Today's Stat that may interest only me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Today's Stat that may interest only me

What can I say - it's the off-season.

Using Pro Football Reference as a source:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

The Patriots as a franchise currently rank #11 all-time for W/L % in the regular season.  This includes their AFL days.  Their current Pct. is .536.

I subtracted the Pats under the Belichick years.  Before BB arrived their Pct. was .468.  That percentage would rank #22 today.

This is astounding.  In 13 years they've moved up 11 position ranks.  Despite close to 40 years of mediocrity before BB arrived, his 151-57 record (.726 pct.) has catapulted them into the top 3rd of the league.  If this were baseball it would be like taking a guy hitting .250 in August and winning the batting title.  It's so hard math-wise to improve your historical record when you have so many clunker years under your belt.

And, yes I know Kraft, Brady and others deserve a lot of the credit.  Bear in mind in Kraft's case, the 6 years prior to BB's arrival the team was "only" .563 pct.

One final thing.  If 2013 is close to a repeat of 2012 record-wise, the Pats will pass both Cleveland and Oakland to become #9 all-time.

Enjoy the ride!

Chicago Bears          .578      
    Dallas Cowboys         .573
    Miami Dolphins         .568
    Green Bay Packers      .565
    San Francisco 49ers    .555
    Baltimore Ravens       .553
    New York Giants        .549
    Minnesota Vikings      .545
    Oakland Raiders        .542
    Cleveland Browns       .540
    New England Patriots   .536

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Today's Stat that may interest only me

Hey CatfishHunter, good post and thanks for posting the link.  Some very good info there. 

No doubt BB has done amazing as a HC for the Patriots.  Like Mr. Kraft as an Owner and Brady at QB, I don't think we will ever see anothe HC for the Patriots like Bill Belichick.  My favorite coach of all time. 

Thanks for posting, I'm headed over to mess around with that page a bit more.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Hey CatfishHunter, good post and thanks for posting the link.  Some very good info there. 

No doubt BB has done amazing as a HC for the Patriots.  Like Mr. Kraft as an Owner and Brady at QB, I don't think we will ever see anothe HC for the Patriots like Bill Belichick.  My favorite coach of all time. 

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

Glad you liked it TFB12.  Saw you taking some hits on the other thread.  Don't let it get to you.  You are one of the best.

As for the link, all the major sports have one like the one above:

Baseball http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Basketball http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Hockey http://www.hockey-reference.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Photobucket

Glad you liked it TFB12.  Saw you taking some hits on the other thread.  Don't let it get to you.  You are one of the best.

As for the link, all the major sports have one like the one above:

Baseball http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Basketball http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Hockey http://www.hockey-reference.com/

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words!  No, some trolls are trying to throw beanballs at me but I keep hitting them out of the park and exposing them for what they really are. 

Anyways, thanks for posting those links. I'm a numbers type of guy so I dig this type of info.  This should keep me busy for a while, lol!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Good post...

I might add that Belichick's record began when he became the defensive coordinator/assistant head coach and the Patriots, they made the jump from 6-10 to 11-5, 25th in points per game allowed defensively to 14th and a Super Bowl appearance.  The Pats don't make the Super Bowl under Parcells or get above 500% for that matter unless Belichick makes it happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well BB was 5 - 13 to start his coaching career in New England.  Then Mo Lewis changed his fate.  God Bless Tom Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick didn't have to draft Brady, or have Bobby Grier bulk him up with 20 pounds of muscle, nor did he have to start him over Beldsoe when he became healthy again.  

Nobody is more responsible for Tom Brady's success than Belichick.  BB's drafted Tom Brady who was only a part time starter at Michigan... none of the Belichick "can't draft" moaners seem to remember that.

He also drafted Seymour, who like Brady, is the premier player of his era at his position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Belichick didn't have to draft Brady, or have Bobby Grier bulk him up with 20 pounds of muscle, nor did he have to start him over Beldsoe when he became healthy again.  

Nobody is more responsible for Tom Brady's success than Belichick.  BB's drafted Tom Brady who was only a part time starter at Michigan... none of the Belichick "can't draft" moaners seem to remember that.

He also drafted Seymour, who like Brady, is the premier player of his era at his position.

All true.

And we take it as a given now, but back in '01 there were plently of Bishop fans because of some preseason success.  And Huard had some pro experience.  BB saw something in Brady that was better than the other 2 guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No one is responsible for the greatness of Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jorden, Ted Williams or Tom Brady.  It's DNA and hard work.  BB couldn't make any of his QB's in Cleveland a Super Bowl champ or Drew Bledsoe one in 2000.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Good post...

I might add that Belichick's record began when he became the defensive coordinator/assistant head coach and the Patriots, they made the jump from 6-10 to 11-5, 25th in points per game allowed defensively to 14th and a Super Bowl appearance.  The Pats don't make the Super Bowl under Parcells or get above 500% for that matter unless Belichick makes it happen.

let me add that may be the most ridiculous thing i have read here in a while-i expect this type of bs from rusty who thinks bellichick invented football

bill parcells was the head coach, he made the ultimate decisions and ran the locker room, he turned ur perrenially sorry franchise around and brought a complete change of culture here and he drafted players who went on to help bellichick's 3 titles-so maybe parcells coaching didn't really end till 2004?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

All true.

