Brady Had Some Bad desicions 
    but no WR help killed us 
    branch and ocho must be replaced 
    and having half a gronk doesnt help 

didn't understand why no ridley in the running game 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...:
    In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Not that one babe. He had both hands on the ball but he had to leap almost above what he's capable of while twisting around backwards. As I said, he COULD have caught it, but it shouldn't have come to that. And yes, they throw incompletions, but not in that situation. He was not under pressure, Welker was wide open, and he missed him. If you're going to be "elite", you MAKE that throw. He picked a bad time to miss one, and it probably cost them what would have been the greatest SB win of all time.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Truth ? Welker open, dropped catchable pass. Pass might have been spotted a little sharper, though not enough to fault QB or receiver. Fate. Examiner - D Bag. Over.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Again, I quote Collinsworth, who I normally don't really like all that much: "Walker makes that catch 100 out of 100 times."
    Posted by LloydDobler

This will go on forever. We will never know who to "blame", and unfortunately, it will live in Super Bowl lore forever, and we'll have to look at it over and over and over and over again as long as we watch football. But no pressure....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The D was NOT good.  Giants were on the field too much, too many 3rd down conversion.

Brady was not great.  After scoring on 2 consecutive drives, nothing after the first drive of the half.

Welker's miss, even if it could have been thrown better, was the game. Blew it.

Other receivers dropping balls all over the place.

Too many penalties.

That games was excruciating to watch. So winnable.  They did not deserve to win.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Truth ? Welker open, dropped catchable pass. Pass might have been spotted a little sharper, though not enough to fault QB or receiver. Fate. Examiner - D Bag. Over.
    Posted by Hog73

If you say so hog. I'm not calling anyone a "d bag" on here. It's just undeniable that he missed the throw, which is what made it so hard for Welker to get to. That's a fact, and there's no way to get around it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : hard catch, but he should have made that one. welker will probably say so himself.
    Posted by seattlepat70

But the fact is, AGAIN, the Giant receivers make the game-changing great plays.  The one at the 50?  Hard play.  harder than Welker's, I'd say.

Lots of blame to go around.  Defense, offense, Brady, Welker, and anyone Tom threw to on the last drive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : If you say so hog. I'm not calling anyone a "d bag" on here. It's just undeniable that he missed the throw, which is what made it so hard for Welker to get to. That's a fact, and there's no way to get around it.
    Posted by TheExaminer

"fact" ?  or opinion? "no way to get around it" ? You that limited ?
    Grow up, kiddo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

cant believe a BB coached team would get called for a 12 men on field penalty

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

The Pats receivers dropped too many passes in this one...Tom Brady gets a pass from me...Then again, Brady is no Eli Manning......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

cant believe a BB coached team would get called for a 12 men on field penalty
    Posted by redsoxfan94

If only that was all we had to complain about....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : But it's not true. Brady and Eli had nearly identical stats (minus the garbage int TB threw that was about the same as a punt) and would have except for the crucial drops. He had a 91 passer rating. That's about what Eli had for his "elite" season.
    Posted by BabeParilli

as i said somewhere in these boards, this one goes beyond tb. that said, a 91 at big stage, is low with tb's "eliteness". that's ordinary for a sb qb. if we cannot expect better performance from him on this stage, then can we stop defending this tb pass-centric philosophy?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Here's a simple request....all you sanctimonious idiots have someone smack your left shoulder with a sledge hammer and then go out in the backyard and try to throw a football accurately. Brady was 10 for 10 in that great drive to end the first half. But clearly he wasn't the same after that sack and landing on his hurt shoulder. Where is the class, or even simple understanding. I am sure nobody feels worse than Tom right now. He really wanted this one for Myra. And nobody in his right mind can question Tom's toughness and desire. That said, I am sorry to say that the Curse of Giselle will probably become part of New England sport folklore for sure now.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

I don't know what is more bloody idiotic: weak sauce excuses like the hit on his shoulder or blaming his wife or a curse.

There really should be an IQ test to qualify posting here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : Not that one babe. He had both hands on the ball but he had to leap almost above what he's capable of while twisting around backwards. As I said, he COULD have caught it, but it shouldn't have come to that. And yes, they throw incompletions, but not in that situation. He was not under pressure, Welker was wide open, and he missed him. If you're going to be "elite", you MAKE that throw. He picked a bad time to miss one, and it probably cost them what would have been the greatest SB win of all time.
    Posted by TheExaminer

You catch that ball. Case closed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : If only that was all we had to complain about....
    Posted by TheExaminer

very true, but i mean the whole year the team won because they played smart football and allowed the other teams to crap on themselves....now the roles were reversed

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to "Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...":
    In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : But it's not true. Brady and Eli had nearly identical stats (minus the garbage int TB threw that was about the same as a punt) and would have except for the crucial drops. He had a 91 passer rating. That's about what Eli had for his "elite" season. Posted by BabeParilli
    The Pats didn't get any breaks all night, starting with the safety call. (Really, spot the Giants two points for that?). And the Giants put the ball on the ground three times, but recover every one. Sometimes it's just not ur day. But that interception was hardly garbage time. The Pats had a chance to eat the clock and ice the game right there. Bad decision. Maybe Brady was hurt in the second half, but he didn't play well

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

belichick's call to run i-formation on 1st down in the 4th q was the dummest call ever.  maybe do play action from that set. but run? 1 back set widens the defense; 2 backs and they line up nine in the box.  result is a 1 yd loss. Stupid. worst call ever.  Even hernandez couldn't believe it.
    Posted by dfehr93

Totally agree! And a much overlooked mistake. I think they only threw two "trick" running plays all night and they both worked great. We couldn't have had maybe one or two more, perhaps on the very play you refer to? I knew that would haunt us, just like I knew the INT would and they SUPER BOWL of blunders by Ninkovich. Lining up offsides? Really? On a BB coached team? Late in the 4th? Just awful.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

He didn't get much help...  if the D could have kept the Giants OFF the field would have been good.  The time of possession for the Giants was 38 minutes to the Pats 22!!!  Brady had only 22 minutes to score points!  He does not do miracles as many seem to want him to do!
    Posted by agcsbill

Bill...once the offense gets on the field isn't it their job to stay on the field and score points? The offense ran a whopping 9 less plays than ther Giants. Don't blame the D for the stupid interception Brady threw or the intentional grounding

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts