond me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. would put the Pats back on top again! : I agree 100% Nick!  Owens is certainly not expecting a long term deal at his age, just a ring.  He was also a model player on a very bad Bills team, the fact is his antics are a thing of the past as he knows his playing years are going to end soon.   All this guy wants is a ring, and the Pats just want another.  Why the Pats just don't make this happen is beyond me. 
    Posted by Grogan77

The other thing is that you don't tackle T.O. one-on-one and with the Pats' offense he'd be seeing a LOT of one-on-one coverage.  His YAC would be absurd (like, Wes Welker type absurd... 300yds++).

I think at this stage in Brady's career you have to push all of the chips onto the table.  Plus, any running back could run with only 5 or 6 men in the box (teams would need safeties over the top of Moss AND Owens, plus a corner on each receiver).  Then you attach a tight end to the line in running situations or add another receiver to space things out on passing downs.  If you moved Moss and Owens into twins set on the same side of the field, d-backs would have a hard time coordinating double coverage for both of them and neither can be covered for long one-on-one.

You've sold me on this idea, crazy as it might be.  It makes me giddy to think of the plays you could draw up with an Owens-Moss combo on the field. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to T.O. would put the Pats back on top again!:
    The Pats should just bite the bullet and sign T.O.  He's still a very good WR and teams could not cover a Moss/T.O. combo.  The Pats have a very mediocre running game right now, so winning with the Pass is a must. As far as a team cancer goes, the only cancer I see is getting knocked out of the 1st round in a home playoff game.
    Posted by Grogan77

T.O. would put us on top again?  When has he done this for any team?  I doubt that he demands the attention that he use to as well.  He is at the end of his career.  Why else would Dallas let him go?  Why would Buffalo let him go?  Why isn't he signed yet if he's so good at can place a team back on top?  Two things about T.O..  He can be jammed at the line and he has a tendency to drop balls at the most ridiculous of times.

T.O. is a distraction.  He's a media hound and Belichick doesn't like media hounds.  He brings the circus to town every Sunday.  It's old and tired but the media want to be there for the next implosion.  He can be a team house distraction when he doesn't get the ball or feel he doesn't get the ball enough.  T.O. will not back down from the argument either whether he's wrong or right.  He won't let it go.  Romo and T.O. got into it many a time on the sidelines but all the players said he wasn't a distraction in the clubhouse.  Looks like he was a distraction during the game though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

First, the Pats don't need a bigger, faster Galloway.

Second, the Pats haven't won a Superbowl since they started to buy into the "need a Superstar" mentality. People seem to forget the "Superstars" on the Pats Superbowl teams weren't superstars till after they won those Superbowls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

we just got rid of T.O. his name was adalius thomas...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

T.O.? N.F.W!!

And emphatically so. 

The passing game will be fine without him, thank you very much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to T.O. would put the Pats back on top again! : T.O. would put us on top again?  When has he done this for any team?  I doubt that he demands the attention that he use to as well.  He is at the end of his career.  Why else would Dallas let him go?  Why would Buffalo let him go?  Why isn't he signed yet if he's so good at can place a team back on top?  Two things about T.O..  He can be jammed at the line and he has a tendency to drop balls at the most ridiculous of times. T.O. is a distraction.  He's a media hound and Belichick doesn't like media hounds.  He brings the circus to town every Sunday.  It's old and tired but the media want to be there for the next implosion.  He can be a team house distraction when he doesn't get the ball or feel he doesn't get the ball enough.  T.O. will not back down from the argument either whether he's wrong or right.  He won't let it go.  Romo and T.O. got into it many a time on the sidelines but all the players said he wasn't a distraction in the clubhouse.  Looks like he was a distraction during the game though.
    Posted by garytx

That was the T.O. of old.  Nobody heard a peep from T.O. last season with the Bills. 

T.O. did bring the Eagles to a superbowl and if it weren't for the fact that he was playing against Brady and the Pats, he might have gotten Philly a ring. 

And while the T.O. of old may have been an of field distraction, he always brought a 100% on game day.  As we NE fans all saw when he played on a bum ankle in the superbowl against the Pats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Yeah but the new T.O. drops just as many balls as the old T.O. if not more. And with fewer balls to go around (due to the rest of the receivers needing to get some) he may go a few of games, a couple of times this year, without a catch. That being the case Galloway would have been cheaper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. would put the Pats back on top again! : Maybe we should talk about what we saw in Brandon Tate last season,  Here it is:
    Posted by Grogan77

you're impatient. tate tried to play but his injury limited. What did T.O. do for Buffalo last season?

1400 yrds? 30 tds? 100 catches?

no he stunk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

i think a defense than can field a legitimate pass rush and pressure opposing qb's consistently would do more for the pats than TO ever could

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

i think a defense than can field a legitimate pass rush and pressure opposing qb's consistently would do more for the pats than TO ever could
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

Sounds good too me, but there is one big problem.  The best pass rusher they have is still Tully B!  The Pats didn't make any big offseason pickups on D, they only re-signed last year's squad minus A.D.  No point in wishing for something that isn't there, the best option for the Pats will be to score lots of points as in 2007, and T.O. could make this happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. would put the Pats back on top again! : you're impatient. tate tried to play but his injury limited. What did T.O. do for Buffalo last season? 1400 yrds? 30 tds? 100 catches? no he stunk
    Posted by kansaspatriot

T.O. had 6 tds and 829 yds on an awful Bills team.  Add Brady and Moss, and these number would go through the roof.  I hope Tate pans out, but I see no reason to wait around while Brady is still in his prime.  Another Chad Jackson is not what the Patriots need right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: T.O. would put the Pats back on top again! : Sounds good too me, but there is one big problem.  The best pass rusher they have is still Tully B!  The Pats didn't make any big offseason pickups on D, they only re-signed last year's squad minus A.D.  No point in wishing for something that isn't there, the best option for the Pats will be to score lots of points as in 2007, and T.O. could make this happen.
    Posted by Grogan77

Were we not an offensive juggernaut a few years ago, setting all kinds of records and the like, where did that get us? I'm sorry i just don't see how adding TO would make us  that much more of a potent offense than we have right now
    His risk is definately not worth the reward. There's no point in repeating the same action and expecting a different result.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Holt will never be in the HOF but TO will for sure. TO and Moss would give defenses fits all year long. 

I don't see where the downside is, if he gets a dillon like contract that gives him the boot as soon as he starts running his mouth.