Tom Brady comes up small again...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tom Brady comes up small again... : thats not fair...give Jints D some credit...and Brady had better D before in the SB years...he is human after all
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

dude... don't get us wrong. nyg d played well.

that said, i still say that when your o's production goes down by more than 2 TDs on the big stage, there is something wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't think it is wrong to say that Brady is over-rated.

It is also not wrong to admit that Eli Manning is better than Brady.  Younger and healthier - and therefore better.

Brady is pushing 35 - he is not going to be better next year.  He is going to continue to go downhill.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...": I'd agree with that. The Giants made the plays , the Patriots didn't. Not saying it's all Brady's fault, but that start was just a nightmare, the interception was a bad decision, and the throw to Welker was off. Overall, not the kind of performance the team needs from Brady in a playoff game. The rest of the team bailed him out against the Ravens, but they couldn't today. No one wants to see Brady win more than I do, but apart from the Denver game he was not his usual transcendent self. Freakin' Eli Manning outplayed him again.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

Did Eli outplay him, or did the Giants' D outplay our D?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it is wrong to say that Brady is over-rated. It is also not wrong to admit that Eli Manning is better than Brady.  Younger and healthier - and therefore better. Brady is pushing 35 - he is not going to be better next year.  He is going to continue to go downhill.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Nonsense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tom Brady comes up small again... : thats not fair...give Jints D some credit...and Brady had better D before in the SB years...he is human after all
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

You won't find a lot of fair around here when it comes to Brady. These rubes expect he will put up on fire numbers against the best of the best.

The Giants' D played pretty well. These fans expect Brady to put up numbers against the best playoff teams like he does against the bottom feeders of the league. Ridiculous.

He played fairly well. The difference was a couple of key drops and the D's inability to pounce on a couple of fumbles.

The Giants made some key catches that the Pats' receivers dropped. That makesd all the difference in a close game.

Welker's drop is absolutely inexcusable in crunch time of a SB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Did Eli outplay him, or did the Giants' D outplay our D?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

giants d outplayed the pats' elite o.
    overall pats d gave up probably less than what they were aiming for before the game started.
    please stop being in denial about the o choking on another big game. pats o did not score in the last 26 mins!

i'd rather that o play good enough in the reg season to get them in the playoffs but plays lights out in the playoffs, than set records in the reg season then produces half their normal on playoff games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

It seems to me when trying to run out the clock,you run the ball. Ben-Jarvis is always averaging 4-5 yards a run, but they are always wanting to throw, where a miss makes it 2 and 10 and stops the clock. I hope they see this next year, but I say that every year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : You won't find a lot of fair around here when it comes to Brady. These rubes expect he will put up on fire numbers against the best of the best. The Giants' D played pretty well. These fans expect Brady to put up numbers against the best playoff teams like he does against the bottom feeders of the league. Ridiculous. He played fairly well. The difference was a couple of key drops and the D's inability to pounce on a couple of fumbles. The Giants made some key catches that the Pats' receivers dropped. That makesd all the difference in a close game. Welker's drop is absolutely inexcusable in crunch time of a SB.

100% agree. This was a decent, modest effort by both teams with the exception that one team made more plays than the other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He didn't play his best game that's for sure. Welker has to make that catch. That's all I know and I think we all look at the game differently. Get some outside WR that are more than average / medicore and they will be in the dance again next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : giants d outplayed the pats' elite o. overall pats d gave up probably less than what they were aiming for before the game started. please stop being in denial about the o choking on another big game. pats o did not score in the last 26 mins! i'd rather that o play good enough in the reg season to get them in the playoffs but plays lights out in the playoffs, than set records in the reg season then produces half their normal on playoff games.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I thought overall the defensive effort was there. They allowed 4 scores (one a gimme TD to get more clock which might have been just a FG under different circumstances) So on 2/3 of the scoring drives, they held them to FG. I can't find much fault in that. The problem was in the execution of a few plays by the offense. They had to score on that drive in the 4th or at least keep the football for 9 minutes. They didn't. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it is wrong to say that Brady is over-rated. It is also not wrong to admit that Eli Manning is better than Brady.  Younger and healthier - and therefore better. Brady is pushing 35 - he is not going to be better next year.  He is going to continue to go downhill.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

No.

