Tom and playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: Tom and playoffs

In Response to Tom and playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In my opinion other than the game against the Broncos last week, Tom hasn't been sharp including the Superbowl loss.   Is Tom putting to much pressure on himself in playoff games which contribute to sub par Tom Brady performances? Is it opposing teams are so much better in preparing a defense for him than the in the regular reason? Or the quality of the other teams?  
    Posted by BrocktonMike[/QUOTE]
    Here are Brady's stats in the post season vs. regular season.  You would expect better stats during the regular season compared to the post season when you consider only the top 12 teams advance to the play-offs.  Brady's numbers aren't that different, just 1% lower in completion percentage.

POST SEASON

YearCompAttYdsTDINT
    62.8%   

Regular Season

CompAttYdsTDINT
     3,397  5,321  39,979  300  115
    63.8%   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs:
    [QUOTE]But, the gameplan and calls are tied to Brady, too.  He's the least of your concern after seeing that game yesterday? Brady has gameplan say and carte blanche automony at the line of scrimmage. How can you say there is no concern when we know what good Ds do and seeing him struggle running the McDaniels finesse base? Also, there is someting not quite right about their relationship (Brady and O'Brien). What is with the over-thinking how to run this offense?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

now, that I agree with.....Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tom and playoffs : Here are Brady's stats in the post season vs. regular season.  You would expect better stats during the regular season compared to the post season when you consider only the top 12 teams advance to the play-offs.  Brady's numbers aren't that different, just 1% lower in completion percentage. POST SEASON Year Comp Att Yds TD INT 2011 48 70 602 6 3 2010 29 45 299 2 1 2009 23 42 154 2 3 2007 77 109 737 6 3 2006 70 119 724 5 4 2005 35 63 542 4 2 2004 55 81 587 5 0 2003 75 126 792 5 2 2001 60 97 572 1 1 472 752 5009 36 19 62.8%       Regular Season Comp Att Yds TD INT   3,397   5,321   39,979   300   115 63.8%      
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

how about QB rating vs. Ravens
    2011 = 57.5
    2010 = 69.5
    2009 = 49.1

2011 vs. NYG = 75.4

2007 vs. NYG = 82.5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : how about QB rating vs. Ravens 2011 = 57.5 2010 = 69.5 2009 = 49.1 2011 vs. NYG = 75.4 2007 vs. NYG = 82.5
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Bubba, Ravens just happen to be one of those teams that rise up well against Brady.  Like the fact the Pats have a losing record against the Broncos historically.  There is always that one team, right?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : Bubba, Ravens just happen to be one of those teams that rise up well against Brady.  Like the fact the Pats have a losing record against the Broncos historically.  There is always that one team, right?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    true....ravens is brady's kryptonite.....lol Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : A ghost town?   BB is so good with the cap and drafting when he leaves and when Brady retires, the organization will be left in great hands, likely to Caserio and McDaniels with Mallett. I didn't "leave" in 2008 when Brady was down. If you are trying to say we have an inordinant amount of bandwagon pink hat Brady fans, then fine. I am sure we do.  It's evident by this board alone. How many picks do you think is ok for Brady to throw in a close playoff game or SB? 2? 3?

well, if there is ONE game where I'd like  the Patriot's team to have zero giveaways and 2-3 takeaways....it'd be the next one

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : well, if there is ONE game where I'd like  the Patriot's team to have zero giveaways and 2-3 takeaways....it'd be the next one
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    ... and they just might given Eli's proclivity for heaving prayer passes when out of the pocket and scrambling!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You think Tom has to tie the all-time record for TDs in a playoff game to look "sharp"?

How many TDs would he need to throw in a season for you to think he was "sharp", 100?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : I bet you were one that was thinking Discount Double-take was going to shred them.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

LOL!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : I missed this "discount double take" joke and keep seeing the reference. What is it?

