Tom and playoffs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Tom and playoffs

In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : ... and they just might given Eli's proclivity for heaving prayer passes when out of the pocket and scrambling!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

amazing rate he completes those ... i just said the same on another post.

hopefully it catches up with him on the next game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I never base my opinion on what some media hacks says. I stopped trusting the media more than 20 years ago. But i am knowledgable enough to know that I don't know nearly as much as I think I know (if that makes any sense). I do not know what's behind some of the Patriots play calling (which baffles me at times) but i am positive it is not about compiling stats. Last year Brady did not even throw for 4000 yards yet he had one of his best seasons ever. Maybe Bill sees a short window for exploiting his 2 tight end set up (defenses eventually solve or at least contain every offensive wrinkle) and he feels this year they can win the super bowl riding the tight ends. So he wants O'Brien to always be agressive. Maybe Ridley was fumbling it in practice also. Maybe Green Ellis' injury was worse then we all knew. Whatever his madness Bill undoubtedly has reasoning behind it that he believes will help the team win. I disagree with many of his decisiones (especially on draft day) but i will assume until proven otherwise that he is right and I am wrong. This assumption has yet to be proven wrong and it hopefully never will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Tom's fine, he's not going to light up every defense, especially a great one.  Expectations are out of this world for him.  People want to compare him to Montana and that's fine but Montana's playoff record has been romanticized. 

Montana lost games, was one and done 3 years in a row, and had a streak of several playoff games where he didn't throw a TD and had like a 50 passer rating.  Brady's bad game still had over a 60% completion %.

Consider his rating for the regular season was 105.6.  Then you would expect that to be a little lower in the postseason as he plays only good defenses.  It is a 105.8.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]Tom's fine, he's not going to light up every defense, especially a great one.  Expectations are out of this world for him.  People want to compare him to Montana and that's fine but Montana's playoff record has been romanticized.  Montana lost games, was one and done 3 years in a row, and had a streak of several playoff games where he didn't throw a TD and had like a 50 passer rating.  Brady's bad game still had over a 60% completion %. Consider his rating for the regular season was 105.6.  Then you would expect that to be a little lower in the postseason as he plays only good defenses.  It is a 105.8.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I have been defending Brady since the game ended. I felt like while Brady was not as good as we all would have liked he certainly did not suck. They moved the ball well all night long and Brady was the primary reason. The red zone offense was disappointing but they were playing the Ravens. I disagree with Brady's throw to Slater but to be honest the interception was an amazing play (on the first interception Edelman was clearly held but both teams got away with extra stuff all night so it seemed fair overall).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Riding with the King II

Some of your best and well thought out posts right there, enjoyed reading them.

The BJGE comments are on, no dead on.

Sure Evans could have hung on to the ball....
    Sure Cundiff (sp) could have made the kick....

The decision to stop running BJGE made no sense. The man was out gaining Rice and he should have been the games version of clock killin’ Corey Dillon.However, after Spikes makes a great one handed snag pick and sets his team up at midfield we only need a few yards for 3 which would have made the Evans and Cundiff situations mute.

The call to go deep to an unproven Slater as a wide receiver was both foolish an unnecessary. The decision by Brady to throw the ball up for grabs to an obviously double covered Slater was foolish and reckless and should have cost the Patriots the game.  The odds are slim to none that both Evans and Cundiff do a double screw up again.
    Brady playoff stats against the Ravens, Jets, Giants by his own admission Suck. I’m interested in seeing how the Patriots game plan for this against a team with a sceam that gives Brady fits, the Giants. The Giants bring 4 Suggs on every play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I'd take Brady over any other QB!!!! The other thing that makes him great is that he doesn't have the ego & tells it like it is. For a man of his standing to say "I sucked pretty bad" and to say the D really stepped up is amazing. He is a leader. I have been trying to think of another sports figure who talked like this and I remember Bird saying something similar. True leaders admit they aren't the only player that matters and are hardest on themselves. The Mannings can stick to their stupid commercials and also Bree's snoring, I bet he is having trouble sleeping now, probably downing the Nyquil. Rodgers and his stupid dance, not a fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]"I sucked".  T. Brady "The D won the game." - B. Belichick If brady sucks in the SB, we lose. NO one cares about QBR or any goofy stats. Just get over it. If you want that, go be COlts fans.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Agreed and the REAL question is.

Have BB, Brady, OB, McD, and Scar learned anything or ENOUGH from the 2 most recent losses against the Giants AND willing to do something about it? ...or will they simply be stubborn.

THAT is what I am most fascinated to finding out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrcahill. Show jrcahill's posts

I don't post much, but I am constantly reading.  I agree with King on this.  The Patriots HAVE to run the ball.  As we saw with BJE against Baltimore they can run it.  There is no way the Giants rush more than 4 because they know they can get to Brady with that number.  I am trying to gain more football knowledge because I never played at any level, but it would appear to me that they need to try some screens.  They seem to have gotten away from that and I would think it is important to loosen up the pass defense since they are going to drop 7 into coverage mostly.  I agree with leaving BJE on the field most of the time in those two TE sets. Does anyone think it is possible Ridley got the message last week and that he will be activated for the game? If they do activate him, do you think this signals a heavier run game plan than normal?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs : how about QB rating vs. Ravens 2011 = 57.5 2010 = 69.5 2009 = 49.1 2011 vs. NYG = 75.4 2007 vs. NYG = 82.5
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Brady had the Giants beat this year but our defense allowed them to rally late.  Our defense stopping Manning is every bit as important as Brady playing a good game if we are to win #4.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Brady never has two bad games in a row.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom and playoffs :  I have been defending Brady since the game ended.

RESPONSE: I've noticed...LOL!!!

I felt like while Brady was not as good as we all would have liked he certainly did not suck.

RESPONSE: Tom himself would disagree with your assessment.

They moved the ball well all night long and Brady was the primary reason. The red zone offense was disappointing but they were playing the Ravens.

RESPONSE: I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all-time. The truly great ones tend to play their best in the biggest games, regardless of who they're playing. But, Tommy had a bad game against the Buzzards. He has the SB to redeem himself.  

I disagree with Brady's throw to Slater but to be honest the interception was an amazing play (on the first interception Edelman was clearly held but both teams got away with extra stuff all night so it seemed fair overall).
    RESPONSE: It was a horrible decision on Tom's part to try to force that throw to a 4th rate WR, who was blanketed in double coverage.
         That said, the "Terrific One" will bounce back with a super game in the SB. If he does, and the Patriots win, Tom would stake a legitimate claim to being the greatest QB that's ever played the game. 
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

let's hope that he doesn't :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

they will win if they "run" the ball. The Pats knows it. Tom knows it. Belichekc knows it. McDaniels knows it. O'Brien knows it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]they will win if they "run" the ball. The Pats knows it. Tom knows it. Belichekc knows it. McDaniels knows it. O'Brien knows it.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]

The reason they don't do it is because they want to lose but they are so incompetent they still got to the super bowl.