Eli is overrated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it's easy to blame Brady....but, I blame Obie and BBs lack of a plan b when their plan a was almost set up to fail against the Giants D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : This will go on forever. We will never know who to "blame", and unfortunately, it will live in Super Bowl lore forever, and we'll have to look at it over and over and over and over again as long as we watch football. But no pressure....
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    My point is, why do we have to blame anyone?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

God i love Wes, just not so much anymore!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Did Eli outplay him, or did the Giants' D outplay our D?

I don't think Eli "outplayed" Brady, but one thing he didn't do is cost his team with mistakes. Brady's errant pass to given the Gints 2 points on the safety + a very poor decision on the interception targeting Gronk could have cost the Pats the game. I hate to play what if, but IF Brady throws the ball away in the direction of a WR and doesn't give up the safety, perhaps the O gets in position at the end of the game to hit a game winning FG. Of course assuming everything happened exactly as it did after the safety..which we know it wouldn't.

Babe, as much as you and I blasted this defense this year, I think the Defense overall played well. The TOP didn't help our cause, but I don't know who's feet you lay that at..the O for not staying on teh field, or the D for not being able to get off in key situations.

Brady didn't have a great night. He was less than accurate on a few balls + made some poor decisions. His WRs didn't help him, nor did the running game. The D couldn't get pressure on Eli in teh 2nd half, and couldn't get the ball off 2 fumbles. Plenty of blame to spread on this one.

The 1 big issue I have is the gameplan, which reflects on BB and staff. With 2 weeks to prepare, knowing Gronk wasn't going to be relied on, they couldn't come up with a better gameplan to attack the Gints D? Also, after the Gints D adjusted to what the Pats had on O, I didn't see the Pats O adjust in any way either. The coaching staff in my mind layed a big egg on in game adjustments when it came to the Offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : giants d outplayed the pats' elite o. overall pats d gave up probably less than what they were aiming for before the game started. please stop being in denial about the o choking on another big game.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

You may not have noticed that the defenses they face are by and large a lot better in the playoffs than those during the regular season. He's not going to put up 35 points every week in the playoffs, just like he wouldn't facing the Giants D 16 times a year.

Yes, they only scored 17 points. You can also look at it that our misfit-studded defense gave up 4 more than that. 3:46 left, with the ball on the Giants 18, up by two points. Defense's game to lose, or win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

What's really perplexing is your spelling! Try to be a good fan. The Pats came up short and gave us a great year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : The IG was only 2 points, but it gave me a bad impression of Brady right from the start. He moved past it in the middle of the game, but it's hard to say what was going on in his head. It's almost like he saw Welker open and thought "there! there's the game, now don't mess it up, don't mess it up, don't mess it up" and while doing all that, was off target. We may never know. Very sad, and now I've got to listen to YEARS of "Eli" and "Manning" talk from all these stupid Colts fans around here.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

The IG was not 2 points. It was a 9 POINT TURNOVER. The ensuing TD by the Giants are a direct correlation to that turnover. When a team goes and scores points after and INT you attribute those points to the turnover. Well the Safety IG bad decision is a turnover and ALL of those 9 points can be laid at Brady's feet.

Luckily the D stepped up and forced a punt on Brady's 2nd turnover or more points would be laying at his feet.

To make the whole thing worse is that Brady's two turnovers were not even special or great plays by the Giants D. They were simply really poor decisions by Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

there were plenty of chances to win it... we didntmake the plays when we needed to simple as that...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]The problem isn't Brady. The problem is you are an idiot and don't know the game.

Here we go with the teflon Tom people. The safety was his fault. The INT was his fault. The pass behind a wide open Welker was his fault and the offense failing once again to convert for one first down that would have allowed the clock to be run down more and forced the Giants to use their final timeout was the offense's fault.

The defense gave up a whopping 19 points. That's damn good for a D that you guys have been dumping on all year.

The best indicator of your sad attempt to excuse Brady is your silly complaint that the D failed to recover a fumble that was recovered by the RB that lost it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Eli was better than Brady.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Come on. It was a terribly disappointing loss, but "tarnish Brady's legacy forever?" You've forgotten his three Super Bowl championships (and two MVPs ) already? It wasn't a vintage Brady performance. But even with that, had Welker made that catch at the 20-yard line on the next-to-last drive, Brady wins his fourth ring.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    So, where does this put Marino who NEVER won a SB as well as other great QBs in the HoF?  Losing a SB does not ruin a career!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Eli was better than Brady.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    We'd be talking differently if some of the Patriot's receivers made catches like we saw the Giants receivers make.  Giants had no BIG drops like we saw the from the Pats receivers.  Giants made plays, Pats did not!  Plain and simple.

Sections
Shortcuts