I assumed he was referring to the "discount double check" commercials Aaron Rodgers has been appearing in for State Farm.  There have been 3 so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Rv7czl9cU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYJb2ScuXM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1vsdBsBMcU

For whatever reason I found referring to Rodgers as "discount double take" pretty funny. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : A ghost town?   BB is so good with the cap and drafting when he leaves and when Brady retires, the organization will be left in great hands, likely to Caserio and McDaniels with Mallett. I didn't "leave" in 2008 when Brady was down. If you are trying to say we have an inordinant amount of bandwagon pink hat Brady fans, then fine. I am sure we do.  It's evident by this board alone. How many picks do you think is ok for Brady to throw in a close playoff game or SB? 2? 3?

Listen, just enjoy it while they're both still here. I think it was six years ago when a buddy and I were watching them beat a better San Diego team on the road to advance...we both said, can you believe they're doing this? We are enjoying one of the best runs we'll ever witness. Six years later Brady and Bill are still here and we're all still enjoying this ride. 

If you think we are going to be "set up" for when BB and Tom leaves, you might be in for a let down...of huge proportions. You ever see what happens when someone like BB leaves a company? Someone comes in and realizes they can't do it like him (the old I'm not going to try to be like Bill), they end up just being themselves, which usually is nowhere near good enough. And I know you think Brady is a stat driven guy that just makes mistakes in pre snap reads that changes a play into something that will give him self gratification over team success, but he's a tad bit more than that. You'll see exactly what Brady has brought to this team after he leaves.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tom and playoffs : Here are Brady's stats in the post season vs. regular season.  You would expect better stats during the regular season compared to the post season when you consider only the top 12 teams advance to the play-offs.  Brady's numbers aren't that different, just 1% lower in completion percentage. POST SEASON Year Comp Att Yds TD INT 2011 48 70 602 6 3 2010 29 45 299 2 1 2009 23 42 154 2 3 2007 77 109 737 6 3 2006 70 119 724 5 4 2005 35 63 542 4 2 2004 55 81 587 5 0 2003 75 126 792 5 2 2001 60 97 572 1 1 472 752 5009 36 19 62.8%       Regular Season Comp Att Yds TD INT   3,397   5,321   39,979   300   115 63.8%      
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

And you do not get a lot of bad defenses in the playoffs either. He's the best and he played good enough to win yesterday or did you guys not hear about it. They actually won 23-20 yesterday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : Would Bledsoe have gotten the Pats into the end zone on 4th and one?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Good old Drew, good guy...good QB...clearly nowhere near Tom's level. I'll tell you what, you put Tom on that SB team back in 96 and we win that game...not even close. That offense Drew was playing on was loaded - if only he could feel the rush and step up into the pocket...

That offense had...Keith Byers, Dave Megget, Curtis Martin, Terry Glenn, Ben Coates, Shawn Jefferson, Vincent Brisby. That offensive line had Bruce Armstrong (who may of been about as good a left tackle that there was back then...try blocking for the human statue Drew Bledsoe). They had a decent center Dave Whalabaugh, Max Lane. Brady would of put up 40 points on the Packers that night and we wouldn't of had to listen to Brett Favre stories for the next 20 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : The media has a lot to do with it, and so does dumb luck. While Brady performed below his normal excellent level, he led his team to 23 points on 5 scores against a top notch defense.  None of the scores were aided by a turnover, and all drives were 50 or more yards long.  NE only punted twice.  Tom WAS picked twice, but both of those came on OUTSTANDING plays by the defense.  95% of the time, the worst that happens is those are incomplete passes.   He completed 22 of 36 passes, while his running game produced 96 yards on 31 carries. Joe Flacco led his team to 20 points on 4 scores, one aided by a turnover in FG range, against the consensus "weakest" defense remaining.  He had three drives over 50 yards.  He threw one pick, and had two TD passes on 22-36 passing.  His running game produced 116 yards on 31 carries.  His team punted three times. He is hailed as having outplayed Brady Eli led his team to 20 points on four scores, 10 points aided on turnovers by the SF punt returner.  He was 30-58 passing, took six sacks, and his team punted ELEVEN times and turned it over on downs once.  He led two dirves of over 35 yards and threw several dying quails that should have been EASY interceptions if not for SF players banging into each other.  Yes the conditions were tough, and the opponent defense was also top notch.  Trent Dilfer hailed it as one of the best playoff QB performances in at least five years (on the Herd this am - he is such a fool. If the objective of the offense is to score the most points, with a leading indicators being the most long, sustained drives, than Brady played BETTER than both Eli and Flacco.  You won't hear that on ESPN today.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

