Tom Brady comes up small again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...

Football is a complimentary game...and the Pats didn't play that game.  Offense was darn good for two drives.  Two drives don't make a game.  Defense played tough all game and only gave up 19 points...but again, they gave up the last minute TD.

I was really ticked at Brady for the Wes pass which was really really tough...he had a clean pocket and could easily deliver to a wide open Welker.  Instead he air mails it...catchable?  Yes.  Not a good throw though.  Then giving the ball up with that INT.  That was dumb...but something we've seen a couple too many times in recent years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Here's a simple request....all you sanctimonious idiots have someone smack your left shoulder with a sledge hammer and then go out in the backyard and try to throw a football accurately. Brady was 10 for 10 in that great drive to end the first half. But clearly he wasn't the same after that sack and landing on his hurt shoulder.
    Where is the class, or even simple understanding. I am sure nobody feels worse than Tom right now. He really wanted this one for Myra. And nobody in his right mind can question Tom's toughness and desire.
    That said, I am sorry to say that the Curse of Giselle will probably become part of New England sport folklore for sure now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...:
    [QUOTE]stupid penalties and mistakes did them in, brady didnt do very good after the third quarter, but with a chance to put the game away he put it where wes could catch it and he dropped it, cant blame him for that
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

That throw to Welker was a bad one.  He had to turn his body around and make that catch. Brady threw it too high and behind Welker.  Brady knows that this is not Calvin Johnson hes throwing the ball to. All he had to do was put the ball in the front.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]i am very critical of this o, but today i would not pin it solely on tb. tb is part of the problem but the problem goes beyond him. there is something wrong with the offensive philosophy if it breaks so many passing records in the reg season but can't score more than 24 pts in the playoffs.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

errr we scored 45 against Denver. I'll re-check but I think that was part of the playoffs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": [QUOTE]Yes Welker dropped the ball, but it was poorly thrown in a bad location. It was much too high, and would have been a circus catch. Granted he could have caught it, but that doesn't mean it was thrown well. The biggest pass of the season, and he ghacked it. Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE] Watch it again. While it could have been thrown better, I have seen Wes make much more difficult cathches dozens of times. he should have caught it, had BOTH hands on it and it bounced out of his hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Football is a complimentary game...and the Pats didn't play that game.  Offense was darn good for two drives.  Two drives don't make a game.  Defense played tough all game and only gave up 19 points...but again, they gave up the last minute TD. ...
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

the d had to give up that last minute td on purpose to give tb a minute to make a final drive...

look at the game thread. several posters were writing in "give up the td!!!" "give up the td!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Come on, guys.  Brady blew the game.  If you want to be th egreatest QB ever or at least teh greatest QB currently - YOU HAVE TO actually do something great.

the pick and the pass.  Both terrible.  throw in the gag after the Defense stopped the Jints on opening drives and guess what?  THe loss is on Brady.

He has one more season - if he can stay healthy.  His swan song is next year.  Maybe he'll have one last hurrah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfehr93. Show dfehr93's posts

belichick's call to run i-formation on 1st down in the 4th q was the dummest call ever.  maybe do play action from that set. but run? 1 back set widens the defense; 2 backs and they line up nine in the box.  result is a 1 yd loss. Stupid. worst call ever.  Even hernandez couldn't believe it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": Watch it again. While it could have been thrown better, I have seen Wes make much more difficult cathches dozens of times. he should have caught it, had BOTH hands on it and it bounced out of his hands.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely. I'm not a big Collinsworth fan, but as he put it, "Welker makes that catch 100 out of 100 times."
    Would like to point out that I am not blaming Wes for the loss. In fact, I'm not blaming anyone. The Giants won.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Tom Brady comes up small again...:
    [QUOTE]What is it with Tom Brady and his struggles in the postseason?  There cannot be anymore excuses.  The last two super bowls, the offense has come up very small.  The defense in both games played well, but the offense absolutely choked. What excuses can be made? In 2007 the excuse was the OL not protecting him. This Super Bowl, what will the excuse be?  The OL did a tremendous job of protecting him, only allowing 2 sacks!  The defense played as well as anyone could have hoped. This defense gave up loss points to the Giants than the 49ers defense! This is absolutely despecable to see this offense choke again. Scoring 17 points, and giving up a safety. 7 points in the second half total.,  Plenty of opportunities, but the O failed again. Is it just me or has Brady been absolute crap when throwing the long ball. That ball to Gronk was underthrown. So disssapointing. Then the O has the ball with 5 minutes and 2 point lead, and doesnt do anything.  Something needs to be done to diversify this offense and gain more production from the outside recievers. This huge loss will tarnish Bradys legacy forever. I think the window has closed now for sure.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

C'mon....the IG resulting in the safety looked to me to be a shockingly poor decision by Brady.  The interception was clearly underthrown.  But overall he played really well, and easily good enough to win.  If the Pats had HELD the late lead (NOT regained it with last-minute heroics) who would have won the MVP if not Brady?  Lots of dropped passes....

Offensive diversity a problem?  You're 100% correct.  Our running backs are terrible and while Welker and the TEs are elite posession receivers, the rest are pedestrian at best and there are no long threats at all....you're blaming Brady for that lack of diversity when you should be applauding him for exploiting his (relatively limited) resources to the max.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a simple request....all you sanctimonious idiots have someone smack your left shoulder with a sledge hammer and then go out in the backyard and try to throw a football accurately. Brady was 10 for 10 in that great drive to end the first half. But clearly he wasn't the same after that sack and landing on his hurt shoulder. Where is the class, or even simple understanding. I am sure nobody feels worse than Tom right now. He really wanted this one for Myra. And nobody in his right mind can question Tom's toughness and desire. That said, I am sorry to say that the Curse of Giselle will probably become part of New England sport folklore for sure now.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]
    Amen, amen, and a-freakin-men.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : the d had to give up that last minute td on purpose to give tb a minute to make a final drive... look at the game thread. several posters were writing in "give up the td!!!" "give up the td!"
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I don't know as of yet wether they gave that td up or not but giving them 85 yards without causing one third down forced them to give up that td. Both sides of the ball made enough mistakes to lose it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Gotta like a guy who digs Dinosaur Jr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": Watch it again. While it could have been thrown better, I have seen Wes make much more difficult cathches dozens of times. he should have caught it, had BOTH hands on it and it bounced out of his hands.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]

....just because Mark Roth has bowled X number of perfect games or Welker has made some amazing catches doesn't mean they should always be expected to do so.

