Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this

Bill Polian and his kid have been told to take a hike and why? Because they sh*t the bed in Indy and were overrated till the end. Underdogg Ive been telling you for years Polian was not as good as you Colts fans thought. And it looks like your owner agree's.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this

In Response to Re: Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this:
    [QUOTE]Does this mean we'll never see Underpants ever again?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I doubt it...... : (

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

How many times did Polian's picks show little: Hughes, Ugoh, Painter. The Polians are mediocre and now the Colts are essentially in a rebuilding phase because their problems extend far beyond Manning being on IR and now Irsay knows it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Really a special weekend here...Pat's come back to wrap up home field through the playoffs, Jets lose in Miami with typical histrionics afterwards, now the arch-rival completes their crash and burn.

BB is having a special drink by the fire, with a private chuckle tonight.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Congrats MVP, Christmas for you came a few days late but at least you finally got what you were waiting for!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]How many times did Polian's picks show little: Hughes, Ugoh, Painter. The Polians are mediocre and now the Colts are essentially in a rebuilding phase because their problems extend far beyond Manning being on IR and now Irsay knows it.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

With a healthy Manning, they are not 2-14.  Instead, they go 6-10 or 7-9.  They might even have been able to squeek out an 8-8.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this : With a healthy Manning, they are not 2-14.  Instead, they go 6-10 or 7-9.  They might even have been able to squeek out an 8-8.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Shel,

Aren't you curious why Caldwell wasn't dumped as well?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Killa, I could argue anyone or anything that is consistently good ultimately becomes overrated.  It doesn't matter if you are talking about a restaurant, a city, or an NFL GM.  I think the Colts were foolish.  Yes, he sure did let them get caught with their pants down this year.  No need to gloss over that.  He messed up there.  Look at his overall body of work though.  How many wins and how many SB's have his teams been to?  Heck, the Colts have been to two recent SB's and won one of them.  A lot of teams will gladly take Polian...if he wants to remain employed.

I was listening to Sirius NFL a while ago and they seemed to think there is more to this story.  I suspect there is too.  Call Polian overrated if you wish.  Call him out for being behind some of the rules or "rules emphasis" that we despise, but one pathetic year does not a bad GM make.  I suspect he was fired for reasons they don't want to make public.  Who knows what that could be.  Perhaps he insisted on tanking the last game and Irsay didn't want that, or vice versa.  I don't think you let go of Polian over one really bad season.  Something else happened.

Then again, sometimes two parties just start to wear on each other over time and a change is needed.  He surely got caught with his pants down this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]How many times did Polian's picks show little: Hughes, Ugoh, Painter. The Polians are mediocre and now the Colts are essentially in a rebuilding phase because their problems extend far beyond Manning being on IR and now Irsay knows it.
    The Polians were good at getting the NFL to change the rules to enable the Colts to play their style of offense.  Seems every year after the Colts were one and done, some rule changes were made which directly benefited the Colts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this : Shel, Aren't you curious why Caldwell wasn't dumped as well?
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

Probably gonna give the GM the chice to keep him or not. From where I sit, he should be dumped too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

His best asset was convincing the competition committee that fantasy numbers were better then playing actual football.

Maybe, now the league will stop making rules favoring one particular team every year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Its 8:36... isn't it time for the Polians to tweet some crap and trash the Org.? They have the power of rumor to make Mannings value useless. They could slip a rumor that his neck isn't even worth the one you pull out of your turkey in that package.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Welcome back Taz.  But we don't need any more Colts threads on here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this : Shel, Aren't you curious why Caldwell wasn't dumped as well?
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

Wasn't dumped YET that is... :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Today is a good day, I have waited a long time for this:
    [QUOTE]Bill Polian and his kid have been told to take a hike and why? Because they sh*t the bed in Indy and were overrated till the end. Underdogg Ive been telling you for years Polian was not as good as you Colts fans thought. And it looks like your owner agree's.
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010[/QUOTE]

Tas - Tell you what - If Polian isn't that good, then by default that must make Manning the greatest QB ever, because no one then has accomplished more with less than Manning. 

Or - Polian is a good GM who clearly lost his way and the GOAT QB question remains an argument. 

Your choice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hughes is a bust.  Ugoh essentially started 3 years but wasn't great, certainly not worthy of his 2nd rd status.  Painter was a 6th round pick (no expectations), but was certainly part of the reason Polian's gone.  Orlovsky proved better but Polian kept Painter (although as I have said, Orlovsky did not distinguish himself from a layman's perspective during the preseason). 

that said, all teams have picks that don't pan out.  While Ugoh didn't, 3 serviceable years is not a bust.  The pats have had a number of their own recent high picks that haven't exactly worked.  Maroney, Jackson, Wheatley, Merriweather, Crable, Butler, Tate, McKenzie. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Was Vanderjagt a Clots draft pick?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    No.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Killa, I could argue anyone or anything that is consistently good ultimately becomes overrated.  It doesn't matter if you are talking about a restaurant, a city, or an NFL GM.  I think the Colts were foolish.  Yes, he sure did let them get caught with their pants down this year.  No need to gloss over that.  He messed up there.  Look at his overall body of work though.  How many wins and how many SB's have his teams been to?  Heck, the Colts have been to two recent SB's and won one of them.  A lot of teams will gladly take Polian...if he wants to remain employed. I was listening to Sirius NFL a while ago and they seemed to think there is more to this story.  I suspect there is too.  Call Polian overrated if you wish.  Call him out for being behind some of the rules or "rules emphasis" that we despise, but one pathetic year does not a bad GM make.  I suspect he was fired for reasons they don't want to make public.  Who knows what that could be.  Perhaps he insisted on tanking the last game and Irsay didn't want that, or vice versa.  I don't think you let go of Polian over one really bad season.  Something else happened. Then again, sometimes two parties just start to wear on each other over time and a change is needed.  He surely got caught with his pants down this year.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    Caraway - Here's my take on it.  Polian's success built up a great deal of goodwill that his obstinance and grumpiness used up.  Polian frequently treated reporters like he was the smartest guy in the room (Pats fans have a coach that acts like this).  So that's a strike against Polian although one that is acceptable as long as the team is winning.  

Continuity has been a big part of the Colts way for many years, but part of that continuity included putting Polian's son in the seat of GM.  this is not to suggest that Polian's son is not fit for a job as GM, but most people prefer to see the children of executives or coaches earn their stripes elsewhere, first.  Chris Polian's been with his dad since graduating college, I think.  Now there's no shame to learning the business from one of the best, but then go out and prove what you know away from the family instead of simply being given the position dad leaves. 

Chris Polian may end up being a great GM somewhere.  He's certainly got the training.  But there were some in the org suggesting he may have been a cancer.  Who knows? 

That Bill Polian stepped down is another reason for the decision.  Sure Polian wanted his son to take the reigns, but maybe he also wanted to slow down a bit.  The worst thing for any organization is when the top guy stops working hard. 

Polian had a great run.  He may be done.  He's 66.  His son may just be beginning his new career.  Good luck to him.  It was time for the colts to move on. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

You have to wonder what the polians thought they saw in curtis painter. Everyone said how horrible he was, but the pundits said "no, give him a chance we have not seen him play" Then we saw him play and it was confirmed, Hes the worst QB to ever play the game.

Why keep such a HORRIBLE QB as your backup for 3 years and never bring in someone with actual talent?