We do not want your facts. They confuse us. We just want to think we are smarter than O'Brien and Brady. Two clowns who prevented us from appearing in our 5th superbowl in the last 11 years. Oh wait sorry about that. But Flacco had a higher QBR and Green Ellis did not carry it 25 times. Obviously it was spygate.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Sorry the Pats won. You still get one more chance to blame everything on Brady and O'Brien in 2 weeks so we can get an  "I told you so", which apparently is what you would prefer because if the Pats win in two weeks you will have egg all over your face.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : Bubba, Ravens just happen to be one of those teams that rise up well against Brady.  Like the fact the Pats have a losing record against the Broncos historically.  There is always that one team, right?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Yeah but its not just the Ravens. it is the defensive game plan of having your D-line stand up at the L.O.S(very unconventional) to counter Bradys ability to read a defense, and then disguise who is rushing the passer and who is dropping into coverage(usually 7-8 dropped into coverage). It is the only scheme that has worked against the best QB in the game.

Look at Ravens/Steelers(recently)Giants/Cowboys/Browns(last year). When a defensive line is standing up that means they are not prepared to stop a running game, that is not opinion but fact. Try standing up and having your buddy with a hand on the ground run into you as hard as he can and tell me what the results are.

Counter that defense by running the football.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I actually expected a massive insult from you (which you have done plenty of in the past). I will say that you obviously love the Pats and are knowledgeable about football but sometimes you give your opinion in a way that says "anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot". Belichek runs the team and is involved in all aspects of game planning. I disagree strongly with individual decisiones the team makes constantly but I know that these decisiones are made by Bill in the best interest of the team based at the info he has at the time. If Bill thinks O'Brien is the best man for the job than i have faith that Bill knows what he is doing. The idea that Brady would compile passing stats over wins is unfathonable to me. This guy has taken less money to help make the team more competitive. I have never seen Tom take credit for his great performances and he always takes blame when the fault is not as bad as it really seems. Brady is great because his standards are so high. He says he sucks but the overall numbers say he had a down game but in the circumstances (against a great defense) he got the job done leading the Pats to 23 points. The defense struggled mightily at times but they showed great heart in the 4th quarter and saved the day. I never doubted the Pats would win in overtime and still don't. I don't know how they will play in the super bowl but the idea that "they can't win if they don't do this" makes no sense because what they have done this year is beyond incredible. Of the 5 Brady/Belichek super bowl teams i would argue this team is probably the least talented except for maybe the 2001 squad (history has shown that they were much more talented then they realized at the time). This team has played maybe two complete 60 minute performances this entire year yet here they are.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I never mock anyone without being mocked first except for obvious trolls. If you feel I have done otherwise than I apologize. Your opinion is obviosly valid and may very well be correct but since Belichek and O'Brien feel otherwise (Bill is too much of a control freak to let O'Brien to "get of the boat") I can't say they are wrong. There are so many variables that you or I are unaware of that to criticize them for those decisiones is unfair. Until Nantz and Simms stated it I was unaware that everytime Ngata got off the field for a breather the Pats would run it for good yardage. The Ravens perhaps adapted and forced Ngata to play more. Then the holes were'nt as big so maybe they called more passing plays to tire Ngata out again. Bill is a great coach and an excellent GM who bases his decisiones on good reasoning. To believe that Brady and O'Brien have not been indoctrinated in to Bill's team first mentality defies description to me.  Brady has shown repeatedly he will do anything to win including getting demolished by Ray Lewis on an over the pile goal line play which is almost never attempted by QB's for the obvious reason we saw. I live out of New England and where I am most of the talk is about the Pats getting lucky. No one here believes Brady "sucked". The Pats won even though the Ravens played "great" and the Pats played mediocre.