Perfect throw?  No.  Catchable?  Yes.  Do we all expect Welker to always catch such passes?  Yes.  Is that fair to him? No.

On a degree of difficulty scale of 1-10 what was that catch?  A 7?  Full stretch....."bounced out of his hands" is totally untrue and unfair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Overall, he has to carry the team.  Unfortunately, he can't always do it.

Welker could have come down with that catch, but it was a bad throw.  The interception was a poor decision, as was the safety. 

Brady is the best QB this franchise has ever had (maybe the best they'll ever have), future HOF guy, in the discussion for the top five ever,  but the bottom line is he didn't have a good game, and his play was a big part of the reason why this team lost.  Sucks, but it's true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No matter how you say it, if Brady hits Welker in stride, or even standing still the game is probably over at that point. The pass was too high and behind Welker. Again, he COULD have caught it, but that's not the point. The point is the pass was badly thrown, and I'm wondering if Brady just can't be trusted to win the big game. He's not really done it since 2004. I'm sorry guys, he's just not the same, and it's unlikel he'll ever win another SB--and no one wants him to win another one more than me. I live in Indiana, and now have to listen to "Manning" garbage for EVER and it SUCKS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No matter how you say it, if Brady hits Welker in stride, or even standing still the game is probably over at that point. The pass was too high and behind Welker. Again, he COULD have caught it, but that's not the point. The point is the pass was badly thrown, and I'm wondering if Brady just can't be trusted to win the big game. He's not really done it since 2004.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Have you heard? QBs throw incompletions. And sometimes every completion isn't a perfect pass some 30 yards down the field.

It goes like this. If the receiver gets both hands on the ball they should catch it. END OF STORY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : ....just because Mark Roth has bowled X number of perfect games or Welker has made some amazing catches doesn't mean they should always be expected to do so. Perfect throw?  No.  Catchable?  Yes.  Do we all expect Welker to always catch such passes?  Yes.  Is that fair to him? No. On a degree of difficulty scale of 1-10 what was that catch?  A 7?  Full stretch....."bounced out of his hands" is totally untrue and unfair. Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE] And do we always expect All of Tom's passes to be right on the numbers. No. And yet all I see on this board tonight is people blaming him for the loss. Tom played well enough to win. Avoided at least 2 sacks. comleted .16 passes in a row at one point. I love Welk, and think he is a potential HOF'er. But he makes that cach 95 out of 100 times, and he should have tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i agree he could have put the ball in a better spot, but it hit wes in the hands and he dropped it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Have you heard? QBs throw incompletions. And sometimes every completion isn't a perfect pass some 30 yards down the field. It goes like this. If the receiver gets both hands on the ball they should catch it. END OF STORY.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Not that one babe. He had both hands on the ball but he had to leap almost above what he's capable of while twisting around backwards. As I said, he COULD have caught it, but it shouldn't have come to that. And yes, they throw incompletions, but not in that situation. He was not under pressure, Welker was wide open, and he missed him. If you're going to be "elite", you MAKE that throw. He picked a bad time to miss one, and it probably cost them what would have been the greatest SB win of all time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]i agree he could have put the ball in a better spot, but it hit wes in the hands and he dropped it
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

It didn't "hit him in the hands", Welker GOT his hands to the ball in spite of it's poor location. By the time he got there he had used so much concentration to GET to the ball, it made it that much harder to catch. Can't confuse the two, they aren't quite the same thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Not that one babe. He had both hands on the ball but he had to leap almost above what he's capable of while twisting around backwards. As I said, he COULD have caught it, but it shouldn't have come to that. And yes, they throw incompletions, but not in that situation. He was not under pressure, Welker was wide open, and he missed him. If you're going to be "elite", you MAKE that throw. He picked a bad time to miss one, and it probably cost them what would have been the greatest SB win of all time.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

hard catch, but he should have made that one. welker will probably say so himself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Overall, he has to carry the team.  Unfortunately, he can't always do it. Welker could have come down with that catch, but it was a bad throw.  The interception was a poor decision, as was the safety.  Brady is the best QB this franchise has ever had (maybe the best they'll ever have), future HOF guy, in the discussion for the top five ever,  but the bottom line is he didn't have a good game, and his play was a big part of the reason why this team lost.  Sucks, but it's true.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

But it's not true. Brady and Eli had nearly identical stats (minus the garbage int TB threw that was about the same as a punt) and would have except for the crucial drops. He had a 91 passer rating. That's about what Eli had for his "elite" season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

fair enough, it wasnt an easy catch, but he makes that play 9 out of 10 times...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : But it's not true. Brady and Eli had nearly identical stats (minus the garbage int TB threw that was about the same as a punt) and would have except for the crucial drops. He had a 91 passer rating. That's about what Eli had for his "elite" season.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know babe. Nobody's more upset about this than me. Could be we just expect too much of Brady anymore. But man, you can't miss that throw in that situation. When they started that drive, the whole thing was on moving the ball. They even score 3 there and the game is probably over.

Sections
Shortcuts