And we take it as a given now, but back in '01 there were plently of Bishop fans because of some preseason success.  And Huard had some pro experience.  BB saw something in Brady that was better than the other 2 guys.

why didn't he see it at Michigan then? or why was Bledsoe still starting until Mo Lewis came along?

after all Harbaugh replaced Smith with Kapernick without an injury

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So why didn't Michigan win a National championship if Brady was so amazing?  Why was Drew Henson still getting starts at QB when Tom was in his final season of college?  Why did a 6'5" guy weigh under 200 pounds?  Why did he have to wait until the 6th round if he was so great..  why didn't other super talent evaluators (and by super I mean better than BB) scoop Brady up when they had a chance in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... etc...  

Tom Brady isn't physically gifted, the idea that his QB greatness is enhanced by his DNA beyond his god given height is garbage.  He grew up watching the 49ers win championships, his family supported him when he wanted to play football.  Tom received NO college scholarship offers, which prompted his father to put together a video of his highlights and send them to 60 schools, only Michigan replied with an offer.  

Tom wound up in the perfect environment when he landed in NE, it was the perfect storm of variables he would need to succeed.  He was a project player and as a project needed to be cultivated, built up and taught.  If Brady landed in Cincinnati he would have got his butt kicked, body destroyed, gone unheralded, unknown and would have disappeared in the annals of history.  

Nobody has worked harder at his craft and invested more than Tom Brady, but he needed a lot to go right and a whole lot of support to become the player he is today.  And Jints, Parcells has a sub 500 record without Belichick, that's just a fact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

42and46 I just want to remind you Smith had a concussion which is considered an injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks for the link and the stats, Catfish. Grist for the mill while we await more Pats news we can debate.

There is no way of knowing, one way or the other, if the Pats under BB would have been as successful without Brady.  Similarly, there is no way of knowing if the Pats with Brady at quarterback would have been as successful without BB.

I will tell you what think.  I think that the Pats would have been a highly successful franchise without Brady, success being defined as consistenly making the playoffs.  I don't know about Lombardi's.  

I think the Pats would been a successful franchise without BB but with Brady at QB but I do not believe as successful.  Similarly, I don't know about Lombardi's.

And, yes, I've donned my hardhat and flak jacket and am ready for the forces of whatever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to wmassgreg's comment:

42and46 I just want to remind you Smith had a concussion which is considered an injury.

LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Tom Brady isn't physically gifted, the idea that his QB greatness is enhanced by his DNA beyond his god given height is garbage. "

I guess you know little about how DNA works. Oh and that's what gives him his height, not some "God" (there you go Ricky).  I'm not even going to get into the rest of your misguided post.  Like any kid who ever watched a championship team, growing up, is going to be a Super Bowl winning QB....lol.

just to get this clear I love BB and think he's the greatest coach ever.  

What was BB's record as a head coach before Tom Brady?  [   ]

What is BB's record with Tom Brady? [   ]

simple as that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wmassgreg's comment:

ok granted but once out smith was not going to see the field again...kapernick was harbaugh's man all along and there was no question even after smith recovered...not so brady with bellichick is the point

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

So why didn't Michigan win a National championship if Brady was so amazing?  Why was Drew Henson still getting starts at QB when Tom was in his final season of college?  Why did a 6'5" guy weigh under 200 pounds?  Why did he have to wait until the 6th round if he was so great..  why didn't other super talent evaluators (and by super I mean better than BB) scoop Brady up when they had a chance in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... etc...  

Tom Brady isn't physically gifted, the idea that his QB greatness is enhanced by his DNA beyond his god given height is garbage.  He grew up watching the 49ers win championships, his family supported him when he wanted to play football.  Tom received NO college scholarship offers, which prompted his father to put together a video of his highlights and send them to 60 schools, only Michigan replied with an offer.  

Tom wound up in the perfect environment when he landed in NE, it was the perfect storm of variables he would need to succeed.  He was a project player and as a project needed to be cultivated, built up and taught.  If Brady landed in Cincinnati he would have got his butt kicked, body destroyed, gone unheralded, unknown and would have disappeared in the annals of history.  

Nobody has worked harder at his craft and invested more than Tom Brady, but he needed a lot to go right and a whole lot of support to become the player he is today.  And Jints, Parcells has a sub 500 record without Belichick, that's just a fact.

yes b/c he left winning teams to take over losers as is his challenge in life and bellichick -and others -went with him...why shouldnt parcells take sucessful coaches with him? u ever think they went will parcells because they know they would have a chance to win and advance their own careers under parcells? which is exactly what happened in spades...

btw what is bellichicks record without tom brady? .500?

parcells stays with the giants u tell me he might not have another sb ring and a better w/l record?

Sections
Shortcuts